The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2003, 02:11 PM   #41
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Thank you! I'll PM it to you.

Last edited by Meela; 11-27-2004 at 06:48 AM.
Meela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 02:33 PM   #42
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am afraid that my wretched computer has informed me that this file is too large to send as an attachment by e-mail. I am terribly sorry .<P>If you still wish to make an attempt, you can go to <A HREF="http://www.filmhobbit.com/forum/showthread.php?s=4b46a08e8340b68f221c9294aea59dec& threadid=4085" TARGET=_blank>http://www.filmhobbit.com/forum/showthread.php?s=4b46a08e8340b68f221c9294aea59d ec&threadid=4085</A> and right click and hit "Save As" to save the file, or regular click to open it in a new window. <P>Again, terribly sorry... *shakes fist at computer*<p>[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: Lord of Angmar ]
Old 07-31-2003, 02:35 PM   #43
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<P>THAT'S THE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!! I can't wait for RotK to come out in theaters; it's going to be *SO* good!<P><I>Only 139 days until RotK is in theaters!!!</I><P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 07-31-2003, 03:59 PM   #44
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

WOW, that was awesome!!!!! I was able to save to my computer, *does victory dance* lol I can't wait till it comes out, it seems like its gonna take forever!
Old 07-31-2003, 04:33 PM   #45
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

AAARRGH! *writhes in agony* It's downloading...so........s..l..o..w..l..y.......... .......<P>Well, here's my opinion:<BR><B>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! !!</B> <BR>I can only see up to "we come to it at last", and what's there isn't very high grade, but PIPPIN!!! WAAHHHH!!!! It's too long of a wait!!<P>[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: Oddwen ]<P>I downloaded a different copy. WOOOAHH! wonderfulwonderfulwonderful. *sigh*<p>[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: Oddwen ]

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:29 PM   #46
Meela
Denethor's True Love

White Tree

It doesn't work for me...

Last edited by Meela; 11-27-2004 at 06:49 AM.
Meela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:58 PM   #47
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Meela, have you tried <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=private_message&u=00001657" TARGET=_blank>Pming Tigerlily Gamgee?</A> That worked for me.<P>Edited to add the link.<p>[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: Luthien_ Tinuviel ]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 08:03 PM   #48
eglaladiel

Eye

oi, mate. ur link isnt working!!!<BR>
Old 08-01-2003, 01:54 AM   #49
Menelhachwen
Pile O'Bones

Menelhachwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Maybe you need Quick Time player... ?
Old 08-01-2003, 08:23 AM   #50
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

arrrrrg i have tried everything on this thread but i am always too late!!!!!! *weeps*
Old 08-01-2003, 06:09 PM   #51
TheSquireof Aragorn
Animated Skeleton

TheSquireof Aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i dont know about any of you guys but i don't know why new line is making such a big deal about it its just a TRAILER its not the movie, really all it will make us do is want to see the movie more. New Line should just let it go now that the trailer is out.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:27 PM   #52
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>i dont know about any of you guys but i don't know why new line is making such a big deal about it its just a TRAILER its not the movie, really all it will make us do is want to see the movie more. New Line should just let it go now that the trailer is out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Actually I think the big deal is that New Line Cinema is going to release a longer trailer with the Two Towers extended Edition (I've heard 5-10 min., anyone else?), so if they clamp down on the trailers as much as possible, then people will want to get the Extended version for the monsterous trailer at the end. Oh well. I got the trailer off of filmhobbit (see the link by Lord of Angmar near the top of page 2), but the sound was behind, & frankly, I think the over-all quality of the trailers has declined over the course of the 3 movies. I always get goose bumps when I re-watch the FotR one, 'cause it has awesome music & awesome 'action shots', I liked the Two Towers one, & I was unimpressed with the Return of the King. I'm sure a better trailer will be out sooner or later, but the only good parts of this trailer (to me) were these:<BR> #1-Pippin: "Is there any hope, Gandalf? For Frodo & Sam?"<BR> Gandalf: "There never was much hope...just a fool's hope."-This sounds like another great 'conversation scene', following in the footsteps of Gandalf & Frodo in Moria, Borimir & Aragorn in Lothlorien, & Theoden's speech before riding out at Helm's Deep.<BR> #2-The visual of the Orcish army coming up to Minas Tirith.-It looks freakishly awesome!<BR> #3-The scene where Gandalf on Shadowfax & the Witch King (presumably) on his 'winged steed' meet up. Oh this this will be good! (as long as Gandalf doesn't kill the Witch King, & I doubt even PJ would make THAT happen!)<BR> #4-Gollum talking to his reflection-Ah, Gollum. One of the few bright spots of TTT (seemingly), & sure to be as good or better in RotK!<BR> This post (if read 'cause of it's length), might agonize those that can't get the trailer, & I 'pologize for that, but I couldn't resist putting in my 2 cents (or more than 2 by now)!<BR>
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 12:45 AM   #53
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I always get goose bumps when I re-watch the FotR one, 'cause it has awesome music & awesome 'action shots'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well of course you do, because those were the first ones and they were so new and mysterious. Additionally they still had the "fog effect" over the New Line logo that was the coolest (in my opinion), I wish they would bring that back for the ROTK ones <P>I think that this particular trailer was a rough cut that "accidently" made it out of the studios hands, or a teaser that they decided not to release. I don't think that it is part of the trailer that is coming out with the theatrical dvd, just because it seems rather complete. It is missing some things for a theater one (studio logo, cast info, etc.), and it also has a rather abrupt ending.<P>Don't worry though, I think we will get a rather spectacular trailer for ROTK soon
Old 08-02-2003, 01:06 PM   #54
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

