The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-24-2002, 06:46 PM   #41
NazgulNumberTen
Shade of Carn Dûm

NazgulNumberTen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to NazgulNumberTen
The Eye

Well if you can't see past the cussing to the deeper humor inside, don't watch south park.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:49 PM   #42
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

I thought that episode was hilarious. I mean come on Cartman dressed up as Gandalf...who would've seen that coming?
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 07:04 PM   #43
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

burrahobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I did. Like 2 years ago.
Old 11-24-2002, 09:28 PM   #44
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

NN10, that'd probably be true but you don't know the kids in my house. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] They're very innocent, and are quite offended by bad language when it does come up. I try to be sensitive to their needs, and therefore didn't watch that episode of SP, though I rather wanted to. At first. And I agree with Demloth...though cursing doesn't much offend me, if it did bother me, I wouldn't want to expose myself to more just because I "wouldn't be learning any new words."

~*~Orual~*~

PS: I wasn't trying to quote anybody here just then, just quoting in general. I know, probably a misuse of quotation marks, but give me a break, it's late again.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:27 PM   #45
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Demloth of Dol Amroth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

you're not listening, NN10. i'm sure there is some sort of deep humor in there, but it's pretty deeply in then. and i don't feel like getting out my spade and digging for it either. it's not that i instantly shriek in terror if someone utters a cuss, but i will not willingly subject myself to it.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:35 PM   #46
Tarthang
Wight

Tarthang has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I saw it. I thought it was pretty good as far as poking fun at the current pop culture surrounding PJ's films. Anyone who thinks the episode makes mockery of JRRT's works is missing the point of the show in general, which mocks and makes fun of various aspects of pop culture and social issues, albeit a bit crudely.
Tarthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 04:53 PM   #47
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

I'm sorry Saint Orual! I find cussing extremely funny! I had no idea how much you had against it. I'm glad you didn't watch, if you think cussing is bad...well, let's just say it had "suggestive themes" like they say on the backs of movies. You would be raging ten times as much as before! Thanx NN10 for covering my a**! That was especially for you Orual! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 04:58 PM   #48
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

burrahobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You are droll.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:01 PM   #49
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Ooo, thank ye! Pretty word 'droll'. Uh huh. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I did like that post! hehe
OI! I'm a Wight! OI! OI! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ November 27, 2002: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 11-27-2002, 09:26 PM   #50
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If you'll recall, Durelin, I said this:

Quote:
though cursing doesn't much offend me
Like I said, cursing doesn't offend me. I love Douglas Adams, and have you READ any of his stuff? He flings around the "f" word like nobody's business. Look, maybe you ought to read the posts better. I really don't want to let this argument get to me, so if you wouldn't mind toning it down...? I'm just trying to say that Demloth has a point. You shouldn't have to watch anything that makes you uncomfortable just because you won't learn anything new.

Sex offends me more than cursing, so if it gets very much racier than I'm glad you warned me. No, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm serious. Drew Barrymore's comment about what "second base" meant in "Riding in Cars with Boys" made me blush. (Yeah, I'm that bad!) So please, I'm not trying to get anybody angry with me or get angry with anybody, please extend me the same courtesy.

~*~Orual~*~
Old 11-27-2002, 09:56 PM   #51
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Sting

Durelin, your character qualities remind me of William Lloyd Garrison. i will say no more. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2002, 03:39 PM   #52
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Sorry Orual! I was just giving you a hard time! I'm glad you feel uncomfortable around that sh*t, I mean we need more people to realize that stuff is sh*t and not watch it. I should cut back! hehe [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] OOOO! Thank you Demloth, had to search google to find out who he was! Sorry, I should have known, his name did ring a bell! Give me partial credit! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2002, 08:54 PM   #53
Nieninque
Haunting Spirit

Nieninque has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*cowers in a corner* Thank you burrahobbit for pointing out the references ^^

[ November 30, 2002: Message edited by: Nieninque ]
Nieninque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 03:17 AM   #54
Baran
Haunting Spirit

Baran has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I haven't got the time to read all this, so I'm only replying to the Topic post. Why should The lord of the ring be above parodies? If you don't like it don't whatch it, stop complaining.
Baran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 04:24 PM   #55
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Yay! Thankyou Baran! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] This is long, if I hadn't been reading this since there were only like 6 posts, I wouldn't have read it all either. It's amusing I guess, but it's pretty pointless (a lot of it is anyway, mainly my posts!) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2002, 12:49 AM   #56
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Sting

Quote:
I haven't got the time to read all this, so I'm only replying to the Topic post.
don't jump into the debate then.
Quote:
Why should The lord of the ring be above parodies?
it isn't-this example i just didn't particularly enjoy.
Quote:
If you don't like it don't whatch it, stop complaining.
i won't. i might still complain, but rather about things like the weather, or something.
don't run into a thread like this without READING it, or finding things out for yourself-i had to find this out the hard way.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:22 PM   #57
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Oh come ON Demloth! This thread isn't worth their time! I will say it! STOP COMPLAINING!!! you're like a little old fishwife! Kidding, that's just what my mom always says to me! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I extremely enjoyed this parody of LOTR and I won't stop until you do! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]