User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2002, 08:58 PM   #841
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rose was relieved to see that Pio wasn't causing trouble. Of course. Just because SHE was tempted now she thought everyone else would be. Rose felt her guilt sweep back to her but she shook it off. She supposed she would live with the feeling the rest of her life. But she didn't mind. It was a reminder to her to watch her step.

By now Stacy was worried because Rose was not answering her. "It's nothing. Just a false alarm." she smiled and Stacy was satisfied.

Then Rose felt another pair of eyes on her. She turned to see the elf caption watching her expectently. He must not have relized that Rose didn't want to leave. She walked over to him to explain and Frodo made to leap after her but Rose stedied him saying she was only going to tell the elf she was staying.

She walked over to him and was overwellmed by his height. He was probably no taller than any elf Rose had ever met but the way he looked down at Rose made her feel small and insignifigant.
"Well?" he said "I haven't got all day."
"I don't think I will go. Not yet at least."

Then she walked back to Frodo. She helped him over to the bar and then started to absent mindedly sip some soda.

Her first Barrow downs party. And so much had happened. She knew that she would always remember it. It had taught her exactly what the Barrow Downs was all about. They had all come to the site because they had at least one thing in common. A love for Tolkien. And they learned to reflect the leasons taught in the books. About sticking together through friendship and bravery. Trust and forgiveness.

But unlike others who were now trying to relax and take a break from exitement Rose found that she was bored. She loved adventure of all kinds dispite any greif that came with them. For most of her life she had been stuck in a hobbit hole doing housework and dreaming of far off places and those who already living her dreams. (Sam, Frodo, Merry and Pippin) And now she wanted more. She would not leave the party field untill a new adventure was at hand. She new she didn't have to wait long.

The Barrow-Downs were full of suprises.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:26 PM   #842
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

The next morning, Stacey woke up in her tent slowly.

Stacey:Boy, what a weird dream......
She rolled over. Across the tent, Primrose was sleeping soundly.
Stacey:Whoop. It wasn't a dream!

At her feet, Frodo was also sound asleep, which was good. He could sure use it. And Sam....
Sam!

The bedroll next to Frodo's was empty.

Stacey: *trying her hardest not to yell* NoNoNoNONONONO!

As quickly and quietly as she could, she yanked on her shoes and went outside. Sam was sitting on a log by the fire, trying to get it to burn.

Stacey: [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]Oh, Sam....

She walked over and sat down next to him.

Stacey: Samwise, what are you doing up?

Sam looked at her and grinned. He winced a little, but he seemed in much better spirits.

Sam: I thought I'd see what I could get goin' for breakfast. There's plenty coney stew left, if anyone's for that...

Stacey: How do you feel?

Sam looked into the fire as it began to burn.

Sam: Better, since my ribs got bandaged up last night. I slept really good.

He glanced at her, chuckled, then winced.

Sam: It only hurts when I laugh.

Stacey [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'll remember not to tickle you, then.

She glanced back at the tent, wondering how Frodo was feeling.

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-05-2002, 09:47 PM   #843
Kettle of fish
Wight

Kettle of fish has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Kettle danced over to Veritas and Celeaewen, unaware of the hostility that was mounting in the moment. It flipped around their legs energetically and then stopped very still as it realised that it was milimetres from a sword point.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:48 PM   #844
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo was finally able to get some sleep without being pestered by a REG or orcs or nosy people. As for feeling, he was still incredibly weak(he could hardky stand on his own) and quite thin. He still had that maia wound, and an orc had clubbed him right over that same spot, so it was bruised and rather painful. But other than that.... he was fine.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:49 PM   #845
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo was finally able to get some sleep without being pestered by a REG or orcs or nosy people. As for feeling, he was still incredibly weak(he could hardky stand on his own) and quite thin. He still had that maia wound, and an orc had clubbed him right over that same spot, so it was bruised and rather painful. But other than that.... he was fine.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:53 PM   #846
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo was getting some much needed sleep for one without worrying about orcs or Random Event Generators or nosy people.

He was still terribly weak and thin, barely able to stand on his own, and haver being slashed by a Maia and clubbed by an orc in the same spot he was still in a lot of pain, but other than that he was fine
Old 06-05-2002, 09:57 PM   #847
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

what is that above???
Old 06-05-2002, 09:59 PM   #848
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Help what is that above??
Old 06-05-2002, 10:04 PM   #849
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

help I dunno how i did that i twas not intentional
Old 06-05-2002, 10:13 PM   #850
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gimli needs to catch up for the time he missed. he quikly drains his 350,000th mug.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:50 AM   #851
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<<<What's that kind of post above me? A post of a REG, never seen before [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].>>>

Veritas was still standing treathening Celeaewen, but her head was somewhere else, when Celeaewen moved trough under the sword and climbed in the oak. "Huh? Not so quick everybody," Never do two things at the same time Veertje, the wizard thought.

She wandered what she would do, climb in the tree and find out then that Celeaewen was climbed out again, or go over and look why everybody was exited. She choose the last one after calling to the Elf: "I see you later elf, and then watch your step..."

Walking over the field was quite difficult, because most people were sleaping, and there were all kind of bottles and rubbish at the grass. She saw Pio standing wet besides the river, another mystory solved.

She didn't know exactly what to do, and went to Kettle, who was hopping over the field, waking people up by sprankeling water over them.

"Kettle, can you tell me what is happening now? I've been sleeping for a while, and then a row with Celeaewen, I must have missed a lot. Something to do, otherwise I go and finish the tale with Celeaewen."

