User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2002, 05:13 AM   #281
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rûdhchamion felt an icy chill suddenly surround them. It was as if a blanket of ice was slowly being spread about them. He sharpened his senses, letting his mind reach out to whatever it was beyond the trees.
A deep foreboding began to grow in his mind, as once again the woods seem to come alive with creatures that were enemy to those of light.

He heard a faint hissing sound, Khelek heard it too it seemed. His fur bristled and a soft growl could be heard from him. Anarya was still, also listening. Shadowy figures seemed to form from beyond their left.

The dark elf swore softly under his breath. They were in a vulnerable spot. He quickly motioned for them towards a thrushwood. It could offer a cover and a way to retreat to the safety of the trees should the need come.

Just as they readied themselves, several more sounds came. And the sound of something huge crawling along the ground...
Old 07-19-2002, 12:46 PM   #282
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Gayahithwen awoke. She tried to move a bit and felt glad she could do so. What had happened? Oh, yeah, the wolf had.. attacked her and she had tried to hold it off, but hadn't succeeded.
Wait a minute.. Where am I? If the wolf won, aren't I supposed to be in the Halls of Mandos? And then, later on, possibly get reborn, right?
She opened her eyes and looked around. If this was the Halls of Mandos, some ents must recently have gotten angry at the ainur and tried to destroy it. It couldn't be this many dark trees in Valinor, could there? She smiled briefly and then slowly sat up. She heard voices talking in the background, but didn't really listen. Looking around, she found her knife and then, finally looked at the people talking. There were two elves, on of the pointing a bow towards the other, while questioning him. Behind the first elf there was some other guards aproaching. She stood up and brushed away some of the dirt from her clothes, before she opened her mouth and spoke:

"I do not know to whom of you I owe my life, but I am most deeply grateful."

The elf holding the bow nodded to her. She vaguely remembered him as a guard she saw sometimes, but she hadn't noticed his name. He opened his mouth to speak, but adressed his speech to the other elf, whom Gayahithwen hadn't really seen untill now. He had brown hair, was some inch shorter then herself and green, sad eyes. He was wearing a dark brown cloak - probably really good to hide in, if that was what he wanted.

"You do not speak as one of the loremasters, but you seem to speak the truth. I can see the girl, I can see the warg, yet, I feel something isn't right here.."
Old 07-19-2002, 05:43 PM   #283
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Anarya's chest churned with fear. She looked over at Taralphiel. The mortal was shaking. Anarya soon felt herself trembling with terror as she heard a sound that sent a shiver down her back.

Like something dragging its stomach along the ground like a snake would, except it sounded bigger than a regular snake, and seemed to be far more fearsome.

Rudhchamion motioned for them to ascend into the tree behind them. No one ignored the order. Taralphiel held Khelek in her lap, brandishing her dagger, while Rudhchamion and Anarya were on either side of her, their arrows drawn and taut upon the bow string.

Anarya gazed through the growing mist that had descended and shivered in the drawing cold.

She looked at her companions. Taralphiel was pale but had a courageous look upon her face. Anarya smiled at the mortal encouragingly. Khelek's ears twitched back and forth, nervous and alert. Rudhchamion seemed deep in some concentration of his own mind.

Then, the thing came into view...
Old 07-21-2002, 08:27 AM   #284
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Silmaril

Rudchamion ordered her into the tree and she complied. She tried to force herself not to shake as she lifted Khelek up. Once in the tree, she fumbled under her robes and found her knife.

It was a simple one, silver with the handle wrapped in leather, and small. It was easy to throw and was the one thing that provided her with food for all of her long journey. She remembered the kind peddlar that gave it to her for a very low price, considering it's worth :"I forsee you will need it in the future milady. May it bring you safety, though I would rather you never see danger" She thanked the old man and told him she would never forget his kindness...

The cold of the air almost froze the breath in her throat. She studied the ground, though her eyes did little service. She saw the elves and wolf pup react just as she saw a movement below. Both released arrows and a bloodchilling sound let out from the forest floor. Taralphiel poised her dagger but could not see enough to throw. Then she saw a faint movement, and took the chance. The dagger sped downward and she listened to see if it hit...

[ July 21, 2002: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 07-21-2002, 08:56 AM   #285
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

A large shadow loomed in the shadows of the trees. The forest menace could be felt around them. The dark elf kept alert, readying for the right time to attack.

