The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #561
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

When you change the words of nearly song you know so they're about Tolkien.

When you discuss High Kings of the Noldor with your little brother late on school nights instead of going to bed.

When you tell your brother "Mind the howling Sons of Fëanor" instead of "Goodnight."

When you boycott and want to sue Robert Jordan for copyright infringement because he plagerizes words from Tolkien, even though everybody tells you that you would never win.

When you have the Verse of the Rings and A! Elbereth Gilthoniel written out on your school binder. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

When you correct anyone who pronounces Sméagol like SMEE-gull instead of Smay-uh-gall. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

When you start reciting Sindarin poetry aloud so you don't have to listen to annoying people.

You can recite most of the dialog in FotR along with the soundtrack.

When your Social Studies teacher asks you to write about an example of a civil war, and you do the Kin-Strife.

When you have to write about your nicknames for Language Arts, and you put down Orominuialwen, Mûzklash the Mauler, and Thuringwethil.

When all your poetry is Tolkien-related.

When you want to take fencing and archery because you have a secret ambition to be a sheildmaiden.

When you make up skits showing the meeting of the movie Chicago and Morgoth, Gothmog, Treebeard, or the fighting Uruk Hai. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Whenyour school needs a new mascot and you consider suggesting the Fighting Uruk Hai as one (this was my aunt, not me).

That's all for now, although I'm sure I'll think of more later! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2003, 01:22 PM   #562
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Quote:
When the characters of LOTR Talk to you in your head...
Don't worry Elen Ilúvitauri, you're not mental! I have voices in my head too (heh. not like that means much)! His name is Erik (y'know... Erik... the Phantom of the Opera!!! Him! Surely you know who he is!). And my Muse lives in my head too. Her name's Serina. She's a ventriliquist. Like Erik. I'll shut up now.

Back on topic:

You know when it gets a little too quiet and you randomly shout things like "HAZMATS!!" (don't ask)? Well, the other day I was at my friend's sleepover and it was too quiet so I yelled, "Make Middle-Earth a friendlier place, hug a balrog today!" Weird looks. Then, "What? I am a man of yellow colors. Shhhh! They're watching us..." Even weirder looks. "Ummmm... I put the error in the word...um...TERROR!!!" After that, Serina told me to shut up. So did Erik. I did. For the time being.

"Monica," my friend asked, "are you sure that you're alright?"

And then I started singing. "It's creepy and it's kooky, mysterious and spooky, there's just one thing to do-ee...the ring must be destroyed!"

Y'know, I'm not too sure of my mental condition anymore...

*EDIT: I just realized that I narrate my own life in my head as it's happening. I creep myself out...

[ July 20, 2003: Message edited by: Eressië Ailin ]
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 01:35 PM   #563
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

When you finally find the recipe for Lembas and you make them right away even though it is 10:00 at night. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 02:28 PM   #564
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When you pronounce the world "celebrate" like "kelebrate".

Oh dear. I did that in my head as I was reading your post.

On copyright infringement - I thought Tolkien made up words, such as twain, an (for if) and thrall. I looked these up on dictionary.com and they are all actual historical words. So maybe he's not plagiarising.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 03:53 PM   #565
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
When you think you've seen an ent.
Dost thou doubt us, GWBS? I saw my ent (I call it "my ent" because that's the one that "I" saw) when I was camping a couple of weeks ago. And, yes, they look remarkably like walking trees...

Quote:
When you pronounce the world "celebrate" like "kelebrate".
I do that with every word that starts with a "c". [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2003, 05:31 PM   #566
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Quote:
OK, which of my school friends are you? I do all of them!
I'm the one with sort of chestnut-brown hair. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Not sure. The only way to know would be to ask which school you go to, which you don't have to answer if you wish to keep it a secret. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
When you pronounce the world "celebrate" like "kelebrate"
I should try that! It would be a sure way to recognize an obssessed Tolkien freak.

Quote:
Your IM backround and buddy icon are LOTR related
My buddy icon is Sam!!!!! *much grinning* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
When you want to take fencing and archery because you have a secret ambition to be a shieldmaiden.
I've always wanted to take up archery, fencing, and horse-riding...

Only one this time: You don't think you could truly be good friends with someone who doesn't appreciate Tolkien.

Okay, two: Almost all the gifts you give your friends for birthday, Christmas, etc, are LOTR-related (I've given copies of The Silmarillion, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, a glass goblet from Burger King with Frodo on it, two Cedco(r) daily LOTR calendars, and I think a bookmark).

Alright, last one: When you come to the Barrow-Downs almost every day! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:02 PM   #567
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Quote:
When the characters of LOTR Talk to you in your head...
And I thought I was the only one!

