Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2006, 10:39 AM   #241
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The evil Santar is ready to throw fury at Roggie!
I'm not sure what his angle will be, if you can think of a history for him, Rogs, do so, just make it funny.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #242
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
No I think Skittles has a dead robot doppelganger.

I want to know how she suddenly got in off the beach...both selves.
Human Skittles switched with her robot when she went into room to change into the bikini. She didn't actually change clothes, she just sent her robot out to make people think they knew where she was, whilst she did various sneaky things, including putting itching powder into Anakron's trunk.

And what, you don't think Robot Skittles had plenty of time to go surfing and come back in time to listen to most of Anakron and Panakeia's conversation?

Quote:
Actually, I need you to choose another orc to destroy. I need Lugnut, who would not be doing what you have him doing here. Of course, if you really do insist on using him, maybe the conveyances are going to get a little more powerful....
Geez, all this over a dead Orc. Okay, I'll do something.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:08 AM   #243
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Wasn't Lugnut up with Anakron and Panakeia?
Old 06-15-2006, 11:55 AM   #244
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Wasn't Lugnut up with Anakron and Panakeia?
Lugnut was just ahead of Anakron and Panakeia in the hallway.

Actually, the dead Orc was never named in the game thread, right? So it didn't have to be Lugnut, did it?
Old 06-15-2006, 11:58 AM   #245
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Actually, I left him unnamed so that if someone objected to him being dead, well, it didn't necessarily have to be him. But the androgynous part kind of hinted at it.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:02 PM   #246
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
But the androgynous part kind of hinted at it.
Ah, then there's nothing to worry about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
Lûgnût rose, looking at them fiercely. His androgyneity had disappeared.
Wasn't poor ol' Luggie after all.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #247
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I made an edit:

Quote:
(Fear not, gentle readers, for this hapless Orc was not the beloved Lugnut, but Lugnut's evil twin, Nuglut.)
Kath, I hope you don't mind, I'm going to hijack Igör for a wee little bit.... I'll return him in one piece, though.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #248
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
There are a lot of androgynous orcs (lisping too) hanging around Mordor since the Dweomer began. Haven't you been reading your textbooks? They love bureaucracy too. So Lugnut NOT being androgynous anymore, automatically discludes him as one of Diamond's victims in this particular instance. Not that it matters. If Diamond had not changed anything, I thought of a half dozen ways to deal with it anyway. I don't have anything to do with my time except think about ATM2, doesn't that tell you something?
Old 06-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #249
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Kath, I hope you don't mind, I'm going to hijack Igör for a wee little bit.... I'll return him in one piece, though.
Go for it! As I said, far too busy at the moment to do much with him. Though you know, if you had killed Lugnut and needed him back alive, Igör could always have fixed him. Just a note for the future
Old 06-15-2006, 04:13 PM   #250
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

If anyone is wondering about my intentions for RoboSkitt, it's pretty much nothing more than to see it destroyed in various and spectacular ways.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:21 PM   #251
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
If anyone is wondering about my intentions for RoboSkitt, it's pretty much nothing more than to see it destroyed in various and spectacular ways.
Sounds like fun.

I'll fill my save soon, but I need to find something out from LMP first. His last post intrigues me, and I sort of need to know something about it before I write my post...

EDIT: On second thought, since LMP is on vacation, it might take him a while to get back to me. I'll hold off on that in case he doesn't have to chance to reply soon, so save filled anyway.

Last edited by Celuien; 06-15-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:25 PM   #252
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Save filled. Lhuna, if you don't want to fall for Dracomir's ruse feel free to avoid it, but I think it might be quite fun rendering you Inaudible for a bit...
Ouch. Technically it isn't like Maika to accept something like that, especially from someone she doesn't particularly like, but what did they say about discontinuity? Dracomir would better be prepared, though, if ever. We'll see.

Speaking of Dracomir...I've just finished book one (gasp!) and I hate him. Draco, I mean.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 06-15-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:40 AM   #253
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I've just posted an interesting little twist on the bridge of Kazad dum. A little roll reversal, I think it works. A chance for Roggie of Morgoth to show his quality. I leave it to you to decide what happens to him against the evil Santar.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:57 AM   #254
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel

I've had my first Downs Dream-or meta-Dream. Basically I dreamt that I dreamt a dream with weird Celtic imagery involving the Triple Goddess in the form of Diamond, Fea and Jenny, woke up (still in the dream) and decided to submit it to the Barrow-Downs, but then got distracted and swanned about in London for a bit. Then I really woke up.
Well? Fea? Diamond? Can we pretty please form the Triple Goddess? Somewhere in this?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:15 AM   #255
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
It could be interesting. Let's save it for later. I've got an idea about it that's better to be done once certain other things occur.

Form, B88, TGWBS... are you guys around somewhere...?
Old 06-16-2006, 12:33 PM   #256
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Exams finished last Monday, but I've been back at college and learning lots (paradoxically, I'm doing more subjects now than before exams). But at least the exams are over. I'll be with you soon.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #257
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
It could be interesting. Let's save it for later. I've got an idea about it that's better to be done once certain other things occur.

Form, B88, TGWBS... are you guys around somewhere...?
Yes.... but.... I haven't a clue what I'm doing.

And Mt. Zoom driving away definitely didn't help.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:29 PM   #258
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

There you go, Anguirel. Poor Maika.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:12 AM   #259
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Save filled. Look out Skittles!