Rûdhchamion wasn’t quite prepared for what appeared before him. A large reptile reared up, hissing from where they had been encamped moments before. The width of its body was as thick as the trunk of a large tree. Its large green and brown scales glistened, and the dark elf doubted if his stone-head arrows could penetrate it. Perhaps the elf maiden’s red-feathered arrows could. Its tongue flicked from its mouth, its long fangs dripping with venom. When the venom fell upon a plant, it shriveled up and withered.

The dark elf had encountered countless creatures, but this monster he had never seen before. He knew it was trying to locate them by their scent. He held his breath.

The giant snake suddenly turned its massive head in their direction, and the dark elf heard a gasp from one of his companions. He felt Khelek’s sudden fear, and sent a thought to calm the young wolf.

Keep calm. Do nothing rash!

Judging the distance to the next branch, he signaled for Anarya to stay put. Pointing to his eye, then to the gigantic snake, she knew he meant to aim for the eyes first. Rûdhchamion jumped swiftly to the branch of another tree. And as he had hoped, the monstrous snake headed his way.

He quickly secured his footing, and choosing one of the red-feathered arrows, aimed at the creature’s head. Anarya was able to release one of her arrows, hitting one eye at once. It turned towards the elf maiden, giving the dark elf the opportunity to shoot it in its other eye. He saw the girl throw a knife towards the snake.

In an unexpected move, the giant reptile lashed its tail towards the dark elf’s tree. The impact was strong enough to make him loose his footing.
Old 07-21-2002, 09:18 AM   #286
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya screamed as Rudhchamion fell forward, she heard her yell joined with Taralphiel's and Khelek's.

Rudhchamion slipped but before he could hit the ground he grabbed the branch where he had been sitting and swung his body over it.

The dark elf now safe, Anarya turned towards the creature once again. It hissed, its black forked toungue tasting the air. Anarya handed the mortal another dagger, for she had already thrown her other one.

"This time be more careful before you lose it," She said with a grin.

Khelek growled and squirmed in protest to Taralphiel's strong hold about his pure white body.

The creature recoiled in anger and set its surviving eye upon the small company. The color of it was dark and rich as the blood that flowed through Anarya's veins and pounded through her chest. It seemed to be boring into them like a knife, knowing their secrets and past.

It was cut off when suddenly a pearl handled dagger struck its eye. Orange ooze slipped out of the now empty eye socket. Anarya looked over at the mortal, she no longer held the dagger in her hand.

Anarya and Rudhchamion let a barrage of arrows fly until they had killed the creature. It moaned in death's final call then went limp, its head landing with a thud upon the ground, now wet with its blood.

Anarya looked over at the mortal who gave her a weary smile...
Old 07-21-2002, 10:14 AM   #287
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Khelek squirmed under Taralphiel's grasp, signaling her that he wanted down. She set the wolf pup gently down, and he staggered to greet Anarya and Rudhchamion. Anarya bent down and picked up the wolf pup, letting him lick her face.

"I only wish I could've helped in some manner," the wolf pup told Rudhchamion sadly. "I feel like dead weight. There's nothing I can do."

"You have done your share by alerting us, Khelek. WIthout your senses, we would have been caught unawares by that creature," Rudhchamion ansered.
Old 07-21-2002, 09:30 PM   #288
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Silmaril

Amaryllis turned around and saw that Gaya wasn't with them.

"wait. Where's Gaya?" there was panic in her voice as her mind came upi with a thousand different possibilities of where gaya was and what had happened to her.

"We have to find her."
Old 07-22-2002, 04:26 AM   #289
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Taralphiel watched as her dagger hit the scaly body of what she now knew was a hideous snake. It's eyes seemed to bore into her, and while her fear made her shake, it's gazed also seemed to harden her resolve. She would not be useless in this fight.

Anarya strung another arrow as Rudchamion motioned for them to hit it in the eyes. As Anarya struck Rudchamion leapt to another branch. The snake lashed out clumsily, but still managed to shake the tree enough to make Rudchamion lose his footing. She cried out as he stumbled. She watched gracefully swing to safety and smiled. Aanrya aimed and put out its first eye then quickly handed her another dagger "This time be more careful before you lose it," She aimed for its other eye and threw. Seeing it hit she breathed relief as the elves finished the foul thing off.