I saw an ent. Actually, I think it was an entwife. She was rather distant, but I would swear that I saw a tree-like figure bending over the plants in a gardenish spot. When I got there, she was gone, but there were strange impressions in the dirt.

On the subject of coming to the Downs every day, my parents have threatened to change my password so that I can't get on. Oh, the horror!

Quote:
I just realized that I narrate my own life in my head as it's happening. I creep myself out...
You do that too? Does it sound like a fantasy novel in your head as well?

When your best friend just looks at you and rolls her eyes when you start randomly listing all the types of arrows that are used in fantasy books and comparing them to each other.

When you make armor with said best friend. I'm so excited, my armor is almost finished!

[ July 20, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:59 AM   #568
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sting

Quote:
Alright, last one: When you come to the Barrow-Downs almost every day!
Almost? Almost? SINNER!

Duncariel, wherefore dost thou speak in olde English? Art thou one of the Noble Order of the Faeriewordweavers?
And, to be honest, I do doubt you. I believe ents did exist, but they have all died now. All of them have gone treeish or else went off into the west.
And everybody knows the entwives were captured and turned into trolls by Sauron. (Well, it's my opinion.)

When absolutely anything happens, you say "So it begins"
Old 07-21-2003, 02:49 PM   #569
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Sting

Or when you talk to the pictures on your lotr calendar, and they reply in your head.

GuiltyGuiltyGuilty of most of the things you have said, the rest I am going to do as soon as I get the chance!

Edit: oops, I forgot there was another page when I posted this. I was responding to Elen Iluvatari.

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: Elennar Starfire ]
Old 07-21-2003, 02:52 PM   #570
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I saw an Ent in my aunt's back yard (she lives in Freehold, New Jersey). It looked exactly like Treebeard, and I thought I saw it look at me!!!! It looked exactly like a walking tree with beady little eyes, that's all that I remember.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:43 PM   #571
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Quote:
Almost? Almost? SINNER!
Well, what am I to do if my parents won't let me get on every day? And I DO go on vacation (regrettably with no computer access). Yes, I know you were kidding. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2003, 07:12 PM   #572
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

And the same goes for me.

(Stop it, Luthien! Or I will have nothing to post!)
Old 07-21-2003, 07:47 PM   #573
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

So sorry! I suppose I shall have to restrain myself, and leave this thread. Except I love this thread, so I suppose I will just stay here and steal your posts. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Evil me. Very evil. Feel the evilness.

Old 07-21-2003, 08:58 PM   #574
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It is interesting to see that so many of you have seen Ents before! Good show, Tinuviel of Denton and Finwë (father of the Exploding Fire Elf! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) I, too, have seen an Ent in a dark forest very late at night. It looked at me, but that is about all it did. I knew it, and it knew me! It didn't say anything or do anything really, or perhaps it just did it very slowly, but it was most definitely an Ent!

Cheers,
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:29 PM   #575
Duncariel
Wight

Sting

Quote:
Duncariel, wherefore dost thou speak in olde English? Art thou one of the Noble Order of the Faeriewordweavers?
I often speak in words such as these, and am constantly threatened with a long and rather painful death at the hands of my consorts.

I suppose you have warrant to doubt, but as you see, I am not alone. Then again, I talk to the trees in my backyard, so maybe I AM alone.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:35 PM   #576
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

Ah, but you are not alone (cue Phantom of the Opera Overture). Lol, I talk to trees all the time. Actually, I tell them not to be so treeish... *walks off, murmering something about needing therapy*
Old 07-22-2003, 03:24 AM   #577
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

quote:

So do I! Very frustrating for my family and friends, but I can't help myself

You know when you're obsessed...
when all your computer passwords are lotr related... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I just saw an Ent walking past the window!
ok, now I really need help [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2003, 04:13 AM   #578
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sting

Quote:
when all your computer passwords are lotr related...
I never realised... but that is true! How scary.

You people must understand that ENTS ARE EXTINCT. Therefore, you cannot see them. You're probably seeing aroused Huorns in my opinion.
You have a bad effect on me... soon I'm gonna go into the nearby woods looking for a Huorn. That is scary.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:03 AM   #579
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When your parents can quote the movie: And they have never even seen it!

When you call your friend's grandma an elf just because she has a lot of trees around her house.

O btw, I've seen an ent at my friend's grandma's once. (Yup, the same friend's grandma!) I said "Hey, look at that!" (She didn't see anything.)

(I actually have used the clear rubberbands before! Hey! Don't laugh! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )

All my passwords are LOTR orriented too!!! This is freaky!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: Sirithheruwen ]
Old 07-22-2003, 01:00 PM   #580
Duncariel
Wight

Sting

Quote:
You people must understand that ENTS ARE EXTINCT
Are you sure? Although, I suppose that we may all be seeing huorns, or I'm just gone off my rocker, but it certainly looked like an ent.

