User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2003, 04:00 PM   #161
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, Merisu, why are you running away? Everyone thought you liked your Orcs to be "butch".

OK, so Gravlox can't throw arrows, and the slaying was kind of "once-removed" (kind of like a Disney movie), but the poor guy's trying!
Old 02-19-2003, 04:19 PM   #162
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Vogonwë can throw arrows. *le smirk* [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Though, I must admit, even Pimpi would have been impressed by Gromeorx's skill at the not-killing technique.

Sources of plagiarism in latest post:

The Worst Poetry in the Galaxy (With thanks to Squatter for the link).

Green and Gray

[ February 19, 2003: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]
Old 02-20-2003, 07:21 AM   #163
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

To all members of the Fellow/galship:
Please regroup at the camp - Pimpi and Chrys are already there, Kuru, O Lando and Merisu are heading there. We need to discover that Halfie is missing and go to his rescue.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 02-20-2003, 11:56 AM   #164
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Just hamming around in my latest. Let it be savoured tongue in cheek.

There might be a bit of a confusion with consistency. In my previous post, I had left Vogonwë falling into the arms of the fangirls. He did not attend the meeting with PeeJay13 and Kuruharan.

Kuruharan, I haven't included your character in this post. Do let me know if you wish me to.

Bethberry
Old 02-20-2003, 02:48 PM   #165
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

I'm sorry, I am very stupid. I've fixed it.

I'm also sorry that my party-subplot became so long. I had been hoping to set Vogonwë back to camp in my next post, but I rambled on so much that he didn't even get to talk to Geppettuil yet. So I was going to have that in my next post and set him off at the end, and have him arrive back in the one after that.

But I can shorten it so that he's back in camp by my next post.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:55 PM   #166
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Bethberry-

I'm not sure, maybe. I may not be able to get back to the story for another week or so.

[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: Kuruharan ]
Old 02-21-2003, 02:11 PM   #167
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Sting

Quote:
As to the spider, lucky thing that he met one of the females, huh?!
Better to be born lucky than rich, Esty. And Earnur's no Croesus.

I am literally just about to disappear onto the RPG to catch up properly and post. I hope it turns out well, as Mr. Underhill is testing the experimental Tolkien Travest-o-meter(TM) on this next one. This could be the beginning of a new era in Tolkien debate and role-play.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:40 PM   #168
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Right. As promised, Earnur is back at the clearing, reunited with his unimpressed mount. He now has some "exotic" herbs with him, so there's plenty of scope for the wrong thing finding its way into the casserole with hilarious results.

Unfortunately I can no longer get into the forum from work, so I can only post at evenings and over the weekend. Bear with me while I con them into thinking this is work. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

S
Old 02-23-2003, 01:58 PM   #169
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Question

I will be VERY impressed if anyone can tell me where I shamelessly stole most of the material for my latest post.

(Small hint: It is from a genuine journal that recorded somebody's experiences along the American frontier.)

The dates on the entries are according to the Dwarven calendar, which non-Khazad cannot understand (I think).
Old 02-23-2003, 07:54 PM   #170
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Roughing It? Actually I have no idea, and I suppose Twain would have been more loquacious
Old 02-23-2003, 09:52 PM   #171
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

An excellent guess! Alas, I fear that it is indeed incorrect. Your judgment of the writing styles is keen.

The gentleman in question passed through a number of years earlier. He was also a mariner and has a flower named after him.

(I suspect that I may have just given the answer away.)
Old 02-24-2003, 02:26 AM   #172
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

My last post owes a bit of inspiration to a little-known 'Scottish play' by an obscure, out-dated author. Don't even try to guess...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 02-24-2003, 08:25 AM   #173
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Ah, Kuruharan, I fear I must fail you, despite my gardening lore. My knowledge of American explorers is paltry indeed. However, if you care to swap, I can tell you about Champlain, d'Iberville, the exploits of the NorthWest Company, Tête Jaune, and Alexander MacKenzie. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

My post with O Lando leading the Itship hot on the heels of the kidnappers will be up later today. Sorry for the delay--a cold and laryngitis is not conducive to writing.

Bethberry
Old 02-24-2003, 09:21 AM   #174
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Ponce de Leon? Was the dandelion named after Ponce De Leon?

OK, I got nothing.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:03 PM   #175
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Champlain, d'Iberville,...Tête Jaune
You are getting closer.

Quote:
the exploits of the NorthWest Company
Wrong side of the continent.

Quote:
Alexander MacKenzie
While I must admit that this gentleman's cross-continent travels are most impressive, I fear that the man in question sailed round the world rather than hiked across the continent.

Quote:
despite my gardening lore
It is quite likely that you know the flower that I have in mind. You probably just don't know where the name came from.

Quote:
dandelion...de Leon
Ummmm...could be. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Alas, he's not the one either.

[ February 24, 2003: Message edited by: Kuruharan ]
Old 02-24-2003, 11:31 PM   #176
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Flower named after him, eh? Well, the only person I can think of for that is William Forsyth.

Cue the Tchaikovsky music, I've filled in my Save. Love, romance, alcohol and flies. It's not an "extremely short" post like I said. I admit it! They always turn out longer, but I suppose if you dont count the supefluous words it would be closer to my prediction.

