The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-10-2005, 12:38 PM   #281
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Let's see here...

As I've said before, Gil-Galad is on my suspect list. He's been very quiet and voted for Saucepan yesterDay. One thing that really strikes me as odd is that he is quite loud in his defense of himself, though his vote really has not generated nearly as much suspicion as that of others who voted for innocents, and these others haven't been as loud as Gil has in their defense. Yet I can excuse him for now. I'll most likely vote for Kath or Shelob today, probably Kath as she seems to recently be having trouble explaining why she doesn't trust me.

My list of suspects will be coming soon.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:49 PM   #282
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Today's been very confusing for me, I must say. I'm glad more people are talking, but I've been working (and working hard at that) all day and it's been hard to keep up. There have been a lot of accusation. Cailin has said a lot, that's great, and a few others have said a considerable amoun.

Wayne, please express why you think the people you listed are guilty.

Durelin and Wilwarin, why do you suspect me?

And, everybody, I've noticed that a lot of people are suspecting Kath. I had a lot of doubt of her two days ago, and some yesterday, but even less today. The more I think about the matter, the more I think it would be a very, very dangerous and an extremely bad thing to get her lynched. A very bad thing.

My suspects...none right now for certain. I have a lot of thinking to do before I make a list and explain why.

-- Folwren
Old 09-10-2005, 01:14 PM   #283
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
i had Kitanna and saucey as my suspects, nobody else did and when i voted for them, nobody else did
So Gil you voted for different people, I apologise I was going from memory. So why does that statement make me really suspicious of you? It's weird, I'm thinking, oh so he knew who two innocents were, that means he must be a wolf. Which is a bit of a silly thing to think but then, why? You could be a wolf with this inside knowledge.

Oh and Menel I am still absolutely sure why I think you are suspicious, for the exact same reasons I did two days ago. You will be my vote again today I should think unless I have a sudden revelation about you being inncocent - unlikely.

My suspect list at the moment is going:
Menel
Gil
Folwren

They are the most suspicious to me at the moment but I am waiting to hear from Holby and Durelin before I decide whether they need to go in there anywhere.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:41 PM   #284
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I'm slightly annoyed we have not heard from Shelob yet, since she is so high on my suspect list right now.

Hmm more posts to analyze. First of all, Gil's brain seems a bit muddled. He accuses me (I'm a she, by the way) of bringing focus to Folwren, while I think I had far more to say about Kath, Shelob, Wayne and some others. It's all very suspicious.

Folwren - I more or less agree about lynching Kath. Though I still have doubts about her, it's not worth the risk today. She is one of the most helpful people around now and I don't want this village to become more silent than it already is.

Wilwa is slowly growing more and more suspicious in my mind. Somehow, her first post today triggered something, though I am not sure what it is yet.

If Wayne is a wolf, he's likely to kill himself in his confusion. He may live for now.

Right now, I'm leaning towards voting Shelob or Gil, whose votes have been so random they can't be random. Though Kath and Holby are still lingering somewhere in my mind in the shapes of snarly, hairy things - right now, I feel we might still need them. And they may be innocent.

Kath - sorry for making you read that very, very long post. I'm glad I only had to write it.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:55 PM   #285
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I'm slightly annoyed we have not heard from Shelob yet, since she is so high on my suspect list right now.
*cough*

And I just got back (clearly) a little more time so I can read/type is all I ask.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:21 PM   #286
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Firstly,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
You may want to trust them, because they appear to make sense while you have no idea what's going on. But reasoning seems to be the best mask to hide behind during these perilous days and nights.
Cailín seems to warn us off trusting those who "appear to make sense" because that's a good mask for the wolves to hide behind. Yet today more than any other day Cailín speaks. The past few days she's spoken but as the game has progressed she has seemingly become more and more outspoken, a fact which is strange only because the ammount she speaks seems to be inversely related to the number of 'loud people' remaining.

This boarders on being a direct accusation of Cailín, but think about it. Slowly as the 'loud people' we're all used to listening to and arguing/agreeing with are killed off Cailín slips herself nicely into their old places. Finally when they're all gone she warns us off trusting people who seem to make sense because it's likely they're wolves hiding behind usefull, sensical suggestions while at the same time making sense and useful, sensical suggestions.

And you all trust her.

Only Gil-Galad has suggested that Cailín is suspicious and that was because she said she was "innocent and tried to bring a focus on Folwren", something which (given Folwren's vote for Azaelia yesterday) is not particularly suspicious. True a wolf would likely try to sway us towards a suspicious looking villager, but so would any villager who found that person significantly suspicious looking.

To address Menel (for reasons other than Kath's stated), I still think he's a wolf. Yes, you could argue that if he is a wolf he's behaving in an amazingly risky fashon, and that because he's behaving thusly he's not a werewolf. But I think you're wrong. Never yet has there been enough suspicion on Menel for him to be seriously facing a lynching, if he's a wolf he must have realized this. The next step would be to assume that if you're not really in danger voting as if you were in danger (ie: to save your own skin) would guarantee that the next DAY you did draw a dangerous amount of attention. Villagers though would, in their clear consciousness, not see the need for voting so that their vote didn't look suspicious. For a villager the point is to vote so as to lynch those most likely to be wolves, not to vote so that their voting record looks innocent.

