The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-12-2003, 08:40 PM   #1
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe A Custom Piece of Fan Art

Hello, all! I searched for a topic like this to place my link on, but I was unable to find a topic that wasn't closed that would serve. I intend this topic mainly for Barrowdowners to not only tell me what you think of the art link I am posting, but also to post a link to your favorite fan art (NOT professional illustrators, but amateur works that you consider to be of merit). Or just express your wish to see a certain scene illustrated!

Some time ago, I asked a friend of mine who does a lot of creature art to illustrate a scene from the Silmarillion-- the fight between Finrod Felagund and the werewolf in the dungeons of Morgoth. I was only able to provide a brief description, and she had never read any of Tolkien's works, but the resulting piece of art is still quite nice! (I told her that it was a fight between the fairest Elf in Middle Earth and a great werewolf in a dungeon. Finrod has a sword and shield, but don't hold it against him!) She also says she inadvertently made Finrod look like a character called "Link," and I'm not sure who that is, but I'm sure someone here does! Here is the link (I've hosted the pic on my webspace--it is about 110K). Let me know what you think, and she says she takes requests and will attempt to draw a scene if you describe it to her! PM me if you have any requests! Her artist name is Nova and she does a lot of creature type art. I'll pass them on!

Finrod and the Werewolf

Also feel free to post links to other favorite pieces of fan art (don't post the images here, unless they're hosted on your own webspace--see the BW's thread in the Barrowdowns forum about posting images. )

Cheers and Enjoy!
Lyta

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:42 PM December 12, 2003: Message edited by: Lyta_Underhill ]
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 08:49 PM   #2
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I believe that Link is from the popular video game Zelda. I have heard the name mentioned before in these fora.

That is quite a nice illustration. My personal favorite fan illustration comes from the Barrow Downs's Reader Art section:

Smaug by Jurious
Old 12-13-2003, 01:14 AM   #3
Gashberz
Haunting Spirit

Gashberz has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gashberz
Sting

That is a really cool pic of smaug! I like it!
-Cheers!
Old 12-13-2003, 01:43 AM   #4
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I love all the fan art that is on the internet. I especially love seeing the art that was done before the films, because it is nice to see artists own interpritaitons of the charaters before most of ours images of them were effected by the films.

I just was looking at some last weekend, I will try to find it and post a link, but here are some of my favorites from here at the Barrow-Downs...

Legolas by Daniella Brals

I like this one just because after I had seen the film this image of Legolas seems so different, but I can understand where someone would get this interpretation. So that is why I think it is cool.

Eowyn
I just think this one is really nice. This is what I think of when I think of Eowyn.

I'll be back [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2003, 07:49 AM   #5
Thorongil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Thorongil
Sting

Link is from Zelda. He has a sword and shield, he has long ears and he wears a green tunic.