In the fear of the fight, she had still not let go of Khelek. She heard a sudden voice cry out "Please! Let me down!". She let go of the pup in amazement and watched it run to the elves. She stood there watching them, and brooded over what Khelek had 'said' to her. Was she hearing things? She decided she must ask the elves about this. But later, this was not the time...
Old 07-22-2002, 10:46 PM   #290
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion smiled at the young wolf. The elf maiden held the pup in her arms as he licked her face, relieved that it was now safe. The dark elf looked up at the young half-elven girl. She had shown spirit, but he could not quite get used to trusting a mortal – even if she had elvenblood. He wondered if she knew of her elven heritage.

He walked over to where the fallen beast lay. He ran his hand over the creature’s body. Its hide would make an excellent armor, or shield of sorts. The dark elf took out his knife and began to skin the monstrous snake.

“What are you doing?” Anarya asked curious at what he was doing.

“We need some protective coverings… suitable armors, “ he replied. “The leather tunics we have will be no match for most darts and arrows. But this may give us some advantage.

Better get some rest. We must break camp soon after and be on our way.” He paused a few moments, and as Anarya was about to turn to Taralphiel he said suddenly, “the girl did well.”

The elf maiden smiled slightly. Khelek whined and jumped down, examining the dead snake.

Khelek, you did well. You will be a hunting wolf one day, but for now stay alive. Do not think that you are ever a weight upon our company wolf-pup, many times have you proven your worth. Rûdhchamion smiled and stopped a moment to scratch the white pup behind his ears. He then turned back to his work and continued skinning the huge reptile. He cut it into several large pieces, cloak-like.

“I’ve never seen a snake that huge before.” He heard Taralphiel say softly to Anarya. Khelek gave her a whine.

When the dark elf stood up, he saw that his companions were sitting expectantly waiting for him. He walked over to them and set down the bundle of skins next to his pack, he would prepare those later. It would need to be dried properly, smoking it would help – later when they camped in the night. Anarya handed him a waterskin, which he took gratefully, sipping a few drops.

“We’d best be off.”
Old 07-22-2002, 10:50 PM   #291
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rinurion frowned, hiding his surprise that the elf knew his name. Daegon? He was unsure who the elf was. It was not uncommon for them to know every single elf’s name, the woodland realm was a wide area to cover. But something in him told him to keep wary.

He saw the dead warg and noticed the girl sit up. "I do not know to whom of you I owe my life, but I am most deeply grateful."

He glanced quickly at her, but returned his gaze once more to the elf who called himself Daegon.

"You do not speak as one of the loremasters nor of the elven patrols known to me, but you seem to speak the truth. I can see the girl, I can see the warg, yet, I feel something isn't right here."

The other elves of his patrol stood with their bows ready as well. One of his companions asked him softly, “is something amiss here?”
Old 07-23-2002, 06:10 AM   #292
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Taralphiel followed behind the troop of elves and Khelek and began to wander about what was going on in the rest of middle earth. How her older sister and brother were doing, and if the town was safe. A daydream began to form in her head...

It was a place she had never been before, a dark and ominous clearing of trees. Shewandered in to see a young man sitting by a small fire, holding something in his had that glinted. A ring, silver, with small carved flowers on the top holding three milky blue stones. She let out a yell and ran towards Eriador.

She woke up to taste blood in her mouth and dirt in her face. She looked up to see where the elves were. They were not far off...
Old 07-23-2002, 10:13 AM   #293
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya looked squeamishly at the snake skins. They looked very slimy and uncomfortable, but it didn't seem that she had a choice in the matter. Rudhchamion seemed to have his mind set on using them and it was a good idea considering that they would need armor.

They walked for sometime, the sun getting lower and lower into the purple and pink stained horizon. Scenes like these made Anarya forget all the trouble that they had gone through. Beauty always made her forget that kind of stuff.

As they walked, Anarya noticed a thin bumpy line in the distance to the west. Deep blue in the hazy twilight.

"What is that?" She asked pointing in their direction.

"Those are the misty mountains," Rudhchamion answered.

"I had to travel through some of them," Khelek commented, looking over at them with a faraway look in his porceline blue eyes.

Taralphiel seemed quiet and deep in thought. Anarya smiled. She was probabaly day dreaming, she knew that look on her face. It was the same look Anarya had when her mind wandered off.

Twilight deepened into evening, and evening gently edged off into night. The company stopped in a little groove of aspen trees, their white bark glowing with the new born light of the stars shimmering overhead.

