Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-30-2002, 07:34 PM   #641
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Stacey: Not right, eh...?
She glances over to where Rose is with Pio and Veritas. Suddenly, the mess left by the battle is cleared, and Stacey sees a pleased smile on Rose's face. She wonders what it's about....
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-30-2002, 07:38 PM   #642
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Just then, Sam and Primrose come up from where they had done their "Rabbit fixing", carrying a large pot between them. Both stop and stare a moment at the clean
condition of the feild.

Sam: Eh...Miss Stacey, what happened?

Stacey: I'm not sure, Sam. I'm going to go back and check on Frodo. You and Prim get that stew ready, will you? I can't remember the last time I ate....
She goes back to help Frodo.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-30-2002, 09:56 PM   #643
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm alright, Stacey. I just overdid it trying to chase after Rose. Not strong enough yet.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:02 PM   #644
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: Well, sir, if you're not strong enough, then I suggest you take my help anyway. Besides which, I'm bigger than you. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
With that she picks him up and carries him back to where they'd been sitting.
Jeez,she thinks,I think I've been hanging around Sam too long. Next I'll be calling him 'Mister Frodo......'
Old 05-31-2002, 03:23 AM   #645
Kettle of fish
Wight

Kettle of fish has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Ket jumped from plate to plate, rumaging amongst all the food, looking for its fish. To any bystander, it looked as though the kettle had gone beserk and was attacking the food.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:23 AM   #646
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rose noticed the Kettle. So she asked someone what it was about and they told her it was looking for it's fish.

"Oh." Rose said "Well then, I'll just help it out."Then in a whisper she said "Give the kettle it's fish."

Suddenly a bunch of fish appeared in front of the kettle.

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 05-31-2002, 04:30 AM   #647
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Then Rose saw how Stacy had to carry Frodo because the poor hobbit wasn't strong enough.
I wonder if I could give his strength back, thought Rose.

"Give Frodo Baggins his old strength." Rose wasn't sure if that would work or not. But she hoped so. She didn't want Frodo to be weak.

Then Rose smelt the coney stew Sam was now setting over a fire. She's eat when the stew was done. For now, she wanted to help more people. That's all she wanted with her new power. To help people.

But who knows what the REG wanted...........

Old 05-31-2002, 08:11 AM   #648
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"This will not go right, I don't know, but that REG, it's so dangerous, even Morgoth couldn't handle it perfectly, otherwise we wouldn't had been in the temple first." Said Veritas worried.

"Come, we must go and tell her that's not good to use it." Pio said and they walked over to Rose.

"Rose," began Veritas, "Don't you think that thing is ahm... dangerous?"

"Of course not, I help people," But Rose's voice sounded strange...
"REG, take Pio, Frodo and Veritas to the bar and give them a drink."

And then they were in the bar, with a big glass of coke.

"I decide that I hate REG's." Frodo growled.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:54 AM   #649
Ecthelion1

Sting

A mysterious figure enters the party field. He is robed in a long grey cloak and his face is obscured by a deep hood. A long sword hangs from his waist and he bears a pack.

Ignoring the curious stares of others, he traverses the field and enters the bar. Seizing a tankard filled with ale, he rests himself on a stool and turns to the other occupants of the room. An amused but muffled voice comes from the shadows of the hood. "Well met, my friendth. What newth from the void?"

Veritas, dubious of the newcomer's intentions, raises her staff and steps before the Hobbits. Birdland, Child of the Seventh Age and Piosenniel enter the room, glaring darkly at the stranger.

"Come now," he says. "I've heard this ith a party and all are welcome. I bear no ill will to any here. Indeed, I am told you are all heroeth. I am here for your tale. There is nothing mythterious about that."