Well, I finally saw it (had to install QuickTime), and I must say, if not for the poor quality, it was pretty darn good.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> and what's there isn't very high grade, but PIPPIN!!! WAAHHHH!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oddwen has stated the one reason you should see this trailer. Seriously, poor Pippin's practically crying at one point!!! Makes me wanna see Return of the King all the more... <P>The only parts where the sound is really bad is on Merry's line and when Theoden yells "Ride to Ruin!" Otherwise it's not that bad.<P>Meela: Do you have QuickTime, or is it that none of the links are working? I had to install QuickTime and some of those links don't work. filmhobbit.com should, since that's where I got the trailer.<p>[ August 02, 2003: Message edited by: peonydeepdelver ]
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 01:32 PM   #55
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I think that this particular trailer was a rough cut that "accidently" made it out of the studios hands, or a teaser that they decided not to release.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah, that's why I also said this: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I'm sure a better trailer will be out sooner or later<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If that helps you any.
Old 08-02-2003, 03:25 PM   #56
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

*throws the biggest fit the world has seen* I was on vacation!!!!!!! I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am <I> not</I> happy!
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 06:25 PM   #57
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

elfearz1: Go to Uggh! I've missed it again, then scroll down to Iargwath's post. He has a link to it, though the sound is behind quite a bit. Hope that helps...
Old 08-02-2003, 07:06 PM   #58
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

terribly sorry.... I was a bit confused, I thought that one got shut down too. <BR>Thank you!<p>[ August 02, 2003: Message edited by: elfearz1 ]
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 07:24 PM   #59
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

peony_foxburr has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peony_foxburr
Sting

Meela, I got it with no problem just now, on "Emma's link". You probably do need to install Quicktime. It's a free download. <P>I agree that New Line is being silly to shut down all the links. Do they REALLY think a quick clip like that is going to prevent people from buying the EE? Hell, even if the entire theatrical edition were available online, I'd still buy it AND the EE to play on the larger TV screen, in comfort, blah blah blah...
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water."
-The Return of the King
peony_foxburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 06:50 AM   #60
Iargwath
Wight

Iargwath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Iargwath Send a message via AIM to Iargwath
Sting

I had to remove the link for personal reasons...i apologise for any inconvienience...

My M-e Forum
Iargwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 07:02 AM   #61
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

None of these links are working for me...I'm going to start weeping! Do I really have to be patient and wate 'till - who knows how long! Luckily tTT can be bought on dvd soon!
Old 08-03-2003, 11:56 AM   #62
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

*SPOILER*<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Cut to more soldiers charging and then to a beauty shot of Gandalf rounding a corner on Shadowfax as a Nazgul lands in front of him. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And if you look closely I think Pippin is there behind Gandalf on Shadowfax (or Merry, but more likely Pippin). Strange...
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 02:11 AM   #63
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've seen it...<BR>The part where Gandalf rounds the corner and the Nazgul comes down nearly made me cry and I have no idea why! As well as his mini speech( its not exactly a speech in the trailer but I'm sure its a small part of one) about the great battle of our time... very dramatic and heart wrenching in my opinion...<P>Even if you didn't get to see the trailer the dvd is coming out in 22 days! just over 3 weeks! The day before my birthday as well, how convenient for me...
Old 08-04-2003, 02:28 PM   #64
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Silmaril