Every time that I talk with someone on the net, my screen name is always Tolkien related. As is my e-mail, and my passwords, and everything else that I even look at...
Old 07-22-2003, 01:33 PM   #581
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ENTS ARE NOT EXTINCT!!!!!!!!!!! YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THIS PIECE OF INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!! I SAW ONE, AND MY DISTINCLY ANTI-LOTR BROTHER AGREED!!!!

~when you scrap your old e-mail address for a lotr related one. (not guilty, yet!)
~when every time you go on the internet, your brother goes, I bet I know which sites you'll be on, then recites them all perfectly.
~when your brother races you to the computer, and when he loses, he walks off muttering HP curses under his breath.

This is just an insight into the strange world of my brother.

Sorry I haven't posted for so long, my mum banned me from the computer and I couldn't find a way to sneak on that she hadn't thought of and prevented. Bummer! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 03:07 PM   #582
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
I just realized that I narrate my own life in my head as it's happening. I creep myself out...
I'm not the only on who does that! YAY! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I have not seen an ent (or huorn) yet, but I'm looking...

When you yell "Do the wave for Boromir the disco king" in your math class and get many wierd looks. (I got my friend to do the wave last weekend, even though she had no idea what I was talking about.)

Eressie Ailin: The Phantom talks to you??!!? I'm jealous!

I swear you are spying on me! All of you!
Old 07-22-2003, 03:29 PM   #583
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
You people must understand that ENTS ARE EXTINCT. Therefore, you cannot see them. You're probably seeing aroused Huorns in my opinion.
You have a bad effect on me... soon I'm gonna go into the nearby woods looking for a Huorn. That is scary.
Who is this who knows the unknowable? Ents and Huorns feel different from each other; it was an Ent, not a Huorn. I'd have been nervous if it were a Huorn! *note to self* must memorize that rhyme of Tom Bombadil's Frodo used in the barrow...*

Cheers,
Lyta
(in denial of denial)
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 03:36 PM   #584
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Well, I can't see where this post is going, because suddenly this page is blocked. So all you crazy obsessed people hurry and fill this page up so that I can read more.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:42 PM   #585
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
When you yell "Do the wave for Boromir the disco king"
I've meaning to do that for a long time (I followed that thread from page one, even though I contributed seldom), but I've never found the right time and place (ideally at a time when everyone will be creeped out).

-When your IM screename is your name in elvish (that's me! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) and everyone you give it to asks, "What does that mean?"

Old 07-23-2003, 10:04 AM   #586
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

Quote:
I've meaning to do that for a long time (I followed that thread from page one, even though I contributed seldom), but I've never found the right time and place (ideally at a time when everyone will be creeped out).
No matter when you do it, eveyone will be creeped out. Yu're not really supposed to think when you say it; you're just supposed say it. See, I didn't get much sleep for a loooong time while I was working on the loooong BDers sigs document. That explains why I start having spasms and yelling random sigs. All you have to do is spend a lot of time here, and it'll become natural for you to randomly yell random things such as, "SPOOK THE SPOOKISH SPOOKDOM TO SPOOK THE SPOOKED SPOOKERS!!!"
Old 07-23-2003, 10:53 AM   #587
Princess*Buttercup*Of*Rohan

Boots

hhmmmm ok heres one

-When you type out the road goes ever on in tolkien font then print it out and tape it around your doorway
-one of your "friends" calles you hermione and you get highly offended and think they can do no worse but then they say..why are you mad? she was in lord of the rings! and you dont speak to them for a week

thats all I can think of for now...it makes me sad that I have done most of the stuff in this list..yes sad but highly re-assured that i have people that are just like me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

.:*Buttercup*:.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:28 AM   #588
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Yay, I can see this thread again!

Buttercup, I don't blame you for not speaking to them for a week. They thought Hermione was in LotR!? Those poor ignorant souls.

When you spend so much time on the Downs that people who aren't in your family say "of course" when they ask what you're doing and you reply "I'm on the Downs." It's so much fun to make them roll their eyes like that.

When you can name all of the Tinuviel names that you've seen on the Downs at a moment's notices.

When after only one day helping out at VBS, people recognize you from your elvencloak. That made me very happy!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:54 AM   #589
Galenfea of Mirkwood.
Wight

Location: Road2Rivendell: 250miles (somewhere near Weathertop)
Galenfea of Mirkwood. has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

When you not only pronounce "celebrate" like "kelebrate" but start automatically thinking 'right, Celeb means Silver so what does Rate mean...'
Galenfea of Mirkwood. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 12:26 PM   #590
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
"SPOOK THE SPOOKISH SPOOKDOM TO SPOOK THE SPOOKED SPOOKERS!!!"
I yelled that at school once too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I love getting weird looks! But it's actually "Spook the spook of spookish spookdom..." You left out a spook.

