The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2006, 07:42 AM   #761
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I've looked into the lorebooks about Alcarillo. (We should have a village librarian, all this lorebook study...) When he's innocent, he's lynched or eaten early. When he's not, he survives until late or almost til the end.
Make of that what you will.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:01 AM   #762
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
Oh, and as a “bonus” for all you eager beavers out there, I can already tell you everything that Roa will say about this post. It’ll be a mix of “nonsense,” “clutter,” “in essence, saying nothing,” and “well, duh.”
Diamond, if my analysis of you yesterday upset you, get over it. We're supposed to suspect each other in this game and look for hints that will lead us to the baddies, and that's all I do. "Nonsense" is how I refer to any incharacter posting, in every single game I played. "Clutter" is for ideas and theories that aren't really thought through and just create confusion for anyone else trying to read it. And you did have several posts that stated the obvious and several posts that had lots of words but said nothing at all. If you disagree, then do so, but offer up reasons, not sarcasm. That doesn't help anyone. If you don't like being suspected, don't play the game.

Or are you just mad because I'm on to you?

And your analysis on Fea was interesting, and I'll forgive the lack of depth given the time at which it was done and the fact the Fea has said very little of depth.

Morm's analysis on Zali has me taking another look at her. She does look quite bad in analysis, as Jenny said. I'd like to hear what she has to say for herself though.

And Diamond I believe wanted an analysis on Lal. I'll do that as sson as I get back from church.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:24 AM   #763
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Hello everyone. I'm just telling you all that I have returned, but only for the time being. I shall be leaving once again in a few days. I provided some services in a village that I visted on my journey and they want me to come back for a Day to help finish what we started. Now, I'm going to go back and look over what's been said for toDay.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:54 AM   #764
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Lalaith, you make interesting points in your post #754.

I've to go now and I'm in a hurry, so here are my final thoughts.

Zali - my opinion about her hasn't changed. She might very well be a Wolf.

Kitanna - she has been really helpful with her analyses, but as others have said, her sudden helpfulness is a bit odd. I haven't had time to analyse her, so I can't tell if there's something else that looks weird in her posts.

Fea - the one on the list who looks the most EWish.

Alcarillo - possibly a Wolf.

I really think that catching the EW would be most useful now, so therefore I vote for

++Fea
dancing spawn of ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:42 AM   #765
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I've been quiet on the issue because I do not wish to be an orphan (or the sole member of my family), but I can see what you all mean about Alcarillo. He seems pretty suspicious, and I am very convinced that his death will be provided by the noose.

I don't think he's the EW. Now, you may think this is a somewhat dangerous strategy, and I am well aware of the troubles we could face, but don't you think it would be worth lynching our females to get the EW? I am certain the Great One made the EW female to balance the male GW. Don't you all think that's very likely?

(And I'm not just saying that because some people suspect I'm the EW. )

Tell me what you think. I still reckon it's Fea, and because I'm not about to argue with Gurthang (whose plan, in my opinion, is a mathematically good one) I will almost certainly be voting for Fea today.

A couple of you have today stated that she seems pretty clingy on the issue of RL. This definitely worries me. She's probably not a wolf (she'd make the most horrendous wolf pick) but being the EW she needs to buy time. That's why she keeps up this charade concerning RL difficulties, such as her earlier "I should have asked to come out of the game like Lhuna", to put her doom on hold, to make us give her the benefit of the doubt. That's fine from her point of view: she doesn't need to survive 'til the end; she just needs a good run to create numerous monsters.

Yes Fea, I'm being stubborn; but so what?

Another point I was considering yesterday. I noticed a couple of comments concerning Roa's and Diamond's unhappiness with Gurthang's plan. They seemed to be like: "Oh, no wolf would come out that strongly against the GW in public." But isn't this what the evil ones would bank on? We're all thinking it would be more likely for the monsters to just hide in the shadows as regards the plan of the GW; and this grants them the privilege to hide in the open, as it were.