"We'll rest here for the night," Rudhchamion announced stopping.

Khelek laid down immeadiatly at Taralphiel's feet and began to close his eyes. In turn Taraphiel lay down, her head propped against a bed of grass, and began to fall into a mortal slumber. Anarya lay close to her companions, staring up into the deepening expanse of stars above her. When she finally fell into a state of elvish sleep, she could smell the dark, heavy scent of somthing being smoked. It was the snake skin...
Old 07-24-2002, 05:27 AM   #294
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Taralphiel caught up with her companions and dusted herself off. She still felt a little light headed. Once they got to camp she settled down to sleep with Khelek at her feet. She drifted again, back to where she had seen Eriador...

She ran towards him, not knowing if he would see her. He stared into the fire, his brown eyes filled with sorrow. He looked up and gave out a yell "Who is there?"

She stood in front of him and watched his face. He sat back down, staring at the ring. She crouchd near him and put her hand on his face, but he felt nothing. With tears in her eyes, she listened to him speak,

"I keep thinking it's you Taralphiel. My heart weeps"
"This place is so dark and cold. The Dark forces are here, and close by. I sense them. The Rohirrim will not like this. I promise you Taralphiel, when I see you again, I will tell you everything, the reason Im here, all of this business"

He placed the ring in his pocket and took out a knife. He walked over to a tree stump and carved an elven rune into the wood before heading back to the fire.

Taralphiel woke to find Khelek still at her feet asleep. Rudchamion was standing watch and turned to her and asked if she was well. She nodded before he said...

[ July 24, 2002: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 07-24-2002, 07:40 PM   #295
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Leighlei has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Leighlei
Silmaril

"Oh yes, let's go back in the woods and, you know, GET EATEN!" She sighed. She wasn't frightened, she just was really tired of this whole ordeal. "I mean, she's probably right behind us.. somewhere...."
Old 07-25-2002, 08:57 AM   #296
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

White-Hand

They both stood looking around them for a moment.

"Yep, right behind us. Maybe she's just invisible."

Amaryllis started back towards the forest to look for Gaya again. maybe she could convince them to let her stay there for a day or two if she promised to be very careful and stay in a safe part of the forest.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:19 PM   #297
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Amaryllis..." Sauche narrowed her eyes. "FINE! But stay a few steps behind me, allright?" She quickened her pace until she was a few steps ahead of the maiden. "...So just, calm down..."
Old 07-25-2002, 02:40 PM   #298
Gayahithwen
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Daegon sighted when the girl spoke. Hopefully that would do some good. He opened his mouth to speak, when Rinurion spoke, telling him that he still didn't trust him. Lowering his hand an inch or two, Daegon answered him.

"I do not wish to flatter you, but the reason I remembered your name was that you was one of the most skilled archers last time I went to the castle to speak with the king. Having one of your arrows pointed towards my head makes me remember your name.

"I promise you that I am a guard of Mirkwood, usually in a district quite far away from here. Will you believe me and lower your weapon?"

Some of the guards lowered their weapons a bit, but Rinurion stood still, seemingly thinking. The girl moved behind him.

"Is it you who saved me then? When wakening here, I thought I ought to be in the Halls of Mandos. Opening my eyes, I was surprised by how much wood there was inside the Halls."

Daegon smiled a bit, as did Rinurion, who quickly tried to get his face back in order.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:15 PM   #299
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Boots

Amaryllis took deliberately slow steps to become further behind Sauche as they looked for Gaya. She looked at bushes to find any tracks of anyone being through the woods.

"Look! Broken twigs!" She exclaimed, calling Sauche over. "Oh! and footprints!"
Old 07-26-2002, 06:18 AM   #300
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion turned as the girl stirred from her sleep. Khelek was next to her. He glanced at Anarya who was also resting. He was busy smoking the skins he had gotten from the monster of a snake they’d fought earlier. Smoking them would toughen it further, so they could use it for armor. He got his light pack and looked for a needle.

“What is it?” He said, but the girl went back to sleep.

He smiled slightly. He looked towards the darkness of night, several stars winked down, though the gray clouds threatened to cover the black sky. The dark elf turned slightly towards the western horizon before he gazed towards south.

