The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #81
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Let's cast a second stone, shall we?

++Nogrod
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #82
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Wha's this? Nogrod is suspectin' Mac because I made a joke nobody understood, Mac suspectin' Nog because of that... ye gods.

It be déjà vu all over again, scalliwags.

I suggest that we lynch one o' them scurvy dogs that be not contributin' instead o' th' loudmouths like Nogrod here. Yarr, he might be mutinous, an' he might not, but he's more likely to slip up, wi' all th' tongue-waggin' he's wont t' do.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #83
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Thank's Mac, once again. Don't you ever learn?

You just ripped me off for new choices as I think I need to cast another as well. So great timing f(r)iend!

Okay, I'll send my post I was making first and come back to this then...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #84
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Here would be the easy-going ones... (numbers being the number of posts - and Izzy has not posted but I'd give her the benefit of doubt at least now as it's possible she doesn't just know the game is on)

Mithalwen 2
Annunfuiniel 2
Eomer of the Rohirrim 2
wilwarin538 2
Mirandir 1
McCaber 1
satansaloser2005 1

I hate it everytime someone who would actually play gets lynched and those not interested (or ready to make an effort) get by Day1's.

Mith seemed to be in a rush even if I felt some bad vibes with her from a long time.

Annu is new to the game if veteran to the 'Downs and I'd give her my benefit of doubt as well.

Eomer has been just downright calculating and should be hanged for that - and for his general "get away from Day1 problems by just not posting" -attitude. But I'm also knowledgeable that he can be of help later - even if we really should lynch him a couple of times just to force him to play also on Day1 - and we could start on this Day...

wilwa... well, not too good either. Underlining that her vote was random, completely random even - and saying she'd be better on Day2! What better way for a baddie to skip the scrutiny and the chance of getting lynched on Day1 which is - to be sure - the saddest result for a baddie in a team.

Mira has one post worth nothing. Out for a "few hours" eight hours ago? Okay, that might be for real as she would probably not have said that were she a wolf trying to avoid attention and then break her promise in that obvious way (so a bored ordo who doesn't give the heck to this?).

McCaber sent the first post of the Day and never returned... Suspicious but maybe even too obvious? Anyway I don't like it.

Sally made one as well. Just as crazy as she is. I may feel a bit more relaxed with her than with some others as she actually seemed to be in a hurry.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #85
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Right. Thar's still not much t' go on, to my way o' thinkin'. I be goin' t' th' bunk right soon, so's a vote has t' come now.
McCaber popped in at th' day's dawnin' n' right away condemned ol' Shasta fer bein' the second in command n' standin' ta' benefit th' most from the poor Cap'n's head bein' detached. He's not been seen since to offer anythin' more.
A thin case may be, but thin's all I see t' work w' now.

++ McCaber

Edit-x'd with Nogrod and Rikae
Old 06-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #86
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sally, Boro, Annu, Nerwen, Gwath, Nogrod, Caber, Mira, Izzy, and Mith, 10 people, are still left to vote, yet less than 10 posts in the last half hour, and less than one more half hour left.

Last minute frenzy of barely explained votes, or half a ship of non-voters - which is it going to be?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #87
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
It be déjà vu all over again, scalliwags.
Hah, exactly.

But where is everyone?

From my list I suspect the most Mith and Eomer (and outside of it Boro and... surprise: Mac!), but those I would leave to the baddies to confirm us as non-baddies with their death and thence being able to be helpful.

I need to check the other low-posters as well it seems...
Old 06-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #88
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
-High-Pitched Annu ~ Surgeon
Givin 'er the newbie benefit o' doubt fer toDay.
Why thanke' o ye Infected 'un. But I ortin' t' be votin' fer ye fer callin' me Olutkannu (tho it rhymes)!

Arrr, this be mighty hard! None o' ye be havin' spake anythin' useful while I be in me bed. Said a lot but nay much, if ye catch me drift.

Me gut feelin's that thar be somethin' "funny" in th' way Boro and Nog be attackin' one another... But ev'n more worryin' be th' thin' with th' 'otes a-scatterin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Boro -> Nogrod
Shasta -> Boro
Little Green -> Shasta
An' whom might Nogrod be voting? If it'll be Lil, thar seems to be a patt'rn... or nay.