Just a thought. Maybe those two (or one of them) are particularly bold and have hit upon a new method of allaying suspicion.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:20 AM   #766
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
I've been quiet on the issue because I do not wish to be an orphan (or the sole member of my family), but I can see what you all mean about Alcarillo. He seems pretty suspicious, and I am very convinced that his death will be provided by the noose.
After reading what little I could I'm not really inclined to believe Alcarillo could be a wolf or the evil wizard. And in all honesty I'm not really sure how well our past performances would be a valid point in this game, quite some fluctuation, isn't there?

Quote:
I am certain the Great One made the EW female to balance the male GW. Don't you all think that's very likely?
Quite likely, do you suggest we begin searching for Gurthang's female equivalent? I am inclined to believe it is a female, in fact I've been inclined to believe a female was the evil wizard right off the bat but that was probably because of too much Kingdom Hearts...

Quote:
Tell me what you think. I still reckon it's Fea, and because I'm not about to argue with Gurthang (whose plan, in my opinion, is a mathematically good one) I will almost certainly be voting for Fea today.
Hmm... I'll probably vote Fea again as I've done twice before, the words Fea and Evil are synonymous.

Quote:
A couple of you have today stated that she seems pretty clingy on the issue of RL. This definitely worries me. She's probably not a wolf (she'd make the most horrendous wolf pick) but being the EW she needs to buy time.
That would actually be a brilliant reason to make her a wolf. Is somebody trying to protect one of his minions? No, of course not you're setting it up against her. Quite possibly a move on your part to clear yourself?

Quote:
That's why she keeps up this charade concerning RL difficulties, such as her earlier "I should have asked to come out of the game like Lhuna", to put her doom on hold, to make us give her the benefit of the doubt. That's fine from her point of view: she doesn't need to survive 'til the end; she just needs a good run to create numerous monsters.
Yeah, that doesn't sound kind of sneaky then again I havent been around much either. And no the evil wizard doesn't need to go the end but it would be nice to. Eomer, are you sure you didn't turn Fea into a wolf and are now trying to get her lynched as the EW but in the end shall be a werewolf and hence get you at least a bit in the clear?

Eomer or Fea...? Who shall I got with? Further study is required.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #767
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I very much regret my inability to post more and of more substance. I don't really know what to do right now (just like last night) stemming from how I've been unable to do more than read as I go and develop a few thoughts that way. I have nothing conclusive on anybody.

However I have the whole next six hours free, I'm in my right state of mind, and I'm not in any excruciating pain.

Exactly what does the village need done right now that I can do to help?
Old 05-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #768
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

You know what? I'm under suspicion again. Terrific.

People have said they're going to wait to hear what I have to say for myself. I've already said all I can say, in my triple post yesterday.

Here's a quick review.

A. I'm not the evil wizard. I don't have enough time. And the amount of suspicion I've come under is pretty much all the proof that is necessary that I would be a really dumb choice for a wolf.

B. Again, You all could do worse than to lynch me today--I'm not a gifted, or anything else special. All you'll be doing is lowering the ratio of people with special roles to those without, which has got to be helpful for the village, though I'm certainly not advocating deliberately lynching an ordinary villager.

C. I have not been playing well, and I know it. I think my brain is having a stupid week. I'm smarter than this, and if I was a wolf, I'd certainly be working a little harder to attract less suspicion. I've made some dumb choices

and D. [in character nonsense] If I die, I'll be with my love Phantom. It'll be an escape from a village that seems wrongfully bent on my destruction. [/in character nonsense]

I'm at the point where I feel like I'm under attack from all directions and that not all of this attention is deserved. Morm seems to be trying to make me look guilty, but I suppose it's fairly easy to do that. He's been helpful in the past, but I feel like I'm under attack, rather than just under criticism.

I'd like to hear more from Alcarillo. I still am getting red flags from him, and I feel that he's sort of trying to fade into the background after making some mistakes. This makes me nervous.

