The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #161
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Boro is up to something. Good? Evil? Meh.
Come on now, saying I'm up to something is like saying my jaw drops and I become speechless around shiny red hair.

You might not be cramped for time but you're better than this watered down, non-committing Inzil version you've been giving for nearing 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Nerwen: I was wary of the jump as well, but, well, I'll be frank. I rather suspect both of you.
To be honest, I suspect you and Kath more than Nerwen or G55.

Kath explained her vote Day 1 ok enough, but her posts after have been full of misunderstanding people it seems:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I disagree with Boro about the cross-posting for Pitch. If all three cross-posted then to each person there was only one vote for Pitch for them at that time. They would have each been the first to vote. So how can their timing have been suspicious? There was no bandwagon until the cross-posting dust cleared.
Inzil said the time of Bom's vote made him the worst of the Pitch voters. And I said, the time didn't matter. Bom looked suspicious for apparently backing off Pitch, while still leaving the door open to vote for him later.

Quote:
Boro for imagining a Pitch bandwagon and making a bigger deal out of it than there needs to be.
Coincedental cross-voting aside, there was still 4 straight votes for Pitch. So, how did I imagine a bandwagon?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #162
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Coincedental cross-voting aside, there was still 4 straight votes for Pitch. So, how did I imagine a bandwagon?
I cn see both sides. It depends on what you consider to be a bandwagon - just a clear trend to vote a certain person, or people jumping onto the trend. Did I understand this right?

++NERWEN

I probably will not be back for the rest of the Day, so I'm voting now, just in case. Good luck, village.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #163
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I cn see both sides. It depends on what you consider to be a bandwagon - just a clear trend to vote a certain person, or people jumping onto the trend. Did I understand this right?
Guess there's a difference. But in the case of jumping onto a trend, even though Bom's vote came last, you could say he started the trend too.

Vote count...

Kitanna ---> Bom
Greenie ---> Nerwen
Kath ---> Inzil
Legate ---> G55
G55 ---> Nerwen (2)
Old 11-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #164
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Random remark: Laeko looks good after the last post. Believe innocent.
What I've seen toDay does look all right, but I'm not ready to say "innocent'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
You might not be cramped for time but you're better than this watered down, non-committing Inzil version you've been giving for nearing 2 days.
It just that I'm riddled with ADHD, you s....hey, look! A dog with a curly tail!

Really, though. The interplay between G55 and Nerwen is reminiscent of Pitch and Bom yesterDay. I'd like to vote Bom, but it doesn't look like there'll be much support.

x/d with Boro
Old 11-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #165
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Really. What exactly did I say that led you to jump from "kinda curious" to "99% sure I'm going to vote her"?
12 hours of meditation led me to it... (aka between my first post and the time I have been able to start posting again) Also the fact that Bom (my #2 suspect from yesterDay) did not show up toDay.
So it *wasn't* anything I said toDay at all. Even though you claimed it was, earlier. Well, well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Quote:
Are you sure it wasn't Greenie and Kit's reactions?
Quite sure, though you won't believe me anyways.
No, probably not– given the thing I just quoted.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
I know it's the norm for me to suspect innocents regardless of my own role, but does that mean that now I can't suspect you just because I missed the mark with Pitch and other people in previous games?
Quote:
Aha. So you know I'm innocent?
I think the whole point of suspecting someone is to think them to be guilty - until proven right or wrong by the mod.
No, I thought you'd let slip that you know perfectly well I'm not a wolf. I see now that's not what you meant. Still a dubious-looking passage, I think– looks to me like you're already preparing your defence for toMorrow in the event that you manage to lynch me toDay. ("Ooops! Poor Nerwen– but, you know, it's just little me, I do that kind of thing...")

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
I don't shine, I glow. It's up to you to decide what the glow is, though: the phial, Minas Morgul, or perhaps the Elessar. Though no Silmarils.
Okay... that just raised the stakes. I can't interpret this as anything but a claim that you have a special role of *some* kind.

Quote:
Kath explained her vote Day 1 ok enough, but her posts after have been full of misunderstanding people it seems:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I disagree with Boro about the cross-posting for Pitch. If all three cross-posted then to each person there was only one vote for Pitch for them at that time. They would have each been the first to vote. So how can their timing have been suspicious? There was no bandwagon until the cross-posting dust cleared.
Inzil said the time of Bom's vote made him the worst of the Pitch voters. And I said, the time didn't matter. Bom looked suspicious for apparently backing off Pitch, while still leaving the door open to vote for him later.
Quote:
Quote:
Boro for imagining a Pitch bandwagon and making a bigger deal out of it than there needs to be.
I think this is a semantical quibble on the definition of "bandwaggon". She's saying it's not a waggon unless everyone votes in succession, and knowing about the previous votes. So technically this wasn't a bandwaggon, more of a "sudden group pounce". It was still peculiar, though, whatever you decide to call it.