Last edited by Annunfuiniel; 06-15-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Annunfuiniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #89
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Last minute frenzy of barely explained votes, or half a ship of non-voters - which is it going to be?
I might call you a hypocrit but I won't... If you're a baddie your timing is perfect and your "moral highground" as good as Mr. W's... But as I don't know I will restrain myself from that verdict.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #90
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Lost. I've had time to look at this thread about a half an hour in total toDay (and all this nonsense - even if funny - doesn't help forming opinions) - and lately I have been writing Arda Soccer results - and now it's 5AM and I need to go to sleep. Sorry mates. Bad day for werewolfing.~Nogrod
Well ye best start lookin' fo' it, because if ye be true, we will be needin' ye spirit befo'e th' end.

I said my 'ote would not stick, but ye be on a short leash, mate.

--Nogrod

Quote:
I would, aye, but I'd also say tha' I dun like it. ~Lommy
'Tis may not get answered 'til morrow, by why that be?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #91
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I might call you a hypocrit but I won't.
Care to explain? Because I didn't give a lot of explanation in my vote post? I think I stated my opinion before.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #92
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh my. It's fifteen to the deadline (isn't it?). So I seem to be stuck on this to the bloody end.

McCaber is the easy one to pick and possibly a good one to try (he's not too helpful), but is it too easy to have chances of succeeding?

wilwa I'm afraid we get wrong even if I hate the way she posted (double confirming the randomness of her vote).

I might go for Mith or Eomer but somehow dislike the idea. Let it just be known I have bad feelings about them (I have such a lot of things to do I'm probably not going to hang around too much after I'm dead).
Old 06-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #93
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Wilwa made her inability to be here today known in ad'ance, doesn't mean she is innocent, but fo' that me belie'e she be awarded another day.

An' granted me thinks the last two times me defended McCaber he turned out baddie, but his randomness, an' light activity that re'eals nothin' does not make him look wol'ish. It's when he be makin' an attempt to be more acti'e an' post more when ye need to watch him closely.

Edit: I be crossin' with Nog and Mac an' I will prolly be goin' in an' out of pirate talk as the deadline approaches, my apologies Cap'n
Old 06-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #94
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Care to explain?
At this moment when frantically trying to make a judgement? No. If what was there after that sentence is not enouigh I need to explain it to you later - if it's something you're actually curious about and not just the wolf you are trying to play this game that is...
Old 06-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #95
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

No one else around but me, Boro and Mac (and Annu & Rikae a time ago?

Any fresh ideas?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #96
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Aggh! Nothin' tangible still, an' th' Day be wanin'....

But thar seems be some conspiracy goin' on with Boro retracting 'is 'ote on Nog after Mac's second vote on him (Nogrod that is)...

Boro or Nog, Nog or Boro or......more RUMMMM!!!

++Nogrod

Still huntin' fer more clues though...
Old 06-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #97
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Arr...

++Shasta

Returnin' the deed first mate...an' I would personally like to see what Lommy tries to do wit' us an' all 'tis power.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #98
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annunfuiniel View Post
++Nogrod

Still huntin' fer more clues though...
You're so wrong which is sad, but it's your call. Fair enough.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #99
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, I be not understandin' all this German malarkey (is malarkey a pirate-ish word? I'm not entirely sure) but I's being serious earlier about them scurvy dogs Nog and Boro. But this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Mate Kath
sally - pokes Boro a bit.
....isn't really all that accurate, me hearties. Well, 'tis, but I was being serious about two of them possibly being cobblers. Then again, we best not be worrying about cobblers at this point, or else we all be sleeping with the fishes (now I'm a pirate who's in the mob?) before too long. So I be putting them two under my wood pile for a bit, at least I think.

I also be noticing this by our Little Green Alcoholic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green around the gills
I be uneasy 'bout that ol' Shark Tooth - he seems to be fishin' fer an easy lynch of a potentially dangerous sailor. I be goin' to me bunk soon, an' will snore o'er th' decision time. I ain't sure o' who t' vote, but it'll probably be fer ol' Shasty fer th' thingy I just mentioned - unless there'll be a better un emergin' in a minute.
I be gettin' a bit of funny feelings from that there Shasta too, but I don't think it be a hunch worth following with a lynch.