I've made mistakes, I know, and I own up to it. I'm not trying to fade away.

He, on the other hand, has made mistakes and is dealing with it by trying to vanish. I'm not into that, and I want to hear what he has to say for himself. I'll probably be voting for him again today.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:39 AM   #769
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
My computer is taking an age to load pages (if it ever gets there ) so I'm going from what I remember from my readthrough earlier. I think I'm right in saying that the list goes:
Quote:
Zali
Fea
Alcarillo
Kitanna
Assuming that's correct, I don't think Kitanna is a wolf. I've simply seen nothing that would suggest that over the last few Days. However, I would be more inclined to believe that she was the EW, but that depends on a certain set of circumstances being true and until I can get this useless lump to work properly I won't put that theory up in case I've been imagining things.

Zali - I don't really get the suspicion around her, could someone explain that please?

Fea I think innocent. As I recall from my lorebooks, she does often bring RL into her posts so I don't find that suspicious, and I can well believe that she is too busy to be the EW. She could be a wolf but I don't think it likely that she would be this early.

So that leaves me with Alcarillo. Someone put up an analysis of him (I think it was spawn) that showed him in a rather unfavourable light. He has done a lot of in character posts which, while not suspicious in themselves, do become so when the game has been going a while and there is absolutely no substance in the post. He has also been very defensive, often a wolvish trait.

If my theory on Kitanna doesn't pan out (quite likely ) I will most likely vote Alcarillo, unless someone can explain to be why Zali has generated all this suspicion.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:45 AM   #770
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Zali - I don't really get the suspicion around her, could someone explain that please?
I'll try my best, as it's my own life on the line...

1. I've hopped on bandwaggons.
2. I voted early for Eomer a couple days ago.
3. I've been careless.
4. I made three posts in a row in my own defence.
5. I have the unfortunate tendency to apologize for votes.

Help me out, people. What else have I done?

(I'm not sorry at all if I sound a little irritated and/or sarcastic. I'm getting a little frustrated. To defend oneself is suspicious, not to defend oneself is a pretty good way of landing in the noose without making any attempt to prevent it...and I don't know about the rest of you villagers, but I don't want to give up yet. I haven't been too helpful so far, and one can only have so many second chances...*sigh*)

Hope that clarifies things for you, Kath.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:48 AM   #771
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I don't think the gender of the EW is relevant and your focus on it, Eomer, is actually one of the few suspicious things about you. What with you being a bloke yerself, and that.
The reason I don't particularly suspect you as EW is that the wolf choices we know about so far aren't ones I'd expect you to make. I don't think you've played very much if at all with any of them.
They are rather Roa-ish choices which is one of the reasons I'm worried about her.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:48 AM   #772
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hey ignore that Kitanna thing all, read back to check it out and realised I was in fact making things up

Cheers for that Zali, mind answering some more questions since you're around?

That early vote for Eomer, was that on the Day that Gurthang revealed himself, and if so did you vote before or after he put his list up?

Oh and if you want some advice, don't apologise for votes. I know, I know, it's natural, but it just gets on some people's nerves, and why offer them ammunition?
Old 05-21-2006, 11:05 AM   #773
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Cheers for that Zali, mind answering some more questions since you're around?
No, not at all. It makes me feel like I'm being interviewed

Quote:
That early vote for Eomer, was that on the Day that Gurthang revealed himself, and if so did you vote before or after he put his list up?
That vote was on Day Three. Gurthang didn't reveal himself until Day 4, which was yesterDay. I voted for Alcarillo yesterDay.

Quote:
Oh and if you want some advice, don't apologise for votes. I know, I know, it's natural, but it just gets on some people's nerves, and why offer them ammunition?
No worries. I've already learned that particular lesson!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:13 AM   #774
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
No, not at all. It makes me feel like I'm being interviewed
That's lucky, I've a few more to get through yet!