As it is I find both of them to be very suspicious right now. As to whom else could be a wolf, I'm not sure. I have a strong inclination to think that we should be fearing those quiet people like Wayne and Gil who have basically sat back and allowed the villagers to do the wolves work for them, somehow I just feel that only the quiet benefit from killing off the loud--and allowing the remaining talkers to lynch themselves.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:41 PM   #287
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelob
And you all trust her.
I was waiting for someone to bring this up and was slightly surprised it did not happen before. I must say I do contradict myself a little - but really now. While the outspoken ones are killed off one by one, silence seemed to have fallen on our village this morning. There were so few replies when I woke up, so much less than previous days, that I started to worry. This game needs debating or there is no way we can catch the wolves except on sheer luck or voting behavior. If there is no one else around, I will have to speak up. Also, though this might be a weak excuse in some eyes, I am a newbie. During this game I slowly grew more confident and dared to voice my opinions a bit more (and especially in more extended ways).

Anyway - if I were that smart a wolf, I would not have made that first post, but kept to reasoning alone. As I said, I expected to get comments on this. With the first post, I was just trying to make clear that I felt we have been heading in the wrong direction for a couple of days now. That it was time to make a u-turn.

I can't say more than this. I can't actually prove I'm innocent, but I hope you will all believe I'm trying to help here.

--

Gil is drawing a lot of suspicion right now. Subtle, or as a secondary suspect by most. Since 33% of us is now wolfish, I find this similar way of thinking disturbing. I can't stay awake much longer (*yawns*), but I'm still hoping to get some more posts to work with...
Old 09-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #288
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Much as I find it hard to trust Shelob, she does have a point about Cailín. She's probably innocent, but if Shelob somehow doesn't turn out to be a Wolf, I'll find it hard to trust Cailín.

Okay, the list I was going to make:

Primary Suspects: Kath, Shelob
Secondary Suspects: Gil-Galad, Folwren
Don't Know: Holbytlass, Cailín, wilwarin538, Durelin
Probably Innocent: WaynetheGoblin
Definitely Innocent: Nilpaurion Felagund, Meneltarmacil
Old 09-10-2005, 03:14 PM   #289
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'm sure the wolves find it helpful that you all have the same list:

"Primary Suspects: exactly the same as everyone else
Secondary Suspects: the same as everyone else
Don't know: the same as everyone else and the person I coppied this from
Probably innocent: the same as everyone else
Innocent: Nilp and insert my name here"

When it comes time to vote all they have to do is go with the flow and they're invisible. (and yes, I exagerated it a little, the middle three rows do shift between you, just not a whole lot)

For myself I'm keeping Menel and Cailín at the top of my list, though I'm willing to bet that only one of them is really a wolf. I'm really worried about those who rarely speak (Wayne, Gil-Galad and to an extent Durelin), and I don't really know what to think of everyone else.

Finally, as much as I dislike you all having the same list, I will conceed that the line

"Innocent: Nilp and insert my name here"

holds true for me.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #290
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I would love to wait up a little while longer and see where this all ends, but my schedule tomorrow really prevents me. So, I will have to be the first one to vote today.

I am not voting Gil, since so many people seemed to want to bandwagon. Also, I will not be voting for Wilwa right now, though I definitely suspect her too.

I'll stick to my previous thoughts and vote

++SHELOB

even though, if she's innocent, it's likely I'm next.

Edit: cross-posted with Shelob herself.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:46 PM   #291
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Wilwa, I didn't mean to confuse anyone let alone one who thinks I'm innocent, I was just putting down what I was thinking. You won't be disappointed in your confidence of me.

Innocent: Holby Nilp Wilwa Kath(I know what some of you are thinking , and Wayne

that leaves:Cailin Folwren Durelin Shelob and Meneltarmecil

Gil-Galad: obviuosly first for his too quietness. He's susp of Wayne, Bergil, Kittana, Azaelia, Alca, Wilwa, Holby and Glirdan. Votes Kittana 1st day, Alca 2nd day but then out of nowhere he votes SpM 4th day because of his too helpfulness and the wolves kill SpM that night. No, it's not a set-up, it's a bluff because were-Gil would already know the line-up of the wolves strategy of killing off smarties, thereby setting up an aliby of a set-up.

Menel: for his all over the board and his insistance that Kath is guilty. But I agree with him on Shelob so I think he's trying to distance himself.

Duerlin: bceause of her uncharacterisitic quietness

the other three I'm just not sure on.