And Birdie, pecking out the eyes is my favorite part. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2003, 10:08 AM   #177
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Wonderful, enjoyable posts again, everyone! The Itship now stands before the fortress of Gol Dulldor, the battle can begin. Will those who want to post (part of) this second-to-last scene of the First Part of our story please let me know, either here or by PM/email? I would definitely like to wrap the story within the next two, maximally three weeks.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:41 AM   #178
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I will post.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:16 AM   #179
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I have finally caught up with reading this lenghty novel and should post very soon. Orogarn Two shall awaken from his stupor!
Old 02-26-2003, 11:47 AM   #180
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I have yet to fill in Halfie's 'save' and then have two further posts. More if required.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:15 AM   #181
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

Nice post, Wight. I have filled in the save. My friends, I have some small requests. Although Halfullion has boldly made his escape, the others do not know this. Dramatic irony, you see. Please do not notice him [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

He has some part to play in the ensuing battle, as well, so please do not end the vicious warfare until Halfie has posted again. Thank you!
Old 02-27-2003, 11:09 AM   #182
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Oh B-W, that was gross! But I can be grosser. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyone recognize the famous movie quote in my last post?
Old 02-27-2003, 01:54 PM   #183
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Six Pun-Wraiths with glazed eyes stood over adding machines tallying up the fines resulting from Rimbaud's last post. Sweat dripped from their brows as the ribbons of paper piled up on the floor...

As for Birdland and BW, ewwwwwwww!
Old 02-27-2003, 02:29 PM   #184
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

I must say, that was some of the most eloquent and witty gross-out humor I've ever read. Orogarn Two returns in style! And any twelve-year-old boys that may be reading say, "Alright, Birdie!" [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, right, and would that be Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, by any chance?

[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]
Old 02-28-2003, 12:48 AM   #185
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Ding! We have a winner. And the grand prize is...dinner with the Crebains!

Now if we could only remember who the explorer was with the flower name, we'd be ready for "Jeopardy".
Old 03-01-2003, 10:43 AM   #186
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

I have tagged a post onto the end of Squatter's last (there are some perks to being an admin) regarding the tactics being employed by the Orcs.

Heroes and heroines, Gravlox needs his head to remain on his shoulders for a bit longer. Please keep this in mind as the battle proceeds. Thank you.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:59 PM   #187
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

The battle continues; anyone wishing to write a fighting post, please do so by Monday (or PM me to let me know). The climactic scene at Gol Dulldor will be on Tuesday, then we will move on to the finish of Part One. Enjoying all of your posts, as always!
Old 03-01-2003, 06:55 PM   #188
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

What flair in passing, Rim. I just had to write a poem about it. That is, I've filled in my save.
Old 03-01-2003, 11:37 PM   #189
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

*As the assembled readers stand in stunned, weeping silence, the Barrow flags are lowered to half-mast for the half-elf.*
Old 03-02-2003, 07:40 AM   #190
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

*Estelyn dries her eyes and, remembering that this is "Regular Characters Who Die Suddenly and Unexpectedly" Month, walks slowly to the graves of Maude Flanders and Tasha Yar, pausing briefly in memory.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:45 AM   #191
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Can we put him in a boat and push him off a waterfall, now?
Old 03-02-2003, 08:53 AM   #192
Spectre of Decay

Sting

I see no reason why not. Some sort of clever parody of the Lament of the Winds would appear to be in order, but shouldn't we finish off those Orcs first, or would that be too boring?
Old 03-02-2003, 09:42 AM   #193
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

*coughs* See my save. *coughs*

I was there first, folks. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2003, 11:29 AM   #194
Spectre of Decay

Sting

Duly noted. As you can see, I went for the "Kill huge numbers of Orcs in a frenzy of self-glorification" option in my latest. That'll teach these blasted Orcs.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:50 AM   #195
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Esty will be doing the funeral and the Wind Song parody.

Please allow me a short post after the funeral to do a conversion/salvation scene for Gravy. Gravy and O Lando will then ride off into the sunset for Hairdressing Haven.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:24 AM   #196
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Thumbs up

That Lament for Halfullion was pure hilaroius genius.

Hail Esty! We, who are about to post, salute you.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:33 AM   #197
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Way to go, Diamond! That's the way to handle the critics.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:07 PM   #198
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Any more action planned for the Battle of Gol Dulldor? If not, I'll be concluding it on Tuesday.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:46 AM   #199
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

A voice, encamped in ephemeral femininity caresses the Discussion thread: Thank you all for your noble words and deeds, honouring my passing from the crop-circles of the world. When the world needs me again, I shall return..." His voice cuts off with a sickening gurgle as a time-vague French-accented voice, rich with failed chivalry said, "Get 'im, Joyeux! For Arthur!"
Old 03-04-2003, 04:48 PM   #200
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

We have won the Battle of Gol Dulldor and escaped the ensuing chaos by means of our personal deus ex machina, Chrysophylax. We are now moving southwards by way of the River. Anyone who wishes to post is welcome to go for it!

(PS - Do I hear someone say, why would we need a deus ex machina when we already did all the work ourselves?? Precisely! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]