EDIT:X'd since Boro at #161.

Last edited by Nerwen; 11-04-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #166
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
=
Really, though. The interplay between G55 and Nerwen is reminiscent of Pitch and Bom yesterDay. I'd like to vote Bom, but it doesn't look like there'll be much support.
I really don't like voting for someone who hasn't been around to answer or give a defense.

But of Nerwen, G55, or Bom, based on his actions and vote yesterday, Bom looks more suspicious and I'd rather vote him. Although, I'd prefer most to vote for sally or Kath. I wouldn't feel comfortable if I was forced to make a decision between G55 and Nerwen today.

Edit: crossed with Nerwen
Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #167
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
But of Nerwen, G55, or Bom, based on his actions and vote yesterday, Bom looks more suspicious and I'd rather vote him. Although, I'd prefer most to vote for sally or Kath. I wouldn't feel comfortable if I was forced to make a decision between G55 and Nerwen today.
Let it be noted that G55 has already been caught in a direct lie– see my previous post.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #168
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Between Nerwen and Galadriel, I must choose....

++Galwolfriel

I'd stay around, but I'm simply too tired. Sorry, kids.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #169
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I really don't like voting for someone who hasn't been around to answer or give a defense.
Yeah, yeah. Well, I guess he'll have to make an appearance toMorrow.

Quote:
I believe I could go for G55 based on what Nerwen's said, as well as the fact that she was involved in the Pitch-wagon yesterDay (along with, coincidentally, I'm sure, Bom ). It's hard for me to believe no wolves were involved with that.

x/d with Sally
Old 11-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #170
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
I believe I could go for G55 based on what Nerwen's said, as well as the fact that she was involved in the Pitch-wagon yesterDay (along with, coincidentally, I'm sure, Bom ). It's hard for me to believe no wolves were involved with that.
...says the person who was involved in the Pitch-waggon...
Old 11-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #171
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
...says the person who was involved in the Pitch-waggon...
Of course I was. And I'm the only one I can trust. I'm inclined to think Kit looks relatively innocent at the moment, though.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #172
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Let it be noted that G55 has already been caught in a direct lie– see my previous post.
And I sucked it up to do a quick re-read of G55's post, there's been a few things I've overlooked

Quote:
:/ *sigh* *bedtime* See y'all toMorrow, unless you lynch me *glares at villagers* or kill me *glares at wolves*.
Granted bandwagons can form out of nowhere, but that came after she saw the 3 votes for Pitch. And yesterday, aside from Pitch (who had already voted for her), I don't recall many supsicious reactions towards her.

And then today with just the making jokes about being a wolf. I don't get the point of doing that, and more often then not it's what always made me suspicious of Fea.

But, this would mean I have to trust you now Nerwen. Frankly, I've never been able to figure you out, and at some point in the past I gave up trying. I'm going through your posts next to figure out if I can and this isn't some aggressive strike back at someone who's been all over the place today.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #173
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

And to be accurate, I started the Pitch-wagon.

x/d with Boro
Old 11-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #174
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
But, this would mean I have to trust you now Nerwen. Frankly, I've never been able to figure you out, and at some point in the past I gave up trying. I'm going through your posts next to figure out if I can and this isn't some aggressive strike back at someone who's been all over the place today.
Oh, it's certainly not easy to trust Nerwen. I just think she looks better at this point than G55.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #175
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
And to be accurate, I started the Pitch-wagon.
Uhh...is it me or just the tiredness, but that isn't something I'd feel proud about?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #176
Laeko_Randalis
Pile O'Bones

Laeko_Randalis has just left Hobbiton.
Hmm, whom to logically choose...

Kitana is out, she seems to dislike me too much for her to be a werewolf.
Legate seems entirely legit, as well.
Boromir seems to be one of the brightest minds in the game, and while I find it hard to trust anyone whose logic is too intelligent for me to follow, my gut nevertheless tells me he's good to go.
I haven't myself noticed anything about Kath that makes me suspect them.
Same goes for Greenie.
Inziladun gets points for pointing out they started the Pitchwagon.
I'm keeping a close eye on Sally, though it seems as though I'm not the only one with suspicions.
And finally, I'm not going to vote for Bom because he hasn't been around to defend himself today.

