The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #401
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Second modfire of the day

Glirdan has died of a broken heart (caused by scheduling issues that have deprived the village of his wonderful self). He was an ordo.

If I have to modfire anybody else, I'ma mass murder the lot of you, declare myself winner, and pout for a very long time. All y'all stop having to drop out mah game!
Old 09-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #402
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So phantom, why didn't you vote?

And saying "in order to allow Lottie to be lynched" is not a satisfactory answer. If you are an Orc and truly believed her to be an Elf, it would've made sense to vote her as well (though it might have looked as though you were an Elf just attaching yourself to her death which was already happening, but if you're an Orc then that shouldn't matter because it's more important to lynch Elves than save yourself from possible future accusations). And the other option would be to vote someone else, which would either be a throwaway vote (Which would look suspicious), or could take someone else down too (Which could also look suspicious, as though you want to take an innocent down as well as one of your fellows, if you were an Elf.)

Anyway, my point is that whatever you would've voted would've most likely been criticised or at least questioned in some way, but not voting at all is even worse, because it makes it look as if you don't want to do anything objectionable. It even looks- dare I say it- "careful".

So why choose to vote for no-one when as an innocent Orc it would've been better to vote for who you found suspicious (or at least attempt to get someone lynched)?

I actually suspect that if the phantom does have a special role, he's the Undecided Orc who decided to leave his record clean yesterDay so that he could choose without implications in the Night. And anyway, he's been trying to prove that he's innocent since the beginning, which would be beneficial to have the rest of us believe whatever role he chose to take.

Hm... this musing seems to have ended up a bit longer than expected, but still, "I thought it prudent to leave the lynch the way it was" is no excuse to just purposefully not commit yourself to a vote when you were chosen as a carrier of votes.

edit: x-ed with Moddess Feanorc. What's happening in this game?
Old 09-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #403
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Fea:

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Or crying so hard I'm laughing. Whatever.

I need to grab some early grub and poke at the thread a bit. Back soon.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #404
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I'd like to look at the timing of his Seer reveal - because now it had occured to me that if he was a Wolf, acting boldly, and then suddenly one of his teammates was about to be lynched, his boldness suddenly meant another possible threat to the WWs' team, so maybe he could try even more ridiculous move to save his skin by revealing as a Seer? If you know what I mean. But I think that would make more sense only if he revealed after it was clear that Lottie goes.
This is a very good point. He posted that after he knew that Lottie was lynched. And knowing the phantom, a stunt like that wouldn't be too unlikely if he felt in danger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Also I should probably mention that even though I would love to receive a mandate from the masses, today is not a good day for me to be a representative. . . Unless you want a representative who show up drunk and makes a more or less random vote.
That seems about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Well the way Lottielf voted for Phantom so early in the Day it almost seems like something she would have talked to the other SoE about during the Night, so for another SoE to also do it just seems strange. Also if Sally is an elf and voted like that, I don't know why her fellow elf would come on and vote the same right after, they must have known that would draw way too much attention to themselves, and I don't see them doing that. Like I said though, it doesn't make me feel fantastic about Sally, but I would still be a little surprised if she turned out to be an Elf.
They may have thought it would be a great way to deflect suspicion. It's so obviously suspicious that maybe the hoped that no-one would vote for them. Of course, if that was their plan, it failed miserably, but with one dying it would make the other seem less suspicious, which is why I think we definitely shouldn't cross Sally off the "Suspicious" list.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #405
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It's once again getting late for me and I need to start thinking about my choice for representative.

Actually I would have loved to see Rune as one but if he's going to be drunk and not able to read the whole thread then I'll pass him. If someone already has the "alibi" of making his decision in random there's little to read on that the next Day.

I might go for Legate. He seems observant enough to see what is going on but it's still hard for me to get a proper read on him. Although as a European he will probbly need to vote a bit early as the DL is just plain crazy here (4am in Finland).

Or I could go for Lommy as I tend to trust her both for her vote (it would have been crazy for an elf to cast that number of votes on a fellow) and her frustrations felt genuine.

Needs to think and to check the situation.