Last edited by Holbytlass; 09-10-2005 at 03:50 PM. Reason: vote and death for SpM night 4 not 3
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 03:56 PM   #292
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gil-galad has been very quiet he is on the top of my suspect list.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:57 PM   #293
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wayne, you have been very quiet. By your reasoning you would be on everyone's suspect list. Could we have a little more of an explanation please?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:02 PM   #294
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ok gil menel and shelob post the least that is why I suspect them. Im a hunted spirit go me.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:04 PM   #295
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Ok gil menel and shelob post the least that is why I suspect them.
Actually Wayne, Menel and Shelob post quite often. Any other reasons there?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:09 PM   #296
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++Gil-Galad

I gotta go, gotta doo
Old 09-10-2005, 04:22 PM   #297
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Kath your right they do post a lot.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:23 PM   #298
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I think I will vote for my higest suspect ++GIL-GALAD.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #299
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
This is why I am suspicious of you Folwren:
Quote:
Originally posted by Saucy
Folwren:
Unduly anxious about looking suspicious for having voted for Alcarillo, when she had not really been accused. Overly defensive?
Didn’t vote on Day 1 (which I still regard as supicious).
Voted for Alcarillo on Day 2 to put him ahead of Azaelia. But is now strongly accusing Azaelia.
But I did rereaad your posts, and I think I might have exagerated a little. You are now only a secondary suspect for me and Gil has taken your place. Wayne has also moved up on my list, which is now:

Top suspects: Meneltarmacil, Gil-Galad
Secondary suspects: Kath, Folwren, WaynetheGoblin
Don’t knows: Cailín, Durelin, Shelob
Probably not Wolves: Holbytlass
Definitely innocent: Nilpaurion and wilwarin538

I think I wil vote for:

++Gil-Galad

Don't really feel comfortale bandwagoning, but oh well.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:12 PM   #300
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Well, I think I've waited long enough to vote.

++Shelob

I've already explained my reasoning.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #301
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'm caught between Meneltarmacil and Cailín, however given that I've got more arguments against Menel while Cailín has only recently (ie: today) begun to worry me I'll cast my vote for
++MENELTARMACIL

(Edit: Cross posted with Menel)
Old 09-10-2005, 05:23 PM   #302
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

You could all see this coming. The reasons have been explained before so:

++MENELTARMACIL
Old 09-10-2005, 05:27 PM   #303
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This is your five-minute warning. Four of you have not voted, but if you do so now the lynching could really go to anyone.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 05:32 PM   #304
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Despite the fact that Gil-Galad had received but three measly votes, the majority ruled and it was time to find out whether he was really a wolf or not.

"You can't do this! I'll sue you for all you're worth!" he shouted as he was forced onto the gallows.

"That's not much, pal," the villagers said wryly. The tumbleweed from DAY 1 rolled through the derelict town in agreement.

"I'm not a wolf! And since I'm not a wolf, there'll be more deaths! And then I'll sue you all in the afterlife!" he carried on. His bird squawked, proividing accentuation to each exclamation point.

"Lawyers," the villagers muttered. But Gil wouldn't shut up, as lawyers are wont to do. Finally, someone picked up a rock and chucked it at him. The others followed suit, crying "Stone him! Stone him!"

And they did. And much to the chagrin of the villagers (and the delight of the wolves), Gil-Galad was nothing more than an ordinary villager. But he did get his revenge. For as the villagers went back home in the orange light of the setting sun, three of them got a little present from Gil's bird on their shoulder.

Living:

Folwren
Shelob
Holbytlass
Meneltarmacil
WaynetheGoblin
wilwarin538
Durelin
Kath
Cailín
Nilpaurion Felagund

The Deceased:

Encaitare (Moderator) - Stuck full of quills by Wolves on NIGHT 1
Llama (Mammal) - Mauled into oblivion by Black Beorning on NIGHT 1
Bergil (Ordinary Villager) - Crushed under the gallows on DAY 1
SamwiseGamgee (Ordinary Villager) – Killed by Hunter on NIGHT 2
TGWBS (Hunter) – Impaled by Wolves on NIGHT 2
Kitanna (Cobbler) – Given a TV closeup by Black Beorning on NIGHT 2
Alcarillo (Ordinary Villager) - Dismembered by villagers on DAY 2
Mormegil (Shirriff) - Charmed by Black Beorning on NIGHT 3
The Phantom (Seer) - Rendered blind by Wolves on NIGHT 3
Azaelia of Willowbottom (Ordinary Villager) - Lynched by villagers on DAY 3
Glirdan (Bear) - Pincushioned by villagers on DAY 3
The Saucepan Man (Ordinary Villager) – Stuffed into mushrooms by Wolves on NIGHT 4
Gil-Galad (Ordinary Villager) - Stoned to death by villagers on DAY 4

It is now NIGHT 5. Names from the Wolves and the Ranger, an it please ye.

Last edited by Encaitare; 09-10-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #305
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Your Moddess Goddess is feeling oddly numerical toDay...

Nine villagers gathered in the square.

Eight were the number counted by one villager, until he remembered to include himself.

Seven of them were shivering in the chill of the autumn morning, except for the two who had remembered to bring a coat.

Six eyes tried very carefully not to betray a gleam of happiness at last night’s successful killing.

Five noses were running due to the cold.

Four handkerchiefs were all they had between themselves, and no one was willing to share.

Three crows flew overhead.

Two dead leaves, the very last ones, fell from a skeletal tree.

One villager was dead, and his name was Nilpaurion Felagund.