Having read the discussion, that leaves Nerwen and Galadriel. What strikes me as both hilarious and confusing simultaneously is that the two seem to have engaged in quite the argument. Now, that could potentially mean that a) neither of them is is a wolf but they suspect each other, b) one of them is and is trying to make the other one look it so as to avoid attracting attention herself, or c) both of them are and one of the werewolves is getting betrayed. c) is illogical because it's far too early in the game. This is why I decided to wait further.

++Galadriel
Laeko_Randalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #177
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well guess what - I am back.

Quote:
Let it be noted that G55 has already been caught in a direct lie
Sez Nerwen who is eager to get me out of the way. Ain't that some overblowing?

Quote:
No, I thought you'd let slip that you know perfectly well I'm not a wolf. I see now that's not what you meant. Still a dubious-looking passage, I think– looks to me like you're already preparing your defence for toMorrow in the event that you manage to lynch me toDay. ("Ooops! Poor Nerwen– but, you know, it's just little me, I do that kind of thing...")
Let's see what you say toMorrow in the event that I am lynched.

And speaking of that - toDay might be a heavy blow for the villagers - by their own hands! (well, mostly, with only three pairs guiding it in the "right" direction) - with azura almost sealing his/her fate by now on top of everything else.

Edit: xed since 173
Old 11-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #178
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Uhh...is it me or just the tiredness, but that isn't something I'd feel proud about?
Not pride, just fact.

I can't leave it any longer.

++G55

x/d with G55 herself
Old 11-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #179
Azura
Newly Deceased

Azura has just left Hobbiton.
I vote ++Sallybecause of her earlier posts(all I could think of...and will probably get yelled at for doing somthing here wrong...I hate being a newbie)
Azura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #180
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laeko_Randalis View Post
c) both of them are and one of the werewolves is getting betrayed. c) is illogical because it's far too early in the game. This is why I decided to wait further.
Although I know for sure this is not true (as does Nerwen, regardless of role ), I'd warn you against hasty decisions about wolf-on-wolf attacks. In my first ever game as a wolf one of my companions was fenrissed shouting her head off that I'm the wolf. The result was that I survived an extra few Days. Well, the "ewbie protection" also helped, but I still got votes starting from Day 1. So w-on-w could be done pretty early in the game as well.

And now think: would I be saying this if I was a wolf?

Edit: xed since my last post
Old 11-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #181
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Mmmn. Well, I'll be having a good look at you, Zil, if I'm still alive toMorrow. I meant to toDay, but this business with G55 got in the way.

Anyway, I'll vote her shortly, I guess– though I'd like some opinions on her funny little gifted-hint, as I take it to be.

EDIT:X'd since Zil at #174.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #182
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

And the current matter aside. I would like to add Laeko, glad you've come in to be a refreshing new mind. Sometimes when you get all of us together with mutually long WWing experiences, we go charging with blinders and set in our own specific way. New players, who bring in a fresher perspective. Nice. (You know though, once you have a reputation it's hard to shake off? )
Old 11-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #183
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Anyway, I'll vote her shortly, I guess
But why hesitate when you are so convinced that I'm a wolf?

Edit: xed with Boro
Old 11-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #184
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azura View Post
I vote ++Sally because of her earlier posts(all I could think of...and will probably get yelled at for doing somthing here wrong...I hate being a newbie)
Nope. Voting good. If you hadn't shown up and gotten mod-fired, they may have been some yelling. Well, I wouldn't look too kindly on it, unless there was some unavoidable emergency. But you arrived, voted. Not going to get yelled at for that.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #185
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
And now think: would I be saying this if I was a wolf?
Er... you know that's the classic wolf line, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
But why hesitate when you are so convinced that I'm a wolf?
I'm not "convinced". I merely find it highly likely. Naturally I still hesitate– the small numbers make it very important to lynch right toDay.

EDIT:X'd with Boro.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #186
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Anyway, I'll vote her shortly, I guess– though I'd like some opinions on her funny little gifted-hint, as I take it to be.
Well if it was a gifted hint, I would think if G55 was a wolf she would have already come out with a stronger fake reveal than a warning about the village being harmed by their own doing.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #187
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I meant to toDay, but this business with G55 got in the way.
My, someone sounds annoyed!

To be honest with you I'm in a really good mood right now.

