The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2003, 02:59 PM   #41
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cool, I didn't know that. I did know he was one of the nine men to receive rings in the prologue of FoTR.<P>H.C.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:22 PM   #42
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

really... I didn't know <I>that</I><P>I'll have to look at the prologue really quick... <P>*runs to television and puts in extended edition dvd*<P>Iarwain
Old 02-01-2003, 04:47 PM   #43
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Iarwain - John Howe is on the Right and Alan Lee is on the Left. Both are second from the rear.
Tar-Palantir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 05:00 PM   #44
Iarwain

Sting

Cool, I saw them. Its sort of hard to make out their faces, but you can tell that its them! Thanks guys!
Old 04-11-2003, 03:31 PM   #45
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

For those that want to look for PJ in his other films.<P>The Frighteners: Michael J. Fox runs into a kind of punkish man with a cloaked death figure T-shirt.<P>Heavenly Creatures: After leaving a film, Kate Winslet kisses a tramp.<P>H.C.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:35 PM   #46
Iarwain

Boots

It's funny the kinds of extras he casts himself as... <P>Iarwain
Old 04-11-2003, 04:22 PM   #47
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

The second time I watched The Two Towers, I did see Peter Jackson throwing the rock or spear or whatever it was... after I noticed PJ, my brother whispers rather loudly in my ear, "It's Peter Jackson!" Then I reply, "Hehe, I know."
Old 04-11-2003, 04:48 PM   #48
Yavanna Kementari
Haunting Spirit

Yavanna Kementari has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think that PJ using his kids in the Shire and in Rohan is very endearing. I can see how he used them to depict the love of peace and happiness in the Shire that was brought to the screen and how using them in the Helms Deep scene would help him to create a more realistic threat of losing your family. <P> I got a very real scense of danger from that scene, so real it brough tears to my eyes. Maybe it's just me but as a parent there are things that can be relayed better when you put yourself and the ones you love in those situations.<P> And if your dad was the director of LotR wouldn't you want to say when you grew up "Ya thats me the little hobbit there on the right," or "I was in LotR!"<P> If I was the director you bet I'd use my kids if I could. And as a parent, you wouldn't believe how much your kids change in three years! You probably wouldn't even know it was PJ's kids if you hadn't read it some where. (Thats okay we are all sickly obsessed) Viggo's little boy is so cute!<BR> <BR>HCIsland I like the whats up doc!! LOL<BR>Elentari Greenleaf I love ypur Avatar!!!<BR>This is a Cool thread!<BR>P.S. Stephen King always makes unimportant cameos in his movies. I think it's cool to see them in thier own movies!!! I would want to be in my own movie too! Just to say, "I wa in that movie," and " Why yes, I am an acting director!"
Old 04-11-2003, 06:02 PM   #49
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> For those that want to look for PJ in his other films. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He does have rather a Hitchcockian tendency to appear in all his films, doesn't he. <P>One of his first films was the wonderfully bad and tasteless <I>Bad Taste</I>, in which he took a leading role. He gets hit on the head or something and his brains start falling out, so he spends the rest of the film trying to hold them in. <P>He also appears (as one of the monkey hunters) in the equally tasteless (but far superior) <I>Braindead</I>.<P>Both are well worth a watch (as long as you have a strong stomach) to see the beginnings of one who has become a major player in the film world.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:04 AM   #50
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

I've been hunting for these films but have yet to find them. The town I live in is pretty small unfortunately.<P>H.C.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:05 AM   #51
Lucinda
Animated Skeleton

Lucinda has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

The hobbit children were PJ's kids?! All of them? there were about six. And the little girl looks just like my three year old cousin...
Old 08-28-2003, 06:58 PM   #52
Novlamothien
Haunting Spirit

Novlamothien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Not all the kids, just two, a girl and a boy. I would show pics but I have no clue as to where to find them. <BR> I had no idea so many people had cameos in the movies. I suppose it is time to pull my trusty dvd's out and have a look.<P> Namarie
Old 11-21-2003, 06:00 AM   #53
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I have a postscript to add to this thread - I just watched the TTT EE with the director/authors' commentary track turned on, and found out that Peter Jackson did indeed have only one cameo appearance in TTT - as the Rohirrim on the tower of Helm's Deep. He didn't have time when the Wild Men were being filmed, so he was not in the scene which some had thought to be another cameo.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:12 PM   #54
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Okay than what's up with the picture, his evil twin? <P>I was like the only person in my family to notice PJ in his camio in the FOTR.<p>[ November 23, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 11-22-2003, 09:10 AM   #55
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

It just might be Peter Jackson's evil twin!!!! <P><BR>Either Henry (Mortensen) lost a LOT of weight, or the camera did some serious retouching in that scene, because in the FotR EE, when I saw pictures of him of a couple of years ago, he was a lot chubbier. Unless, of course,they put him in a fat-suit or something, because he looked like he was wearing a Hobbit-costume.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote