The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 09:39 PM   #521
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

Trippo the Hippo: I am totaly indifferent as to whether I am on this thread or not.

Trippo the Hippo: A Hippo? On the dance floor? You have just got to be kidding me ...

Trippo the Hippo: Swing from the chandeliers? No, I would never do such a thing.

GaladOTO: No, me neither.

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2003, 10:10 PM   #522
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Me: What chandelier? I never heard of any chandelier... and no, (the character, not me)Menelien would never drink... how could you even think such a thing?

~Menelien
Old 05-22-2003, 10:24 PM   #523
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

GaladOTO: And I would certainly never dream of falling asleep at a party ...
Old 05-22-2003, 10:34 PM   #524
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

(I've actually almost done that literally, though I actually find the noise a bit hard to sleep with- but hey, I fell asleep at synagogue once...)
Saucepan Man- ...and I, myself, would never even dream of coming to a party decked out in kitchen utensils... loud noises make me sick [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Trippo- I simply despise parties...

Me- you know, I shouldn't be online at this hour, so why don't I go tell my parents that this is what I spend my nights doing? I mean, they wouldn't mind if I told the truth, would they?

~Menelien

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-22-2003, 11:27 PM   #525
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
the phantom- I'm really nothing special. Quite unattractive, and boring as well. Please walk right by.
You know, seeing my name and those comments together almost made me scream.

You're right, I would NEVER post that. Then again, I'd never post anything so contrary to all the evidence! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sophia- I HATE Radiohead!! Their music sucks!
Old 05-23-2003, 12:44 AM   #526
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Me: I refuse to listen to any but one type of music! And that would be...

(err, maybe not then [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])
Niluial: Ah, the joys of spelling!

~Menelien

Edit: Er, the first remark about Nil was rather hypocitical, especially as I misspelled "spelling" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-23-2003, 08:01 AM   #527
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
0r perhaps- Will you stop telling me stuff all the time? I get bored listening to your crap, let's talk about ME!
Sophia, I do believe you are getting to know me pretty well. For everyone else not getting it, there is nothing wrong with talking about ME, but I'm studying to be a psychologist. Listening to people's "crap" is exactly what I want to be doing.

Sophia-Hobbits are such fascinating creatures, in fact, I am currently applying Rogaine to my feet, so I can not only read about them, but I can be one in real life. Hobbits...quite fantastic creatures.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:12 AM   #528
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Quote:
Sophia-Hobbits are such fascinating creatures, in fact, I am currently applying Rogaine to my feet, so I can not only read about them, but I can be one in real life. Hobbits...quite fantastic creatures.
Not fancying the hobbits? You should PM Maika. I think you two will get along fine.

Goto: What sleeping? Yeah do that all the time. It is a shame that my downs time has to suffer by my sleep scedule.

Trippo the hippo: Don't feel sad for not being mentioned. Mithadan is not mentioned much and he is a great guy too right? And you are never to new to do anything. I am only mentioned because the people here all know me. There are a lot of downers that don't. Just a coinsedence that they are all here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Don't feel sad. If you are not steriotipical enough to be mentioned, it is only a good thing. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Suilad,

Anuion
Old 05-23-2003, 12:39 PM   #529
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

GaladrielOTO: Overuse an idea? Me? Are you joking! What was that about spelling, I have no clue what you're going on about! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Helkahothion: Oh the joys of spelling!

Me: Steal an idea? never! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 05-23-2003, 03:27 PM   #530
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

the phantom:
Quote:
Sophia- I HATE Radiohead!! Their music sucks!
Alaklondewen:
Quote:
The anti-me begins to take a more definite shape.

Legolas- Must we be so picky about details? Nobody cares about the difference between Istar (sing.) and Istari (pl.) anyway...

the real findorfin (an RPG post)- Fin huddled in the corner, terrified of all the beautiful women. He didn't know how some elves could dare talk to them.

The Saucepan Man- *glancing up from a very large vodka* Yes, I remember... some... of that party. Spent most of it passed out in a corner, but really, invigorating experience.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-23-2003, 08:19 PM   #531
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

Location: somewhere with hippos that say jolly o and wear spectacles
Trippo The Hippo has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Aww I feel so loved! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] *Hugs GaladrielOTO, The Saucepan Man, and Helka for those encouraging words.* I suppose now I should make one up about someone.

