The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-12-2005, 02:55 PM   #321
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Okay. After Wilwa and Wayne's rash posts, I started to reconsider. Everyone seems so eager to be rid of Folwren, there has to be wolfishness involved. Of course, the wolves would make themselves just as suspicious by refusing, but I fear Folwren might be not the right choice tonight (little to do with his/her spirited defence of himself, I might add).

I'm never going to get support for Shelob but there's another one some of us would lynch. And that would be Menel. Now, Menel would not be my first choice but I am willing to go along with it, since he has provided us with nothing but quite a shady defence at least.

This will not make me look any better, I fear, and I still think Folwren could be the wolf we're looking for. But since I neither trust Wilwa nor Wayne and they are both so quickly to jump on the band-wagon, I dare not vote Folwren tonight. I think Menel would be the better option, specially since it will say a lot about Kath's and Shelob's positions.

What say you?
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #322
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Damn she's good! I was almost convinced there and I'm really not sure now if she is the right person to lynch! Everyone suspects her but that is almost a bad thing. Wayne and wilwa are now giving me real pause for thought as they both but especially Wayne appeared simply to say they agreed and that was it! I quite believe Wayne to be a wolf now and that also is making me feel that perhaps Folwren is not, as it would be strange for one wolf to completely attack another.

We don't have many choices here. We can all vote together and lynch Folwren, we can all vote together and lynch Wayne (as I believe many of you are also suspicious of him), we can try to create a double lynching situation but that is difficult to ensure and if one of them is innocent that's the rest of us dead as we'll have greatly improved the wolves odds, or we can all vote our own separate way and see what happens.

I would prefer one of the first two options but I truly can't choose which. That little defence of Folwrens' just rang so true that I'm having real trouble believing her to be guilty. I hate that, I have to go completely back on all I've said. To be honest, I think I would prefer to lynch Wayne, and then, if he is innocent we'll almost know that Folwren is a wolf and we can lynch her tomorrow. Whereas, if we lynch Folwren today, whatever the outcome, it won't help us much with Wayne and we'll just have to go through all of this again tomorrow.

I'm sorry to have suddenly appeared with this but until that last post of Folwren's I was very sure that she was guilty, but now!

Please, tell me what you think and which course of action you would prefer to go with just so we all know where we stand, and please, don't vote until you have. I'll come check this every time someone posts so if everyone can get in fast enough we could at least make sure we agree on what we're doing.

EDIT: Cross posted with Cailin and while Menel would still be my first choice I don't believe that there will be enough support for his lynching, and it would still not tell us as much as I think Wayne's would as only myself and Shelob ever speak of him and we need to know about Folwren.

Last edited by Kath; 09-12-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #323
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
But since I neither trust Wilwa nor Wayne and they are both so quickly to jump on the band-wagon,
Hold on a sec. I am not bandwagoning about Folwren. I was suspicious of her yesterday, and probably should have voted for her, but I didn't and I wish I had, since Gil ended up innocent.

Wayne I agree is bandwagoning, he sems to always just shoot out the names that have been said the most and then doesn't give a reason for them.

I'm not to sure about Menel, never have been. Sometimes I think he's suspicious and other times I don't think he is.

By the way I remember someone(not sue who) said I've only voted for only innocents. That's not really true. I voted for Glirdan and I believe my vote on Day 1 saved an innocent. But yeah you are right I have voted for a few innocents, and I feel terrible, but I'm not the only one I'm sure.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:18 PM   #324
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
please, don't vote until you have.
It should probably be "have to", and in either case I must vote now *shakes fist at school*.

++FOlWREN

Why you ask. Because I've still got a bad feeling about her and (even with Cailin's most recent post) I doubt we'll get enough support to lynch Meneltarmacil.

I agree that Wayne is really suspicious but as it stands I can see more against Folwren than against him (probably 'cause Folwren posts while Wayne doesn't, therefore leaving nothing to work with).

Do with my vote as you please but it's too early for my liking, too much of a guess.

Luck to you all, I'll be back well after this DAY ends but until then I hope we're right. *insert desperate smiley*
Old 09-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #325
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
To be honest, I think I would prefer to lynch Wayne, and then, if he is innocent we'll almost know that Folwren is a wolf and we can lynch her tomorrow. Whereas, if we lynch Folwren today, whatever the outcome, it won't help us much with Wayne and we'll just have to go through all of this again tomorrow.
I personally think that this is a good idea. I am willing to go with it. If Wayne is a wolf, which I am beginning to think is the case, then we'll be even better off.

