The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2002, 10:12 PM   #41
cute_chick2157

Silmaril

I've seen FotR 3 times now, once on opening day, once with another obsessed friend, and once with my Dad, brother and a friend. I'm planning to go again when the TTT trailers come out. <P>There are only a few things I have a problem with though ... 1. Tom got cut out I was looking forward to seeing Tom. And 2 in the final shot of Frodo standing on the shores of the Anduin he is crying and remembering what Gandalf said to him earlier in the movie, in one shot the tear on his left cheek is farther down his face than the tear on his right cheek, then in the next shot it is opposite. Its not that this bothers me, it's just something that I noticed the first time I saw it.<P>Did anyone see the trolls (from The Hobbit, turned to stone) in the background of one of the scenes?
Old 01-10-2002, 11:18 AM   #42
dernhelm
Animated Skeleton

dernhelm has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've seen the movie 3 times so far!
Old 01-10-2002, 11:57 AM   #43
Telgaladiel
Pile O'Bones

Telgaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Telgaladiel
Silmaril

I've seen it three times, and have made plans for after break to go see it at school with three different friends and my roomate!<P>Oh wait, am I supposed to buy my schoolbooks with my movie money? ah...

"I don't think so."
Telgaladiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 12:16 PM   #44
Enkanowen
Haunting Spirit

Enkanowen has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Now I've seen it 4 times and going for the 5th probably this weekend! It just doesnt get boring and I love the soundtrack
Enkanowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 12:14 AM   #45
Baillie From Bree

Sting

Ten.<P>Someone on the TolkienMovies board says 27, I think it was.
Old 01-12-2002, 05:43 AM   #46
Erulasto
Pile O'Bones

Erulasto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by zifnab:<BR><STRONG>I wonder what they'll do with all the left over money(If there is such a thing as that in Hollywood).</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nope, there isn't such a thing in Hollywood They made the movie to make profit, after all, and that's a good thing... maybe they'll make a Hobbit movie though. The Battle of Five Armies should look great.
Old 01-12-2002, 06:10 AM   #47
northernlight
Pile O'Bones

northernlight has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i've seen it 3 times...and i pick up on something new every time! i just saw it a few hours ago...wait, i should say last night now!...and it was just as good as the first time i'm so giddy after seeing it again that i'm still wide awake at 7am even after getting home at 11:30...all my friends think i'm crazy for seeing a movie in the theatre more than once or twice...even my friends who have read the book and have seen the movie w/me...i dunno though, i'd go to the theatre and see it right now if i could!<P>'scuse the rambling...maybe i should say that my eyes are wide open but my brain is nodding off...*yawns*
Old 01-13-2002, 08:36 PM   #48
zifnab
Shade of Carn Dűm

zifnab has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Well I just saw it for the second time, and I beg of you people, to <B>NOT</B> bring an infant to see the movie!<P>
Old 01-14-2002, 02:32 AM   #49
Sindalómiel
Wight

Sindalómiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Sindalómiel
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by zifnab:<BR><STRONG>Well I just saw it for the second time, and I beg of you people, to <B>NOT</B> bring an infant to see the movie!<P> </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And don't bring annoying children who will spend the WHOLE movie saying things like "Who's that blonde guy?" "Why are the hobbits so little?" "OOOOHHHH!!!! Look! Maybe they're scared of water!" "What's that big black firey thing?" GGGGRRRRR! I was about ready to tell the kid's parents to gag him or something, he really made it hard to watch the movie. <P>Ok, that's my little rant over and done with. Just felt I had to vent.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:09 PM   #50
Snowflake
Pile O'Bones

Snowflake has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Snowflake
Sting

I just went to see it for the third time, and I had 5 5 year olds sitting behind me!
Old 01-14-2002, 05:26 PM   #51
northernlight
Pile O'Bones

northernlight has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

the 1st time i saw it there were 2 or 3 8 year olds behind my mom and i and during the very last scene one of the girls leans over to her friend and says 'sam looks like your dad!' it was so cute <P>and the last time i saw it there was a kid down the row who kept pulling his straw through the top of his coke the whole time...it made that weird squeaking sound...ugh!! lol
Old 01-14-2002, 05:32 PM   #52
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dűm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lol! <BR>When I saw it a week or two ago the little kid in front of me was so scared during the Weathertop scene that he spat his coke all over his mother and started to wimper...
Old 01-14-2002, 07:16 PM   #53
Maltagaerion
Haunting Spirit

Maltagaerion has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Some parents just have no sense....like those parents who brought their little screaming kid when we went and saw Saving Private Ryan
Old 01-14-2002, 07:17 PM   #54
Maltagaerion
Haunting Spirit

Maltagaerion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

..oh and BTW I've seen it 3 times now
Old 01-14-2002, 09:35 PM   #55
Sindalómiel
Wight

Sindalómiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Sindalómiel
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by Maltagaerion:<BR><STRONG>Some parents just have no sense....like those parents who brought their little screaming kid when we went and saw Saving Private Ryan </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I went to see Series 7 last week at the Moonlight Cinema (for those who haven't heard of it, it's very violent. Basically it's about a reality TV show where you have to kill the other contestants, not just vote them off.) And these stupid parents took a baby and a 4 year old to see it. Hello? Things have R ratings for a REASON people.
Old 01-14-2002, 09:51 PM   #56
Durkriswen

Sting

Twice, going for three.