User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2005, 12:24 PM   #281
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
1000 Orcs is far too many for our little band of Dwarves and Elves. We would be massacred!
Quote:
I'd agree that 1000 is too many; 100-200 sounds like a better number. We're supposed to lose this battle, after all.
Quote:
But, like the others said, 1000 is a bit much for us few dwarves and troop of elves...
Yeah, I somehow thought so... I had it in my head that there were more Elves and Dwarves, and that maybe only one orkish company would actually be participating in the attack, but upon further reflection that doesn't make much sense. Maybe I shouldn't try to write after midnight... my thoughts all get jumbled up. I'll go make a couple of minor changes.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:33 PM   #282
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Okay, so I've lessened the number to 200 orcs (no worries for you good guys anymore), and therefore changed the number of lieutenants to two, making companies of 100 each. I made up for the sudden drop in size by saying that the rest of the regiment is coming in installments behind us.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:23 PM   #283
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Has anyone heard anything from Esgallhugwen? I've PMed her, but have yet to receive a response. I do hope she returns...
Old 07-29-2005, 01:48 PM   #284
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
According to her profile, her last activity was yesterday at 10:47PM. So, she is around...
Old 07-29-2005, 01:52 PM   #285
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
I do hope she posts soon. . . Aman has already moved Ost-in-Edhil into the evening and I want Cainenyo to get his errand done soon. Maybe I should just post Cainenyo going to Celebdur, the smith he intended to visit, not Feaglin, as I was planning.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:04 PM   #286
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
You can always post a Save and we can see if we can sort things out. It's up to you. Sorry things aren't exactly simple right now. I'm sure they'll work out... If we don't hear from Esgallhugwen, taking over her character might be an option.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:40 PM   #287
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Since she has not posted to the RPG thread since it opened, here's a moderator's decision about Fëaglin, Esgallhugwen's character:

If you wish to use Fëaglin please do so. Esgallhugwen's character will be a carry along character for use by the other Elves of Ost-in-Edhil as needed for now.

Please do not slow down the game on her part. If and when she is able to return she will need to accomodate how her character has been used.

A 'SAVE' won't work - they really should be filled in 24 hours - and I will remove them from the game in 48 hours.

~*~ Piosenniel, Game Moderator

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is going to be gone from the game for a while - please do post a notice on the Discussion Thread and say about how long you'll be gone and how you want your character handled.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:52 PM   #288
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Alrighty... Alcarillo, move forward with your character however you choose. If you'd like any help in getting him more into the storyline somehow, I'd be glad to.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #289
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alrighty, I got my post up to the end of the day. If anything is wrong with it, please let me know. I don't know how Moria is layed out and how the streets run or how to describe anything under ground. And that anything also included grammar, or sentence structure. I am not very sure if this last post is passable.

-Folwren
Old 07-29-2005, 07:51 PM   #290
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

I think I'll post Cainenyo finishing his errand (possibly taking over Esgal's character), and catching up to the evening. That should solve any problems.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:15 AM   #291
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Reminders for posting to the RPG:
  • ~*~ Please don't use icons or smileys on your game posts -- save them for the Discussion Thread.

• ~*~ Please don't put a 'reason for editing' comment on the RPG for why you edited your post. If it was something you need to draw attention to, then post about it on the Discusion Thread.

Thanks!

~*~Pio
Old 07-30-2005, 08:32 AM   #292
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

My SAVE is filled.

Boromir88

I've left it open where Orin and his gathered companions will meet Riv and his group with the supplies.

But once we do meet up, can you move us on to that night, further east down the main road to the east gate.

Skald and Bror will already be gone on before us, so we won't catch up to them until the following day game-time, I think.

Sound ok?

~*~ Pio
Old 07-30-2005, 09:32 AM   #293
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

I've made it to the evening. Aman, Durelin, now would be a good time for Maegisil or Narisiel to bump into Cainenyo and his son if you care to do so.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:38 AM   #294
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

It's fine with me Pio, I'll fill in my save later today.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:29 PM   #295
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

A reminder that I am going away tomorrow (31st July) and will not be back until 7th July. Sorry...

Happy gaming in my absence
Old 07-30-2005, 03:26 PM   #296
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Aman, I do believe you mean August 7th... unless you mean you won't be back for another year?