EDIT: What? Glirdy drops off as well! Hey guys, stop dropping off!!!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #406
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
All right. I need to vote and then give the internet over to Lommie. I really like the idea of voting some enigmas for reps toDay, and this fellow is certainly one (while being also an intelligent and relatively active player), so I'm following Runne's lead on this one:

++ Steve for rep

I'm still suspicious of Sally - I totally get the argument for her innocence, but her every post screams elf. I'm quite convinced now that Shasticle is innocent. I'm also liking Rune and if not quite liking then at least more or less finding phantom innocent. It's Day 2 and I'm still not suspecting Nog (!!!), wonder if that's because he's actually an elf this time!

Also, what's this with all these modfires?

EDIT: x-ed with Noggins
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #407
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I'm still suspicious of Sally - I totally get the argument for her innocence, but her every post screams elf.
Welcome to the club!

Quote:
It's Day 2 and I'm still not suspecting Nog , wonder if that's because he's actually an elf this time! (!!!)
I could actually return the amazement... and the implications.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #408
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
phantom: Just a question. What if your initial premise is wrong? I'm somehow getting more and more worried it might be... I mean you have a decent quess there but the world might work differently.
Oh, I'm well aware that it may be different, but it may prove helpful in the end supposing that I am looked to for information when it comes killing-time during the night, if you take my meaning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
So phantom, why didn't you vote?
Already explained that one, m'lad. I didn't think Lottie was a bad choice, and certainly not to the point where I'd lynch Sally over her, never mind my promise not to vote for either of them as they had voted me as their Rep. And then Boro- I was definitely not confident enough to risk a double-innocent lynch.

In the end, it's the result that counts anyway, and a SoE died while an Orc did not (yes, I realize Shasta and others will absolutely hate me for saying that as if I'm tooting my own horn).

And pleeeeeeeeeeease no one else drop out!!! After Boro and Glirdan falling by the wayside we now have one less day to find the SoE.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #409
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Finally home and got a minute or two free.

Green Category (not worried about ATM)

Lommy- Hasn't been around toDay, but giving the first three votes to Lottie, along with saying nothing particularly Elven, puts her here.

Nog- Not around much, which makes me a bit nervous, but what's he's said seems innocent enough.

Greenie- Nothing to ping the Elfdar. Didn't vote for Lottie, but I thought Sally was a reasonable choice at that time.

Eönwë- Made sense yesterDay, and I see no reason to distrust him.

Rune- Nothing odd jumps out.

Yellow Category (trying to keep an eye on)

Nerwen- I do like the way she's held tp's feet to the fire, but it strikes me that she called it 'harping' when I made two posts about the same issue.

Sally- Like Nog said, reason tells me she's unlikely to be an Elf, but I still don't much trust her.

Shasta- It's not so much what he's said; just that he seems very aggressive early on.

Legate- He's always a tough one for me to get a handle on, and this time he seems a bit more subdued than I remember.

Cel- Voted for Boro on a "gut feeling", which could easily have been an attempt to save Lottie. Hasn't been here toDay.

Gray Category (ambiguous)

Folwren- Seems different from the last time I played with her, but I don't know if it means anything.

Mira- Gave tp his third vote, apparently as a joke. I didn't find it that amusing, but she hasn't been around nearly enough to look at her in any detail. If nothing changes, could go to the 'Yellow" list toMorrow.

Kath- She's playing?

Glirdan- Hasn't been around much. I can't really remember anything in particular he's said or done.

Red Category (don't trust at all)

phantom- I don't know what he would look like as an Elf, but I wouldn't put anything past him. He may not be an actual Elf, but I'm inclined to wonder if he's not indeed the OoUA who chose the Elves, and is doing all he can to divert attention to himself.

Wilwa- Split her votes for Lottie and Sally, tying them, which alone would not be enough to put her here. But I also don't like the defensiveness I've seen toDay.

x/d with all since # 395.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #410
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

++Legate for representative

Here're the votes thus far for representatives.

Nerwen for Shasta (1)
Rune for Steve
Greenie for Steve (2)
Nogrod for Legate (1)

I think more or less the same principles should apply toDay as on D1 - let's not make a kalif or czar of anyone but let's aim for a large number of representatives with more or less similar powers. And let's try to balance between those we feel good or okay about and those we'd love to see more of, thus trying to maximise information on people we can't form an opinion on and the possibility of getting an elf lynched instead of an orc.