Old 05-31-2002, 09:04 AM   #650
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"I decide that I hate REG's" Frodo growled.
And he was not necessarily ready to be on speaking terms with Rose. After the jewelry-pinching and now this REG bususness, he did not trudt her. Then the black-robed figure came in. Frodo was so startled he nearly fell off his chair. "Hmmmm....you don't sound evil." still not in good mood nor very trusting feeling, he said anyway "Welcome Ecthelion, I am a hobbit, Baggins is the name, Frodo Baggins.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:21 AM   #651
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Then welcome here, it are strangs times, we must not trust everybody." And Veritas gives Ecthelion a drink.

Pio walks towards him, "You must have travalled a long time." And she points to the bag, who seemed to be more full then it could be.

"I come from far." Ecthelion sais and drinks his ale. "Nothing is to far for someone who has a reason to go. My reason is the story."
Old 05-31-2002, 10:21 AM   #652
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio stepped over to the stranger in grey and looked him up and down. Her hand rested lightly on the grip of her sword, her eyes alert for any movements he made toward his sword.

His hands rested casually on the bar, one finger tracing designs on the side of his mug. He made no effort to reveal his face, but she could somehow sense him smiling.

'Mae govannen, stranger. We are all friends here, can you not reveal yourself to us? It would make for a more companionable time drinking.'

The grey-cloaked stranger said nothing but motioned for Pio to sit next to him.

She perched on the stool to his left and regarded him once again. Leaning in close to him she said in an undertone 'And how comes it that a stranger asks for news from the Void?'
Old 05-31-2002, 11:54 AM   #653
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child sat hidden, perched behind a large barrel of ale that sat upon the table. She had an extremely uncomfortable feeling in her stomach.

Rose Cotton was not acting normal, at least what passed as normal for Rose.

And Frodo? He normally did not extend himself to strangers he didn't know. Especially strangers in grey cloaks inquiring about the void. Frodo usually seemed to have a sixth sense when dealing with anything or anybody that was shady. Child hoped Sam would keep an eye on Frodo.

And Child simply did not trust that stranger. Who would want to know about the void? What possible good could such information be? Unless, unless...... that individual had some kind of inherent interest in very shady things floating around in the dead of night, and perhaps wanted to benefit in some way.

Child shook her head. She didn't like it at all!
Old 05-31-2002, 12:22 PM   #654
Ecthelion1

Sting

"Well now," he said. "Last week I was just walking along, very interested in this party that I had heard about when I was abruptly snatched up by ... something ... and suddenly found myself many leagues away in a strange city. Curious. You all wouldn't have any idea what could have done that do you?"

The group remained silent and some thought guiltily about the uses and abuses that the REG had been put to. But Piosenniel noted that the visitor was no longer lisping and moved her hand back to her hilts.

"After orienting myself, I made my way here. Quite a long journey really. On the way, the skies grew dark and a great clamour arose in the West; distant rumour of some great battle it seemed. Then the darkness passed and I continued my journey. Upon reaching these fields, I have heard many rumours... of the void and of Morgoth nearly being released. And so I asked, what news of the void?"

As he spoke, his bag slipped from his shoulder and its flap opened slightly. From within an odd glow emitted...

Old 05-31-2002, 12:31 PM   #655
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel gives a little wave to Ecthelion and goes over to the corner to pout because no one wanted to hear EITHER of her stories (Welcome to the BD, Ecthelion, by the way!)...

*Pouts...and drinks*
Old 05-31-2002, 12:40 PM   #656
Ecthelion1

Sting

Thank you kindly, VanimaEdhel. Perhaps there will be time for stories soon. Perhaps there will be time....

Old 05-31-2002, 12:55 PM   #657
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel bows to Ecthelion, feeling a strange loyalty and respect for him. She cannot figure out why...

She comes out of the corner and refills her ale mug, and sits next to Ecthelion.

"So, tell me of you, then," she says, quietly.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:00 PM   #658
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Celeaewen saw the kettle hopping along the table, attacking the food.
" Rosseil, is it me, or is that Kettle possesed?""
Rosseil shrugged " mmf. i funno. paf da miruvor"
Celeaewen was worried. Rosseil was usually the first to react ot unusual events. unless it was all in her head......
Old 05-31-2002, 01:15 PM   #659
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel looks at the kettle and jumps

"AIYA!" Menelduliniel shrieks, falling back into Elvish, "Mani naa tanya? (What is that?)"

She jumps from where she is sitting and eyes the kettle, suspiciously...
Old 05-31-2002, 01:43 PM   #660
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose was alittle hurt that no one trusted her with the REG. And Frodo was acting very cold towards her too. This and the fact that she couldn't find anyone to help made her very depressed. She saw a young hobbit and decided to have some fun.

"Hello." she said to the girl.
"Hi" the girl replyed.
"Do you like flowers?"
"Oh yes."
"I can do a magic trick with flowers. Watch. Give me the seed of a daffodil." the young hobbit was amazed when a seed apeared in Rose's hand. She planted it in the ground then said "Make the flower grow until it blossoms" Even Rose was astounded by the way the stem grew out of the ground and blossoms into a full flower. She liked it so much she repeted the prosses for awhile.

Then an idea came to Rose. She picked one of the flowers and summoned a Silmalarion book. She went over to Frodo and offered him the Gifts.

"Frodo. Please forgive me for the theft of the jewls. I want to be friends please don't be angry."

Old 05-31-2002, 01:48 PM   #661
Ecthelion1

Sting

Alarmed by the moving kettle, the mythterious stranger leaped up and unsheathed his sword. In the process, his bag fell to the floor and an open laptop fell out, its screen glowing in an ominous shade of green.

He stepped between the kettle and the guests brandishing his bright blade. In doing so he stood within a step of Rosa. Twirling abruptly, he snatched the REG from her nerveless hands and leaped behind the bar. His hood and cloak fell to the ground revealing the grim visage of...

Old 05-31-2002, 01:50 PM   #662
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

...Mithadan.
Old 05-31-2002, 02:01 PM   #663
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel looks on, very amused...and confused. Hey that rhymed!

She draws her knives and looks at the kettle as it starts twitching...
Old 05-31-2002, 02:02 PM   #664
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When Mithadan grabed the REG from Rose she grew angry.

"Give that back! It's mine now! She that it is smaller. I have tamed it."

" I don't know what has come over you but a little hobbit like yourself will not be able to take it."

When Rose spoke again her voice was strange even to herself."REG. Come to my side." the REG swooped through Mithadan's arms and landed in Rose's outstreched hand. "Take us to the forest." Then she was gone.

(BTW, my name is Rose not Rosa
And also: Wonderful entrance Mith)

Old 05-31-2002, 02:10 PM   #665
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When she apeared in the woods. Rose tried to think of a plan. It wouldn't be long until Mithadan was after her and soon the entire party would be too. But why didn't she just let Mithadan have it?
"I am yours" sayed the voice in her head. She reconized it as the one that had spoken to her before. It was the REG.

"But Mithadan is an administrator."

"I belong to you. You are the only one that can comand me."

"Why?"

"You will see." Rose was frightened. But she couldn't give up the REG.
Old 05-31-2002, 02:26 PM   #666
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Mithadan stood still for a moment, shocked by this turn of events. Then he rounded the bar once again and seized the fallen laptop. A map of the surrounding area appeared but he cursed quietly. Rose's (apologies, slippery fingers) location did not appear on it. He changed the view until the map showed a wider area. Then he zoomed in again and smiled grimly.

"She didn't specify what forest," he said. "She's in Fangorn."

He looked up at the group which had surrounded him bearing knives, bottles and chairs. Then he sheathed his sword.

"I would think that your little 'adventure' in the void would have convinced you that the REG is dangerous and now very unpredictable," he said drily. "Rose thinks that she controls it. Say rather that it now controls her. And who knows what mischief it will do. It nearly freed Morgoth... with a little help." He glared at the guests who now lowered their weapons and shuffled their feet sheepishly.

With a pointed look at Birdland, Piosenniel and Child, he continued. "I trust that you now believe me when I say it must be destroyed. You must follow Rose, find the REG and take it from her. It must be destroyed, not hidden. Do not be fooled by it. It is malfunctioning. It is no longer a tool for livening up a party. It is much more than that."

He handed the laptop to Birdland and smiled. "You did well in the encounter with Morgoth. You must find Rose. She will not trust me but she will trust you, her friends."

Piosenniel asked, "Will you not come with us?"

"No," responded Mithadan. "Not immediately anyway. I have an errand elsewhere which will likely consume several days. And as I said, she does not trust me. But you...all of you have grown. You are no longer newbies. You can do this task. But I am not saying I will not help. You may see me again ere the end."

He handed his pack and its contents to Child. "This may assist you," he said. "Now, I must go." With that, he walked from the room and, again, disappeared.
Old 05-31-2002, 02:30 PM   #667
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Erm...ummm...Mith: isn't there a "no new screen-names" unwritten rule? Oh well...haha.

She watches Rose struggle with Mithadan, very amused!
Old 05-31-2002, 03:18 PM   #668
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose had been wandering for awhile but couldn't figure out where she was. But she could now talk freely with the REG so she asked it.

"Tell me where we are."

"We are in the forest." it said in her head."Fangorn forest."

"What! I wanted to go to the forest around the party."

"You didn't say that. Besides, I wanted to come here."

"Why?"

"We have to get as far away from Mithadan as possible. And..we are also going to get the Ents on our side. You will talk to treebeard. Tell him that Mithadan and the others are going to burn Fangorn."

"No."

"Do it. If the Ents are on your side nothing will stop you."

"But Mithadan and the rest are my friends. Who knows what the Ents will do to them if I tell Treebeard that."

"They don't trust you. They don't matter anymore. Think! You could rule middle earth with me. And only me."

"No!!" Rose threw down the REG and brought out her sword. But suddenly it dissapeared from her hands and was replaced by the REG.

"You have no choice now."

Rose tried with all her might to fight off the REG but it overpowered her. It took control of her body and Rose's soul was trapped inside of her.

Then Rose spoke. They were words that were not hers. They belonged to the REG. It was speaking through her. Using her body like a puppit. Then it transported them to Treebeard's home.

Old 05-31-2002, 03:57 PM   #669
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Celeaewen watched all the events of the last page rather apprehensivly. she was NOT ready for another battle, with her wounded shoulder. then she saw Rose dissapear
" oh sh*t. Rosseil, am i imagining things, or did that hobbit just disapear?"
Rosseil shook her head. " no, no, she dissapeared" and went back to eating. Celeaewen was decidely wiered out. Rosseil was not reacting AT ALL to all these strange things. something was very, vey wrong........
Old 05-31-2002, 03:59 PM   #670
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam sat by the fire, watching the stew. Primrose came back to him with some spices that he needed.
Prim: Papa, isn't Miss Rose acting a tad odd?

Sam: *nods* She is, Tiny Rose, she is. *Looks around* Where did she go off to, any way?

Stacey: Have either of you seen Frodo? I'm afraid he's going to hurt himself if he dosen't get more rest. He's almost as stubborn as....*glances at Sam, a half-grin on her face...* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2002, 04:13 PM   #671
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child glanced about her. She could see that Birdland had Mith's laptop firmly tucked under her arm. It had fortunately been recharged and appeared to be acting in a somewhat normal fashion.

Child struggled with the backpack which Mith had given her. What in all of Mandos was this? It appeared to be very lumpy and Child swore she could see something moving inside of it.

"Don't be ridiculous," she told herself. "Even Mith wouldn't pull a trick like this"

Still, she was curious. She emptied out the contents of the backpack on the ground. Much of it seemed pretty regulation for someone going off on an adventure. There was a considerable stack of Lembas which took up a good portion of the backpack.

There were also several maps of Middle-earth. What was perhaps strange was that each map was from a different age.

"First age, second age, third age, fourth age", she counted.

She wasn't sure this was good. Either Mith knew a lot more than any of them, or else, he knew absolutely nothing and had no idea where they would end up. Neither prospect particularly pleased her.

"Let's see, a frying pan, two hobbit size daggers, a magic rope, a portable Elven bow with arrows, instructions for erecting an emergency shelter. Hmm, how long does he expect us to be gone?"

And then, she came to the second compartment and opened it very, very slowly. She looked deep inside it and to her shock saw a very, very small golden dragon. It really was tiny. In fact, the first thing Child thought was, "This must be a hobbit dragon. Even if it gets older and grows, I doubt it will get much bigger than my pony."

Suddenly the bottom of the backpack started to smoke. "Oh, bother," she thought, "This crazy little thing is puffing out smokerings. Who ever heard of a baby dragon with smokerings?"

The tiny dragon emerged from the pack. Its green eyes whirled and glowed. Child tried to place it on her shoulder but it didn't seem that it wanted to be tamed. In fact, it seemed quite independent.

It took off and flew above the heads of Birdland, Pio, and herself. But it stayed quite close to them and seemed to listen as they spoke.

Child turned to her companions. "You know I think we better do what Mith said and go get this REG. Do you want to let some of the others know so they can go with us, or not? Frodo, Sam, whatever. Or we could leave a note and let them follow if they want? What do you think?"

Suddenly from above their heads, the small golden dragon dipped down, laughed, and looked them right in the eye. He chortled, "
Whoever you bring, the important thing is the REG. And once you get it, then you can decide what to do with it."

Child scratched her head. She thought this dragon had belonged to Mith, but what he said made no sense if that was so. Perhaps, he had simply crawled into the pack.

The dragon continued, "By the way, my name is Angara. I come from Falas, but now I live in the Northern Waste."

"Falas," Child scratched her head. "That wis a coastal realm of the Grey-Elves where CCirdan the Shipwright had originally llived. I believe it sank underneath tthe sea with Bereliand several ages ago. Oh, dear, this doesn't sound good."
Old 05-31-2002, 04:30 PM   #672
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gimli drains his 3,452 mug.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:50 PM   #673
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose found Treebeard easily.

"Hoom" he said " Who might you be. Hm I remember your kind here. Your a hobbit. What brings you here Hoom?"

"Treebeard, I am Rose Cotton from the Shire.Trouble is about. There are those that come to burn down Fangorn."

"Hoom hoom burn it down? You are very hasty but yes that does call for haste. Who might these tree burners be? Hm"

"A man named Mithadan. He is leading a group of hobbits, elves, and other folk."

It took a while for Treebeard to reply.But then he picked up Rose and said "Come, we will get help." the REG's plan was working. The Ent's would distoy Mithadan and all the partyers. Then it would take over Middle Earth. And Rose was powerless to stop it.

Old 05-31-2002, 05:04 PM   #674
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel goes over, thinking maybe Gimli does have the idea right, after all!

She goes and joins him for more ale, and watches, apprehensively, ready to defend herself if necessary.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:58 PM   #675
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Gimli drains his 5,672nd mug.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:59 PM   #676
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

"Oy... I'm surprised you're still awake," says Ithaeliel, who has been observing from a distance but must be on her way.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:01 PM   #677
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo was having second thoughts about being so forward with the stranger. Rose cam over to apologise and he kissed her on the cheek. However, when the REG floated into Rose's hands and she disappeared he fell of his chair and fainted.....
Old 05-31-2002, 09:20 PM   #678
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam, out of the corner of his eye, sees Frodo fall.

Sam: Mister Frodo!

He leaves his daughter in the care of the pot and runs over.

Stacey, who had just come back to the field after having to go to another engagement, saw both Frodo falling and Sam running over.

Stacey: Not again..... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2002, 09:20 PM   #679
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Birdie was in the middle of a beautiful nap, after stuffing herself silly at the buffet, and downing a couple of three ales. (Sorry guys. I was sick as a dog for three days and my imagination buttons weren't working.)

Suddenly she was awakened abruptly by the startling re-appearance of Mithadan, who kicks her feet off the table.
"Oh, look who shows up NOW!. Mr. I'm-Number-Four-On-The-Board takes a 'vacation' just when Morgoth shows up."

"I purchased those tickets months in advance" he replied loftily. "Here. Take this." He shoves the suddenly resurrected laptop into Birdie's arms. "The party's not over yet, I'm afraid."

"Hey! How did you get this thing repaired so fast?

"Never mind that. Child and Pio will fill you in on the situation."

You know, when my PC went down, it took them two weeks to send a repair guy...uh, is that a kettle dancing on the table? Who turned on the REG?"

That is not an REG character. That is a newbie. Will you please listen! The REG should have been destroyed. It wasn't. Now you have to finish this job.

Mithadan swirls his cloak dramatically over his shoulders and stalks off muttering under his breath, "The trash can was right there! All they had to do was throw the REG into the trash can. But Noooo...they had to keep the thing and try to use it. You'd think they'd learn by now..."

Child and Pio come running up breathlessly. "Birdie, Rosie Cotton has stolen the REG and disappeared into the Fangorn Forest! We have to go after her, right now!"

"OK! OK! Hey, a little baby golden dragon. Awwww, he's sooooo cute! Yes he issums...come here, lil fellow..." Birdie reaches out and pats the dragon on the head. Then snatches her hand back immediately as the golden wyrmlette snaps viciously at her fingers.

"My name is Angara of the Northern Wastes, formerly of Falas," he states. "I am not a baby, thank you. And NOBODY pats me on the head!"

Mithadan had him in this pouch he gave us," said Child. "But I don't think he actually belongs to him." she finished doubtfully.

"Well, with that attitude, he should belong to Mith," grumbles Birdie. "I was just trying to be friendly!" Birdie scowls. Angara blows a smoke ring at her.

Birdie! Pay attention!" snaps Pio. "Rose has escaped to the Fangorn with the REG. We have to follow her and get it back. It's turned dangerous. The Barrow Downs itself could be threatened. Just think of the posters we'll get if that thing takes over the Downs!"

"We already have a dancing kettle."

"No, he's just a regular newbie. With some really interesting posts, so far...but never mind that!"

Birdie looks around the party. "Well, Gimli's 3,452 sheets to the wind. Don't know how much good he'll be. Where's Sam? He has a kinda thing for Rosie, doesn't he? Maybe he can talk some sense into her."

Child says, "Sam won't go without Frodo, and Frodo's still sick from his wounds."

"Now did he take ALL of the water from that phial like I told him?" Birdie huffs, "You know, you just can't stop taking that water when you start feeling a little better, you have to take the whole thing..."

"I don't know!" said Pio. "Listen, Rose is in Fangorn right now, OK? So Fangorn has Ents, Right. And what do Ents want?"

"Fertilizer?"

"Nooooo! Entwives! And who played an Entwife in the RPG room...?"

"Oh, I don't know if I can pull this off", Birdie protests.

"Sure you can!" exclaimed Child. "Treebeard and the gang haven't seen an Entwife in - what - 800 years? They'll be willing to believe anything in a birchbark skirt is an Entwife. You can do it, Birdie!"

"Oh, Alright" Birdie takes a deep breath and morphs into a 40-foot (approximately 12 meters) mulberry Entwife. "Well, how do I look"

Child and Pio tilt their heads and study Birdie critically. "She could use a little make-up." opined Pio.

"Oh, c'mon!"

"Can you do something with your leaves?" asked Child.

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]
Old 05-31-2002, 11:37 PM   #680
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Gimli drains his 9,765th mug.