Maybe later. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2003, 08:56 PM   #532
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Quote:
Iarwain: Morality? Well, it's very black and white really. No point in getting into a deep discussion about it.
hehehe. So true. So true...

Iarwain
Old 05-23-2003, 09:38 PM   #533
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Trippo, I feel so... hugged. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
GaladrielOTO: Overuse an idea? Me? Are you joking!
Harumph! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Lyra: Me? Taunt Galadriel? You must be kidding... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-24-2003, 02:59 AM   #534
Tarien Ithil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tarien Ithil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Tarien Ithil: Humor? What?
Yeah, what was humor agian? *scratches head*

Quote:
Tarien Ithil: I hate people who come from Australia!!
Humph! Of course I do! *don't worry, Nil! I'd never forsake my own country!* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Crickhollow
Old 05-24-2003, 05:33 PM   #535
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

This is an actual Helka quote
Helkahothion: So please get back on topic.
I'm shocked and amazed!

Trippo the Hippo: Oooh! Stop talking about me! I just want to quietly fade into the background so no-one notices me...
Helka: Me too! We're kindred spirits!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 05-24-2003, 08:36 PM   #536
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

1420!

Quote:
The Saucepan Man- *glancing up from a very large vodka* Yes, I remember... some... of that party. Spent most of it passed out in a corner, but really, invigorating experience.
Hehe, substitute a large gin and tonic for the vodka and that's not so far from the truth. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ May 24, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]
Old 05-25-2003, 05:16 AM   #537
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

GaladrieloftheOlden: I have every Pockimon (what ever those things are called) figurines in the world!!!

Lyra: Oh my word you do? I have everyone but Peekachew!

Barrow-Wight: Well Galadriel you may have everyone, but I bet you don’t have the special addition set of Pockimons, like I do.

GaladrieloftheOlden: Excuse me I said EVERY ONE….meaning like all of them.

Legolas: Barrow-Wight how many times must I tell you keep on the topic!

Bethberry: Legolas get over yourself, I am also a moderator, so speak to the hand! Oh and by the way I only started my Pockimon collection the other day and I already have thirteen, it is gr8!

Tarien Ithil: Oh my, a Pockimon conversation! How cool!

Lush: Yea, Pockimon! *Puts on pockimon outfit and starts singing Pockimon song*

Pio: Ok who wants to be in the Pockimon RPG?

Bethberry: Me!!

Barrow-Wight: Oh come on pick me!

GaladrieloftheOlden: No!!! ME!!!

Me: I want to be the main one!

Lyra: That’s not fair, I want to be the main one, anyway Niluial you suck at RPG’s anyone!

Amanaduial the archer: No I am the best RPG’er, I deserve to have the main part. Anyway, I bet you guys don’t have all the Pockimon comics!

The Saucepan Man: Amanaduial the archer that is nothing! I have a whole lot of pots and pans with all the Pockimon pictures on them.

the phantom (suddenly pops in the conversation): I bet none of you have seen a ant!!

Ok.. that was stupid, but it was weird!!!
Old 05-25-2003, 08:37 AM   #538
Tarien Ithil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

LOL, Nil! Yea, a Pokemon conversation! How very cool! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
*runs around singing the Pokemon song*

How did you get the idea of Pokemon anyway? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Crickhollow
Old 05-25-2003, 09:00 AM   #539
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Funny stuff up there [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Bethberry: Legolas get over yourself, I am also a moderator, so speak to the hand!
I can just picture her like on of those gangser black girls twisting her arm and landing her hand in front of Legolas' nose hahaha. That would be indeed really weird.

Bethberry: Helka! You have made a terrible mistake in your spelling. It is that big, that I'm granting you this award. Please keep this up and you will have your PT in no time.

Suilad,

Anuion
Old 05-25-2003, 11:08 AM   #540
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Quote:
Amanaduial the archer: No I am the best RPG’er, I deserve to have the main part. Anyway, I bet you guys don’t have all the Pockimon comics!

The Saucepan Man: Amanaduial the archer that is nothing! I have a whole lot of pots and pans with all the Pockimon pictures on them.
Oh, I like, I like alot.