(EDIT: crossposted with Shelob, I guess she won't be going along with your plan then Kath. )
Old 09-12-2005, 03:23 PM   #326
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

@ Wilwa: Glirdan is as good as an innocent in my current arguments, for the wolves have no idea who the bear is and Glirdan is as good as innocent to them. Glirdan being the bear was lucky. According to me.

Yes, Folwren does provide quite a defence, though I'm not sure about the whole bible thing.

Wayne might be a fine choice too, since he does not really contribute anyway. I think we cannot excuse him for being new any longer and maybe he has fooled us long enough with that. We can get Folwren to support Wayne, Kath... Shelob probably as well and Wilwa might too. That's already a majority, so Wayne might be an option a lot of us would be satisfied with.

The problem is... I really can't convince myself he's a wolf. I can't. He's too much like Gil.

But: those of us who are innocents just don't know. And we have to make a decision - sooner or later.

Edit: cross-post, so guess Shelob did not like the plan.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:26 PM   #327
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
While I empathise with not getting to the village square on time to cast a vote due to extenuating circumstances, it has become too much of a habit, it has been stated numerous times that we would prefer an early vote than none at all.
I am still suspicious of Folwren but would consider kath's plan since I do trust her.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:27 PM   #328
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well Shelob has already voted so we'll have to leave her out of this.

Supporters for lynching Wayne sa of now are:
Kath
Wilwa
Cailin

Holby

So we need to hear from:
Wayne
Menel
Folwren

Last edited by Kath; 09-12-2005 at 03:28 PM. Reason: saw Holbys post
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:33 PM   #329
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Please forgive me for my absence. It was forced labor that kept me away.

I think we need to take a second look at Shelob. He/she seems very ready too lynch Folwren. But, I'm not really ready to lynch anyone, though someone has to be lynched, so...maybe being more decisive than I is a good thing.

Also...a Folwren - Durelin team was briefly mentioned. Absolutely suspicious, I know. They both couldn't vote yesterday. They have been suspicious of each other. You might be on to something there.

Wayne's bandwagoning to the extreme, and he's being...well, excuse my hypocrisy and forthrightedness, but he's been pretty useless when it comes to getting anything figured out.

I'm really tempted to vote for Wayne, and just this once, I am going to give into temptation.

++WaynetheGoblin

Might seem like I'm defending Folwren, but...well, everyone's deserving of their own opinion...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:33 PM   #330
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
So we need to hear from:
Wayne
Menel
Folwren
I have a feeling Wayne might be against your plan Kath. If atleast Menel agrees, which he probably will, then we can all vote.

Actually I will just vote now:

++WaynetheGoblin

Last edited by wilwarin538; 09-12-2005 at 03:34 PM. Reason: to add vote
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:36 PM   #331
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Durelin! I am so sorry I completely forgot you!

Well now this means that in support we have:
Kath
Durelin
Wilwa
Cailin
Holby

And have only to hear from:
Wayne
Menel
Folwren

And if all those in support vote now we'll be sure to lynch Wayne anyway. Agreed?
Old 09-12-2005, 03:36 PM   #332
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I now just hope that Kath isn't a wolf.

*smacks head*
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #333
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I still think Folwren is a wolf. But at the same time I think menel is a wolf. I have been thinking menel has been a wolf since day 1. Folwern I have a very bad feeling about you. If I did vote I would go for folwern so ++FOLWREN.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #334
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
I have been thinking menel has been a wolf since day 1
Since when!?!

Anyway, in the hope that this will all go to plan and those that said they would vote Wayne now will:

++WAYNETHEGOBLIN
Old 09-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #335
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

All right. Let's hope for the best.

++WAYNETHEGOBLIN
Old 09-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #336
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Also...a Folwren - Durelin team was briefly mentioned. Absolutely suspicious, I know. They both couldn't vote yesterday. They have been suspicious of each other. You might be on to something there.
What's this?! A Freudian slip? Bears looking at tomorrow.

++WaynetheGoblin
Old 09-12-2005, 04:20 PM   #337
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just like that im not lasting a nother day whell this will be my final post on this werewolf game good bye.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:26 PM   #338
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Well, I honestly don't think that WaynetheGoblin is a wolf. Since I really don't think his death would help us a whole lot, I will vote for

++Folwren

the only other person voted for today and who is, in my opinion, acting more suspiciously then Wayne is.

Not that I am trying to say that Wayne is completely innocent, but his death will tell us next to nothing compared to that of Folwren, who is equally if not more suspicious, albeit for different reasons.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #339
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Double post...

Actually, I have just reviewed the voting, and five out of nine of us have voted in favor of lynching Wayne. So my vote wouldn't have helped anyway.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #340
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Another one bites the dust.

"He's a dentist, which makes him inherently evil," the villagers decided.

"Once he pulled a tooth of mine that was completely healthy!" one shouted. "My mouth was sore for weeks!"

"You think that's bad? Once he drilled a tooth without any painkillers!" another added.

"It was an accident, I swear!" WaynetheGoblin said, trying to defend himself.

"Pure evil!" the villagers cried as one. "Strap him into his chair! Let's give him a taste of his own medicine!"

They dragged Wayne to the office at the side of his home and forced him into the chair.

"How about a little tooth extraction?" one villager said evilly, picking up a nasty-looking tool.

"No! I'm innocent! I'm the--" Wayne began frantically, but the villager had already shoved the tongs into his mouth and, with an awful cracking sound, ripped the tooth out. Blood spattered Wayne's white dentist's coat.

"Another one!" the villagers encouraged, but Wayne had passed out from the pain.

"Now what?" said one villager in disappointment.

The others shrugged. "Let's just lynch him."

"Wait a second. 'Snot very nice, lynching someone who's unconscious," someone said.

"Not nice?" said another. "We've voted, and Wayne has to go. No questions asked."

"Yeah! That's right," the others agreed. And so they lynched him, although it wasn't terribly exciting.

"Darn," the villagers said after they were sure Wayne was dead. "Another innocent dead."

"Wait," said the same villager who had protested before. "What d'you think he was going to say before? I'm the--, he said. He was the what?"

"Uh oh," said a villager who was quick on the uptake. This villager rushed to the dead body and unbuttoned the dentist's coat. Underneath, the late Wayne was wearing a Ranger's garb.

Living:

Folwren
Shelob
Holbytlass
Meneltarmacil
wilwarin538
Durelin
Kath
Cailín

The Deceased:

Encaitare (Moderator) - Stuck full of quills by Wolves on NIGHT 1
Llama (Mammal) - Mauled into oblivion by Black Beorning on NIGHT 1
Bergil (Ordinary Villager) - Crushed under the gallows on DAY 1
SamwiseGamgee (Ordinary Villager) – Killed by Hunter on NIGHT 2
TGWBS (Hunter) – Impaled by Wolves on NIGHT 2
Kitanna (Cobbler) – Given a TV closeup by Black Beorning on NIGHT 2
Alcarillo (Ordinary Villager) - Dismembered by villagers on DAY 2
Mormegil (Shirriff) - Charmed by Black Beorning on NIGHT 3
The Phantom (Seer) - Rendered blind by Wolves on NIGHT 3
Azaelia of Willowbottom (Ordinary Villager) - Lynched by villagers on DAY 3
Glirdan (Bear) - Pincushioned by villagers on DAY 3
The Saucepan Man (Ordinary Villager) – Stuffed into mushrooms by Wolves on NIGHT 4
Gil-Galad (Ordinary Villager) - Stoned to death by villagers on DAY 4
Nilpaurion Felagund (Shirriff) – Quartered by Wolves on NIGHT 5
WaynetheGoblin (Ranger) - Suffered tooth extraction and lynched by villagers on DAY 5.

It is now NIGHT 6. A name from the lycanthropes, pretty please.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:35 PM   #341
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
All your village are belong to the Wolves... almost, anyway.

"We are but seven this morn," Folwren noted as they congregated in the village square.

"Just like the sons of Feanor," Shelob commented.

"Yeah, and look what happened to them," Holbytlass said darkly.

"Ooh, can I be Maglor?" asked Meneltarmacil excitedly.

"No, you can't," Wilwa said firmly.

"So let's see who's missing..." Kath said, looking around at the small group.

"It's Durelin," Cailín realized.

Durelin had often been a bit of an enigma to the other villagers, largely because she often told them to "Ph34r my 1337 sk!llz," and whenever she wrote them letters, they were cluttered with numbers and symbols that made the words hard to decipher. Yet they had been fond of her, and it was with heavy hearts that they went to her "hum813 h0m3".

They found her sitting in her favorite chair, which was so comfortable that Durelin had claimed it was impossible to leave. Indeed, it would have been quite hard for her to get out of the chair, because a sword had been run straight through her, pinning her to the back of the seat. Written in browned blood on her forehead was the word "PWNED".

"Look!" a villager cried, pointing at the wall. There was another message:

You have no chance to survive. Make your time.

Although the Wolves' language was crude, the villagers got the idea. "Back to the square!" they said. "Let's make sure we get one of those furry beasts toDay."

~*~*~*~*~

Living:

Folwren
Shelob
Holbytlass
Meneltarmacil
wilwarin538
Kath
Cailín

The Deceased:

Encaitare (Moderator) - Stuck full of quills by Wolves on NIGHT 1
Llama (Mammal) - Mauled into oblivion by Black Beorning on NIGHT 1
Bergil (Ordinary Villager) - Crushed under the gallows on DAY 1
SamwiseGamgee (Ordinary Villager) – Killed by Hunter on NIGHT 2
TGWBS (Hunter) – Impaled by Wolves on NIGHT 2
Kitanna (Cobbler) – Given a TV closeup by Black Beorning on NIGHT 2
Alcarillo (Ordinary Villager) - Dismembered by villagers on DAY 2
Mormegil (Shirriff) - Charmed by Black Beorning on NIGHT 3
The Phantom (Seer) - Rendered blind by Wolves on NIGHT 3
Azaelia of Willowbottom (Ordinary Villager) - Lynched by villagers on DAY 3
Glirdan (Bear) - Pincushioned by villagers on DAY 3
The Saucepan Man (Ordinary Villager) – Stuffed into mushrooms by Wolves on NIGHT 4
Gil-Galad (Ordinary Villager) - Stoned to death by villagers on DAY 4
Nilpaurion Felagund (Shirriff) – Quartered by Wolves on NIGHT 5
WaynetheGoblin (Ranger) - Suffered tooth extraction and lynched by villagers on DAY 5.
Durelin (Ordinary Villager) - Pwned by Wolves on NIGHT 6

It is now DAY 6. Do what it is you do, everyone. Remember that if a wolf is not found today, it's Game Over for the village...

Last edited by Encaitare; 09-14-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:45 PM   #342
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I think I've said so before, but I always thought that Durelin was innocent. Why did they choose her? I know why they left me alive...ha. The villagers will do that job this evening, unless I can change people's minds. But why Durelin? Why not Kath, or Cailin, who both talk twice as much as Durelin?

As for me...saved one day to likely only be killed the next.

I am glad that my post made you believe me yesterday, but I am horror struck that it only got the ranger killed. I had no idea whatsoever that Wayne was the ranger...I thought Kath was. That’s why I thought that she would be dangerous to have killed. I did say that it would be a very bad idea to kill her. I did! I truly, honestly thought that she was the ranger. And I seriously believed that Wayne was a wolf - particularly after he jumped onto what appeared to be my bandwagon. (I’m astonished that I wasn’t hanged last night.)

And to explain my absence - Our computer crashed yesterday afternoon. I wasn’t on any time after my post of defense. My dad managed to get it up and running again sometimes after eight, but by then, I figured my time was up, and my body lying cold in the ground. Really, if you think about it, I had little or no reason to get on anyway, because I didn’t think that my desperate begging (or reasoning) would get anyone to change their minds.

Now I see it would have been better if I hadn’t gotten anyone to change their minds. Actually, if I had been killed last night, the same thing would have happened - I would have been killed, everyone would look at Wayne, and today he would have (probably) been killed. Instead, it’s turned around - Wayne was killed and today (unless I can change your minds again), I’ll (probably) be killed, too.

Here’s why not to do it:

Because my post from yesterday still stands true. Evidently, Kath thinks I’m good at defending myself. That’s awesome. It still stands, that post.

I didn’t know that Wayne was innocent. No one knew, except the wolves. And no one knew that he was the ranger.