Ok, in that case what was it about the vote for Eomer that made you so suspicious? Or at least, what did people claim made it suspicious?

And what did you mean by you were careless? Meant to ask that earlier.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:19 AM   #775
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Fea, if you'd like to be useful, come up with some EW theories - there's a dear!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #776
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Will do. If y'all have anything else for me to do or any niggling questions a la Zali, I'll be lurking all afternoon.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:25 AM   #777
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Quote:
That's lucky, I've a few more to get through yet!

Ok, in that case what was it about the vote for Eomer that made you so suspicious? Or at least, what did people claim made it suspicious?

And what did you mean by you were careless? Meant to ask that earlier.
The vote for Eomer was the first vote of the day, and it looked like a safe vote, hopping on an easily-visible future bandwaggon. It was already obvious that he'd be a big vote-earner, and so my vote looked like just a safe vote. It was honestly made out of suspicion for him, but given that I had so far voted for every bandwaggon that came along: Loki, Nogrod, and now Eomer, it looked bad. I knew it looked bad when I first made it.

Someone suggested that I just shouldn't have voted if I could only get on so early in the day...And my response to that is, it was a lose-lose situation. I knew my vote looked bad when I made it...and I had contemplated not voting at all, but after weighing the two, I decided that both would earn me about the same amount of suspicion.

The carelessness? Well, I feel like I haven't been performing up to the standard of my ancestors. It's actually a word I lifted from someone else's post, I think Morm's. Perhaps he knows better than I do. Honestly, I've just made some dumb choices--apologizing, that vote for Eomer, etc. I also haven't posted as frequently as others have.

Edit: Crossposted with Lalaith and Fea.

I'm going to vanish for a while in about 15 minutes...just as a heads-up. I'll be back later, though, so if anyone wants/needs to know anything else from me, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 05-21-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #778
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
I have realized that, although you could find him by lynching, it is unlikely. There are far more wolves, so I actually think you should try to keep their numbers down. If you find the EW in the process, well that would be the best luck ever.
I agree. Somebody has to keep down the wolf population, right? I mean, we should of course keep theorizing about the EW-ness of different villagers, and certainly if we think the EW is on The List, we should vote for them, but in general we can leave it to Gurthang to try to find the EW at night.

Maybe the EW is purposefully acting like a wolf... [S]he could then tell the 4 wolves to loudly proclaim they think [s]he could be a wolf but not the EW, and thus we shouldn't lynch them yet. After all, the EW doesn't care about escaping suspicion entirely; [s]he is just trying to last long enough to give the wolves a good chance of winning.

I have to vote soon. I've suspected both Kitanna and Zali, but both seemed pretty innocent in their posts yesterDay. Kitanna I don't feel very worried about anymore. She's seemed helpful toDay. And Zali, well, her posts seem so earnest. I'm concerned that Zali might be fooling us with sheer earnestness, though. Still, I can keep doubting myself around in circles, or I can go with my gut. My gut tells me those two are innocent.

So, that leaves Alcarillo and Fea. Both seem a bit wolvish, but my lorebooks tell me nothing about the behavior of either. I tend to suspect Fea more, though, from others' analyses.

So, as I must go:

++Feanor
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:45 AM   #779
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

This post is based on how I suspect an EW might act. This is not an accusatory post, but a thinking aloud one.

There is always a general consensus that players fit into one of three categories: loud and bold, quiet and creepy, suspiciously average and non-suspicious. "He" will be used for convenience.

S1: Quiet and Creepy:

Our Evil Wizard is clever, hiding out behind villagers and wolves that are naturally loud and suspcion-drawing. He won't need to worry about attention being shifted to him until after the village has relieved itself of everyone that garners attention on their own. He could do as little as post only once in a while, saving his activity for the darkness of night, or he could be ambitious and perhaps nudge attention toward people that it's easy to set up. However, this Evil Wizard does not take chances. He is a player that is always quiet because he knows as well as anyone that switching traditional tactics is almost a guarantee of death.

