The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #281
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
++sally

Whatever the outcome, I apologize. And if you're innocent I hope you get your revenge when I'm left here with four times more posts than anyone else.

If she's a wolf I'd take a second look at Kath as well.

Well, I don't wish you the fate of being the only person still really posting, but there's nothing I can do now.

I sincerely hoped to survive this game but it doesn't appear at the moment that I will. I suggest that you take a look at my posts, Agan. Once I'm proven innocent you'll see that I may have been onto something. Or completely misguided as usual. Either way, I hope that I was of at least some help.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #282
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And Eon, vote whoever you feel is the best choice, but keep in mind that Menel repeatedly -repeatedly- spoke of Gwath in negative tones, and only mentioned me as evil once. I'd say he's one of our baddies, whether he be a bear or one of the wolves.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #283
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Menel started it before having any dreams, and he never indicated he had dreamt of Gwath. Of course it's possible I'm misguided and sally was right all along but as long as I don't know her role I can't concentrate on other possibilities, and eg my suspicion on Kath depends pretty much on sally.

I wish I could make myself trust you but I just can't.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #284
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Menel started it before having any dreams, and he never indicated he had dreamt of Gwath. Of course it's possible I'm misguided and sally was right all along but as long as I don't know her role I can't concentrate on other possibilities, and eg my suspicion on Kath depends pretty much on sally.

I wish I could make myself trust you but I just can't.

*sigh*

Well, again, it's out of our hands. Menel did indeed call me evil, but in the very same post he speaks of Gwath, yet again. And you know how I play. I love playing with Boro and Nog, and I'd keep them around as long as I could afford to. (Of course, that could have been a bluff, but the fact remains that I generally would keep Noggie around, Boro as well.)
Old 12-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #285
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Heh. How mad would you be if Eon didn't return to vote?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #286
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yes but I think you're generally quite flexible when it comes to kills - if your buddy wants to kill someone, it's alright to you.

See I force myself to come up with counter-arguments.

edit: xed, yeah I thought of it too. It'd be almost too funny - especially if Gwath actually was a wolf.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #287
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yes but I think you're generally quite flexible when it comes to kills - if your buddy wants to kill someone, it's alright to you.

See I force myself to come up with counter-arguments.
Heh. Not necessarily.

Last game (well, last game I was a wolf) I really hated killing Legate the first night. Gollum just wasn't around to consult about changing my mind, so I went with his opinion only because I wasn't able to reach him again.

I'm a team player, but since most players are inactive, even if I was a wolf, I'd pretty much be alone, so I could kill whoever I want. And it wouldn't be Nog and Boro.

What about Shasta? I know, he's not posted, but the kills may fit him. I'll have to think about it.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:49 PM   #288
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Okay that's true...

It would be pretty, err, not so nice from Shasta to come to post kills but not participate in the days.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #289
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Okay that's true...

It would be pretty, err, not so nice from Shasta to come to post kills but not participate in the days.

Good point. I suppose I'm grasping at straws trying to come up with three suspects.

I'm decently certain about either Gwath or Kath. Izzy or Shasta for the bear, I would suspect, but that could be a bluff.

Agan: innocent, 95%
Sally: innocent, 100%
Gwath: guilty, 75%
Eon: undecided
Kath: guilty, 45%
Shasta: no idea, but 60% innocent by lack of ability to participate
Izzy: no idea, thus 60% guilty by default
Old 12-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #290
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Heck we're running out of possible players...

I (or someone if I'm not alive) should probably check Eönwë and Gwath properly tomorrow... They've been the ones I've felt the most comfortable with but now I'm getting paranoid.

Where's Kath?

edit: xed with sally. I agree it could be Kath or Gwath, they should be checked
Old 12-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #291
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Heck we're running out of possible players...

I (or someone if I'm not alive) should probably check Eönwë and Gwath properly tomorrow... They've been the ones I've felt the most comfortable with but now I'm getting paranoid.

Where's Kath?

I dunno.

I'm uncertain about Eon. If I'm still alive I'll make sure to look at his posts, but he seems....detached. Like when he said he agreed with you. Granted, I'm biased since he wants to lynch me, but it seemed more like "Oh, look, this is working out just how I like it. Shall I wave it in your face?" Not in a mean way, but you understand.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #292
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

To Agan's X: Heh. Sure, you see my POV now.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #293
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

By the way, Agan dear, we now have over 50% of the posts, whether you count Gollum or not.