If you kill me today, you will have killed an innocent, and the game will be over - finished by the villager’s own hands - with the wolves winning. We haven’t killed a single wolf, do you realize that? There are seven people left - four villagers, three wolves. We kill a villager today, the wolves win. If you kill me, it will be killing a villager. I can’t make you believe that by saying anything more than what I’ve already said. Reread the post from yesterday. I meant every single word of that first paragraph. (Including the one about the Bible, Cailin.)

Why to do it:

Because you all doubt my sincerity now. You’ll doubt everything I say because I said that I believed Wayne to be guilty. I pressed for Azaelia’s death, and I ultimately got her killed, too. I pushed for Alcarillo’s death, and he was killed that night. You’ll doubt me because every person I’ve accused and gotten killed thus far has been innocent. They’re good reasons to doubt me, I know, and I won’t argue with that. I can’t prove to you that I didn’t know that everyone I accused (who got killed) was innocent. I can hardly even hope that you’ll believe now, but you have to, because if you don’t, then I’ll die, and the village will, too.

But consider...consider very carefully, everyone. I wasn’t the one who got Wayne killed. I suspected him, to be sure, but I didn’t argue for his death. I said in one post that I suspected him and why I did, and in my other post, I said that I still did suspect him. I didn’t say, lynch Wayne. I said I suspected him.

And if people blame me for jumping immediately to my defence, then so what to them? I go by instinct. It's human instinct to live. And it's my instinct to argue in my defence, or someone else's defence if need be. It's also by instinct that I feel threatened...consider my near death yesterday and the threat to be lynched today if Wayne turned out to be guilty.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:00 PM   #343
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

'Nobody's laughing now
God's grace lost
and the Devil is proud(DMB)

werewolf strategy thus far....kill off major smart loud talkers, then Nilp because he was the other shirrif. Which makes the mistake of the ranger understandable now. Thinking the wolves would kill the other shirrif the night after he revealed himself but didn't because they kept with their plan of killing smarties.
Now Duerlin, while I personally consider her to be smart, she wasn't very vocal in this town, nor has she had lots off suspicion. We should be looking at the medium smarties.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:38 PM   #344
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Day 1
1. Shelob for the phantom (TP - 1)
2. TGWBS for Alcarillo (TP - 1; Alcarillo -1)
3. Alcarillo for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 1; Bergil - 1)
4. Wilwarin for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 1; Bergil - 2)
5. Wayne for Alcarillo (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2)
6. Kath for Meneltarmacil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1)
7. Gil-Galad for Kitanna (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1)
8. Cailin for Glirdan (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1)
9. Menel for Kath (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 1)
10. Mormegil for Kath (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 2; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 2)
11. Holbytlas for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 3; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 2)
12. Glirdan for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 2; Bergil - 4; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 2)
13. The Saucepan Man for Alcarillo (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 3; Bergil - 4; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 1; Kath - 2)
14. Kitanna for Glirdan (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 3; Bergil - 4; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 2; Kath - 2)
15 Azaelia for Bergil (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 3; Bergil - 5; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 2; Kath - 2)
16. Durelin for The Saucepan Man (TP - 1; Alcarillo - 3; Bergil - 5; Menel - 1; Kitanna - 1; Glirdan - 2; Kath - 2; SpM - 1)

Did not vote:

Bergil
Folwren
Nilpaurion
SamwiseGamgee
The phantom

Day 2
The phantom for Alcarillo (Alcarillo - 1)
Cailin for Alcarillo (Alcarillo - 2)
Mormegil for Azaelia (Alcarillo - 2; Azaelia - 1)
Wilwarin for Azaelia (Alcarillo - 2; Azaelia - 2)
Folwren for Alcarillo (Alcarillo - 3; Azaelia - 2)
Holbytlass for wilwarin (Alcarillo - 3; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1)
SpM for Meneltarmacil (Alcarillo - 3; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1; Menel - 1)
Kath for Meneltarmacil (Alcarillo - 3; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1; Menel - 2)
Gil-Galad for Alcarillo (Alcarillo - 4; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1; Menel - 2)
Glirdan for Alcarillo (Alcarillo - 5; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1; Menel - 2)
Azaelia for Alcarillo (Alcarillo - 6; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1; Menel - 2)
Shelob for Meneltarmacil (Alcarillo - 6; Azaelia - 2; wilwa - 1; Menel - 3)
Meneltarmacil for Azaelia (Alcarillo - 6; Azaelia - 3; wilwa - 1; Menel - 3)
Durelin for Folwren (Alcarillo - 6; Azaelia - 3; wilwa - 1; Menel - 3; Folwren - 1)