~*~*~*~*~

Half full was the glass of water on Nilp’s table – although most of the villagers perceived it as half empty, and they had every right to do so.

The villagers realized in horror that a full third of their number was lupine.

The Shirriff’s body had been quartered, and the pieces were scattered.

One quarter was nailed to the wall of each corner of the room, and the fifth piece, the head, was in the dead center of the room.

The villagers left the house in a grim silence that enveloped them all.

Living:

Folwren
Shelob
Holbytlass
Meneltarmacil
WaynetheGoblin
wilwarin538
Durelin
Kath
Cailín

The Deceased:

Encaitare (Moderator) - Stuck full of quills by Wolves on NIGHT 1
Llama (Mammal) - Mauled into oblivion by Black Beorning on NIGHT 1
Bergil (Ordinary Villager) - Crushed under the gallows on DAY 1
SamwiseGamgee (Ordinary Villager) – Killed by Hunter on NIGHT 2
TGWBS (Hunter) – Impaled by Wolves on NIGHT 2
Kitanna (Cobbler) – Given a TV closeup by Black Beorning on NIGHT 2
Alcarillo (Ordinary Villager) - Dismembered by villagers on DAY 2
Mormegil (Shirriff) - Charmed by Black Beorning on NIGHT 3
The Phantom (Seer) - Rendered blind by Wolves on NIGHT 3
Azaelia of Willowbottom (Ordinary Villager) - Lynched by villagers on DAY 3
Glirdan (Bear) - Pincushioned by villagers on DAY 3
The Saucepan Man (Ordinary Villager) – Stuffed into mushrooms by Wolves on NIGHT 4
Gil-Galad (Ordinary Villager) - Stoned to death by villagers on DAY 4
Nilpaurion Felagund (Shirriff) – Quartered by Wolves on NIGHT 5

It is now DAY 5. Do your stuff!
Old 09-11-2005, 07:18 PM   #306
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

More innocents dying every day, and we haven't caught a single wolf. The situation is getting really desperate now.

The wolves killed Nilp, which doesn't leave a lot of tracks to follow. However, Gil-Galad was lynched yesterDay, and a wolf may have been among those who voted for him. These would be WaynetheGoblin, Holbytlass, and wilwarin538. I really don't see anything too suspicious here, though I have expressed some doubts as to Holby's innocence before and this adds another reason to doubt her. Wayne I have pretty much taken for granted as an innocent villager just trying to stay alive, though I may be wrong there. As for Wilwa, the voting was quite close, and she happened to be the one who put in the third vote for Gil. She's a little suspicious in my mind, but not as much as others.

Kath and Shelob, once again, have tried to get me lynched, and are still at the very top of my list. Again, one of them will probably receive my vote by the end of the Day.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #307
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Confound it all, ranger, why aren’t you doing your job? Of all the people left in this village, who did you think needed your protection? Who other than Nilp? Well...too late now. *ferocious look around the villager’s faces*

I am down right sorry that I wasn’t here last night. I figured that it was going to be Gil-Galad or myself that was lynched last night. It’s a sorry sight indeed when one finds that his guess is correct. I knew well that Gil-Galad was innocent, and I think that the people who voted for him new it, too. There was at least one wolf who helped hang him, and I think there were two.

My main suspects today are Wayne and Holby. Wayne for his blatant and obvious attacking on Gil for no reason other than his silence, a thing which he himself is quite guilty of, and Holby for her incessant, dumb reasoning for the people who she suspects and who she doesn’t suspect. Gil-Galad has done absolutely nothing this game to deserve a vote from any right minded villager.

There are other reasons but I have absolutely not time to explain.

I have no idea if I will be able to vote again this evening. We are having desperate computer troubles and may not even have a computer tomorrow. I will try my best, however, to not only vote, but also read what people say and say stuff myself.

- Folwren
Old 09-12-2005, 05:12 AM   #308
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Confound it all, ranger, why aren’t you doing your job? Of all the people left in this village, who did you think needed your protection? Who other than Nilp? Well...too late now. *ferocious look around the villager’s faces*
Well the ranger can't protect the same person twice. The ranger probably protected Nilp the first day we knew he was the shirriff and couldn't protect him again. He/she probably tried his/her best, we can't get angry at the only gifted left who can help us.

I have to go to school now but I will come on with my suspicions later.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:57 AM   #309
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Day 1
1. Shelob for the phantom (TP - 1)
2. TGWBS for Alcarillo (TP - 1; Alcarillo -1)
3. Alcarillo for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 1; Bergil - 1)
4. Wilwarin for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 1; Bergil - 2)
5. Wayne for Alcarillo (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2)
6. Kath for Meneltarmacil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1)
7. Gil-Galad for Kitanna (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1)
8. Cailin for Glirdan (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1)
9. Menel for Kath (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 1)
10. Mormegil for Kath (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 2)
11. Holbytlas for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 3; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 2)
12. Glirdan for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 4; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 2)
13. The Saucepan Man for Alcarillo (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 3; Bergil - 4; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 2)
14. Kitanna for Glirdan (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 3; Bergil - 4; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 2; Kath - 2)
15 Azaelia for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 3; Bergil - 5; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 2; Kath - 2)
16. Durelin for The Saucepan Man (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 3; Bergil - 5; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 2; Kath - 2; SpM - 1)