Interesting way of dealing with Santar, Roggie, I must say. Didn't see that coming.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #260
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hookbill, you've crossed with LMP. He's got Skittles being converted to... something... and you've got her being fallen upon and whatnot. For all that teasing Skittles is dangerously fun, I'm pretty sure that unless Smilog and Co. fell on RoboSkit whilst Anakron was elsewhere with LegitiSkit, an edit needs to be made to correct the inconsistency.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #261
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Ah. I'll see what I can do...

Wait, I'm confused. I was sure that Skittles was still in the laboratory waiting for the robot to leave and go and do mischief, but it got stuck with the door. I assumed that was when Anakron and Panakeia entered with their announcements. Both this and this post lead me to belive this.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 06-17-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #262
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Hold on... maybe I misread...

Edit: Gotcha. Nevermind. Ignore me.

I definately missed something in there. Blame the weather: going from 50 to 90 degrees in two days makes for somewhat or a rough transition.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 06-17-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:42 PM   #263
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Save filled.

Pertinent info for the easily confused :

Smilog, Tollin and Igör have left the labratory, leaving Anakron, Panakeia, Skittles and RoboSkitt behind.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #264
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I don't have enough creative juices to make a whole post to follow on Diamond's latest and greatest, but if anybody wants to (coughCeluiencough) do so, Anakron will drawl, "Yes, I believe! Absolutely! See ya! Bye!"
Old 06-17-2006, 09:12 PM   #265
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
"Yes, I believe! Absolutely! See ya! Bye!"
In RoboSkitt? Panakeia will be highly disappointed.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:29 AM   #266
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I hope someone wants to rescue Panakeia. Preferably Anakron.

If not, she can escape by tearing her dress. That's almost worse than being hit with Skittles' switchblade.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:03 AM   #267
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Hookbill, I'd like to preface this by saying that I love your character and I love your writing. Still, I have a bit of an issue that needs addressing.

Some of you know, some of you don't: I'm in control of Heren's Roggie account. He was slated to write Roggie himself, but he went and became a father on me (and what a cute baby, I might add, and a beautiful wife, so no wonder he has less time now... ) and so offered me the loan for the duration of the game.

That said, I have a very set character description of Roggie being misunderstood, not cruel or self-absorbed. He was a slave to Morgoth back in the day and as soon as he could escape, he did. He has a reputation, but it's unwarranted. Roggie of Morgoth is an actor and only accepted this country into his control because Mardil convinced him that any other would take it for self-advancement and the people would suffer.

Roggie has a temper, but he would not kick a dwarf and laugh, nor would he punch him in the face.

He will threaten anybody that gets near him, but Roggie's bark is far more potent than his bite, if you follow. He's a huge pacifist, regardless of his decision to make Skittles his chief war advisor.

Please, keep up the fantastic writing. It consistently makes me laugh aloud. But try not to take too many liberties with my character or soon I'll not recognize him. The whole reason I'm so fond of him is that Roggie is not a stereotypical Balrog.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:17 AM   #268
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Well, I had a bit of a plan going on. It was a joke that everyone started hitting Smilog, and it would be explained later that his voice sometimes reaches the exact and odd pitch that inadvertently makes anyone who hears it feel violent. Tollin would slowly have resorted to giving Smilog a good kick every now and again, not only for this reason but also because he is becomes extremely arrogant and treats Tollin like a servant at times. Nothing against Roggie, I wanted this to be a joke reserved for later, but I can reveal it now if it will make you feel better.
I know Roggie isn’t supposed to be pure evil or anything, I just like to think that my character is that annoying at times.
I can change things if it'll make you feel better.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:32 AM   #269
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm quite okay with the joke; it just seemed as though Roggie were acting so out of character as to become somebody else completely. Unless, of course, there's a RoboRog running around that I don't know about, which is entirely possible.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #270
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Unless, of course, there's a RoboRog running around that I don't know about, which is entirely possible.
In a world of driving mountains, Sauron Santar, Skittles and such, ANYTHING is possible.

I have, now, made a slight change to my post:

Quote:
The Minotaur went first, followed by Roggie, who knocked Smilog to the ground, almost not knowing why he did it
Hope that is better.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:42 AM   #271
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Much better, thanks.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:30 AM   #272
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I hope someone wants to rescue Panakeia. Preferably Anakron.
I've got an idea, so leave it to me.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:33 AM   #273
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
I've got an idea, so leave it to me.
Uh-oh. I can't wait.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:50 PM   #274
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Save filled.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:17 PM   #275
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Funny stuff, Diamond!
I liked the cork floor! But wouldn't that expand or something when the water came though the ceiling? Or, we could just ignore this and count them as separate jokes.
Jokes, as we all know, follow their own rules.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:32 PM   #276
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Probably best to keep the jokes separate, since the corkboard floor was random spur of the moment insertion, with disregard for all things resembling logic...
Old 06-18-2006, 07:01 PM   #277
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I don't know why, but I find myself chuckling everytime I read the words Abby Normal.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #278
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm going to take a few days' break from ATM2 whilst Anakron is off konveying new fanatical religions amongst Trolls (Allah-matar), helping Lugnut develop his (Womb of the Ring with the prophesied Second Coming of Sauron), Dwarves (we'll think of something), and Humans (Elessar Reincarnated in Mardil, among others). Panakeia will eventually find him, I suppose, somewhere in Mordor not so far from Mount Zoom....
Old 06-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #279
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
I'm going to take a few days' break from ATM2 whilst Anakron is off konveying new fanatical religions amongst Trolls (Allah-matar)...
Er...quite risque? I don't have a problem with this personally, but...y'know...I don't want anyone to track you down and murder you, Elempi...
Old 06-19-2006, 06:00 PM   #280
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Ummm. RoboSkitt is currently disabled. Let me know if that's okay. If not, I'll delete or edit as required.