S2: Loud and Bold:

This Evil Wizard plays with no holds barred. He will blatantly lie and laugh when his bluffs, double-bluffs, and even triple-mega-uber-hugeoriffic-mondo-bluffs work. This Evil Wizard is the one that knows how people think and manipulates them right out in the open. This Wizard is either somebody that you’ve suspected from the beginning or is somebody that you don’t suspect because it would be too obvious. This is the one that should have been dreamt of first night but is counting on the idea that everybody else knows it and doesn’t think he’d have the audacity to be intentionally evil when he knows perfectly well they’ll kill him. Perhaps less crazed as that, a loud Wizard might be less obviously suspicious and more generally helpful. This wizard posts theories, suspicions, occasionally defends people, and analyzes objectively (or at least as much so as one can). This Wizard, however bold he or she might be, is most definitely a vocal Wizard. This Wizard couldn’t avoid the spotlight if he wanted to, so he plays to his own fame.

S3: Suspiciously Average and Non-Suspicious

This Wizard is one of two things: everybody vaguely suspects him because he’s vaguely suspicious or everybody vaguely suspects him because he isn’t. Either way, nobody actually suspects him enough to do anything about him. He plays averagely, posting neither too much, nor too little, with careful deliberation before saying anything. He posts suspicions after careful analysis, positing few original or far-fetched theories, but rather playing purely by the facts. This Wizard is a player that is generally trusted because he is generally helpful and objective.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #780
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Next post coming soon to a store near you.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #781
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Everyone presently playing would fall under one of those stereotypes... :/
Old 05-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #782
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Give me a minute! I'm not done, silly.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #783
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Back! A few things...

Zali, after the read through, and reading her responses to Kath, looks decidedly un-EW-ish. She also doesn't seem like a likely wolf choice, especially with all the suspicion she's come under. It could be a double bluff, or triple bluff, or whatever, but I doubt it. There's also a possibility that she's the last original, but given the number of wolves that have died, and the times at which they died, it seems highly unlikely that one of the originals remain.

Eomer is clearly a misogynist. No, I can see where his idea has merit, but if it's wrong, we run the risk of allowing the EW to escape simply by looking away from the males. Not only that, if we only lynch females, then the EW could simply make all the wolves male, and by the time we get the EW, it will be too late.

I'm still not seeing the whole Alcarillo suspicion. The claims still seem loosely based to me, and not really well founded.

Fea looks... normal, really. Which is frightening. I've only got one entry of Fea in my lorebooks (my very first story, infact), and she died early but active. It seems she and I butted heads a few times, I thought she was guilty, and she turned out to be a gifted.

Kitanna I'm not sure about. I strongly doubt her as the EW. It just doesn't seem likely. (Besides, I'm harboring a pet theory of Diamond=EW.) As a wolf, it's possible. Of course, I wonder if we might have caught a wolf turned last night?

Quote:
Truthfully, no. I have realized that, although you could find him by lynching, it is unlikely. There are far more wolves, so I actually think you should try to keep their numbers down.
I think I said this on Day one. The game ends when the wolves are dead, not when the EW dies, or at least that's my understanding of it. And the longer we keep wolf numbers down, the longer we keep the EW from having an oportune time to reveal, which I suspect it's Gurthang's biggest worry. The best situation for the EW would be if we kept lynching innocents to find the EW, he kept making wolves, and suddenly, we lost our seer again. The EW might then challenge Gurthang, and remove our only chance of getting more gifteds, leaving a rather high ratio of wolves to innocents, and near impossible chances of a village victory. If we can for certain catch the EW, then by all means we should, but until then we need to catch wolves to sto pthe EW from being able to take advantage of us in a weakened state.

Also, to those suspecting me simply because I might have done some thing like what's happened were I the EW, please, come up with better reasons. You don't know who I would pick or what I would do as an EW. The role is entirely different than that of a wolf, which you have recorded in you lorebooks. You can "see" me doing something to that effect, but all that is just speculation, and not really evidence.