Oh, and a question: will the Lorien elves be beginning their march soon?
Old 07-30-2005, 03:51 PM   #297
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Arestevana and Seth Cotton

By the middle of next week, real time, can you have the Elves of Lorien entering the Nanduhirion Valley & nearing the southern edge of the Mirrormere. The Dwarves will meet you there.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 07-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #298
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
...And so I filled my save.

Envinyatar
- Just so you know; I'll be gone from Monday to perhaps Thursday. If you want to continue please do so without being afraid to use my character.

I'll catch up when I come back hopefully.

So far it looks great, and it is indeed and enjoyable read.

Cheers,
Oro
Old 07-31-2005, 05:23 PM   #299
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Pio, I filled in my save. I got us up to about 3, and the dwarves are fully stuffed .

I was unsure of a few things, like the timeframe you had in mind, your companions, and certain locations, so I made do with what I thought. If there's any problems I can fix them.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:02 AM   #300
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Just a reminder:
  • ~*~ Please don't use icons or smileys on your game posts -- save them for the Discussion Thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 08-01-2005, 02:15 AM   #301
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Boro

Can you make a small change in your last post - in this sentence near the end:

Quote:
"Good," said Riv. "Glad you have you fellows. Mine should be waiting for us to come get them."
Riv was already up very early (see post #47) and has gotten his companions to come back with him to help load up the food and any other supplies.

They are:

Afi, Brand, and Dari Glitterfist - three brothers. Also coming with them are two of the young apprentices to the Glitterfists - Egil Deepdigger and Odi Ironforge.

Riv and these other 5 were waiting for Uncle Orin and his fellows.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 08-01-2005, 02:38 AM   #302
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Just thought I’d put this all together for us Dwarves so we know who’s who and with whom:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skald:

Bildr & Bisi Grimsteel
Fastor & Grimsi Brassbeard
Manni, Vetr, & Taf Hardhammer

-----

Bror:

Fundin, Fori, & Tori Ironfoot
+ 2 other Dwarves

-----

Orin:

Fawrin, Gram, Regil, and Mar

-----

Riv:

Afi, Brand, & Dari Glitterfist
Egil Deepdigger
Odi Ironforge

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we’ve got a good sized group of 23 Dwarves who’ll be heading to the East gate.

I'll have my SAVE filled later today.

-- Arry
Old 08-01-2005, 08:25 AM   #303
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I guess I should give my other two dwarves names sometime, shouldn't I? I'll have to think about that...

-Folwren
Old 08-01-2005, 08:41 AM   #304
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Just a notice...

I'll be away and unable to post for most of Tuesday and Wednesday.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:48 AM   #305
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

[Warning: dumb question alert]

Kath, I'm not sure who was supposed to be saying the last line in your post - Grimkul, I think? Tell me if I'm wrong...
Old 08-01-2005, 11:56 AM   #306
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Folwren

It's easier to refer to those 2 anonymous Dwarves in your posts if you give them at least first names.

--------

Enca

How about we try to start the skirmish on Thursday? Will that work for you?

~*~ Pio
Old 08-01-2005, 02:18 PM   #307
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Thursday I will be unable to put up a post. As I have a 10 hr drive round trip that I must make. I have a meeting in Cincy that I need to get to at 4, and should not be returning until I'm saying early next morning (1 am?). You can start the skirmish on Thursday, but I won't be able to post until Friday at the earliest.

Edit: Pio, I will make the change very soon.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #308
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Folwren

I've brought us to within 10 miles of the eastern gate - it is late afternoon gametime. The group is going to stop and spend the night at the quarters of one of the Hardhammer's uncles.

If you wish, you can get us through the night and then onto the Eastern gates (which are most likely closed and guards posted within. Since Tolkien never describes what they look like in their glory - feel free to talk about the great cavern that lies before them (yeah, I just made that up! ). It must be wonderfully wrought as are the inside of the great doors.

Have fun!

-----

Pio and Boromir88

I've left it open for you to meet up with us at some time in the morning (gametime) at the East gates.

-- Arry
Old 08-01-2005, 02:44 PM   #309
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Boro

About Thursday -

We'll take the battle slowly - so there should be plenty of time for you to post. We'll gently carry Uncle Orin and his companions with us while you're gone.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-01-2005, 02:53 PM   #310
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Thank you, Pio, and I did make the changes concerning your companions. Here are the adjustments...

Quote:
When Orin and his companions had walked in Riv and five other dwarves were still busily getting things together.
Quote:
"Good, glad to have you lads." said Riv. "This is Afi, Brand, and Dari. Plus their apprentices Egil and Odi."

"Ahh, Afi, Brand, and Dari, huh? I know your father well. Glad to have you."
Old 08-01-2005, 03:01 PM   #311
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Thanks, Boro!

Drive carefully! (spoken like a mother, eh? )

~*~

Arestevana and Seth Cotton

It's Monday here where I am, real-time. In a couple of days, say Wednesday real-time, can you have the Elves of Lorien entering the Nanduhirion Valley & come to the southern edge of the Mirrormere.

The Dwarves will meet you there.

Once we've gotten together, then the Orcs can attack.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 08-01-2005, 03:51 PM   #312
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Whoops! Aplogies Firefoot it was indeed supposed to be Grimkul. I'll pop that in.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:22 PM   #313
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

So we will be attacking the Elves and Dwarves once they've met? Earlier in the thread, there had been a comment about whether it would be this or if the Orcs attacked the Elves, then the Dwarves rushed out to their aid. We (Encai, Kath, and myself) had done some PM'ing before we posted; I think we tended to favor the latter. I could go either way, but I just want to make sure I know what we're doing.

Kath - okay, that's what I thought. I'll have a post up shortly.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:43 PM   #314
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Think I'd better let you all know, I'm going to be gone from Saturday, August 6th to Sunday, August 14...I might, just might be able to get on and catch up Sunday evening, but I have no idea when we're returning home. Probably won't be able to get a post up until the 15th.

I will be able to write and do stuff until then, however.

During that time, you other dwarves (Arry, Pio, and Boromir) will be able to use my character as a carry along...I'll warrant that Arry will be doing most with him, but things may change by then.

-----------------------------------------

Arry, I'll take your offer and take the dwarves to the gates, I guess. I'll get that post up later tonight, probably. I really like your post.

-Folwren
Old 08-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #315
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio
How about we try to start the skirmish on Thursday? Will that work for you?
That will work perfectly.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:15 AM   #316
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
So we will be attacking the Elves and Dwarves once they've met? Earlier in the thread, there had been a comment about whether it would be this or if the Orcs attacked the Elves, then the Dwarves rushed out to their aid. We (Encai, Kath, and myself) had done some PM'ing before we posted; I think we tended to favor the latter. I could go either way, but I just want to make sure I know what we're doing.
------------------

How about this:

The southern end of the Mirrormere is about 5 miles south of the Eastern Gate.

Why don't the Orcs attack the Elves just as they are reaching the southern end of the Mirrormere?

We Dwarves, can be hurrying south down the path along the lake's western edge to meet the Elves and guide them up to the gate when we see them being set upon.

Will this be alright?

~*~ Pio
Old 08-02-2005, 05:53 AM   #317
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

That's fine with me.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:30 AM   #318
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Yes, I'm alive. Regretfully. I'll be making a post later to day after work. Thank you for carrying my character along Alcarillo. I am sorry Durelin for worrying you, I will not dissapoint you or any one else in this RP again. To that I swear.

Alcarillo's post has given me an idea...

Last edited by Esgallhugwen; 08-02-2005 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:50 AM   #319
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Esgallhugwen - I feel like hugging you right now. So glad you're back! And I look forward to that idea of yours.

Elves of Eregion - I suppose it is now evening in the game...we kinda rushed through this day, but...I'd feel evil making Aman and Alcarillo adjust their posts completely.

Alcarillo - I'm finding that it's close to impossible for Maegisil to run into Cainenyo at this point. I'll have to save that for later, if that's alright.

Dwarves & Elves of Lorien & Orcs - I'm excited about your upcoming battle! Wonderful, wonderful plans...

I'll have my save filled later today if it kills me.

-Durelin
Old 08-02-2005, 09:08 AM   #320
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, I've just filled in my save. I'm so sorry it took me until now. Yesterday night was I simply exhausted...busy day with the horses.

Once again, I'm not truly satisfied with this post. If there is anything that can obviously be changed, please let me know. I am not possitive that the level they are on is the Second Level....if anyone knows otherwise, please tell me and I'll change it. I'll tell you now, if you think that the writing was really bad, I'll agree because I'm obviously horrible at explaining underground places and the whole things is very awkward. But you all can be the judge of that.

Sorry for holding all you dwarves up.

-Folwren