Man, why can I never come up with things like that?!
Old 05-25-2003, 12:55 PM   #541
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

*claps* That was funny, Nil, I enjoyed. Especially the part where Legolas told BW to get on topic [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Saucepan-
Quote:
Hehe, substitute a large gin and tonic for the vodka and that's not so far from the truth.
So I've discovered! Late night pm conversations can be extremely enlightening. *scoffs* Drinks tea at parties indeed!

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-25-2003, 02:02 PM   #542
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Me: Ah, yes, Pokemon... of course I have all of them, you dolt! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Me (again. Self centered, am I? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) : Ooh! TV and chocolate... those are the two things I love more than the BarrowDowns... bye guys, I'm leaving for the night.
(Just for the record, I hate chocolate and I barely watch tv...)

~Menelien
Old 05-25-2003, 05:21 PM   #543
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Me: Nooooo! How did you find out my dark secret Nil?

Niluial: That is NOT Tolkien related. I'm upset and disgusted.
the Forbidden Link
Old 05-25-2003, 06:31 PM   #544
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
the phantom (suddenly pops in the conversation): I bet none of you have seen a ant!!
Niluial, not all of us are as smart as you. Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain what you meant by that... or is the humor a bit above my level?
Old 05-25-2003, 06:36 PM   #545
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Sophia: I'm just terrified of thunderstorms! And man, I hate rain. Dreary, wet, ugly stuff... Please tell me when the storm is over—I'll be cowering in the basement.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:07 PM   #546
Tarien Ithil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Every single Barrow-downer: Who wrote LOTR again?

Just thought I'd add that! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] *a gem* [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Crickhollow
Old 05-27-2003, 01:40 PM   #547
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Pokemon spoof was priceless! It would make such an awesome Barrow-comic... Can'y you just see it?

Helka (or any major RPGer): Like dude, what is an RPG? Radical Puffy Gum? Dude, I want some of that! Radical Puffy Gum... Tight, man!

[ May 27, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]
Old 05-27-2003, 02:18 PM   #548
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Pio, that ode to Legolas was simply beautiful. I knew you had the hots for him all along! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

JUST ABOUT ANYBODY HERE- I think I'll change my screen name to (Choose one of the following)
*MarySue
*Rabid Fan Girl
*Leggo Luvr
*Legolas' One And Only Undying Love Who Will Shower Him With Kisses All Day Every Day Until The World Ends Or Someone New Comes Along, Whichever Comes First, And No, You Can't Have Him When I'm Done With Him.

MEELA- Denethor is an ugly jerk!! Grima Wormtongue has cooties!

That's all I can think of for now.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:31 PM   #549
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Quote:
*MarySue
*Rabid Fan Girl
*Leggo Luvr
*Legolas' One And Only Undying Love Who Will Shower Him With Kisses All Day Every Day Until The World Ends Or Someone New Comes Along, Whichever Comes First, And No, You Can't Have Him When I'm Done With Him.
Ah. So you havent read some of the posts then. Just search through the Novices and Newcomers section- you will find hundreds of 'lego luvrs'. *shudder* And in the old RPGs there were a fair amount of mary-sues- you know, elven princesses who shoot flames out of their eyes...
Old 05-27-2003, 07:18 PM   #550
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bethberry: Legolas get over yourself, I am also a moderator, so speak to the hand!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can just picture her like on of those gangser black girls twisting her arm and landing her hand in front of Legolas' nose hahaha. That would be indeed really weird.
Ah, inpiration...

Bethberry: *making rap gestures* Yo yo yo! Wassup muh homey-G?

Legolas: *bobbing head* Just grooving with muh posse!
Old 05-27-2003, 10:44 PM   #551
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
Helka (or any major RPGer): what is an RPG?
Actually, Helka did ask me exactly that when he had just joined the forum.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2003, 09:32 AM   #552
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
And in the old RPGs there were a fair amount of mary-sues- you know, elven princesses who shoot flames out of their eyes...
I'm so glad, I have not been dead then. I would have turned in my grave if I ever saw things like that.

