The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #3441
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
Okay. I don't know why this humoured me so much, but I really like Hookbill's signature. The fact that it says that he read it once somehow got to me...
Once was enough for me!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #3442
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Once was enough for me!
Oh, I'm sure. Because you never post on that thread.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #3443
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I love Glirdan's

It made me lol so hard my little sister thought I was going to die (not uncommon, but still!)
I do love my Glee!! And I am quite glad that you enjoyed it that much...although I don't see how you could die seeing as you're already a wight!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #3444
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
I do love my Glee!! And I am quite glad that you enjoyed it that much...although I don't see how you could die seeing as you're already a wight!
Well, wights can die sometimes. They just come back. Over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Haven't you ever read the newspaper? It always is happening there.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:03 AM   #3445
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I really like Inziladun's current sig quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity.-Christopher Morley
Good advice for living!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #3446
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thanks, Esty. To me it's a reflecton of a long-standing ambition of mine to avoid herd behaviour.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #3447
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I rather agree with Nog's

Quote:

Ignorance is bliss...

No, ignorance is the worst enemy of bliss.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:42 AM   #3448
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Yay for Eönwë's quote from Love Reign O'er Me - maybe the most majestic song Pete Townshend ever wrote, with a peak vocal performance by Daltrey. The Who Rule!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #3449
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Yay for Eönwë's quote from Love Reign O'er Me - maybe the most majestic song Pete Townshend ever wrote, with a peak vocal performance by Daltrey. The Who Rule!
Thank you Pitch! It is quite an amazing song.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #3450
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think Rune's signature is rather hilarious.
Quote:
It is not easy being a man. I had to get dressed today. . . and there are other pressures
Old 08-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #3451
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
That is funny - but his one about salt water being the cure for everything is prolly my all time favourite.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #3452
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
TGEW's sig just managed to creep me out.

Quote:
The Party Doesn't Start Until You're Dead.
Because when looking at it, I automatically understood the word "Party" in the meaning of "political party", and of course when I finished reading the sentence, it made me... nervous at least!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #3453
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post

Because when looking at it, I automatically understood the word "Party" in the meaning of "political party", and of course when I finished reading the sentence, it made me... nervous at least!
I think TGEW is going to be the Barrow Wight Himself's next campaign manager when he stands for re-election as the Downs' supreme over lord.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #3454
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post

Oh yep, politics are the sport of the dead. That's why they are so creepy.

Quote:
I think TGEW is going to be the Barrow Wight Himself's next campaign manager when he stands for re-election as the Downs' supreme over lord.
I wonder how that will work out. And I also wonder how exactly you get hired for such a job, or do you get kidnapped and forced to do it? Hmmm.

For the record, this is my most favourite signature that I've ever had. I think that I'll probably keep it for a very long time.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #3455
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I stumbled upon Meela's signature:
Quote:
'The Hobbit' first impressions: 1. Thorin is hot... Oh god, I fancy a dwarf. 2. If you thought Legolas was good-looking, wait til you see the stunner that spawned him. 3. Is that... Figwit!! 4. Does Elijah Wood never age?
Not only do I completely agree, but I need to mention that at our gathering of a few Barrow-Downers over new year, we really named him Fancy Thorin.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #3456
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
For, as has been told by the seers, 'When the dwarf is filthy, then shall the teeth of thy face be filthy too, for they have touched the dwarf.'
Where do you come up with this stuff, Agan? That's just bonkers! Whoever wrote that is clearly insane.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #3457
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Where do you come up with this stuff, Agan? That's just bonkers! Whoever wrote that is clearly insane.
Yeah for the record, that's something Hookbill and Lommy co-wrote in a silly story.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #3458
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Dear Downers, sorry for the double post, love, Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGEW's sig
The Party Doesn't Start Until You're Dead.
*refers you to the link on her own sig*

If you know of what I speak.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:42 AM   #3459
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

I like THE Ka's new signature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
This forum is for serious talking discussions, not hanky panky! Merrgh grumble grrrrumble
Quite right!!
Old 06-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #3460
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves.
I would have to name Rikae's.

There are no words for how much I dislike when people use the word 'childish' to describe natural differences in others. Not everybody is like you, and the fact that you grew out of a particular habit doesn't make someone who behaves that way less mature than you. It just makes them different.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #3461
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

What's the point of being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes?
Old 06-02-2015, 02:06 PM   #3462
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I quite like A Little Green's current signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Embarrassingly I have no idea how long she may have had it.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:51 AM   #3463
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I like Andsigil's sig:

Quote:
Even as fog continues to lie in the valleys, so does ancient sin cling to the low places, the depression in the world consciousness.