Did not vote:
Alcarillo
Nilpaurion
WaynetheGoblin

Day 3
Nilp for Glirdan (Glirdan-1)
Wilwa for Glirdan (Glirdan-2)
Glirdan for Gil (Glirdan-2, Gil-1)
Kath fir Menel (Glirdan-2, Gil-1, Menel-1)
Cailin for Glirdan (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-1)
SpM for Azaelia (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-1, Azaelia-1)
Shelob for Menel (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaeleia-1)
Menel for Shelob (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaelia-1, Shelob-1)
Durelin for Azaelia (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaelia-2, Shelob-1)
Holby for Azaelia (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaelia-3, Shelob-1)
Gil for SpM (Glirdan-3, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaelia-3, Shelob-1, SpM-1)
Azaelia for Glirdan (Glirdan-4, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaelia-3, Shelob-1, SpM-1)
Folwren for Azaelia (Glirdan-4, Gil-1, Menel-2, Azaelia-3, Shelob-1, SpM-1)

No vote: Wayne

Day 4
Cailin for Shelob (Shelob-1)
Holby for Gil (Shelob-1, Gil-1)
Wayne for Gil (Shelob-1, Gil-2)
Wilwa for Gil (Shelob-1, Gil-3)
Menel for Shelob (Shelob-2, Gil-3)
Shelob for Menel (Shelob-2, Gil-3, Menel-1)
Kath for Menel (Shelob-2, Gil-3, Menel-2)

No vote: Nilp, Gil, Durelin, Folwren

Day 5
Shelob for Folwren (Folwren-1)
Durelin for Wayne (Folwren-1, Wayne-1)
Wilwa for Wayne (Folwren-1, Wayne-2)
Wayne for Folwren (Folwren-2, Wayne-2)
Kath for Wayne (Folwren-2, Wayne-3)
Cailin for Wayne (Folwren-2, Wayne-4)
Holby for Wayne (Folwren-2, Wayne-5)
Menel for Folwren (Folwren-3, Wayne-5)

No Vote: Folwren

Last edited by Holbytlass; 09-13-2005 at 06:54 PM. Reason: adding Folwren's no vote to day5
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:16 PM   #345
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Folwren, I believe you. I know I was gunning for you yesterday but especially with the wolves kill last night, I see better. You are new to the village(s) and I think if you were a wolf, your teammates would tell you to tone it down (or slip you a Ritalin, I mean that in the nicest way).

Now I ask you to believe me that I am innocent. I think I'm right that we have a trio of 'medium' wolves. And if we are to trust each other than percenatge-wise it may be doable to find 3 wolves out of 5 villagers (the whole point of taking us out of the equation). Or at least we can stop wasting our time on each other. Truce? *holding out hand*
This is for the other 2 innocent villagers as well, if you beleive Folwren and I to be innocent then the percenatges go down even further for you because that leaves only 4 people to study and 3 of them are wolves. I know this is asking alot but at least consider.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:06 PM   #346
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Holby I believe you to be innocent, I have for a while. But I just don't trus Folwren, its almost like she's trying to sweet talk her way into being erased of suspicion. I think we should follow through with Kath's plan from yesterday.

Anyway its way past my bedtime so I have to go to sleep. Hopefully I can post tomorrow morning.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 09-13-2005 at 09:06 PM. Reason: bold name
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 02:19 AM   #347
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I am weary of killing innocents every day. Again and again we have failed to find a werewolf. The wolves were smart to kill Durelin: nobody suspected her and right now, we all suspect each other.

I'm not sure if Holby classified me as a medium smartie as well. I'm innocent, for one, and I think I've been one of the most foolish people throughout this game. Oh well.

I don't know who is innocent anymore. I don't know who so brutally murdered Durelin last night. Holby and Folwren seem to have formed a partnership- but I don't wish to be part of a team right now. I don't think Folwren is guilty. I'm not sure about Holby. There's only one person I can think of, of whom I would really like to know what part she has played in this tragedy.

My vote, as I probably should have done days ago, will be going to Kath today.

Why?

Kath is - in my opinion - the most capable player left. She has isolated herself from everyone in this village during these last few days and has steadily voted for Menel - except yesterday when he would likely have been killed, had Kath decided to keep voting for him. Because of that, her voting is so seriously unsuspicious, it is highly doubtful it wasn't planned.