Quote:
Helka (or any major RPGer): what is an RPG?
Me? A major RPGer? Gosh, thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Indeed Maika, I did not have a clue what those things where, until you tolled me. I really owe you for that. (and many other things)

Bethberry: Hello whosere?
Barrow-Wight: WAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!
Legolas: WAZAAAAAAAAP!
Barrow-Wight: Was happenin' B?
Bethberry: Watching the game, havin' a buzz
Barrow-Wight: True, true. So have been haning around?
BB: Yeah pretty much, cruzin with my homies from the westside. Westsiiiiiiiiiiide!
BW: Hey, Eastside pawnz your side biatch! Eastsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
Legolas: Hey, later killaz, I'm just goin to pick up me ho's and take in my fo by fo for a lil' crusin' and some good clean fun.
BB:Later elfboy.
BW:Yeah laterz
Helkahothion: OK, this is so not to the point. I always say this and I say it again, you people should never joke around and get on-topic.
Mithadan: Hey zipit. We are mod's you know? Consider yo self banned. No but's mister, I never stick up for anyone, because we mod's only think of ourself and worship only power.
BB: Westsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide. Yeah so it was off topic? I don't give a thing. I'm a mod. Get lost yall.

Did I overdo it? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Suilad,

Anuion
Old 05-28-2003, 11:31 AM   #553
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Quote:
Did I overdo it?
I can barely understand it. Be honest- did you slip into Dutch a bit? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
the Forbidden Link
Old 05-28-2003, 02:24 PM   #554
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Quote:
Mithadan: Hey zipit. We are mod's you know? Consider yo self banned. No but's mister, I never stick up for anyone, because we mod's only think of ourself and worship only power.
LOL! Excellent.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:00 PM   #555
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Oh thank you everyone.. Oh sorry I spelt Pokemon wrong.. I did not know how to spell it.. well because I don’t watch it… [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]!! Well you know I had to think for hours about what I was to write it had to be perfect and then I got…. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]…. ok I’ll stop there……. The true story goes I was sitting watching TV and a advert for Pokemon came on… and I was thinking oh how dumb and a thought popped in my head so yea!

Quote:
Niluial, not all of us are as smart as you. Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain what you meant by that... or is the humour a bit above my level?
Oh!! No well you are very sophisticated and cleaver…. It was actually a compliment “101 things Barrow-Downs Would Never Say" so sorry if you have taken an offence to it… but I meant well!!

Oh sorry if that was off topic! Oh by the way everyone is coming up with lots of funny posts!!! I liked yours Helky!

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]
Old 05-28-2003, 09:04 PM   #556
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

Quote:
If I had 25 cents for everytime I heard that, I wouldn't need to work this summer. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Bethberry-Thou must follow Tolkein's cannon like a dog chases a cat. Thou shalt not deviate one bit, or the might of the delete button shall be felt.

Or, conversely:

Bethberry-Half sisters of Arwen with blond hair, green eyes, and a personal armory? Why not?

Yup, moderates are your friend. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Me: My next RP character will be an overly optimistic, happy, and pacifist hobbit without any sort of questionable background whatsoever.

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: Ransom ]
Old 05-28-2003, 11:05 PM   #557
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
It was actually a compliment
Niluial, don't worry your pretty head, I figured it was a compliment, but I was just wondering what the exact compliment was. I interpreted it to mean "the phantom never jumps in off topic and always has something of substance to say", but maybe you meant something different (basically, I was disappointed that my ego wasn't being stroked in a more specific way [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ).
Old 05-29-2003, 06:10 PM   #558
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Phantom: I prefer general compliments. People going on and on about all the ways I'm wonderful, well, that just makes me blush. I'm very 'umble...

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2003, 03:10 AM   #559
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
If I had 25 cents for everytime I heard that, I wouldn't need to work this summer.
I'm just counting me blesses that he did the opposite.

Ransom: Ehm Helka, I'm having trouble thinking up a good character, could you make one for me. No background is not important.

Helka: Just use Anuion. I don't mind.

Suilad,

Anuion
Old 05-30-2003, 01:30 PM   #560
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Niluial, don't worry your pretty head, I figured it was a compliment, but I was just wondering what the exact compliment was. I interpreted it to mean "the phantom never jumps in off topic and always has something of substance to say", but maybe you meant something different (basically, I was disappointed that my ego wasn't being stroked in a more specific way ).
I'll keep that in mind for next time [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]...
Closed Thread