Next year I probably will yell many more random sigs in the hall or in my classes. And on the first day I'm planning to go with pointed ears,(must get rubber cement or clear rubber bands....) elf hair, and possibly a shirt that says "Do the wave for Boromir the disco king!" What a great way to start high school! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2003, 12:56 PM   #591
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"SPOOK THE SPOOKISH SPOOKDOM TO SPOOK THE SPOOKED SPOOKERS!!!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I yelled that at school once too. I love getting weird looks! But it's actually "Spook the spook of spookish spookdom..." You left out a spook.
Really now? Last time I checked (which wsas like, over a month ago lol) that's all Rynaoh had... *looks it up* You're right... She *has* changed it...
Old 07-23-2003, 04:08 PM   #592
Duncariel
Wight

Sting

Ah! I've lost my post. A plague upon it.

I can't wait for the first day of school so that I can wear my cloak and show off my recently grown out hair. Woopee!
Old 07-23-2003, 05:41 PM   #593
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
I'm planning to go with pointed ears,(must get rubber cement or clear rubber bands....) elf hair, and possibly a shirt that says "Do the wave for Boromir the disco king!" What a great way to start high school!
I should do that too! Except at my school ninth grade is still junior high. Hated school... rats rats rats rats rats rats rats...

I love saying "Spook the spook of spookish spookdom to spook the spooked spookers" to people. Even random people. Except I have a friend who gets kind of annoyed when I do weird things like that because she says people will shun me. But how will I find a BDer if I act normal?

I just thought of another one: Not only have I written out Rynoah's sig on school papers, I once got really bored and wrote the second verse of "Sam's song in the Tower" (one of my favorite LOTR poems) out around the corners of my science notes, turning to a different corner for every line. I just found it again recently and it brought a grin to my face. (I just noticed! I'm a Shade! Yay! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

Old 07-23-2003, 10:39 PM   #594
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

bahaha today I bought a shirt with leggy on it and I was holding it up and displaying it for everyone (in the mall) I started to yell. "Do the wave for Boromir the disco king!" but I ended up laughing and all I got out was " do the wave!".... I still got some pretty strange looks.

I also tried to explain the barrowdowns to my friends and no one understood. They didn't know what a Forum and a thread was. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 10:50 AM   #595
Duncariel
Wight

Sting

Quote:
I once got really bored and wrote the second verse of "Sam's song in the Tower" (one of my favorite LOTR poems) out around the corners of my science notes, turning to a different corner for every line
I have done that! Only it was the Song of Luthien (or something like that, I can't find the name). I walked around Campus during a conference shouting it at the top of my lungs. If you want weird looks, that's a good way to get them.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:46 PM   #596
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Try walking around your school yelling the drinking song at the top of your lungs. Now THAT is guaranteed to get you strange looks, especially when you skip along the halls, arm in arm with your friends.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 12:53 PM   #597
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

The Lay of Leithien. Don't ask me why it's spelled that way, it's only a song about my tragically doomed romance...

Quote:
When all your computer passwords are LotR related...
*gasp* How did you know that? Are you spying on me?

Word of advice to all those people who are planning to wear a cloak to school: Don't. Unless you don't use a backpack because they are absolute he** to manage both cloak and backpack. I've tried it.

When you're looking forward to shouting "Do the wave for Boromir the Disco King" in the middle of your school lunchroom. (Crowded school lunchroom; there are 2500+ at my school...how fun to freak all of them out at the same time!)

Edit: How cool, Finwe! I'd do that, only I don't have any friends who'd be willing to do that with me... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 07-24-2003, 01:27 PM   #598
Duncariel
Wight

Sting

Quote:
The Lay of Leithien. Don't ask me why it's spelled that way, it's only a song about my tragically doomed romance
Does it start with "The leaves were long, the grass was green" ? I think that the Lay of Leithien is longer than the one I have memorized, either that or the one in the book is only a partial.

Edit: Hey, look! We have six pages now! Woopee!

[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: Duncariel ]
Old 07-24-2003, 02:09 PM   #599
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Try walking around your school yelling the drinking song at the top of your lungs. Now THAT is guaranteed to get you strange looks, especially when you skip along the halls, arm in arm with your friends.
Or in a grocery store, with elf hairdos. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Does it start with "The leaves were long, the grass was green" ?
No, thats the poem Gimli says about Moria.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:17 PM   #600
Duncariel
Wight

Sting

That was wonderfully smart, Elennar. In a sarcastic way, of course.