The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2011, 06:49 AM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Ring 'The One Ring' game on Facebook

I've avoided Facebook games, especially since they made me leave my secure connection. However, I've seen people playing a game called "The One Ring" recently. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it interesting enough to warrant slipping into insecure mode? Can it be played by single players or does it require a group? How much time does it take up? I really hesitate to begin something new if I don't know what's involved...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shield

I checked it out and can't say I recommend it. The game is click-click-click wait for more energy-repeat. Similar to Mafia wars and many other facebook games. Some people enjoy this type of game, but I don't.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Does this mean I can look forward to several offerings of lembas on my wall?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
I play it every day. I am on the Plains of Rohan at the moment having somehow gained four dwarves from The Hobbit as companions....strange.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I've given it a try and have to agree with The Wight Himself. The music is nice if a bit bland, but gameplay is rather lame. I mean, come on, folks - I earned the hobbits' trust simply by clicking on a couple of buttons? No dialogue options, nothing? You're kidding, right? I've played more entertaining games back in the 1980s.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
Rumil
Sage & Onions

Rumil has been trapped in the Barrow!
Eye Spec-ulation

Ah, you too Pitchwife-

"You wait - time passes"

and

"Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold."

Don't think I ever got past the spiders