The sands in me hour glass tell me it be nearly Nightfall, so I best stop flapping me lips and get to voting. Here be my feeling on all ye people. Avast!

-Legless Sally Dawkins ~ Carpenter
Arrrr, that be me, mateys. I be chopping wood but not chopping off the cap'n's head. Be ye all warned, for I won't be helpin' ya if ye kill me.

-Puffy Shirt Rikae ~ Cabin Boy
Seems decent enough, at least as much as a cabin boy can wearing a shirt like that.

-Pirate Lommy the Infected ~ Quartermaster
Strangely aggressive, or at least seems so to me. Bad luck having a woman on board anyway, especially an infected one.

-Gangrenous Inziladun Jones ~ Pilot
Another infected crewmember. Also getting a bad vibe from this'un, but not as much.

-Pirate Boromir the Malformed ~ Gunner
Possibly one of our co-conspirators, but I can build me a sturdy box around th' guns and he'll be harmless.

-Stutterin’ Wilwa Scab ~ Cook
Has she even been here?

-Shark Tooth Shasta ~ First mate
Power-hungry son of a sea w(hor[s]e)

He be trying to help me with me legs, but it could just to get me on his side, so I be keeping an eye on him.

-Whinin’ Eomer Bonny ~ Musician (Pur-loined Violin)
Nothing to say about this laddie.

-Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow ~ Cooper
A bit of a weird blighter. May be evil, but after all the talk of his not-confession toDay I'll cut him a break because we need to be concentrating on more than just one o' us.

-Almost-Blind Nerwen ~ Navigator/Sea Artist
Don't think she'd have the vision (literally and figuratively) to cut off Capn' Black Death Brinn's head.

-Lil' Green the Staggering Drunk ~ Powder Monkey
Staggering drunk and perhaps a bit of a landlubber, but leaving her for now.

-Poop Deck Kath ~ Musician (Pipe)
Strange smell coming from this one, but then again....look at her title.

-Cowerin' Gwath Slasher ~ Powder Monkey
Gwathie-powder monkey. Nothing on him, except that I like to rib him.

-Pirate Nogrod the Fashionably Late ~ Gunner
Fashionably late, so I don't think he was up cutting up the cap'n. Maybe trying to lead a mutiny though, so keep your eye(s) on him.

-Slippery McCabbie Dagger ~ Boatswain
Slippery indeed, but evil? Not sure, me hearties.

-Dancin' Mira Blythe ~ Striker
Nothing.

-Ham-Hands Izzy ~ Striker
See Mira.

-Short Ruth Mithril ~ Cook
She best be not poisoning our grub, for right now I think she be innocent.

-Stinkin' Eön Bloodbeard ~ Powder Monkey
Steve, the stinking ingrate. I think he's okay for now.

(Posting this now, sorry for having such a long post right before DL. I'll check the vote count and be back in a second.)

ETA: I forgot to put in my thoughts about Mac, or they were deleted or something. Sorry for the confusion, but they're back in now.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 06-14-2009 at 10:07 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #100
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I think I'll go wi' what I said b'fore, an' weed out them that don't speak their mind, lackin' anythin' better t' go on at th' time being. At th' very least, it forces th' mutineers to kill somone with more of a trail.

--Inziladun

++McCaber

Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #101
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Yikes, I don't have much time to vote. I thought DL was later.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #102
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Alright, with Boro's retraction there really isn't a chance of lynching Nogrod anymore, so I might as well drop it.

--Nogrod

I don't suspect Sally. I think Rikae and Lommy are innocent. Inziladun looks a bit worse after his vote, but I won't vote for him toDay. Boro looks innocent. Wilwa deserves a close look tomorrow. Shasta looks bad but would be an easy pick. Annu is new. I don't have a good feeling about lynching Eomer. I don't have anything to go after Nerwen. Same with Little Green, Kath, Gwath. McCaber is another easy pick. Mirandir and Izzy haven't really spoken yet, and I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt for now. I don't like voting Mith for no reason. I have a bad feeling about lynching Eonwe.