What is the exact date that it is coming out by the way? Because I keep hearing the 12th, the 14th, the 20th the 22nd and the 27th. Could someone please tell me the real date TT is coming out? I would appreciate it, thanks!<P>Ok back to the subject, "That trailer rocks!!! I can't wait to see the one on the DVD, I'm hoping for some goosebumps myself!"
Old 08-04-2003, 02:30 PM   #65
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

It's the 26th.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:52 PM   #66
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

ARGHNESS!!! None of the links are working for me! Can some one either PM me or email me at shinaynay47@yahoo.com? Kudos!<P>*goes off somewhere else to vent out anger*<P>-eress
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 02:27 AM   #67
Sexy Istari

Sting

Eressië Ailin i am in complete sympathy with you, my computer is totaly not working *breaks down in a fit of rage* if anyone could send it to me at leahmr@hotmail.com. Caio
Old 08-05-2003, 01:02 PM   #68
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Silmaril

Thank you!!! YAY can't wait till the 26th!<BR>Hey Eressië Ailin, I tried e-mailing you the link to the actual trailer instead of the page, hope it works! You too Sexy Istari!<p>[ August 05, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Evenstar the Fair ]
Old 08-05-2003, 07:32 PM   #69
TheSquireof Aragorn
Animated Skeleton

Pipe

Based on the trailer(which wasnt bad for being so small and something that is technically not supposed to be out yet) i want to see the movie more than ever. You can say something to me if you disagree but i feel this will be the best LOTR movie yet.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:53 PM   #70
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

(SPOILER)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Cut to a Gondorian soldier holding a wounded comrade.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Take a close look at that. Is that just some Gondorian soldier holding another comrade, or is it Pippin holding Merry? Hmmm... Those who downloaded the trailer, pause it on this and look. Looks to me like the 'fallen comrade' has Rohirrim armor. <P>The trailer as a whole is nice, but not as powerful as I would have thought. Is this the teaser? Would the theatrical be available yet? hmm...<p>[ August 05, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 01:55 PM   #71
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Looks to me like the 'fallen comrade' has Rohirrim armor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That's what it looked like to me also...
Old 08-06-2003, 02:45 PM   #72
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

I don't know if I support this theory, but it has been suggested to me that New LIne actually released the teaser on purpose just to make people like us who would actually find it and watch it want to see RotK even more. What do you think of that?

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 02:48 PM   #73
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Sounds like something they would do in the film industry. Clever advertising tricks.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:51 PM   #74
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

It would be a 'good idea' for New Line, but it 'could' (technicaly) backfire I reduce desire for the trailer at the end of EE, therefore reducing desire for the EE. It won't stop me, but it could stop others. & that's a risk that the film industry seems to be rather slow to take...
Old 08-06-2003, 04:37 PM   #75
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

MIne IS DOWNLOADING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 08:27 PM   #76
TheSquireof Aragorn
Animated Skeleton

Pipe

I don't think new line did this on purpose because they are asking any site they find it on to remove it. It was probably just a slip in the LOTR advertising department and besides its not that big of a deal there will probably be not too many people who see it, i mean the only way you could find it is if your really interested in LOTR.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:24 PM   #77
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

1 hour and counting! I hate dial up! If it doesn't work on my quicktime player I am going to check kaaza!<P>Later:<P>:Skrieks like a little school girl: OMG! OMG! I just saw it! It was beatiful! And it is on my computer so no one can take it away! Ha ha PJ!<p>[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: Silmiel of Imladris ]

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:02 PM   #78
Novlamothien
Haunting Spirit

Novlamothien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Peonydeepdelver- I paused the trailer at the scene you mentioned, and it does look like on of the "solders" is wearing Rohirrim armor. Greater evidence that they are, indeed Merry and Pippin is thus- if you look closely, the Gondorian "solder" has a Lorien brooch fastining his cloak. If that isn't proof I don't know what is. <P><BR>Namarie
Old 08-08-2003, 01:21 PM   #79
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I just stumbled across this thread (God knows how I missed it) and I'm downloading the Quicktime trailer right now. It's certainly re-kindling my longing for RotK! I'll let you know my POV when I've got it.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:25 PM   #80
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

It is rather hard to miss, being rather popular as you can probably imagine. If anyone can get a version that doesn't have the sound behind, let me know. Otherwise I'll have to accept my doom...