Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2005, 03:30 PM   #161
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
If anyone else wants to get in a reply to the wolves, please do so soon. The game seems to be slowing down, and there's really not a lot of time left in the game. They haven't even made it to the Old Forest yet. Sondo's going to be sending word out that they need to get away (though probably not so all the Big Folk can know), so if you want to have your character start moving in that direction it would be well.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:50 PM   #162
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Save is filled...

Okay, here's the deal (in case anyone isn't clear):

Sondo sent Rory and Marroc off with supplies.
Sam went off to find Sassy, and will presumably find Bingo as well, since they were in the same tree.
Reggie was sent off by himself.
Sondo is with Falco; I wasn't sure how open or proud Falco would act so I left that to you, Nuru.

They will be meeting in a stand of trees; they will camp there for the night and have a real dinner. (Feel free to include this in your posts...) The wolves will back off into the shadows again; I'll put up a closing post for them sometime soon. By tomorrow afternoon (providing everything has wrapped up) I will move it on to the next day, and the hobbits will finally reach the Old Forest.

Okay?
Old 03-12-2005, 04:31 PM   #163
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Primrose Bolger has just left Hobbiton.
Crystal Heart

I know that Firefoot's character has sent you to fetch Sassy -- but she's not going with you, so please don't get her down from the tree.

------------------------------------------------

Child of the 7th Age

Sassy and Bingo must be in different trees. Sassy ran far away from the action; it's quiet for the most part, around her tree.

-o- Primrose
. . . for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth . . . are quick of hearing and sharpeyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unneccesarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements . . . FOTR - Prologue

Last edited by Primrose Bolger; 03-12-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #164
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Primrose,

Thanks for the tip. I'll "relocate".

Child
Old 03-13-2005, 07:02 PM   #165
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

I've been busy this week in hiring an HR intern, and some store managers, I shouldn't have much to do until late April, so I'll be able to get back to posting regularly. Sorry for any problems.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:09 AM   #166
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Primrose-

He's only going to try and find her. As soon as your post is filled I will fill my appropriately. Thank you for telling me otherwise Sam would wanted to have saved Sassy. :-) lol

Crystal Heart
Old 03-15-2005, 02:39 PM   #167
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Primrose, Crystal - I think that your posts may need to be switched, if what I understand is correct. It wouldn't make a lot of sense if Sam finds Sassy and she comes down, and then Crystal writes about Sam going off to find Sassy. Unless, of course, Sassy will be coming down before Sam finds her?
Old 03-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #168
Primrose Bolger
Wight

My SAVE is filled in.

-o- Primrose
. . . for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth . . . are quick of hearing and sharpeyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unneccesarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements . . . FOTR - Prologue
Old 03-16-2005, 09:28 AM   #169
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I figured that Sassy would come down before Sam found her. That is why I was going to wait upon the post.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:48 PM   #170
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

What you have is fine, Crystal and Primrose. I wasn't sure how you were going to work it before.

Child and Enca, Crystal and Primrose - if you could finish up your characters' conversations here soon, that would be great. I want to be wrapping up this day pretty quick here. What will need to happen is they will all need to gather in together (and eat!), and then I think they're going to have to do something about the Big Folk, possibly burning the bodies, as Bingo suggested. Please feel free to include these events in your posts! Once this business is finished up, I will move it on to the next day and the Old Forest.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:45 PM   #171
Child of the 7th Age

Firefoot - I think I've tied up our loose ends so Bingo can move forward.

Enca - I had Reggie select a dagger for his own. If you aren't comfortable with that, let me know and I'll edit.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:13 AM   #172
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Sassy's ready to move on whenever the rest of the group is.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:02 AM   #173
Child of the 7th Age

A Brief Reminder....

Please remember to fill in your game saves promptly. Ideally, that would be within twenty-four hours, or forty-eight hours at the latest. After the forty-eight hour window expires, Shire mods can and will erase the save. See the Red Book for more details.

If you still wish to insert a post earlier in the game, you may place it on the discussion thread with a request to the moderators to paste it on the game thread. However, that post must conform to everything that has gone on subsequently in the storyline.

Thanks for your help with this.

Cami, Shire Mod
Old 03-17-2005, 02:55 PM   #174
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It's fine by me that Reggie took the dagger.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:09 AM   #175
Child of the 7th Age

Question

Firefoot -

Should everyone just record their feelings about the woods, or would you like us to push the action in a particular direction?