I'll (hopefully) be around a bit more tomorrow. Let's see a pack of representatives emerging from the voting!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #411
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Also, your reasoning, it fails. Lottie didn't defend herself, she defended Phantom. And I....I wasn't even here. You knew this. Yet you still say that you preferred me, someone who wasn't here to say anything on her behalf, to someone who did have the chance and didn't say anything particularly helpful?
I find it very interesting that you're trying to make you look bad for suspecting you even through your absence, yet you haven't mentioned anyone who's suspected Glirdan, even though he was arguably around less than you before his untimely demise.

Quote:
What if I'm the seer? What if you had gotten your wish, and I would have been killed yesterDay rather than Lottie? Would you be happy about testing your suspicions then? I don't think so.
What if the sky turns green and pigs start flying? What if there's no real purpose to this accusation other than the fact that it looks like you're accusing? But to answer anyway - you aren't the Seer. You wouldn't have been so irresponsible yesterday if you were.

Quote:
For those who don't have time to read Shasta's list in full....

Innocent: Anyone who agrees with him
Undecided: People who haven't specifically agreed/disagreed with him....yet
Guilty: People who don't buy all his rubbish

Seriously, he even says that's his reasoning for who he trusts. Read the post.
For those who don't have time to read this post, this is just more Sally taking everything I say out of context as per usual in an attempt to make herself look better. Folwren suspected both you and Lottie yesterday, I believe, and was correct on Lottie, which is clearly what I meant, so this -
Quote:
Foley seems correct? How would you know if her suspicions are correct unless you know everyone's roles?
- is just silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Why?! It's exactly what Ordo-Phantom is ALWAYS hoping for! If I get Night-killed when there are gifteds still around I'm able to laugh and say with pride, "Ha! You killed the wrong person! Fooled you!"
Call me crazy, but dying isn't high on ANYONE'S wishlist. Otherwise they wouldn't have signed up for the game in the first place.

Quote:
My reference of you to a previous game was regarding an issue of overarching playing philosophy (the randomness of Day 1s). Core Werewolf beliefs are less likely to change game to game.

My point to Nerwen about other reveals in other games not mattering was regarding an issue of precise timing and persons involved. My point was that in this village at this time with this set of villagers there was zero chance of a counter-reveal.
If every single villager was a carbon copy of you, maybe. Let me repeat - you are not telepathic. You are not in everyone's heads. You cannot speak for everyone and the fact that you're trying to is insufferably arrogant (which you haven't actually been for a while).

Quote:
How can you agree with this when I have so completely trashed the notion? How does my bluff not make sense as an innocent?
FACTS:
1) I've done this exact thing multiple times as an innocent.
2) I did so at a time in which I was clearly not trying to influence the vote.
3) There was no negative risk whatsoever.
1) That does not preclude you from doing it as a baddie.
2) So?
3) Except for... the part where... there totally... was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
phantom's actions just cry for the seer to dream of him. And looking at the mess he has managed to make - two Days more or less talking only about him - would make the seer more or less irresponsible if s/he didn't dream of him and check him.
See my point re: the Seer not checking confirmed liars. I don't see why you're so intent on pushing the thought that Phantom was Seer-dreamed (and you're also trying to say that he was dreamt innocent, as far as I can tell).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
I actually suspect that if the phantom does have a special role, he's the Undecided Orc who decided to leave his record clean yesterDay so that he could choose without implications in the Night. And anyway, he's been trying to prove that he's innocent since the beginning, which would be beneficial to have the rest of us believe whatever role he chose to take.
I actually like this theory and think it's plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Shasta- It's not so much what he's said; just that he seems very aggressive early on.
What's your point? Why shouldn't I be aggressive? Answer me that.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #412
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

As far as voting for a Rep today, hmm....

Legate, Nog, Rune, and Steve were going to be my options, but Rune has asked not to be one and I from his recent posts I don't trust Steve not to stab me with my vote. I'm also slightly entertaining the possibility of electing Sally just to see what she does, or letting Wilwa have another go at it as her vote yesterday wasn't exactly conclusive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
FACTS:
1) I've done this exact thing multiple times as an innocent.
2) I did so at a time in which I was clearly not trying to influence the vote.
3) There was no negative risk whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
1) That does not preclude you from doing it as a baddie.
2) So?
3) Except for... the part where... there totally... was?
On your first point- so what? Apparently you don't understand what my point means. You originally said that my bluff did not make sense as an innocent, and my point was in answer to that, saying that it does in fact make sense as an innocent. You pointing out that I could also have done so as a baddie is completely meaningless. As a matter of fact, the way you word it, it sounds as if you actually agree with my first point (you appear to be saying that it makes sense as both a goodie and baddie, and as my whole point was that I would indeed do so as a goodie, you basically backed me up).

And I apologize for the strong wording here, but your third point is dumb. You and Nerwen both have said again and again that there was some sort of risk involved, despite the fact that there wasn't. Tell me what the risk was. Go on. Tell me. And if you say, "The Seer might've counter-revealed" I will know beyond all doubt that your rational thinking is out of whack and so will everyone else. Sorry Shasta, but you can't just keep saying stuff that is not true.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #413
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
If I have to modfire anybody else, I'ma mass murder the lot of you, declare myself winner, and pout for a very long time. All y'all stop having to drop out mah game!
Oh mah gahd, I love you. (and am a little afraid)

Going to go eat (steak, yummy), and then I'll be back to vote and such.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #414
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Thank you those who have voted for me so far. Vote me for a change, for a new dawn... er... yeah. Anyway, I seem to have got something that's made the whole back of my palate swell up. So we'll see how I am tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be able to post more then.

As for who I want to vote as rep, I'm thinking either Legate or Inzil. Or maybe even Sally, just to see what she'd do. *Thinks* Well, maybe not.

Anyway, of the two above, since he already has a vote, I think I'll cement

++Legate

as a representative.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #415
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Back... from now on it should be better with my participation (although today I am soon going to sleep). Also because I really do not feel like trying to start to decipher all toDay's talk, which anyway has been somewhat rotating around several groups arguing, as far as I can see; I would like to take a look at the voting of Reps from yesterDay, as I wanted to do in the beginning, and try to think about the process. Also so that I can make it clear for myself, start from that and that way make conclusions also for toDay and to still make a vote. First a short reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Why do you think this, Legate?
(about what I said about sally being less suspicious now after Lottie is dead) I think it's been said already here several times also by other people: simply that I find it improbable that there would be. If I was for example to start thinking that there were two Wolves among the triangle of phantom and his voters, or actually, what is it, rectangle? Phantom, sally, Lottie and Mira, I would find phantom and Lottie far more likely, and in fact, now that I think of it, even Mira-Lottie, rather than sally-Lottie. It just came so out of the blue in the very beginning, unless it was planned beforehand, it would be awkward - and then again, if it was planned, I would expect the phantom to be the mastermind behind such a thing, so here we are back again at what I said before.

I am actually now already sort of working on a post about the reps and their votes in order to see if there can be and clue as to how many of them could have been SoE, what can it tell us etc., but it is becoming rather minute work and rather disconcerting, as the answers seem to sort of dissolve into nothing. Nonetheless, it helps me make better picture of people, so I will probably continue doing that still... and then maybe make some conclusions based on that, if it's worth anything.

EDIT: x-ed from sally onwards
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #416
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, great, so now it looks like I am a Rep, that at least makes it sure that I will participate more toMorrow One more reason to finish my post and analysis... and to read toDay once again (though I may save it for after I have slept, then).

So, in a while...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #417
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So this far right about both Lottie and Boro. Not bad. Although not so right about Izzy... Well, anyway, now I feel encouraged to play and by the way, I apologise for coming so late and going away soon, but I'll be around more on the latter half of the Day.

And wait... Just spoiled myself: I don't like this. You drop outs are losing the advantage we got by being right yesterDay. Grr... Well no reason then to get too happy or lazy.

So some questions rightaway:
- Why did Izzie die?
- Why did phantom say he's the seer?

I have my theories but I'll comment on these issues once I've read others' posts and commented on them because these questions have no doubt been addressed.

Let's see...

Wilwa seems fishy but possibly in an innocent way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
Lynching is our only tool for getting the Elves, so what's the harm in getting a couple done at once? I don't understand.
Sometimes double-lynching might be smart, but not on Day1 when you have very little information on anything.