(We had a talk about the Da Vinci Code in church today. Does it show?)

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #784
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Lalaith, you'll no doubt notice that I already laughed about me being male and my theory excluding me from EW-ness. Of course it's not 'relevant' as such, but I think it's very likely that the EW is female. Your own attempt to discredit such an obviously decent idea is quite suspicious in itself, especially as I think you make a better evil one than most others.

Sleepy, your idea is interesting but ultimately unlikely. Were I the EW and the village discovered it, you would no doubt go after Fea in a big way the next day, considering what I've been saying about her. So it would be stupid for me to play the way I've played if I were the EW and Fea was my minion.

Azaelia's recent posts are doing her no favours. They are extremely self-centred. If you are going to die then at least spend your remaining time giving the village your genuine thoughts, so we will be helped tomorrow. Thy constant defence is only a negative.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #785
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm not your minion ergo you could play however you wanted pertaining to me if you were EW.

still working on second big post
Old 05-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #786
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Yes, the EW could now make all his wolves male if we think along the lines 'EW = female'; but that only comes into consideration tomorrow.

Edit: Fea, you miss my point. I was demonstrating how Sleepy's theory doesn't work. He doesn't know you're not my minion.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #787
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm afraid I might not be able to come back after this, so here it goes:

++Alcarillo

He hasn't sat right with me at any phase during this game. He is a wolf, I think.

Now, you must be asking, why am I after wolves though a few hours ago I was convinced that we must find the EW and raging about a stupid list. I apologise, Gurthang, O Mighty GW, I did not see the point. After reading your and Cara's posts I can see it. The village hunts wolves. GW and the seer hunt the EW.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:09 PM   #788
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Edit: Fea, you miss my point. I was demonstrating how Sleepy's theory doesn't work. He doesn't know you're not my minion.
(Bold my own)

Odd choice of wording, my friend. Possibly a harmless slip but for some odd reason it clears you in my mind...

++Feanor
Old 05-21-2006, 12:12 PM   #789
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
Odd choice of wording, my friend. Possibly a harmless slip but for some odd reason it clears you in my mind...
It's certainly an odd choice of wording, but one that clears him? I'm more likely to entertain the notion that he's EW and you're one of his minions and he hasn't told you your compatriots because of it than I am to vindicate him over it.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:15 PM   #790
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Sorry it took me so long to get back. I kind of dozed off for a bit and just woke up.

Quote:
Glirdan--Far too little talk and I always fear that this could be a diversionary tactic. Of course he wouldn't be a wolf because he's never around...but then wouldn't that be just perfect?(morm)
Did I not say that I was going to be away for two Days (four in RL)? I could have sworn I did...

Morm's analysis of Zali really makes her look guilty in my eyes, yet, I'm not quite convinced she is. How do we know that she's not a very confused innocent?

Quote:
I don't think he's the EW. Now, you may think this is a somewhat dangerous strategy, and I am well aware of the troubles we could face, but don't you think it would be worth lynching our females to get the EW? I am certain the Great One made the EW female to balance the male GW. Don't you all think that's very likely?

(And I'm not just saying that because some people suspect I'm the EW. ) (Eomer)
You know, this isn't that much of a crackpot theory as it first sounds. I wouldn't be surprised if you happened to be right and it might be a good idea to follow this stratagey. Let's see, there are seven men and twelve women. Seeing as Gurthang is the GW, that leaves a total of six unkown men and still twelve unknown women. If we look at these statistics, it looks far more probable that the EW is a woman.

Quote:
You know what? I'm under suspicion again. Terrific.(Zali)
[sarcasam]
No! Really? I thought it was the man in the moon.
[/sarcasam]

Quote:
C. I have not been playing well, and I know it. I think my brain is having a stupid week. I'm smarter than this, and if I was a wolf, I'd certainly be working a little harder to attract less suspicion. I've made some dumb choices
Ya, I've noticed you've been playing oddly as well, which makes you suspicious. According to my books of lore, there are very few people who play the same way whether they be innocent, Gifted or Cursed and, by the looks of it, you don't fall under that category.