Did not vote:

Bergil
Folwren
Nilpaurion
SamwiseGamgee
The phantom

Day 2
The phantom for Alcarillo (Alcarillo - 1)
Cailin for Alcarillo (Alcarillo - 2)
Mormegil for Azaelia (Alcarillo - 2; Azaelia - 1)
Wilwarin for Azaelia (Alcarillo - 2; Azaelia - 2)
Folwren for Alcarillo (Alcarillo - 3; Azaelia - 2)
Holbytlass for wilwarin (Alcarillo - 3; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1)
SpM for Meneltarmacil (Alcarillo - 3; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1; Menel - 1)
Kath for Meneltarmacil (Alcarillo - 3; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1; Menel - 2)
Gil-Galad for Alcarillo (Alcarillo - 4; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1; Menel - 2)
Glirdan for Alcarillo (Alcarillo - 5; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1; Menel - 2)
Azaelia for Alcarillo (Alcarillo - 6; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1; Menel - 2)
Shelob for Meneltarmacil (Alcarillo - 6; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1; Menel - 3)
Meneltarmacil for Azaelia (Alcarillo - 6; Azaelia - 3; wilwa - 1; Menel - 3)
Durelin for Folwren (Alcarillo - 6; Azaelia - 3; wilwa - 1; Menel - 3; Folwren - 1)

Did not vote:
Alcarillo
Nilpaurion
WaynetheGoblin

Day 3
Nilp for Glirdan (Glirdan-1)
Wilwa for Glirdan (Glirdan-2)
Glirdan for Gil (Glirdan-2, Gil-1)
Kath fir Menel (Glirdan-2, Gil-1, Menel-1)
Cailin for Glirdan (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-1)
SpM for Azaelia (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-1, Azaelia-1)
Shelob for Menel (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaeleia-1)
Menel for Shelob (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaelia-1, Shelob-1)
Durelin for Azaelia (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaelia-2, Shelob-1)
Holby for Azaelia (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaelia-3, Shelob-1)
Gil for SpM (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaelia-3, Shelob-1, SpM-1)
Azaelia for Glirdan (Glirdan-4, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaelia-3, Shelob-1, SpM-1)
Folwren for Azaelia (Glirdan-4, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaelia-3, Shelob-1, SpM-1)

No vote: Wayne

Day 4
Cailin for Shelob (Shelob-1)
Holby for Gil (Shelob-1, Gil-1)
Wayne for Gil (Shelob-1, Gil-2)
Wilwa for Gil (Shelob-1, Gil-3)
Menel for Shelob (Shelob-2, Gil-3)
Shelob for Menel (Shelob-2, Gil-3, Menel-1)
Kath for Menel (Shelob-2, Gil-3, Menel-2)

No vote: Nilp, Gil, Durelin, Folwren
Old 09-12-2005, 09:14 AM   #310
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
No vote: Nilp, Gil, Durelin, Folwren
Oh now that's interesting. Nilp and Gil we know to be innocent but I have been suspicious of Durelin and Folwren for working together. Now I am not so sure. It seems likely that at least one wolf would vote for Gil. Of course, this is based on my assumption that Menel is a wolf. If he would just die so we could see either way it would make things a lot clearer!

Speaking of Menel:
Quote:
Kath and Shelob, once again, have tried to get me lynched, and are still at the very top of my list. Again, one of them will probably receive my vote by the end of the Day.
So, you will be voting for one of us, because we are voting for you. Not particularly helpful to the village, just going after us as some kind of revenge.

Still, the lack of voting from Durelin and Folwren is odd. Argh! I am having such trouble with this, everything everyone does looks suspicious in some way. I have no 'known' innocents in my head except myself, just people I can't get a feel on and those I feel could be guilty.

No idea:
WaynetheGoblin - too confusing at the start and such a sudden change from being loud to being quiet. Missing votes and having no reasons for the votes he does make. It all points to a rookie wolf but I just can't see it.

wilwarin538 - I read her posts and get nothing, I don't suspect her but I can't exonerate her because she is too, almost ambiguous.

Cailín - has steadily become louder but as a first timer (?) this could just be her confidence naturally increasing so again, nothing on her.

Holbytlass - again I can't see her as suspicious, which is exactly why I shoudl suspect her I feel.

Could be guilty:
Folwren
Shelob
Meneltarmacil
Durelin

More when I've had a chance to think.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:51 AM   #311
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilwarin:
Well the ranger can't protect the same person twice. The ranger probably protected Nilp the first day we knew he was the shirriff and couldn't protect him again. He/she probably tried his/her best, we can't get angry at the only gifted left who can help us.
I had no idea she couldn't protect the same person twice. My apologize.