Nerwen is acting weird. Phantom's annoying me a bit, yes, but I think I know where he's coming from, or sort of. I can testify his claim about not voting fellows - I think he's always done it this far, which of course makes it improbable yet not impossible that he wouldn't do the same in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
1) If Phantom's an Orc, then his purpose is obvious and the best reaction to it would be not to ask questions about it and let him do his thing.
2) If Phantom is the Seer, then his purpose is obvious and the best reaction to it would be not to ask questions about it and let him do his thing.
3) If Phantom is a SoE, I can only assume he's trying to pass himself off as a self-sacrificing Orc, or paving the way for a future reveal. The best reaction would be to watch and wait to see what he does. I might want to question him about it, but given the odds are higher that it's one of the first two options the overall best bet would be to keep my mouth shut.
Well, I'd say 1 is the most probable option, then 3 and then 2. It's very unlikely the real seer would reveal that way, but we cannot be certain, and at this point it's happily more the SoEs' problem than ours (if he really was the seer and died either by them or us, I have no doubt we would find satisfactory clues as for the identity of his dreem subjects).

Btw although I think Nerwen is the one who is "wrong" in this issue I think you phantom are being unnecessarily haughty - if you're not the seer there is always the risk of the seer making a counter-reveal for one reason or another and however small the risk might be it still exists. Nerwen has a point there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Some of you who haven't done so- any chance you could follow the example of Rune and Greenie and make a list in which you name every villager and give a short blurb about them, or at the very least place them into categories of suspicion?
Just so that it's be easier for you and (the other?) SoEs to find the seer? Hey come on.

As for Izzie's death, weel, I'd love to check her posts for possible suspected seer dreams, but I don't have time for that now.

All in all, I'm sorry I'm not being too helpful now, but my brain is too tired to figure out who's guilty atm. I'll just vote my rep and be back tomorrow (it's 1.50 AM here).

edit: double x-ed with Legate
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #418
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++Nogrod for Rep

I wanted to vote somebody I feel kind of good about but need more info on him to be sure(r).

My other options were Zil and Foley (since Steve was already made a rep), so *hint hint* they could be made reps too. Don't you too want to know more about them?

I chose Nog mostly because I probably agree with him the most out of these three, and I also kind of trust him to hear my say in the vote if i have something worthwile to say.

Good night!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #419
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh and Rune the drunkard might've been an option too in other conditions , but I'm almost as sure of his innocence as of Greenie's and Legate's... (I think I can currently read these two/three quite well and they are innocent.)

Sweet dreams (and daydreams for you Americans and whatever dreams for Nerwen )!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #420
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Who to vote for toDay?
I'd probably go for Steve if he didn't already have two.
Legate's got two as well. Of yesterDay's reps, Lommy is the only one I might think of voting now. Hm.

Let's make it

++Shasta for rep

and see what he does.

x/d with Lommy x 2
Old 09-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #421
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

I'm going to vote now, cause I don't see myself changing my mind

++Folwren

Nerwen -> Shasta
Rune -> Steve
Greenie -> Steve (2)
Nogrod -> Legate
Eonwe -> Legate (2)
Lommy -> Nogrod
Inzil -> Shasta (2)
Wilwa -> Foley

So our reps so far: Legate2, Shasta2, Steve2

And I should still be around randomly for the next couple hours.

edit: had put Nog2 instead of Steve2, oopsie
Old 09-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #422
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

REP VOTING:

Nerwen for Shasta
Rune for Steve
Green for Steve (2)
Nog for Legate
Steve for Legate (2)
Lommy for Nog
Inzil for Shasta (2)
Wilwa for Foley

THE REPS:
Steve
Legate
Shasta
Old 09-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #423
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

All right... Rep decision time...

Is anyone else interested in seeing what Sally would do as a Rep? If not it would be a total waste for me to vote for her.

Also, is someone planning on giving a second to Nog?

Kath and Mira- are you here and can you quickly give some thoughts?
Old 09-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #424
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Is anyone else interested in seeing what Sally would do as a Rep?
I'll save you the trouble and just tell you what I'd do.

I'd kill an elf, that's what I'd do. Or I'd at least try.

Sorry, sorry, I'm mostly back. Just got back to my yesterDay's-rep-votes post and will post it shortly if all goes to plan.

P.S. I'm considering voting Nog, but I have other options as well.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #425
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

On a scale of 1 to 10 how irritated would the village as a whole become if I started begging for votes and Sally and Mira obliged?
Old 09-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #426
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
On a scale of 1 to 10 how irritated would the village as a whole become if I started begging for votes and Sally and Mira obliged?

Last edited by wilwarin538; 09-18-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: added a smiley, to emphasis the mirth of my comment
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #427
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, here goes a little overview of my analysis above the Reps of yesterDay and their votes... The basic question is this: is it likely that there were SoE among the Reps; if so, how many; how could they possibly act in such circumstances; does something point to somebody in particular?

