Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2003, 09:31 PM   #321
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Hey, Gromfelt's little friend Bifin can give it to her. That would be sweet. Anyway, I just spend good homework time rereading the whole RPG, and I was blown away, again! You guys are great and I hope we can RP in the future.
I bow to all of you,
Arvedui III
Old 04-20-2003, 01:35 AM   #322
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

I dont think this fits in with the other death scenes....but I think you will find a place for it.

The Enemy was getting less and less now but so were the defenders. Just a few were left standing. He searched around for the other but they were not standing. A few more came but now everything was earily silent. And then the horns came.

"The Gondorians are here!" he heard an elfs voice cry out. His heart leaped for joy, they had won the mountian and now all was safe. He searched the carnage for his companions and found them dead strewn across the floor. The elves left and went out side and he was the only one there. Then he heard a voice cry out.

"Belegond!" he looked to the top of the stairs, it was Yanithe. She ran down to him but before she could get to him a half dead uruk thatlaid on the floor pulled her down. Belegond saw it but could not stop it. She cried ot for help but before she knew it a knife was being held to her throat. The uruk snarled at him and kissed Yanithes head. Belegond was filled with rage and tried to fire an arrow but his left arm he could use no longer. She was struggling hard but it seemed as though this uruk still wanted to kill no matter what. Belegond ran to the two and the uruk drew his sword closer to her neck.

The Belegond picked up a dagger from the floor and aimed it a the uruk. It hit him in the centre of the forehead and he roared out loud. Belegond then smiled at Yanithe and walked back to his bow. But he never reached it.

"No" screamed Yanithe as the uruk with one last dying breath plunged his sword into Belegonds back. At first he did not know what was happening but then he placed his hands on his stomach and felt the blood and blade. The uruk fell behind him and so Belegond fell against the wall. He could feel life rushing away from him. He could hear a soft voice.

"Belegond, please open your eyes, Belegond!" he opened them and Yanithe beside him. Tears filled her eyes.

"I...I am sorry..."

"What for?" she asked tears streaming down her face.

"For.." he could taste blood in his mouth and it was getting hard to speak "....for not being here now, not being able to be with you, I have caused you another great pain.."

"No, no you havn't..."

Belegond reached into his pocket and pulled out her brooch then pointed at his chain.

"here", he said giving the horse to her, "and give this to Kili..."

She lent forward and embraced him and he did so back.

"I love you" she wispered. " And I would give my all, my life if we could have just one more day..."

"I..l..love you so much,....I..I Love.." he said. And with that his last dying breath he passed away. He could see his mother and father and he was now at peace.

Taa Daa!!! Frodess probably needs to add something after this post. I have already PMed her. And in true mod style Frodess please check your PM's.

[ April 20, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 04-20-2003, 09:07 AM   #323
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I have been a Silent Lurker, reading this story daily, waiting patiently (or not so!)for each new development.

What a very fine Game you all have crafted! Kudos to each of you for the fine job of writing!! Amazing teamwork!!!

And Himaran, excellent job as the Game master!

Am looking forward to see all of you in future RPG's.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ~~ Pio ~~ [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2003, 11:48 AM   #324
Dain Ironfoot
Haunting Spirit

Dain Ironfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thank you, Madame Moderator, for your kind words.

Bali---Dain salutes you. This was great fun. Look forward to playing with you all again.

[ April 20, 2003: Message edited by: Dain Ironfoot ]
Old 04-20-2003, 01:27 PM   #325
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Himaran or Pio- Did you delete one of my posts? It was one near the cave troll, after Maikafanawens.

~Burzdol~
Old 04-20-2003, 02:32 PM   #326
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I would like to do my thankyou's now incase I wake up in the morning, and its all closed down *sniff* and plus Im waiting for the 300th episode of the Simpsons to come on on Sky so might as well do something constructive.

Frodess You were a great person to RP with and Yanithe was an amazing character. Belegond will miss her alot [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Looking forward to see what happens in the Escape of Nurn.

astarielle You posted well and your character was a true elf! Thankyou.

Earendil Halfelven It was good to have another Ranger about, shame we both died though. Arlome and Einen were both valient characters.

Dain Ironfoot I enjoyed your posts and you played a good dwarf. I especially liked your loyalty to the company.

Carlas Durin was an interesting character, and a good one. I guess I will see you in The Quest for the Ainerg!

Arvedui III Gromfelt was great, sad to see him die though he was a brave dwarf!

Burzdol I loved your character, him and Ani Dao made a good pair.

maikafanawen What can I say? I think you are an amazing writer, you really are. Ani Dao really came to life for me and I am glad that we will still be RPing together.

Kili Andy, if it wasn't for me you would not be in this game, but I glad you were. It was nice to know someone. Kili was good, funny and I am really suprised he didn't get drunk....

and last but not least....

Himaran If it wasn't for you this game would have never got started (or finished. I swear it was going so slowly at one point!) But you persivered with it. You were a strong leader, both in yourself and with Bali. Thankyou.

I'd like to thankyou all, as this was my first RPG at the Downs and it was a most memorable one. I would love to RP with you all again and I hope we do.

Now the Simpsons is on so goodbye.....for tonight.....
Old 04-20-2003, 03:39 PM   #327
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hullo. I would like to thank each of you for one of the best RP experiences ever. I'm so sad that it's over. . .I really feel like I was there! So, here's my final post, for I know not where to put it. Here it is:

Arlómë and Einen were dead. So was Gromfelt, her first friend of the journey. She still remembered seeing him wearing the hat.

And he was gone. Belegond, the one she loved but barely knew, was dead. But it was not like the loss of the past. She knew that when she would think of him, she would smile, for he was now at peace.

I will see him again.

Yanithë gave Killi Belegond's chain, as he had asked.

"I never knew you well, but a friend of Belegond's is a friend of mine. As such, I feel I am in your debt." Yanithë also gave him most of her share of jewels. When she had finished, a small dwarf by the name of Bifin approached her.

"He wanted you to have it," he explained as he gave her Gromfelt's hat. She bowed to him respectfully, and put the hat on her own head. Her brooch she held tightly.

Three days had passed. She needed the time to recooperate. She knew her severed hand would make things difficult, but she would find a way to work around it.

Finally, it was time to leave. She found Bali outside, and spoke to him.

"Sire, I thank you for allowing me to be part of your company, and for everything. I must leave now. I'm going home. If ever you need me again, send word to Rohan, and there I shall be. Farewell!" With this, Yanithë mounted her steed and turned to the west, beginning the long journey which lay ahead of her.

I'm going home.
Old 04-20-2003, 03:58 PM   #328
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Well, the people that have not yet put down ending posts are Maikafanawen, Carlas, Astarielle, and Kili.

I'm going to go ahead and make the last post; put your "last posts" in the discussion thread and I will edit them in for us.

Arien; Thank you, that was touching.

Himaran

[ April 20, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 04-20-2003, 07:49 PM   #329
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Earendil Halfelven has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi everyone!

I would also like to extend my thanks to everybody. This was an awesome RPG. I'm glad that it was my first one to be in. Hopefully, I'll see everyone in future RPG's. I'm going to see if I can get into one, and maybe resurrect Arlome. See y'all(yes, I'm from Texas) later.

Kenny
(Thats my real name [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 04-20-2003, 09:38 PM   #330
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Alright, Himaran, here's my final post. *tears* This was my first RPG and it was so much fun. I had the best time ever!!! *sniff* Okay, anyways:

Ani Dao burst into tears anew and threw her arms around Burzdol’s neck, kissing him all over. When she pulled away, Burzdol looked at her comically and asked,

“Does that mean yes?” Ani Dao nodded and pulled him close again, kissing him slower. Burzdol slid the ring on her finger. Wow, thought Ani Dao, of all the things to happen on this expedition, this was least expected.

“Where to now?” asked Ani Dao, examining her new ring.

“Easy,” said Burzdol taking her hand. “Mirkwood. We go home. There we can get married, and then we’ll decide what to do. Do whatever you please. We could travel again, or, just stay put for a while.” Ani Dao smiled.

“Fine, I’ll get packed.” Burzdol cupped her face in his hands and looked into her deep blue eyes.

“I love you.” Smiling ecstatically to herself, Ani Dao was given back her knife and returned to her room. The assassin stuffed her belongings into a leather bag as quickly as she could, then slung it over her shoulder. Waiting for her at the bottom of the stairway was her future husband. The thought beguiled her. She was thrilled. When she had come on this trip she was Ani Dao, rebellious maverick she-elf assassin of Mirkwood. Now she was completely transformed. And I belong, she thought incredulously. Taking Burzdol’s arm they made their way to the stables, where Bali had given them a pair of horses for their ride back to Mirkwood.