You're gonna miss me when/if I'm gone.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #294
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Yeah... And I agree about Eönwë. But then again he always looks somewhat suspicious. Hmm he's actually looked less suspicious in this game, I wonder if it means something...
Old 12-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #295
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

It's four minutes till deadline and our votes are the only ones cast so there are chances that it's Gwath who dies today, not you.

Arrrgh I'm actually starting to trust you now, I shouldn't, ouch.

edit: three now
Old 12-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #296
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yeah... And I agree about Eönwë. But then again he always looks somewhat suspicious. Hmm he's actually looked less suspicious in this game, I wonder if it means something...
Very much could be. I mean, I understand that you have a bad feeling about me, but there's not a lot of evidence so for him to latch on to your suspicion with nothing but 'let's kill her' seems very, VERY off to me.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #297
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, ok I will vote, but only because I have to. I really am at a loss. And because I want to see what Gwath has to say before I vote for his lynching, I think I'm going to have to vote for:

++Sally

edit: x-ed with many.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #298
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
It's four minutes till deadline and our votes are the only ones cast so there are chances that it's Gwath who dies today, not you.

Arrrgh I'm actually starting to trust you now, I shouldn't, ouch.

edit: three now
No, really, you should.

Two now, sweetie. Is it selfish of me to hope that we're the only two that show up?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #299
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Hahaa if sally isn't a wolf they could be Eönwë and Gwath! *hums I Think I'm Paranoid in her head*
Old 12-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #300
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Crap! Crap, crap, crap!

Agan, you better win this thing or I'm going to be a tad hacked off.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #301
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I promise to try.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #302
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Very much could be. I mean, I understand that you have a bad feeling about me, but there's not a lot of evidence so for him to latch on to your suspicion with nothing but 'let's kill her' seems very, VERY off to me.
And there's lots of evidence for lynching Gwath, is there?
Old 12-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #303
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude but I actually tried to 'participate' for once and I still died.

Well, make sure to take a look at everyone very closely, Agan dear. You're for the most part on your own now.

And as of now I'm dead. Enjoy the rest of the game!
Old 12-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #304
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
And there's lots of evidence for lynching Gwath, is there?
A lot more than there was for me, yes. Such as Menel's discussion of him.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #305
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

And now whoever the wolves are they're going to get no hints for my hunting pick from my posts as I've suggested everyone.

I wonder if they dare to come for me...
Old 12-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #306
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I'm really sorry if it isn't you, Sally.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #307
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
And now whoever the wolves are they're going to get no hints for my hunting pick from my posts as I've suggested everyone.

I wonder if they dare to come for me...
Heh. I hope not, because there won't be any posts with the two of us gone.

Try Eon or Gwath toMorrow. They both seem horribly off to me. Eon's sudden appearance toDay and then the way he went about voting for me seemed wrong. I thought he was gone for a while because he was posting, but he's not put in anything of a lot of value. (Granted, I can't go back and check now, but nothing comes to mind that he's said that's memorable.)

Anyway, I'll shush now. Agan, kick some fuzzy butt.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #308
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I know I'm way too late for voting, I just wanted to pop in to apologise for missing the vote. I had my laptop in the room with me but got so completely distracted by Shooting Stars and Graham Norton that I didn't even realise the time until about 5 minutes ago.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #309
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I know I'm way too late for voting, I just wanted to pop in to apologise for missing the vote. I had my laptop in the room with me but got so completely distracted by Shooting Stars and Graham Norton that I didn't even realise the time until about 5 minutes ago.
It happens. Couple days ago I went out of town and suddenly realized I had to be back for the deadline. I just barely made it.

Well, since Gollum's not here I may as well tell you I was innocent, so you don't have to wait to find out. (By the way, Gollum, if you could use a co-mod for the game I'd be happy to serve. I have the next couple days free and would be able to call the Days/Nights for you if you like, since I'm sure you're busy.) Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy the rest of the game. Later!

~~Sally~~
Old 12-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #310
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Wow! Sorry for being so late.

In confirmation, Sally is as innocent as she claimed.

Werewolves, send me a name.

Sally, thanks for the offer. My time is circumscribed and I'll send you any necessary info beforehand.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:30 PM   #311
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

I was unavoidably detained once more. Description to follow...
Old 12-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #312
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Day found only Aganzir, Gwathagor, Eonwe, and Kath in conference. Isabellkya's corpse was on the table and Shasta had taken flight during the night.

"Uh oh," said Aganzir, looking over the other three.