Quote:
By Kath:
Argh! I am having such trouble with this, everything everyone does looks suspicious in some way. I have no 'known' innocents in my head except myself, just people I can't get a feel on and those I feel could be guilty.
Yes, I know how that is. That's who I was yesterday and one reason why I didn't vote the last time I was on. I wanted to think more on it, but by the time I'd thought and when I got back to the computer, I was too rushed to get on (our internet gives us problems and doesn't work quickly at all).

I have nothing more to say until other people talk.

-- Folwren
Old 09-12-2005, 11:14 AM   #312
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
TGWBS was killed last night by the wolves...why? I didn't read all of Day 1's talking because I have little time to do so, so I don't know what all he said. But TGWBS is smart and observant, and if the wolves are smart, too, they'll knock down all the intelligent people.
Stating the wolf-strategy?

Quote:
Could you please explain to me why killing TGWBS would set up Alca?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Because the only trail that TGWBS did leave points towards Alcarillo. You yourself have accused Alcarillo on the basis of TGWBS‘s death. If Alcarillo is innocent, the Wolves would have known that TGWBS‘s death would lead to such accusations against him and make him (rather than a Wolf) a likely candidate for lynching to-Day.
Quote:
I can't say I agree that to kill TGWBS was an attempt to frame Alcarillo, though many others have mentioned this. (And you'll laugh at me when it's made clear that Alcarillo is one of my main suspects because of his death.)
Folwren claims to not understand the set-up to Alca but uses it for his suspicions of Alca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morm
Quote:Originally Posted by Folwren
Looky here, man, if it turns out that they are not in league with one another, and they are both innocent villagers, or, better yet, one or both of them is gifted, you've just possibly given ground for people to suspect you.

They are indeed both very smart, and possibly very dangerous for the side that they oppose...but I have not found anything in either of their posts to be doubtful of. It is possible that one is a wolf or bear, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that both are.

- Folwren

That was a rather vehement defense for somebody other than yourself.
I think Folwren is trying to get on with Morm, to hang with an innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Quote:
Horros, horrors, HORRORS! How can we survive? This is insane! Last night I wast haunted in dreams of Alcarillo swinging in his correct form from the gallows. Our Seer gone...Mormegil gone (poor chap, I liked him). Alcarillo, dead and innocent, proved many of us wrong. And now because of his death, many of us may be suspected for his vote.
If I am killed, I will be one more good person dead and I will be leaving no trails to help you find who the evil are.
As I recall very few people have been suspicious of Folwren so it seems odd for her to give a defence just out of the blue like that.
I agree, Folwren seems over the top when a person he votes for is found to be innocent, wants understanding and then cries 'wolf' whenever anybody else has voted for someone who turns out to be innocent.

Folwren's voting record isn't all that great either!
Day1- no vote (but says he doesn't understand why wolf's would vote for Bergil, now wouldn't that imly those who voted Bergil are not wolves)
Day2-votes Alcarillo (innocent)
Day3-the infamous vote that put 2 people on the block (one innocent, one lucky to be the bear)
Day4- no vote again (again cries 'wolf' to those who voted Gil, when he knew him to be innocent)

Quote:
sorry that I wasn’t here last night. I figured that it was going to be Gil-Galad or myself that was lynched last night. It’s a sorry sight indeed when one finds that his guess is correct. I knew well that Gil-Galad was innocent, and I think that the people who voted for him new it, too. There was at least one wolf who helped hang him, and I think there were two.
Weird that Folwren wasn't here when he thought himself to be lynched. What I think is, since Folwren knew Gil to be innocent, he didn't try to save him by at least voting.

Quote:
s today are Wayne and Holby. Wayne for his blatant and obvious attacking on Gil for no reason other than his silence, a thing which he himself is quite guilty of, and Holby for her incessant, dumb reasoning for the people who she suspects and who she doesn’t suspect.
I do laugh at this, it may be true my reasoning is dumb, but manners dictate that one doesn't say it out loud. Or use a synonym or innuendo, 'unhelpful' unfounded' 'nreasoning'etc...

To sum up why I Folwren is now at the top of my suspect list....
poor voting record
overly defensive
overly offensive (in manners and pointing fingers)
Old 09-12-2005, 11:21 AM   #313
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

First of all I apologize for my lack of posting today. First day at college tends to be a little stressful. I am shocked to find hardly anyone had said anything today yet. We're not giving up yet ^^

Anyway, I voiced my worries last night about Gil's lynching when I noticed how many people 'sort of' felt Gil was suspicious, without emphasizing it too much. I feared the day would end like this. Wolves won't really start a lynch-an-innocent campaign right now, but they were definitely happy to go along with it.

No vote from Folwren again? This is starting to worry me a little. Surely an innocent would not be afraid to cast his or her vote well before the deadline? Folwren is online a lot, actively posting, but still he seems to be unable to make actual decisions. He also has my suspicions up for contradicting himself quite a few times in this game now.

I still mistrust Shelob for reasons I stated before. Because of that I cannot really believe Menel's guilty, though I could be wrong. One of them has to be a wolf at least. I'm boldly willing to vote for either one today. As long as a majority of innocents feel somewhat alike, we might have a chance.