He began to work on the skin he deemed ready and began to “sew” and shape it to his need. But he kept alert for anymore surprises, keeping his short sword near his reach. He continued to keep watch and work until the horizon began to change hue.
Old 07-26-2002, 03:04 PM   #301
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek opened an eye when he felt warmth on his back. Clouds partly obscurred the sun, and the smell of rain soon to come hung dense in the air, but the sun cast a few of her rays to the ground. Rudhchamion was watching the sunrise after a dutiful night. The pile of snakeskin was stretched over the ground near him, and the fire was burning low. The wolf pup arose, careful not to stir Taralphiel, and sat down next to Rudhchamion.

"We should find some cover after the human wakes up," Khelek said, inhaling deeply the cool air.

"I was thinking about that. The woods may provide some cover from the weather, but our provisions are quite low," Rudhchamion answered, scanning the surroundings. "And it will be difficult to hunt in such weather." The Elf and wolf pup continued their watch.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:46 AM   #302
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Taralphiel drifts back to sleep and back to the same dream.

She looks around Eriador's campsite. She wandered into the forest. The branches moved by her face faster and faster and she began to feel dizzy. Soon she could see dark mountains and a mist that cluded all her senses...

She saw foul creatures, indescribable and gave out a shriek of horror. The last image she saw was an eye, blood red. It was surounded with flames and it seemed to bore into her heart.... "Help me!!!!" she screamed...

She woke up to see the group staring at her in astonishment...
Old 07-29-2002, 02:37 PM   #303
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya looked at the mortal. She tossed and turned in her sleep, restless and uneasy. She suddenly sat up and screamed, sending a shiver down her spine. Taralphiel sat, sweating and shaking.

"Are you alright?" Anarya asked looking at the mortal curiously.

"Yes," Taralphiel panted, "I'm fine,"

Anarya looked over at the snake skin pile nearby the fire. Rudhchamion must have finished them in the night. Khelek sat next to Rudhchamion.

"Well," Anarya started, breaking the silence, "Where are we off to now? In what direction I mean, I know our destination."
Old 07-30-2002, 06:16 PM   #304
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

"Really?" She hurried over to her friend and knelt, running a hand along the ground. "They're pretty new..."
Old 07-31-2002, 04:42 PM   #305
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

"Let's follow them!!!! Can we can we can we?"

Amaryllis bounced up and down. She loved following tracks almost as much as walking around town all day and talking to all her friends.

She bounded off in the direction the tracks were going without waiting for Sauche
Old 07-31-2002, 11:24 PM   #306
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rinurion held his amusement of the kitchen elf in check. He lowered his bow slightly, but kept wary of the elf Daegon.

"Daegon? I thought you missing or dead," said one of the elves in Rinurion's patrol.

The tall elf glanced back to the one who had spoken. "You know him?"

"Yes. He was in the patrol assigned to patrol the southern border of Greenwood, the same as one of my brother. But it was said that after they was attacked, no one knew of their fate."

To this the tall elf frowned slightly. Daegon was of the realm and he had saved another's life. Still, something gnawed at the back of his mind and he could not shake of his uneasy feeling.

Gayahithwen smiled at him as the male elf nodded. He grew curious of the elf's story... where had he been?
Old 07-31-2002, 11:26 PM   #307
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion smile slightly at Anarya's question. He took one of the skins he had been working on and tried it on. It was a snug fit, but it allowed him to move freely. The "armor" covered most of the torso area but did not obstruct him. He nodded satisfactorily of his handiwork, it was crude, but it would do. he looked up to see the two maidens eyeing him with a skeptical look.

"It would be best that we forage what we can along the way. When the rain comes, we better have shelter as well. But first, let us break our fast and be on our way towards Dol Goldur."

He handed Anarya one of the skins. "See if it fits well. It should not hinder your movements. The skin is quite tough, my needle nearly broke sewing them..." He handed the other to Taralphiel.

"Can you detect any nearby game Khelek? We shall have to look for a stream or river and try our luck in fishing if none can be found.

Come, we forage or hunt if the opportunity rises."
He smiled ath the young wolf, to the other two he said, "Wait awhile... we will be gone but a moment and not too far."

The dark elf taking a waterskin along, left with the white pup at his side. They were back after a moment with a large fowl. Rûdhchamion scratched the young wolf who had a proud grin on his face.

"You'll be quite a hunter someday, pup," the dark elf said. They began to prepare and cook the bird.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:21 PM   #308
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Daegon sighted, when thinking about those events. He closed his eyes hard, overwhelmed by bad memories, then looked up again.