The ensuing battle was swift and decisive. Kath and Eonwe moved for the werewolf, readying club, whip, and blazing sword. Aganzir slew the Balrog Eonwe with lethal venom, but lost his skull to a heavy blow from the Olog Kath.

"Excellent work, minion!" praised the Dragon Gwathagor, "The whole purpose of your life is fulfilled. I hope this death won't be very to painful."

He drew a very deep breath and unleashed a blast of horrendous flame in the troll's direction. After the heat had abated and the smoke thinned, little remained in the Council's hall. The bodies, table, and lamp were utterly obliterated. Gwathagor then exited the mountain.

He led his armies to war with the Free Peoples, going hither and thither, leaving a wasteland in his wake, and undoing much of the Valars' work. But in the end the Shadow passed away, for while Eru watches His Middle-Earth, it cannot be wholly destroyed.

That was a bit shorter than I had intended. I hope you players enjoyed the game.

Dead/gone:

Aganzir (Werewolf, Hunter)
Boro (Alatar, Innocent)
Brinn (Wingless Dragon, Innocent)
Eonwe (Balrog, Forced Werewolf) Done Good Work
Ilya (Balrog, Innocent)
Isabellkya (Balrog, Innocent)
Meneltarmacil (Winged Dragon, Seer)
Nogrod (Troll, Innocent)
Sally (Troll, Innocent)
Shasta (Winged Dragon, Innocent)
Strongbow (Balrog, Innocent)

Incinerated:

Kath (Olog-hai, Forced Werewolf) Done Good Work

Alive:

Gwathagor (Wingless Dragon, Mastermind/Werebear) Winner!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #313
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm...I sorta figured it'd all be over today. Sorry Gollum that it was so short. Watching the game, I realised early on things weren't looking bright for the innocents (especially when the most vocal players kept getting killed). I don't think we had much of a shot simply due to lack of participation (I may have only been alive one Day, but I know I'm partly at fault too). Perhaps for future reference, we should avoid having games run over the holidays..

Anyways, congrats to the other teams! Gwath, it's a good thing I died early on because I probably would've voted you. Not that I strongly suspected you, but I just thought Sally looked so clearly innocent. Eonwe, I didn't suspect much until the end of the final Day. Kath, I thought was innocent. I say she always manages to fool me, and it's true.

Aganzir, I must apologise because while my vote for you was a random one, after I was lynched I was convinced the entire game you were evil. Even after you declared yourself the hunter, I thought you were lying and just trying to draw out the real hunter (unsuccessfully). Only towards the very end did I start to doubt my suspicions. I don't know what it was, you just seemed so manipulative. And your suspicions of Sally reminded me of when you (as a werewolf) got me lynched in Noggie's game...
Old 12-31-2008, 07:49 PM   #314
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Ha ha ha! I actually won! Though I don't feel like I really earned it, since I was gone so much. I'm sorry about that. Well-played, everybody! I'm also sorry about the Werebear mix-up. I wasn't really a Werebear; I was more like a Alpha Werewolf, since I was giving instructions to Eonwe and Kath, rather than just playing for myself.

Thanks for the interesting game, Gollum. I like how I destroyed Kath once I had gotten as much use as I could out of her. Sorry, Kath, that was Gollum's idea, not mine.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:42 PM   #315
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Now see, that's where I didn't enjoy this game as much as I might have, the whole werebear thing was just really odd. The wolves, well, me anyway, were basically told that the werebear was on our side which is why we didn't kill Gwath toNight and lynch Agan tomorrow, thus ensuring ourselves the win which was our plan had we not been informed that the werebear was working with us. I mean even Gwath didn't know that that was going to happen.

I also feel that it's something of a hollow victory because we, well Gwath, only won because of a modfire at the same time so it doesn't feel as earned as it could have done.

Despite that it was fun and it was lovely to be a wolf once again and everybody who played I think played fantastically, sally terrified me with how well she was pegging everyone and Agan and Menel covered their Gifted tracks beautifully. And I have to apologise to Nog because it was entirely my entire to kill him - though I have to say that it was so, so nice to be able to kill off all the loudmouths for once. Given the number of players who didn't turn up it was perhaps a shame that we did that even if it wasn't actually intentional because it did make for such a quiet game but it still felt good.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:21 AM   #316
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Gollum, good game.

Nice job Gwath et Eonwe and Kath. I was not once ever suspicious of you Eonwe. That was well done. Kath I only became suspicious of towards the end.