Like Folwren, I thought she might be the ranger for a while. Two days ago I already highly suspected her, but was easily fooled cause it seemed she trusted me. I did not want her dead - she was one of the few people still actively posting and actually responding to others instead of just voicing random suspicions and vote.

Yesterday especially she said some things that made me wonder. Yes, it is true that typical wolf behavior would be staying in the background, but being loudest seems like a good cover as well. For who have been lynched these past few days? All the quiet ones, one by one.

If we do not find a wolf today, we are doomed. The same goes for tomorrow and the day after and the day after. Do I still think we can win? Not really. Do I think Kath is guilty? Yes, I really do.

I hope some will choose to support me in this - for unless the villagers are of a single mind, we will certainly lose today.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:07 AM   #348
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The 3 wolves are Kath Shelob and Menel.
I will be back, but look at the voting record.
Folwren, Cailin, Wilwa and I have basically have voted with the pack, or for innocents because we are in the dark.
But systematically, Kath and Shelob have been voting for Menel (he being the sacrificial wolf) and the bit of petty squabble between Shelob and Menel, that's for if either ever get lynched the other will look good.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:56 AM   #349
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'll agree with your other two wolves Holby, but I assure you am I not one. If you go from that and I am lynched for being sucked into some wolvish plot it bodes ill for all. For my defense, the very self same record you do point us to. Kath has, all by yesterday, voted for Menel, a doable wolvish trick but risky. Menel has voted but once for, Kath twice for me, once for a now proven innocent and once for Folwren. With the exceptions of his votes for me (most notably the second) the one for whom he's voting has never really been in danger. Were I wolf as well as him 'twould be suicidal.

To Kath though, it is more likely she and Menel could be working together, with the exception of the day we lynched our Ranger her votes for Menel never put him into real danger. He has not overly tried to get her lynched and certainly never voted for her when she was in real danger of being lynched.

For the others though, that is Wilwa, Holby, Folwren and Cailin. I have little reason against Wilwa or Holby. I still suspect Folwren and Cailin, but with things so dire shall not vote for either unless it is the will of the village to see them lynched.

And if you're willing to accept a two part post from me, I need to go to school. Once I'm there I'll all but certianly have a chance to post again (and if I don't I'm sure you'll all be glad to know that the lab glassware will once again be clean)
Old 09-14-2005, 05:05 AM   #350
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Folwren, Cailin, Wilwa and I have basically have voted with the pack, or for innocents because we are in the dark.
But systematically, Kath and Shelob have been voting for Menel (he being the sacrificial wolf) and the bit of petty squabble between Shelob and Menel, that's for if either ever get lynched the other will look good.
I suppose that could be a possibility. If the majority decides on Kath I will vote for her, there are three wolves so there is a possibility that she is one. I still believe Folwren is a wolf so if Kath is then we should get Folwren tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:04 AM   #351
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally posted by Holby:
Folwren, I believe you. I know I was gunning for you yesterday but especially with the wolves kill last night, I see better. You are new to the village(s) and I think if you were a wolf, your teammates would tell you to tone it down (or slip you a Ritalin, I mean that in the nicest way).
*chuckles quietly* Well, good. I'm glad you think that. It's probably true.

Quote:
Originally posted again by Holby:
Now I ask you to believe me that I am innocent. I think I'm right that we have a trio of 'medium' wolves. And if we are to trust each other than percenatge-wise it may be doable to find 3 wolves out of 5 villagers (the whole point of taking us out of the equation). Or at least we can stop wasting our time on each other. Truce? *holding out hand*
This is asking a lot. And it's extremely dangerous. Not for me, necessarily (unless you're lynched and found guilty tonight and then they turn on me because I did a truce which is feasable) but for the village. If you are a wolf and are thus excused from guilt on my part, then that's one less vote to get someone killed. But, because it may be the best way, I'll do it - for today. *shakes hands*

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilwa:
Holby I believe you to be innocent, I have for a while. But I just don't trust Folwren, its almost like she's trying to sweet talk her way into being erased of suspicion. I think we should follow through with Kath's plan from yesterday.
This comment - about trusting Holby and mistrusting me - somehow leads me to believe that you're innocent, Wilwa. I think you're wrong. I think you're very wrong - particularly about following Kath's plan from yesterday, but I think your an innocent. I can't exactly put it into words, I'm afraid. But somehow...it makes sense to me that only an innocent would say that.

Out of Cailin, Shelob, Kath, and Menel, however, I find it hard to decide which of them is guilty and who is innocent. Truth to tell, I am very, very reluctant to state any suspicions because every time before in this game, I've been wrong. I have to think more about it...

I don't have time now. I have bills to pay that have to go out with the morning mail.

Until later.

- Folwren
Old 09-14-2005, 09:50 AM   #352
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass
I agree with Holby on this. I was going to suggest Menel and Shelob as wolves tomorrow, should Kath prove to be one.

I see the village is still unsure as to who to vote for. I cannot vouch for my innocence in anyway and I can see why I would be a suspect. But remember: at this point, all our voting records are against us. There's only three of us left that have a reasonably acceptable voting record. And this may seem like a weird statement, but those three are the suspicious ones. They knew beforehand who was innocent and who was not.

I am not 100% sure about the three wolves, but I have no doubt Kath is one and it seems that we could gather enough support to get at least her lynched today.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:10 AM   #353
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Cailin:
I am not 100% sure about the three wolves, but I have no doubt Kath is one and it seems that we could gather enough support to get at least her lynched today.
Ah, but what if you're wrong?

Looking over yesterday's words, Kath may very well be a wolf. She switched for me to Wayne directly after my defence...being pretty much the leader of everyone at this point, she changed half the people's votes from me to him. If she was a wolf, she probably figured that it would be better to lynch Wayne yesterday and get me today. You see, we're both innocents in her eyes. But I'm questionable. Far, far more questionable than Wayne. Therefore, if she could get Wayne lynched and let me last the night, the villagers might just decide to carry out her former plan of killing me. That being done, the wolves would win.

But that's all only speculation. I have no idea if that's what she really had in mind, though being smart, she may well have done just that.

What I want to know is - Where are Kath and Menel now? Why haven't they said anything yet today? Is too much at stake right now for them to talk? It hasn't been like either one to remain silent these past few days, why now?

P'raps we should write our suspects in lists from most suspected to least, like Kath suggested yesterday.

-- Folwren
Old 09-14-2005, 11:26 AM   #354
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

What I want to know is - Where are Kath and Menel now?
Probably school, work

Suspect List
Kath
Shelob
Meneltarmacil
Cailín
Folwren
wilwarin538
Old 09-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #355
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Ah, but what if you're wrong?
As I implied before, I don't really care if I'm wrong. All I know is that if we don't get Kath lynched today, we will doubt her tomorrow and the day after and the day after and as the wolves have showed us before - best to kill the smart, loud ones first.

I'm very interested in what she has to say but I don't think anything can make me change my position. Too often have I trusted others and all those times, those others turned out to be wrong - and so was I. Right now I'm going with me alone *selfish*.

I know you don't trust me, Folwren, at least, that's what I read between the lines. Maybe it is enough, for now, that I do trust you.

My suspect list is similar to Holby's, but of course, I trust me more.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #356
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Yes, I was in fact at school today, and just got in the door.

Anyhow, I am not sure who to lynch toDay, mostly because I really cannot be sure who the Wolves are. I mean, voting for who I thought was guilty was fine in the past, but now the lives of everybody in this town depend on who dies toDay.

That having been said, my main suspects would probably be Kath, Folwren, and Shelob, though as I said I cannot be sure. Anybody could be a wolf, actually.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:13 PM   #357
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

This is going to be hard day voting. We have approximately four hours and nineteen minutes left.

I don't know who I am yet going to vote for. You see, I don't fully trust Holby, but then I don't fully trust Menel, Shelob, or Kath, either, who are on the top of Holby's list...and whoever we kill today has to be wolvish, or we're done for. Holby's been very, astonishingly nice to me today, so it's kind of mean to say that I still doubt her, but what can a chap do in a game like this?

Time left, four hours and seventeen minutes.

-- Folwren
Old 09-14-2005, 02:02 PM   #358
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have to vote now or never....

++KATH

P.S. Wilwa, will you please come get your butterflies out of my tummy!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:20 PM   #359
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

But they aren't in your tummy, they're in mine.

++KATH
Old 09-14-2005, 02:29 PM   #360
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, given all that's been said. Most especially those two votes. I shall vote

++KATH

I just hope we're right.