My own save is filled so others can post.

Cami
Old 03-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #176
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I wasn't planning on there being a whole lot of action this night, other than "normal" Old Forest happenings. They will end up spending the night in the forest, though, meaning they won't be able to figure out how to get out, so that type of thing can be included in posts. Okay?
Old 03-19-2005, 07:52 AM   #177
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Crystal - I'm a little confused. I think (?) you switched the posts you wanted earlier in the game and the one you placed on the RPG, because this one on the DT talks about the forest while the other is about finding Sassy. (BTW, Primrose specified in an earlier post that Sassy found her way back to camp alone; perhaps you want Sam, not having found Sassy, wander back to their camp and find Sassy there instead?) Also, please specify where at on the game thread you want your post (for example, and the end of X's post, #546).

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:19 PM   #178
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That post needs to go after post number 142.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #179
Child of the 7th Age

Crystal Heart

In the interests of making sure we are all on the same track, I am posting a copy of the most recent instructions sent to Crystal:

Quote:
As a moderator, I am deleting your recent posts from the game and discussion thread and returning it to you. Both these posts state or infer that Sam meets up with Sassy. These do not fit into the story. As I previously explained, a save or a post that is to be pasted up on the game must agree with the action that has already taken place. Since Sassy has already come down from the tree and gone off on her own, and Primrose has already done an additional post for her in the Old Forest, it is clear that Sam did not meet up with Sassy.

At this point, do not try to fill in the back story. Since we have now turned to another chapter, it will only confuse things and get your character further behind. Your next post should center on the current action: what it is like to be in the Old Forest. If you'd like, you can handle the transition with a single sentence at the beginning of that post that you were unable to find Sassy on your own and went back to join the whole group.

Contact me by pm if you have additional questions. A copy of this is also being posted on the discussion thread so we are all on the same page.
Cami Goodchild, Shire Mod
Old 03-27-2005, 04:55 AM   #180
Child of the 7th Age

Question

Firefoot -

Could you clarify something for me? At the end of post #157 as well as at the end of Kitanna's post, it sounds as if we are divided: half in the ravine and half on top:

Quote:
Firefoot:

"Didn't we have a rope left over from the raft?" he asked. Everyone dug into the supplies, and one skinny rope, perhaps ten feet long, was turned up. An end was let down, and Sondo grabbed ahold. "I'm the lightest," he said, "and I'm not sure this will support me. Try to pull me up, and I'll brace against the sides." He felt the slack go tight, and he was slowly pulled upward. He was about to grasp the edge of the ravine and hoist himself up when someone shouted and the rope slackened again. Sondo fell back to the bottom, and Rory came right behind. "That tree root tripped me!" he complained.

"There goes that plan," sighed Sondo. "The rest of you, stay away from the edge so you don't fall in, too. It looks like we're going to have to follow this ravine after all; the southward way looks impassable." He hesitated, noting the growing shadows. "And everyone? It looks like we're going to be spending the night here. Be on your guard. This place... I'd bet anything that it's far more dangerous to us than those Big Folk ever were."
Quote:
Kitanna: The hobbits were divided now. Half in the ravine and half still above. What happened when they went farther and they discovered there was no way out. What would happen to their group then?
Is the group still divided in two (half in the ravine and half on top) in your very last post #160? I can't see anywhere that we have been reunited, but your latest post mentions only one group going onward. It's the middle of the night here, and I may have missed something when I read. Could you clarify who is on the bottom and who is on the top, or are we all in one place? Are we now "lost" from each other: one group continuing on in the ravine and one group continuing on top? I wanted to make sure before I put up a post.

Cami

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 03-27-2005 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:27 AM   #181
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Sorry, maybe that wasn't very clear. They are still divided, and both groups moved on - they are at least nearby each other. The only sentence I gave as a hint was this:
Quote:
Some wood was gathered by those not trapped in the ravine. Part was let down, and tinder was brought out. Soon there were two small fires going, one on top and one on bottom.
As for who is on top and bottom: I had deliberately left that vague before so that people could specify where they preferred their character to be. Based on recent posts however, I would say this is what it looks like:

Bottom
Sondo
Marroc
Bingo
Rory

Sassy
Falco
(Neither Reggie nor Sam have been mentioned to be specifically in either location; however in order to even out the numbers I suppose they would be on top.)