"Yes, we was attacked.. some were killed and some was captured.. Myself, I managed to slip away from them, to my big embarrasment, since nobody else managed to do that."

He didn't tell them that the reason he had run away was because of concern about his sister, who he thought was in their home not too far away from there. He had felt embarrased because of deserting his friends in battle, but seeing as they was losing, he did not want anything to happen to his siter. When he had come back, their home had been all ruined and his sister gone. Furious, he had tracked the footsteps, which he allready knew was from the orcs. He had went up there and talked with the leader..
Daegon stopped thinking and tried to come up with some way to continiue his story. He couldn't tell these elves the truth, or his sister would never be free.

"After that, I've tried to find some people who could help me.. After all, they were not that many and.. I think we could handle them with a small band of elves. The reason they was winning was that they caught us with surprise, just when we was packing up our camp."

He went silent, not telling them that they hadn't at all been caught of guard, but outnumbered by all the orcs. The elves had managed to kill quite alot of them, though.. and had lost some of their own while doing it.

Rinurion made a sign to him that he could take down his hands and then looked at the others. Daegon looked over at Gaya, when he heard a noise of girls voices, not too far away.
Old 08-03-2002, 06:55 AM   #309
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Taralphiel watched Rudchamion cook the bird they had caught and praise Khelek on his skill. She smiled. The skin fit her very well and she was glad for some extra warmth.She thought about her dreams and visions and thought about why she, of all people, would have them. She remebered the eye with the most clarity. She began to get the picture of it in her mind, burning.

She tried to clear her mind but it would not go. She began to feel dizzy as she heard words 'Your journey is futile. Turn back or suffer'. She fell forward and saw no more.
Old 08-04-2002, 02:59 PM   #310
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek's ears perked up at the sudden movement and he looked back in time to see Taralphiel fall, as if she had gone unconscious. The pup tagged behind Rudhchamion and Anarya as they inspected the human.

"Are you alright?" Khelek whined, worried.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:58 PM   #311
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Shield

Amaryllis burst in on the group of elves and stopped dead in her tracks. Everyone looked straight at her and all she could do was stand there and stare. Finally, she managed to look around to see Gaya.

"We were looking for you Gaya," she stammered.

She had seen most of these elves before but that one standing in the middle was one she had not seen. In truth, he was kind of scary. She stepped to Gaya's side but kept a wary eye on the elf.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:50 AM   #312
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rinurion was still not completely at ease. But since he could not think of any offense the stranger had done he unnotched his bow. He looked at the female elves that had just arrived.

He looked curiously at the approaching fingure of the "wild" elf, or so had she been branded. Even if she was now accepted into the fold's of the elvenking, her brash manner was the one thing that often singled her out. Whether at the training grounds, or at the halls.

The one that came before her he knew as Amaryllis. Her beauty was well known among his comrade... as well as her recent loss.

"Aglavin, lead the rest of the patrol back. Bring news to the court of the draug's attack . I will follow a bit later."

Slinging his bow across his back, he took out some herbs from his pouch and approached the kitchen elf. It seemed she was not seriously hurt. She took the athelas from him, smiling her thanks.

He stood back. "It would be best that we head back to the halls."
Old 08-07-2002, 05:01 AM   #313
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion and Anarya hurried to the young female's side. She seemed to have fainted, somewhat. Though he was puzzled to what had caused it. Khelek, too was concerned.

As she began to stir Anraya stroked her gently, a worried look on her face.

"What is wrong? Are you ill?" She asked.

"N-no, I'm f-fine. I-", the girl answered dazed, and a bit disoriented.

The dark elf looked on. He felt something was amiss. Though he knew she hid no secrets, there was something about this meeting that seemed a part of his fate. A premonition, if one could call it that. He had tried not to be overly worried about their journey. But now it seemed more was at stake than his need for vengeance.

It seemed as they approached Dol Guldur, he felt he was drawn to it. That he could not ignore the path he had chosen, nor did he have any choice.

He looked up and saw the rainclouds gathering.