“Thank you, but I think one will do just fine,” said Burzdol, taking the reins of a beautiful white steed. He climbed on, and Ani Dao mounted behind her. “Shall we?”

Off into the sunset rode the elves, the oranges, reds, and yellows pointing the way towards a new life: a life of happiness, of love, and of peace. The horse’s strides were steady and sure. When they reached the top of a hill that looked over the forest of Mirkwood, and when one looked back could see the proud mountain of Erebor, Burzdol stopped the horse and dismounted. Ani Dao looked at him confused.

“Something wrong?” Burzdol shook his head and extended his arm, gesturing for her to get down. In one graceful leap, she stood beside him. He pointed into the sunset.

“Let’s not go home, just yet,” he draped an arm around her shoulders and she sighed.

“What more do you want to do? We’ve seen the Shire, stayed in Bree and Rivendell, been attacked by bandits, climbed Charadras, walked through Mirkwood, and fought successfully against an army of fifteen thousand Uruks alongside dwarves,” she counted off each event on her fingers. Burzdol took the remaining three in his hand and kissed them.

“Yes, but, we haven’t watched one…romantic…sunset,” said Burzdol. The two shared another kiss as the firey orb sank behind the golden treetops of Mirkwood.

~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, wasn't that beautiful? (if I do say so myself [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). Well, farewell my good companions! It's been swell! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I am definitely looking forward to MORE RPGS with 'you guys' (I'm from washington DC originally, but now I'm getting used to saying ya'll). Namarie!

-Maikafanawen (my real name's Kelly, haha, very similar to Kenny [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
Old 04-20-2003, 09:43 PM   #331
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Burzdol - see your PM's. I did not delete any posts from this game.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:08 AM   #332
Kili
Pile O'Bones

Kili has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Final Post

Kili sat in his quaters, he had packed everything and was ready to make his way to Ithilien to bury Belegonds ashes near his father. That is what he had always to Kili. But Kili had never expected him to die so young, and their friendship although a long one seemed to short. Then he heard a knock on his door. And Yanithe entered.

"Belegond bade me give you this." she handed the chain to him.

"Thankyou my lady," Kili placed it around his neck. As Yanithe was about to leave he said "Yanithe wait. Belegonds ashes will be buried in the woods of Ithilien you can come there any time you want."

She smiled at Kili, "Thankyou, maybe one day I will, but for now I return home.." and with that and a quick farewell she left.

Kili collected his belongings and made his way down to the hall were he met Bali and the rest of the company.

"Goodbye all, you have all become dear friends to me and I am sad to leave but I must put my best friend to rest." he nodded at the silver jar he clasped between his hands.

"Well then goodluck," said Bali embracing him.

"Thankyou, and farewell."

Kili made his way out of the mountain and smelt the fresh air. First he would go to Rohan where Duelen would be. She would be truely upset to learn of Belegonds death, and then he would ride her to Ithilien.

"Ahh Erebor saved, but at a cost..." he sighed and walked of down the cobbled road to Rohan.

There we go, and thanks to everybody. This was really enjoyable!
"'Kili at your service!'said the one. 'And Fili!' added the other; and they both swept off their blue hoods and bowed. 'At yours and your family's' replied Bilbo, remembering his manners this time. 'Dwalin and Balin here already, I see' said Kili. 'Let us join the throng!'"
Old 04-21-2003, 06:39 AM   #333
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Eye

sorry guys been away for the weekend. I did PM Himaran but my computer wouldnt let me post in the discussion thread.

Give me a while and ill post a last post but i seem to have missed a lot so ill have to read it all.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:59 AM   #334
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Okay, after Astarielle's post we're all set!

And now, a tribute to my fellow gamers:

I may have kept the game moving at times, but without all of you posting it never would have existed. I loved the way you all made your characters bounce of one another and react to each other. All of your last posts were truly touching. You are excellent writers, with a bright future ahead in Barrow-Downs rpging.

I know that for many of you, including myself, that this was their first Rpg game to have played in. I think that you all did a marvelous job, despite that it was your first go. I am sure that we all have good memories from this short two-month period; I know I do.

I look forward to playing with you in other games.