Let's start with the Reps, there were the phantom (with three votes, but voting no one), Lommy (voting Lottie with all three votes), Nerwen (voting Boro and Sally), Izzy (voting Lottie; innocent, now dead), Wilwa (voting Lottie and sally), Greenie (voting Sally) and Celuien (voting Boro). Note: It might be quite good and interesting to try to keep some voting record for the future in order to compare those people who have been reps and how they voted, especially if they were so more times. And I mean, of course we are probably going to check who voted for whom if we are looking at somebody in particular, but I mean even generally, to sort of bear it in mind. It is "the" voting record. I am not sure how much important the voting record of choosing the Reps is this far, as it largely depends how brave the SoE are, whether they are strongly influencing the votes from the beginning (which does not seem like the case, as otherwise Lottie would not have been lynched, unless it is all some very strong plan from the beginning, like intentional sacrifice, but then again, if it was so, it would need a very bold combination of people and if you look at the list and try to combine it so that it would make sense like that, I don't see too many logically coherent options) or whether they are now getting there more "indirectly". It will most likely be more important for the SoE to get among the Reps later in the game, with smaller village, where the chance of lynching a Wolf statistically increases.

Before I get sidetracked: I find it hard to find or unveil some "clique" in the yesterDay's voting process, like to find something that could seem like "here a SoE possibly voted a SoE to get him to be a Rep", except for the notorious phantom case. Not that I would have expected anything much anyway (and especially see above as to what I think about the SoE's activity).

I must say, Boro's quitting made some things clearer (like his role), but in general I think it didn't make many things much clearer, like when it comes to the votes cast for him by the other Reps. Celuien, half of Nerwen, and phantom, namely, were thinking of voting him or voted him; phantom didn't do so only because of that he didn't want a double-lynch. It remains questionable still what to make of it. One thing we can say for sure is that tp didn't go for double-lynch even though he could: and it would have been a wolf and ordo lynch. For this, I think it looks a bit better for tp: the SoE could at least even the odds if Boro died too. On the other hand, it is true that he would have brought the wrath of all the anti-doublelynchers upon himself, not to speak of that (as it seems to be) phantom is seemingly an anti-doublelyncher himself and perhaps people know it of him and so he would not dare to change his style so much so randomly. He could even use it as a bonus for proving his innocence, of course. That all without bringing the Seer-revelation thing into the picture, but I'd like to focus now also on the others.

You know what, I must say one thing - phantom might be dominating our talks all the time, but it can be said that this way we get much more info about him than of anybody else. I mean, if we knew equally much about everybody, we'd probably win the game rather soon. In that way, his loudness is rather helpful. (But before I boost him too much: now that we know enough, tp, you could become a bit quieter and leave space for others.)

Okay, as for the rest of voters. Celuien's vote probably becomes the most questionable, and Nerwen's sort of half-and-half. Similar thing could be actually said about Wilwa, who voted in the way so that there could be a double-lynch. While she didn't vote for Boro himself, she sort of allowed the possibility, with leaving the door open. And actually when looking at this, I found it one of the things worth noting too. I don't have any problems with double-lynches, but in case sally is innocent, even this possibly might have been a subtle way for a SoE to sort of make a half-wolf-on-wolf-vote and at the same time leaving the door open for other options, sort of "keeping one's hands clean while at the same time making it possible that the teammate is saved". That's something I would do as a SoE. Greenie's vote, even though not cast for a known innocent like in the previous cases, also gave two to somebody else than Lottie. Once again, if sally is innocent, quite an effective way to save a possible SoE-mate. Since I think sally might likely be (see before), I am making a questionmark here, too.

Now let me return only for a moment to Nerwen. I think I somehow got past my phase of being paranoid about Nerwen in every game and at least on first Day, she seemed okay to me with her opening posts, and later with some of her posts toDay, still the way she e.g. argued with phantom, however dramatic it sometimes went, it does not show anything bad about her to me. Of course, if sally is innocent, then Nerwen's move could have been to give two options besides a SoE-mate, but question is, what good would it be and how much a chance was there to lynch either of her options with the votes so spread: wouldn't it have been better to vote only one person?