Gwath I thought you were a wolf the day after I died, because I said the day you were a wolf, and I defended you, it would be the end of me.

I was slightly confused about the werebear as well, I kept wondering why there weren't two kills at night. I was thinking it was either Izzy or Shasta who hadn't been around for various reasons and we were only getting the wolf kills.

Agan, sally, I adore the both of you, I want to make an attempt to be in every village with both of you. We can continue with Mith's upcoming game.

Strongbow, you definitely need to do this again.

And Menel you don't do this enough, sir. Once I thought Gwath was a wolf, I narrowed you and Agan down to being the seer for the way you both went after him on Day 1.

I think one of our handicaps for the dutiful villagers was just how many seer dreams did Menel have? I'm still confused over the number and that makes it hard to take anything out of the Seer's death. Of course, I'd much rather have the seer not be killed, but when he/she is it's a great help to know exactly how many dreams the seer had. That's something I still have no idea about.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #317
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Sorry sally. Actually I started hoping no one would come in and vote you and Gwath (or anyone else) would be lynched instead because our talk during the last minutes of the day made me rather, well, convinced of your innocence.
I just couldn't help feeling the way I did.

Haha Brinn. Though I think we have this little habit of suspecting each other rather often so it isn't that surprising. I always find you forced-looking.

Well played, baddies. I had a bad feeling about Kath through the whole game but didn't do anything about it because I was so much after sally. But as for Gwath and Eönwë... I had a fleeting suspicion about them both on day 1 but played it down by thinking Nah, that's just normal behaviour for them, I don't want to start being nitpicky again. To be honest I wasn't as convinced about their innocence as I appeared to be - I was trying to look like the seer who had dreamed of them and found them innocent. I picked them because they looked rather innocent and I found I could change my mind about Gwath beautifully. No wonder my plan didn't work.

I'm sorry, though, that the village was so quiet. I understand it was mostly because of RL stuff, what with holidays and Christmas and all. Still, after the other louder players had died, I didn't have much enthusiasm to make big cases and spend a lot of time online, either. It's not fun to feel I was playing all alone (which is maybe a bit unfair of me because there were other players participating well anyway - I'm probably just too used to seeing good long posts every time I refresh the thread).

I think Menel had had two dreams when he was killed. Who actually were those dreams? Why did you wolves decide to kill him anyway?

As for my role, I was told that if the wolves attacked me, I would kill one regardless of whether I had sent in their name or not. I sent in a name every night though. First I think I was hunting Nog because I thought there had been something fishy in the way he, Boro and me seemed to decide the lynchee on day 1. My second two nights I hunted sally, and then Eönwë.

I'm a lousy hunter to reveal at such a bad time but I figured the wolves hadn't killed me because they had realised I was the hunter, and thought I could as well make it public information. Not that it would have changed the outcome of the game.

Anyway thanks for the game Gollum. It was nice to have a bit smaller village for once (although it also meant it was quieter). If we don't take into account some frustration of having so many posts compared to most, the game was enjoyable.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #318
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
I think Menel had had two dreams when he was killed. Who actually were those dreams? Why did you wolves decide to kill him anyway?
N1: Boro But Boro died the same night, leaving no gain.

N2: Agan Good choice, but the info never got out.

I had been hoping that the players would take into consideration (maybe they did, but I didn't see it) the species they carried. For example, trolls would hardly be fit to take on as a huge a scale role as the mastermind, but they might be more easily forced to the werewolf. And vice versa with the dragons. You get the idea.

I'm afraid the wolves were at a disadvantage, Gwath knew who they were, but didn't know his identity. Also Gwath sent them instructions once or twice, perhaps (I don't know for sure) hampering their movements. And losing once all the innocents were dead. Sorry if you felt irritated, Kath.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #319
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
To be honest I wasn't as convinced about their innocence as I appeared to be - I was trying to look like the seer who had dreamed of them and found them innocent. I picked them because they looked rather innocent and I found I could change my mind about Gwath beautifully. No wonder my plan didn't work.
I ought to have suspected you were insincere in your support of me! I thought that about Boro and his defense of my innocence, and consequently had him killed. Very clever - I'd rep you if I could!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:57 AM   #320
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:

Ah, it was at my suggestion that Menel was killed. It was your fault, actually. I knew that you would have Sally lynched the next day if you could, and I was hardly going to stand in the way of that. So, we couldn't kill you or sally, which left only Menel. I had no idea he was the seer.