"I don't know really." He said, "But I want to found it out for you." and he hopped away.

"Okay, elf, watch until I found you, then you'll have to wait before you can party again!" Veritas said with a angry smile on her face.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:11 AM   #852
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Rose was still sitting in the bar when Pio walked in. She was slowly sipping on a soda and staring dreamily into space.

Pio motioned for her to come sit in a booth in the corner, out of earshot and eyesight of most of the customers in the bar.

'I can see you've got a little case of wanderlust going, Rose. I know just how you feel - the open road, the adventure around every corner, a wealth of new sights and sounds that can make you quite dizzy with delight. It doesn't seem that long ago that I first started my travels with Gildor Inglorion and his Wandering Company of Kindred. Such a lovely, and rich life . . .', sighed Pio with a faraway look in her eyes.

'O! I would love to have done that!', said Rose.

'Yes, I know. Which is why I have come to you with this proposition. What would you say to an expedition to Gondor to see if we can retrieve the copy of The Red Book of Westmarch given to king Elessar. I believe it was called Thain's Book, and I know it was recopied during Eldarion's reign(Elessar's son) and given to the Hobbits. This is the volume which survives to this day. What I don't know, exactly, is where it is! In addition to this, I was thinking we might have a look-see for the Stone of Orthanc, the palantìr that King Elessar used during his reign.'

Rose's eyes lit up, then narrowed, 'Isn't that going to be a LOT of walking considering we have no idea where we're looking?'

'Well, Rose, that's where I thought your talents as a thief extraordinaire would come in handy. I thought we might head back to the Barrow Downs and from there to the Shire where we might pick Child's brain as to where she thinks those items could be located. & then, we might, perhaps, "borrow" Angara since that would cut our travelling time to a fraction.' Pio glanced at Rose, inquiringly.

'Sounds interesting', said Rose. 'When do we start?'

'As soon as we find someone who knows Child's address we can be off. Now, who might know it?', asked Pio.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:12 AM   #853
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Rose was still sitting in the bar when Pio walked in. She was slowly sipping on a soda and staring dreamily into space.

Pio motioned for her to come sit in a booth in the corner, out of earshot and eyesight of most of the customers in the bar.

'I can see you've got a little case of wanderlust going, Rose. I know just how you feel - the open road, the adventure around every corner, a wealth of new sights and sounds that can make you quite dizzy with delight. It doesn't seem that long ago that I first started my travels with Gildor Inglorion and his Wandering Company of Kindred. Such a lovely, and rich life . . .', sighed Pio with a faraway look in her eyes.

'O! I would love to have done that!', said Rose.

'Yes, I know. Which is why I have come to you with this proposition. What would you say to an expedition to Gondor to see if we can retrieve the copy of The Red Book of Westmarch given to king Elessar. I believe it was called Thain's Book, and I know it was recopied during Eldarion's reign(Elessar's son) and given to the Hobbits. This is the volume which survives to this day. What I don't know, exactly, is where it is! In addition to this, I was thinking we might have a look-see for the Stone of Orthanc, the palantìr that King Elessar used during his reign.'

Rose's eyes lit up, then narrowed, 'Isn't that going to be a LOT of walking considering we have no idea where we're looking?'

'Well, Rose, that's where I thought your talents as a thief extraordinaire would come in handy. I thought we might head back to the Barrow Downs and from there to the Shire where we might pick Child's brain as to where she thinks those items could be located. & then, we might, perhaps, "borrow" Angara since that would cut our travelling time to a fraction.' Pio glanced at Rose, inquiringly.

'Sounds interesting', said Rose. 'When do we start?'

'As soon as we find someone who knows Child's address we can be off. Now, who might know it?', asked Pio.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:27 AM   #854
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Even though Stacy had been trying to keep quiet as she left her tent she still woke Rose who was lying half asleep in the next one over. Rose hadn't slept well the entire night. The longing for new adventure made her wide awake.
"Oh Sam, that coney stew would be absalutly wonderful." Rose sat down next to Sam. She had wanted to have a talk since she had never rely sat down with the hobbit the entire party. But having Sam next to her seemed to finally comfort and relax her. She closed her eyes and rested her head on her hero's sholder hoping it wouldn't hurt him.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:28 AM   #855
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Even though Stacy had been trying to keep quiet as she left her tent she still woke Rose who was lying half asleep in the next one over. Rose hadn't slept well the entire night. The longing for new adventure made her wide awake.
"Oh Sam, that coney stew would be absalutly wonderful." Rose sat down next to Sam. She had wanted to have a talk since she had never rely sat down with the hobbit the entire party. But having Sam next to her seemed to finally comfort and relax her. She closed her eyes and rested her head on her hero's sholder hoping it wouldn't hurt him.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:30 AM   #856
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Old 06-06-2002, 04:32 AM   #857
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I can't reply!
Old 06-06-2002, 04:34 PM   #858
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

OOC: Unregistered people can post? I didn't think they could...oh well...anyway, I'm posting to see of what Rose said is true about being unable to post, so...

Menelduliniel follows everyone, not wanting to be left out this time!
Old 06-15-2002, 02:02 PM   #859
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

i know im 22 pages late, but im enterin. is that ok? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Tinrùnya Sweetwind{characters} waltzes into the room in her battling clothes. "Ai, just back from a Warg battle!" She says aloud. The music stops and everyone looks that way. "Sorry... Hey Daniel!"