Okay? Sorry if any of this was unclear in my post. I think I'll edit in a line or two of clarification into my post as well.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:02 AM   #182
Child of the 7th Age

Sounds good! They haven't lost each other then....both groups can hear and see each other but they are physically separated. Thanks.

Cami
Old 03-28-2005, 12:27 AM   #183
Child of the 7th Age

Poor Bingo! He's definitely looking for some help.

Cami
Old 03-28-2005, 11:22 AM   #184
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll be with the bottom group. I just got so confused on what was going on that I decided it would be best to wait until I posted.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:30 PM   #185
Child of the 7th Age

Firefoot

I pushed it forward to morning. Hope this is ok. If not, I will edit as you request.

Bingo must be a bit out of his head as he thought he saw a horrible ghostie floating through the woods.

Cami
Old 03-31-2005, 10:48 PM   #186
Primrose Bolger
Wight

The delirium must be contagious . . . Sassy is seeing something out of the ordinary, too

- o - Prim
Old 04-03-2005, 04:33 PM   #187
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Well, if anyone (like Sondo ) hasn't figured out the identity of the mysterious ghost from my post yet... it's Gandalf the Grey himself. Sondo's pretty suspicious (I'm sure he'll regret it later...), and if any of the other hobbits are quicker on the uptake than he is, or perhaps thinks the man really does mean them good, well, feel free to defend Gandalf.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:52 PM   #188
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Thumbs up

Meep! Plot twist much?!

I love it; great idea, Firefoot.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #189
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Sassy's all for letting the old fellow help them out . . .

- o - Primrose
Old 04-05-2005, 01:22 PM   #190
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Question

A quick question - who is above the ravine with Sassy. Is it only Reggie, and everyone else is down below?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:51 PM   #191
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Falco is on the top too, I believe, if Firefoot's post above is correct.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:56 PM   #192
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Oops, forgot about that! Thanks, Enca, for reminding me. I'll be editing my post to have Falco climb down before he speaks with Gandalf.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #193
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Rory is definately suspicious of this so-called Gandalf.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:53 PM   #194
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Boromir - one thing: the RPG takes place in spring 3018, the spring before Frodo first leaves for Rivendell. Sharkey has not yet come into the picture...
Old 04-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #195
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Oh, I'm sorry Firefoot, I thought the timing was after the Scouring. Do you mind if I just leave that post there now, I got to get going, and don't have time to fix it now, but I will get things straightened out, just ignore it for now. Thanks.

Edit: I've altered my post, instead of Sharkey, fireworks seemed to be the new topic. Despite the other Hobbits' fond approval, Rory for some reason still isn't so sure....

Last edited by Boromir88; 04-09-2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #196
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Thanks, Boromir.

Also, the hobbits have (more than) started on their trek out of the forest. Someone may feel free to have them stop for a lunch break (if they want to spend another meal under the trees... Who knows? They are hobbits, after all...), or even come to the end of the day and the forest completely.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #197
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Hey, all -

We're coming into the homestretch of the game, now; less than a day (gametime) before the hobbits are home.

Unfortunately, I will not have computer access for the rest of the week. For now, the hobbits are trekking across marshy land. I will be leaving a post with piosenniel to be posted while I'm away - it will bring the hobbits to the bank of the Withywindle River. It'll be up to you all to get them across...

Once I get back, the game will finish up with the hobbits getting home to Buckland.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:12 PM   #198
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

I've put the post Firefoot sent me to the game thread.

The Hobbits are now on the banks of the Withywindle. They have only to cross it and they can head home.

~*~ Pio
Old 04-24-2005, 08:26 AM   #199
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Just to let everyone know I'm back. Many thanks to Pio.

Now, surely someone('s character) has an opinion on whether the hobbits should be crossing the Withywindle in the dark! (Yes, Sondo is asking for opinions... )
Old 04-25-2005, 02:48 PM   #200
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Okay, Nuru and I just cross-posted, and I think my post would probably fit better before Nuru's. Could my post be moved to the end of Crystal's or the start of Nuru's? Thanks.

And it sounds like they're going to be staying the night between the Withywindle and the swamp... poor Sondo. All that opposition.