I'll be around if you need me.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #791
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

All post counts are as of the time that I checked them and are therefore slightly out of date.

Quiet Players:

Zali – 15
Glirdan - 12
Alcarillo - 10
Oddwen - 8
Sleepy Ranger - 7
Eonwe - 4

There are dead villagers that have made more noise than these people.

Average Players:

Caranlondien - 33
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant - 27
Jenny Hallu – 21
Kath - 18
Kitanna - 18

They're not too loud, not too quiet; tend to blend in a bit.

Loud Players:

Diamond - 52
Roa Aoife - 52
Lalaith – 51
Gurthang - 41
Eomer - 39
mormegil - 37
Lommy – 37
Feanor - 36

The ones people are paying attention to.

Next post on its way.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #792
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
It's certainly an odd choice of wording, but one that clears him? I'm more likely to entertain the notion that he's EW and you're one of his minions and he hasn't told you your compatriots because of it than I am to vindicate him over it.
One could take it anyway really, I believe todays lynching will tell us something. Of course, who in their right mind would point out that a certain something makes them look like the villain? Anyway, you're a frisky player and I never know what to make of you, lets hope I havent made wrong this time.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:21 PM   #793
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Henceforward I'm removing Gurthang from my list for obvious reasons. I'm removing myself because I'm not guilty. If you feel the need to include me within my thoughts, feel free.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #794
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Odd choice of wording? What are you talking about? Sleepy suspected Fea of being Eomer's minion; Fea points out that she is not Eomer's minion; Eomer points out that Sleepy doesn't know that Fea is not Eomer's minion.

Sleepy doesn't know that, so can you give an explanation why it's odd? And if this does somehow indicate that I'm evil, Sleepy, then why on earth would it clear me? You are making very little sense to me.

Lommy, the village needs as many shots at finding the EW as possible, so that includes lynch-votes. Or am I totally wrong? Is your proposition something that the village has discussed thus far?
Old 05-21-2006, 12:34 PM   #795
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Who I find most likely in each group to desire a position of Evil Wizardry :

Diamond
Roa Aoife
Eomer
mormegil

Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Kitanna

Zali
Alcarillo
Oddwen
Sleepy Ranger

The two I know nothing about:

Eonwe
Caranlondien

Semi-Vindicating (from the role of EW ONLY):

Lalaith
Lommy
Jenny Hallu
Kath
Glirdan
Old 05-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #796
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Thanks for that Zali! Isn't it nice to have a calm discussion I think I understand where everyone was coming from now, but I don't think Zali guilty.

So, from that list my only real suspicion is:

++ALCARILLO

My mind won't change so there is little point in waiting to vote, and I'm not entirely sure that I would be back by the deadline as we have a film to watch.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:36 PM   #797
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Sleepy doesn't know that, so can you give an explanation why it's odd? And if this does somehow indicate that I'm evil, Sleepy, then why on earth would it clear me? You are making very little sense to me.
No, what you said made me believe you're innocent. It didn't make you look evil to me in anyway, as for Fea, she was the only person I had left seeing how I'm still not too comfortable about whats happening.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:40 PM   #798
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Funny that; considering the implication appeared to be that I had made an evil Freudian-slip.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #799
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield I'm thinking...

Evil Wizard:

Fea.

Her monsters:

Caranlondien, Lalaith, and 2 others.

++FEA
Old 05-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #800
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Who has played most suspiciously (from my perspective) from each group:

Diamond
Roa Aoife
Eomer

Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant

Zali
Alcarillo

Semi-Vindicating (from the role of EW ONLY)

mormegil
Oddwen
Sleepy Ranger
Kitanna