Quote:
And then today with just the making jokes about being a wolf. I don't get the point of doing that, and more often then not it's what always made me suspicious of Fea.
It's quite fun. (especially imagining Greenie's face when she reads it... )

Edit: xed with Nerwen and Boro
Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #188
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Quote:
Well if it was a gifted hint, I would think if G55 was a wolf she would have already come out with a stronger fake reveal than a warning about the village being harmed by their own doing.
Yes, that's what's bothering me– the fact that she *seemed* to be preparing for a reveal, and then hasn't done it, even now. (She can't be the Seer, though, at least not from my point of view.)

EDIT:X'd with G55.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #189
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Er... you know that's the classic wolf line, right?
Didn't I already tell everyone on numerous occasions that I am one? (*imagines Boro's face* *giggles*)

Quote:
I'm not "convinced". I merely find it highly likely. Naturally I still hesitate– the small numbers make it very important to lynch right toDay.
Right. That will be your excuse toMorrow, won't it? The statistics indeed make it very important for the wolves to keep the lynches away from their fellows.

Edit: xed with Nerwen
Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #190
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Yes, that's what's bothering me– the fact that she *seemed* to be preparing for a reveal, and then hasn't done it, even now. (She can't be the Seer, though, at least not from my point of view.)
Unless if now she realizes there would be no point to any reveal since.

G55 (4)
Nerwen (2)

With you and me left to vote. Anyone else?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #191
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Didn't I already tell everyone on numerous occasions that I am one? (*imagines Boro's face* *giggles*)
Imagine my concussion after banging it off the wall repeatedly, because I've wasted the last hour on trying to figure out this carnival act. I sure hope you're a wolf, because you won't do any good being a martyr, but as you will.

++Galadriel55
Old 11-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #192
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Sure. What he said.

Quote:
Ahh, you almost make me regret this whole big back-and-forth.

Edit: xed with Boro... I told you, I'm having fun. And remember your own advice not to break your brains over it...

Edit2: *lurves being the center of attention*

Last edited by Galadriel55; 11-04-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #193
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Is this a confession?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Right. That will be your excuse toMorrow, won't it? The statistics indeed make it very important for the wolves to keep the lynches away from their fellows.
No more than usual, in fact less. (I thought you were a Maths whiz?) And should you happen to turn out innocent– which is seeming less and less likely– my excuse would of course be that I thought you were probably a wolf, from your conduct. Which I do.

Quote:

G55 (4)
Nerwen (2)

With you and me left to vote. Anyone else?
No, I think that's the lot. And you make a good point. Still, you'd think that having set things up for a reveal, a Wolf55 might have a go at it. But then, if she were a real gifted, she would surely have revealed by now too.

EDIT:X'd since Boro at #190.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #194
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Imagine my concussion after banging it off the wall repeatedly, because I've wasted the last hour on trying to figure out this carnival act. I sure hope you're a wolf, because you won't do any good being a martyr, but as you will.
I'm really sorry to do this to you.... I told you I'm just having fun! Everyone's yelling that they're innocent; someone has to yell about being wolf. Well, I sure had fun in the last few minutes!

Countdown begins.

Edit: xed with Nerwen
Old 11-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #195
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyway–

++Galadriel55.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #196
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I'm really sorry to do this to you.... I told you I'm just having fun! Everyone's yelling that they're innocent; someone has to yell about being wolf. Well, I sure had fun in the last few minutes!

Countdown begins.
No worries. I'm sure I've caused many concussions and people theorizing about suffocating me with a pillow before too.

Edit:

...but nearing 1am. Totally getting grumpy.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #197
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
And should you happen to turn out innocent– which is seeming less and less likely– my excuse would of course be that I thought you were probably a wolf, from your conduct. Which I do.
No surprise.

Quote:
Still, you'd think that having set things up for a reveal, a Wolf55 might have a go at it. But then, if she were a real gifted, she would surely have revealed by now too.
Oh fine..... Now if you go back and read my posts (especially toDay's, before we started arguing) you'd actually be able to figure out the outcome of the Day... If you pay attention to the right details... Though you don't really have time for that. I wrote it clearly, green on black. Just find it.

Edit: xed with Nerwen and Boro
Old 11-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #198
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
No worries. I'm sure I've caused many concussions and people theorizing about suffocating me with a pillow before too.
A pillow? Only a pillow?

Well, you've done it, Nerwen.

Now you can go search for the clues.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #199
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A cake of lembas for anyone who finds the information first! (and mind you no cheating, don't look at the narration before you find it or you're disqualified)
Old 11-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #200
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

This time is actually worth dying so early and staying up really late... I haven't laughed this much about WW for... well, since the Revels of the Reveals in Lottie's game.

Good luck with my riddle for whoever wants to solve it, and good luck to the whole village. I hope I didn't make it too messy for you.