The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2006, 12:24 AM   #1081
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Narya

Absolutely wonderful game had by all!! No really, I think everyone did a really great job in this one! And yes, even you Phantom....that would be why I decided to get rid of you when I did("I"meaning the first wolf to get in a pick) I knew that you would be the Hunter, but I still couldn't have you around for another Day wreaking havoc for us wolves. That being said I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too much for your "kill" .

From reading the DW discussion thread, I really think that Lmp has got some flaws ironed out and the next game should be pretty "safe" to play....and I just might like to join in again .

Applause for Roa! You made some wonderful choices(and wolves ). And thanks for the description of me.....although I don't know about the ninja part, but meh it sounds really cool.

Again, great game everyone and Lmp....superley-evil-gory narrations.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:58 AM   #1082
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
If I'm remembering right, only two (or was it three?) people made it through my Wizard test, and you came through looking the best out of them.
This is something I found amusing- everyone figured me out through speculation and theorizing, not by any actual evidence. The same goes for most of the suspicions against my wolves. So, I guess that speaks to the skill on both sides. The bad side didn't slip up and give themselves away, but the good side figured it out through speculation. Too bad specualtion never works very well in lynching someone.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #1083
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm glad I went on holiday. I needed one, to recover from the frustration.
I'll enjoy reading the post-mortem posts, now...
Old 06-05-2006, 02:16 AM   #1084
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Having read through, here's a couple of questions I'd still like answered:
1. Did either of the wizards reveal their identity to any of their team at any point? Did they reveal their team-mates? Or were all team members (by this I mean gifteds and wolves) in the dark about everything?
2. What was the "warning" the Good Wizard received that was mentioned in the narration, as one of the reasons for the EW getting extra wolves?
Old 06-05-2006, 03:22 AM   #1085
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Having read through, here's a couple of questions I'd still like answered:
1. Did either of the wizards reveal their identity to any of their team at any point? Did they reveal their team-mates? Or were all team members (by this I mean gifteds and wolves) in the dark about everything?
2. What was the "warning" the Good Wizard received that was mentioned in the narration, as one of the reasons for the EW getting extra wolves?
1. Mormegil learned that Roa was the evil wizard through a mishap, but Roa used it to her advantage.
2. The warning was buried in the narrative early on: the Watchers came to the good wizard and warned him that there would be an evil, and urged him to scry on Night One. It was my way of making a Night One scry believable in terms of the narrative. Moderator licence. Or licentiousness, if you like. I've learned a valuable lesson out of it. See the Dueling Wizards Suggestions thread for details.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #1086
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Narya

Myself and Nogrod also knew Roa's identity fairly early on, I think it was Night 2 or something like that. We all were, however, in the dark about everything else ie: which wolf was which. I kinda liked it.....made for a much easier play.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote