The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-13-2002, 11:13 AM   #1
The Silver-shod Muse
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Silver-shod Muse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe The sound of Helm's Deep

I found this on another site and thought it was interesting:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> "Around a month and a half ago, (I can't remember when exactly) during a New Zealand one-day Cricket Test at Wellington's (Peter Jackson's home city) WestPac Trust Stadium, during half time a man strolled into the middle of the field with a microphone.<P>"This man was Peter Jackson. He announced to the excited crowd of around 12,000 people, that for his next film, The Two Towers, there is a scene that needs a hell of a lot of noise and has a hell of a lot of orcs and soldiers.<P>"By now, the crowd had guessed what was going on, and he quickly told them that he needed low whispering noises from them, and his crew would record it for post-production work. The effect of everyone whispering was scarily evil and scary, and blew everyone away.<P>"He also asked if every single person could get up and stomp their feet in perfect time, whilst slapping their chests to a rhythm. Not only was everyone stomping, but the tight closure of the Stadium walls made the noise echo and effectively double the volume and reverb of the noise. The noise created guarantees that The Two Towers is going to blow The Fellowship of the Ring away." <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>How 'bout that? I always wondered how directors got that immensity of sound during battles and crowded scenes.
"'You," he said, "tell her all. What good came to you? Do you rejoice that Maleldil became a man? Tell her of your joys, and of what profit you had when you made Maleldil and death acquainted.'" -Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis
The Silver-shod Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 05:16 PM   #2
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Omg. That is so cool. What site did you get that from? Wow. Wouldn't that be cool to do.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 12:38 AM   #3
The Silver-shod Muse
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Silver-shod Muse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Ummm... I'll have to look that one up.<P>I don't remember, but I think it was theonering.net.
"'You," he said, "tell her all. What good came to you? Do you rejoice that Maleldil became a man? Tell her of your joys, and of what profit you had when you made Maleldil and death acquainted.'" -Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis
The Silver-shod Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 12:48 AM   #4
MYyyPreciousSS
Wight

MYyyPreciousSS has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MYyyPreciousSS
Sting

Wow, thats so cool. <BR>I think the Helm's Deep scene is going to be really good. Must have been a bit hard to get everyone to stomp in perfect timing..<p>[ August 14, 2002: Message edited by: MYyyPreciousSS ]

"My Preciousss" - the line that started the obsession.
MYyyPreciousSS is offline   Reply With Quote