Okay... I think I will stop here. I am going to cast my vote for Rep, and there will be a lot to do tomorrow still, but I think my thoughts have been sort of made more consistent now (not sure if this post is, though).
Old 09-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #428
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, toDay I am not going to make it complicated and vote for the person I wanted to have for Rep the previous Day, since this time she already has one vote -

++Folwren for Rep

Okay, looking forward to toSecondHalfMorrow, and I hope people will select some good Reps here...

Good night now, people.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #429
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Before it gets too late to put another option on the table...

++Nerwen

Now let's see.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #430
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

REP VOTING:

Nerwen for Shasta
Rune for Steve
Green for Steve (2)
Nog for Legate
Steve for Legate (2)
Lommy for Nog
Inzil for Shasta (2)
Wilwa for Foley
Legate for Foley (2)
Shasta for Nerwen

THE REPS:
Steve
Legate
Shasta
Foley

ALMOST REPS (need another vote):
Nog
Nerwen

STILL TO VOTE:
Kath
Mira
Celuien
Sally
Foley
Phantom
Old 09-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #431
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, I've been thinking, and besides giving Nog a second vote or giving Sally a try, I'm considering giving Wilwa a second chance to prove herself. Anyone else up for that?
Old 09-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #432
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

There is not much more than 20 minutes until the deadline. Are Kath, Mira, Cel, or Foley going to be here (i.e. have they said anywhere that they wouldn't be here)?

Sally- if the others don't show up then we're the last two voters and we definitely need to coordinate so we don't x-post and flush our votes on non-reps.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #433
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
There is not much more than 20 minutes until the deadline. Are Kath, Mira, Cel, or Foley going to be here (i.e. have they said anywhere that they wouldn't be here)?

Sally- if the others don't show up then we're the last two voters and we definitely need to coordinate so we don't x-post and flush our votes on non-reps.
Frankly, dear, I do not want Vanilwa as a representative. I'd be okay with Nog, certainly, and I guess I could acquiesce to Nerwen being a choice, but not Wilwa.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #434
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I checked the admin thread, and there Foley says she won't be here at all today and only for the last couple hours tomorrow. Well well- I wonder what she'll say to being made a Rep under her circumstances.

So that means it's only Mira, Cel, Sally, and I.

If that.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #435
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Frankly, dear, I do not want Vanilwa as a representative. I'd be okay with Nog, certainly, and I guess I could acquiesce to Nerwen being a choice, but not Wilwa.
Well then, I certainly won't vote Wilwa. And of course I would prefer that Nerwen not be a rep considering the two-pronged fact that she was a Rep yesterday already and she's been after me today, so I'll totally beg for you not to vote for her. Please?
Old 09-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #436
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I checked the admin thread, and there Foley says she won't be here at all today and only for the last couple hours tomorrow. Well well- I wonder what she'll say to being made a Rep under her circumstances.

So that means it's only Mira, Cel, Sally, and I.

If that.
Snerk. Poor dear, she won't know what to do with herself.

I think the Nebraskans should just overrun the thread, really.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #437
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Well then, I certainly won't vote Wilwa. And of course I would prefer that Nerwen not be a rep considering the two-pronged fact that she was a Rep yesterday already and she's been after me today, so I'll totally beg for you not to vote for her. Please?
Why do you think I'm unhappy about Shasta being a rep? Not only does he suspect me, I think he's pretty darn evil. Flip-flopping orc, maybe?

Anyway, I likely won't vote her. I'd be happier with Nog anyway.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #438
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Ah well, it's good to hear that.

Should you vote Nog I would hold my vote until close to the deadline in case Cel or Mira rushes in and can agree to combine votes to make a Rep out of you. And in the end, one way or the other, I won't waste my rep vote.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #439
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Ah well, it's good to hear that.

Should you vote Nog I would hold my vote until close to the deadline in case Cel or Mira rushes in and can agree to combine votes to make a Rep out of you. And in the end, one way or the other, I won't waste my rep vote.
Heh. I was totally going to wait and see if I could get you into power.

Seriously, though....

++Noggins to protect our noggins
Old 09-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #440
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

THE REPS:
Steve
Legate
Shasta
Foley
Nog

STILL TO VOTE:
Kath
Mira
Celuien
Foley
Phantom

I would like to see Nog get seconded and combine my vote with someone else to elect Sally. Anyone else around?

(EDIT: x-post, Nog is now a Rep. Now I just have to see if Mira, Cel, or Kath is willing to vote for Sally.)