Wilwa I don't really trust either. If you look at her voting behavior - she has voted for known innocents all the time and I found her vote for Gil yesterday particularly suspicious. She said she did not feel comfortable bandwagoning - but she did and did before. Like Kath, I don't find any solid evidence in her posts, but I can't feel good about her either.

I think Holby might be innocent. Durelin I really don't know.

Kath is a problem. She seems to trust me a little and because of that I feel more inclined to trust her. But that's not really a good thing, I suppose. Right now, purely on intuition, I don't think she is a wolf. She has been too strong about her own opinions and keeps insisting to get Menel lynched. Strangely enough, she's the only one in the game who has not voted for a known innocent before. Very good cover, or innocent indeed. Besides, she is about the only one here who still talks.

Come on, my fellow villagers. The wolves are slowly establishing a majority and we need áll your votes and voices.

Quote:
Cailín - has steadily become louder but as a first timer (?) this could just be her confidence naturally increasing so again, nothing on her.
Indeed, I am a first timer.

Edit: cross-posted with Holby (yup, this post took me that long). She seems to share some of my worries concerning Folwren.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:29 PM   #314
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Today has not been a good posting day, I would have thought for me alone but then we've so little. . A warning though, from that, I will have to vote early today, like Cailin I'm begining college today (unlike her it's just one class, and voluntary on top of all my senior work).

As to what has been said, a simple thanks first to Holby for the voting record. It saves me time and this far into the game the voting has got to tell us something. Though it doesn't seem to tell us much.

I would draw though, the self same conclusion that those spoken few have. The Record looks ill for Fowlren.

To Durelin, who with little reason sits like a foggish blight upon my mind, I see no clear and crystal reason to suspect him. Though his silence unexplained does vex me over much.

Wayne, beyond his silence and seemingly light grasp on where we stand (I do post, as was kindly pointed out) my sole reason for suspecting him is ill-feeling. From day one something did not sit well about him and we have shrugged it off, giving Wayne the benefit of being new. I begin to feel that doing such has cost us greatly.

Holby and Wilwa, these two I can find nothing against. They are helpful. I see no reason to really suspect either but at this point should probably be looking closer.

To Kath, she has voted in a way most simple, For Menel. Little can be gleaned from that, though all else she has posted has seemed a help for us.

Cailin, I suspect Cailin. It comes as I have before stated from a fear she has slipped herself into an un-lynchable position. I admit this is most likely newness giving way to expreience, but for her and Wayne both we give them this excuse and thus ignore them. Newness does not, indeed should not, be synonymous to innocence, it does not follow.

Menel, as before he stood so stands he now. I do not trust him. However, given evidence and dire need I shall not vote for him again unless we shall this problem solve for once and ever more.

For myself, what more can I say. You suspect me for following one who made good points, and for adding my points to hers. If that is reason to be lynched than lynch me, people who accuse for that and nothing more deserve the state to which it brings them.

I think strongly, more so than I have before, that we are neither being guided nor manipulated by wolfish plots. I suspect that we have been left to lynch ourselves, with perhaps one wolf giving hints to keep us all in line. From that I would Wayne and Durelin suspect, and since there is little reason not to I think I shall. I will not write all others off my list, nor abandon all suspicions previously held, but from now 'til I again have computer access I shall with that leave you. Hoping for more voice to given be, and that those still silent we may have chance to see.

(Sorry about the way it's written, I just got out of Shakespeare class and that always has a somewhat detrimental affect upon my speech.)
Old 09-12-2005, 12:59 PM   #315
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

As of now we have only not heard from Wayne and Durelin, unfortunately they are two of the people I feel somewhat suspicious of and so I would prefer to leave any further analysis until I've seen some posts from then. However, what with Wayne's record of appearing simply to list his suspicions (with no reasons) and vote there is little point in waiting for him. In fact this may point to his wolvishness in a purely technical way, if he is online only close to Night rather than through the Day.

Now, I want to lynch a wolf today, but I cannot see how we can be sure of doing that. We all suspect different people and for different reasons, and of course everyone claims to be innocent. My only idea would be for everyone to put who they think is the most suspicious in order, and then for everyone to vote for the person who is most suspected by the most people (if that made any sense). That way, even if the person we lynch is innocent (I sincerely hope not or we are in serious trouble) we can see something from these lists. The problem there would be that the wolves could simply copy the list from an innocent and agree to sacrifice one of their own if need be to hide themselves.

I don't really feel that little plan will work but I thought I'd put it out there just to see how people would react to it.

As of now my main suspect is still Menel, but he is very closely followed by Folwren, and if there are enough people that want to vote for Folwren and few that want to vote for Menel, I will (reluctantly) change my vote so that we can ensure the death of someone we truly feel to be guilty.

As I see it now, people's plans for lynching go as follows:
Folwren - Wayne or Holby
Shelob - Folwren or Cailin
Holbytlass - Folwren
Meneltarmacil - Kath or Shelob
Kath - Menel or Folwren
Cailín - Menel or Shelob

I don't know about wilwarin538, Durelin or WaynetheGoblin yet as they have given no indication of who they will vote for. But that list suggests there there would be more chance of a group vote for Folwren than for Menel, so if the votes do pan out that way you can rely on mine to be for Folwren. I realise that this sounds like bandwaggoning and abandoning my principles but we have to get a wolf toDay or there is practically no chance of us winning.