"We must find shelter from the storm."
Old 08-07-2002, 05:46 AM   #314
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Taralphiel walked to where Rudchamion had found shelter under an overhanging of a cliff. Water streamed down as they huddled away from the cold. She spoke up
"Is there such thing as a visionary?"
The elves looked at her and Khelek pricked up his ears
"Is this brought about by your fainting perhaps?" Rudchamion looked at her and she nodded
"I saw some evil things. They froze me to the bone. And this eye..."
She put her hand to her throat as if she was having trouble breathing. Anarya quickly spoke
"An eye? What did it look like?"
"Covered in flames" she breathed, shivering "It looked right into my soul. It told me this journey was futile? What...who...was it? Do you know?"
"Yes we do" said Rudchamion gravely "And it is a thing that I fear to speak of. A thing that has brought much suffering to us all, and much fear..."
The group sat in silence
"It may be that you do have a talent for such things Taralphiel" he said "And if you will, I would ask you to recount this vision in full"
She went into the description, and Rudchamion pondered on it, his grey eyes fixed on the rain cascading down before he spoke
"I suggest you all get some rest. I shall take watch while I think on these things"
With that Taralphiel rested her head on her bag and closed her eyes.

[ August 07, 2002: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 08-07-2002, 10:44 AM   #315
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek curled up next to Anarya, whining anxiously, his large eyes wide-awake with fear. As they neared Dol Goldur, the uneasiness grew, and a sickly shadow hung over the southern part of Mirkwood.

"I don't like it here. It's too quiet. And a growing dread is ever in my mind," Khelek told Rudhchamion, more to have someone to talk to him than to soothe his fears.
Old 08-09-2002, 07:13 AM   #316
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion looked at the dark forest in deep thought. The half elven girl was a puzzle to him. he wondered once more what they were all going to... and to what end.

He suddenly sensed Khelek's uneasiness. Something was disturbing the young wolf. The dark elf peered intensely into the darkness, using his keen senses to detect any danger about them.

The woods were silent except for the steady rhythm of the rain. The forest was hazy in the downpour. The elf stayed wary, their bows would be useless in the rain should they be attacked. He placed his sword near him.

"Easy Khelek. What is it you sense?"
Old 08-09-2002, 09:55 AM   #317
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya stroked the uneasy pup's white fur. Fear was beginning to coarse through her body. She began to feel sick with dread. The pup had a sixth sense about things and if he was fretting about something you knew it was bad.

She looked over at Taraphiel, wondering if she should wake the girl from sleep, just in case something happened.

"Easy Khelek. What is it you sense?" Rudhchamion asked the pup snuggled under Anarya's arm.

Khelek whimpered a bit before answering, his breathing was shaky beneath Anarya's arm...
Old 08-14-2002, 11:19 AM   #318
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Gayahithwen smiled when she saw Amaryllis and Sauche, hugging them both tightly and at the same time noticing that Amaryllis didn't seem as depressed as earlier. The guard, Rinurion, had sent away his people, now only him, the girls and Daegon being left.

"It would be best that we head back to the halls."

Gaya let go of Amaryllis and Sauche and looked over at Daegon. He seemed shocked. He opened his mouth, shut it and opened it again.

"Bu-but I have to do something NOW, or else the orcs will get away with my friends! They are probably almost out of Mirkwood by now!"

With that, he turned around and started to halfrun through the forest. Gayahithwen sighted.

"Do I recognize this behavior or not?" She asked, glancing at Amaryllis. "And now, we will all run after him for a while, untill he gets sane enough to talk with. Hopefully."

Dragging Sauche and Amaryllis with her, she began to run after him. She wasn't sure what Rinurion was doing, but hopefully he was coming after them. After all, there could be more draugs nearby.
Old 08-14-2002, 07:59 PM   #319
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Boots

Amaryllis rolled her eyes but started after Daegon. She was running with the others as she jumped over twigs and stumps. She could hear the birds in the trees above and she was nearly distracted by one flying by her. Her long hair whipped in the wind and she struggled to tie it back somehow wihle still running. They ran deeper and deeper into the woods but Daegon showed no signs of stopping any time soon.

"Are you sure he's going to stop? Maybe he'll just run forever," She managed to get out between breaths. "I don't know how much longer I can keep up."
Old 08-16-2002, 03:48 PM   #320
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

"Leave this to me." Sauche said, with one mighty jump, she was in the trees, and she ran along the sturdy lower bows as surely as if they were solid ground. Then, suddenly she flung herself down at their query, grabbing him in a tackle.
((ooc- sorry so short... very depressed. so...yeah))