I bow to you,

Himaran
Old 04-21-2003, 10:56 AM   #335
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Erebor crew,

Once again, my hats are off to you. I think this is the one and only game in the history of the Shire to finish a day or two early!

(I still want to know where that rascal Kaldon is!)

Cami, Shire Mod
Old 04-21-2003, 03:01 PM   #336
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

I think Kaldon will be in...........The Road to Erebor Part II! Or maybe it will be the Road FROM Erebor, if you get my meaning. Oh well, this was fun. Now I shall go and eat another plate of potato salad and make up a new character. Too bad Arlome died, but it was still cool to write a death scene, in a freaky way. See y'all somewhere in the Downs. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

If you think about it, Kelly is almost like Kenny. Hmmm... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2003, 03:06 PM   #337
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

I have a question, which I forgot to ask. How do I go and rate other members? I'd like to do that for everyone because I think we all deserve it.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:20 PM   #338
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
This has been great! It was my first RPG and I will never forget it! You guys were all fun to RP with, and I hope to be seeing you soon in other RPGs!

Now here's my thanks to everyone!

Earendil- I loved reading your posts and am glad to have met you! PS-->The 'Member Rated:[whatever it is] is a link [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Himaran- Great RPG! You were an amazing owner!

Arvedui- Be seeing you soon [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Dain- You were fun to have as a father, and Im happy you lived [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Maika- Your such a great writer! You've got talent kid!

Astarielle- You were great, and had some really captivating posts!

Eruantalon- Though you had to leave, I still think of you as part of the company!

Burzdol- You were awsome! Who better for Ani Dao? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Kili- Great character and great writing! Too bad he didn't get drunk! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Arien- I loved Belegond! I was crying at the end [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Frodess- Lovely writing! I loved reading about Yanithe!
Old 04-21-2003, 08:45 PM   #339
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Beautiful post Ani.....sniff.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2003, 05:15 AM   #340
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Eye

Sorry for the wait, It look like i missed loads. Nevermind here is my leaving post as required.

Astarielle sat gazing over the battlefield. Her eyes wondering over the strewn bodies of the Uruks, not lingering on the scene of death, to Mirkwood her true home. Astarielle was undecided about where to go or what to do. Her heart told her to go back to Mirkwood and find solace under the eaves of the wood but something inside her forbade her. She stood, her hands leaning on the cold scarred battlements. She did not belong here nor there. As the sun's last glittering rays fell behind the hill, Astarielle knew that her time her had also set.

Swiftly climbing down, Astarielle entered the mountain for the last time. Torches were lit along the corridor, giving off a muted glow. Most of the company had already left but Astarielle went to find Bali.

"You my friend have changed my view on Dwarves and your craft forever. Thankyou, I will never forget the troubles and hardship we faced together."

Astarielle had never felt so sincere in her entire life, but somehow it pleasded her. Her heart warmed. She didn't wait for Bali to reply but left swiftly and silently to the stables. She mounted her horse and galloped to the front of the gate. Holding her sword high, Talhandir reared up, before plunging off into the night, in a final salute. She did not know where she was headed but always in heart there was a special place for all the the company, those that lived and those that fell, forever.

hope that was ok. This was a brilliant RPG. I really think we should do a sequel. Loved playing with you all

Astarielle
Old 04-22-2003, 06:38 AM   #341
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Well, Piosenniel, the game is done. You may lock it and move it to Elvenhome whenever you feel like it, I guess. I am proud to see it go down in the history of the Barrow-Downs, as a successful mission.

Once again, thank you all for your great playing, I was proud to lead you all.

Adios!

Himaran
Old 04-22-2003, 10:08 AM   #342
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

A sequal would be excellent shame Belegond wouldn't be in it *sniff*. Thanks all. And also to the Mods Child and Pio for watching over us like angels ( what makes you think I am sucking up?) [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2003, 11:12 AM   #343
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

I will leave the Discussion thread open for another day, in case anyone has any further things they would like to say. It will then be deleted.

Once again, this has been an excellently played and run game. (And it can now be enjoyed forever in Elvenhome!)

I hope to see all of you bringing your gaming expertise to other games in the Shire!
Old 04-22-2003, 09:05 PM   #344
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

A final note:

Although I doubt that there will be a sequal to the Road to Erebor, I am planning an Rpg that will feature Kaldon once more. And perhaps his doom...

Surviving members of Bali's company are welcomed to join!!

Himaran