So far it seems that the wolves have attacked those who were loud, possibly not because they were close in their suspect lists, but because they were listened to by the village. the phantom, SpM, TGWBS and Nilp are all loud people and were all killed by the wolves, and that seems like more than a coincidence to me. If the wolves continue in the vein I would expect either myself, Cailin or Holby to be killed by them tonight. I am possibly least likely to die as quite a few people are suspicious of me but if either Cailin or Holby doesn't die I could become suspicious of them where at the moment I am not.

Anyway, right now my suspect list goes:
Menel
Folwren
WaynetheGoblin
Durelin
- with position subject to change depending on her post
Old 09-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #316
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I too feel it is important that we kill a Wolf toDay. If we cannot, our situation will become even worse and we'll have dug this hole so deep that getting out is next to impossible. Though I do suspect Kath and Shelob more than the others, I am wiiling to let them live if it means we actually do get rid of a Wolf. I will also consider voting for Folwren, as I have noticed (as I mentioned a while back) some rather wolfish behavior from him/her (I still don't know if you're a guy or a girl, Folwren) myself.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:01 PM   #317
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

As I stated yesterday I am suspicious of Folwren so I will probably be voting for her. Won't do that now, but I will later. I have homework so that's all I can say.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:06 PM   #318
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I am also suspicious of folwern. I also will probely vote for her but I have to do something so I will vote later.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #319
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Folwren is an acceptable choice for me too - though I did not feel suspicious of him (or is it her?) till today. I also am sort of wary we might be repeating what went wrong yesterday - everyone being slightly suspicious of someone and with just a little push on the side of the wolves, again, an innocent was dead at our hands.

Quote:
Cailin, I suspect Cailin. It comes as I have before stated from a fear she has slipped herself into an un-lynchable position. I admit this is most likely newness giving way to expreience, but for her and Wayne both we give them this excuse and thus ignore them. Newness does not, indeed should not, be synonymous to innocence, it does not follow.
I completely agree and I admit that's why I overlooked Folwren at first as well - his behavior and mine seemed kind of similar. Gradually, though, we adjusted in different ways and he in a way that seemed strange and suspicious to me.
I overlook Wayne because I think - this sounds harsh - if he has had nothing intelligent to say during day, how could he during nights? I don't think that is fair but I'm also unwilling to risk a life of someone whose death would tell us nothing - and Wayne's would not.
I'd be happy to be unlynchable, but I fear I'm not.

Shelob - too bad we don't trust each other. Especially if you are, indeed, innocent as you claim.

Quote:
but if either Cailin or Holby doesn't die I could become suspicious of them where at the moment I am not.
Dang, if the wolves don't kill me tonight, I will be on tomorrow's lynching list? How is that fair?

---

I'll be back later, hopefully Durelin has posted something by then.

edit: crossposted with wilwa and wayne. Not so sure about Folwren anymore.

Last edited by Cailín; 09-12-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #320
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Wow, this is looking really bad for not only myself but also for the entire village.

Look, people, I don't know if this is legal or if it's totally against the laws of the game or the laws of the Barrow Downs itself, but I swear upon all that I hold true, that I am innocent. I'll go to court (our lawyer died, unfortuntely) and say it with my hand on a Bible.

Everybody that's posted since Holby's long post against me has said that they think me extremely suspicious and will vote for me. I'm as good as dead if things stand as they are. It will be a bad, bad, bad mistake for you to lynch me.

As Menel said, if you kill an innocent today (which would be the case if you killed me), there's very little liklihood that the villagers will come out the winners.

Before I go, I'd like to explain two things -

I did suspect Alcarillo after TGWBS's death, but that was also adding onto what I'd thought of him the day before. I did not think that the wolves would set something up like that merely because if I had been them, I wouldn't have. I would have been oblivious to the fact that he might be suspected if Guy were killt.

I did not vote last night because I didn't get on the computer after something like two o'clock and I thought I'd be able to get back and vote before leaving for the dance. As it is, I left the computer at two thirty (I posted then, remember?) and then went out to work with my two year old horse. I worked with him until three-twenty, at which time, I took all three horses out to pasture. On our way back, my brother told me that there was thirty pounds of grain lying out on the ground in the corral and the horses were going right down to it to eat it. To leave it there would be murdering my three horses, so I went down and shoveled it all out of there. When I got back, it was four. I had to shower and eat dinner before leaving at four-thirty for our English Country Dance. I got home at ten thirty.

And that's my explenation for last night's absence. I had a good reason for not voting on Day 1, too.............Ah, yes, I told you then. The family went to the river for the afternoon. Left around three o'clock and I didn't get a chance to post before that. Didn't get back until after eight.

If you kill me, do so for some other reason than for not voting, because when I'm dead, you'll want to think you lynched me for something better than that.

-- Folwren

P.S. Oh, I still really, super suspect Wayne.