So there.

edit: crossed since I don't know where...
Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #103
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I have two, McCaber has and Shasta... The usual suspects that is?

From those I'd pick

++ McCaber

just for being a bad sport (and hopefully an evil person trying to sneak through this Day).

EDit: X'd with a few...
Old 06-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #104
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Shasta

Strikes me funny.

(Now I'm going to go format my other post 'cause it looks bloody awful)

I don't think we should go for that there Nogrod toDay. Just sayin', me mateys.

ETA: Oh dear, mass crossing. I think I'll leave me vote though.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #105
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Heck.

++Nogrod, again
Old 06-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #106
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Aaaah, um,

++Wilwa

Poetic irony. Best I can do.

EDIT: Oh CRAP it isn't bolded!

Last edited by Gwathagor; 06-14-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #107
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

*is underwhelmed*
Old 06-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #108
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh for the love of Jack Sparrow....

*headdecks*

ETA: Gwath, your vote's not bolded, dear.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #109
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Belay that talk! 'Tis deadline.

I need to count the tally to be sure, but I believe it is McCaber who is to be sent to Davy Jones' locker.

EDIT: Indeed it is McCaber who has the black spot. His role was....well, I'm not gonna tell you that!

Narration should come sometime tonight, probably sooner than later since I'm tired.

P.S. Gwath's vote doesn't count since it was not bolded.

Last edited by Brinniel; 06-14-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:04 AM   #110
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Day 1

Th' Grey Gaurhoth's first day without a (livin') cap'n was a chaotic one. Bein' th' rude band 'o pirates they were, they all took th' time to accuse, insult, 'n threaten one another. Shark Tooth Shasta made an attempt to take charge 'n keep th' ship organised. But all he got in turn were pointed fin'ers.
"Obviously he be our culprit," Slippery McCabbie was th' first to state. "Bein' next in line, he must've offed our cap'n to pillage th' position."
"Arrr, that be a ridiculous theory," replied Shark Tooth Shasta. But it seemed several others agreed wit' Slippery McCabbie.
"Off to Davy Jones he be," cried Sally Dawkins.

But as th' day continued on, th' crew decided that Slippery McCabbie's sudden silence after his first accusation was most disconcertin'.
"His name explains it all. He be too quick to point his fin'er, then he goes to hide like a coward," said Lommy th' Infected. "These be not th' actions 'o a loyal hand. We ought to strin' him up!"
Several others grunted in agreement 'n th' decision was made.

Puffy Shirt Rikae 'n Nogrod th' Fashionably Late grabbed hold 'o their bosun 'n Inziladun Jones threw th' hempen halter around his neck. Luckily fer poor McCabbie Dagger, his death was a quick one as th' rope immediately snapped his neck wit' a loud crack. But 'o course, like Cap'n Brinn, death would not be th' end 'o him.
"Now what be ye swabs goin' to do?" he asked, still hangin' from th' hempen halter. "I told ye lot I be innocent, but ye had to be off murderin' me anyway."
"Ye may be dead, but whar's th' proof ye're innocent?" Boromir th' Malformed replied. "We can't just take ye word fer it."
"No we can't," agreed Cowerin' Gwath. "But how be we to be knowin' when we've caught our mutineers?"
"I suppose we'll be knowin' once thar be no more deaths at nightfall," answered Mac Sparrow. "Surely these aggressors won't stop wit' our cap'n. All 'o us may have to sleep wit' one eye open t'night."
"Well that won't be easy," sighed Almost-Blind Nerwen adjustin' her tattered eyepatch.

Leavin' th' corpse 'o Slippery McCabbie hangin' next to th' head 'o their cap'n to rot, th' crew 'o th' Grey Gaurhoth settled in fer what would be a long nightfall.
"If they think t'night's goin' to be rough, they have no idea what's comin' fer them in th' days to follow," commented Black Death Brinn to her dead companion. "Be interestin'... Begad, me nose itches. Whar's a hand when ye need one?"

The Living:

-Lil' Green the Staggering Drunk ~ Powder Monkey

The Ghosted:

-Black Death Brinn ~ Captain ~ shish kabobed (mod)
-Slippery McCabbie Dagger ~ Boatswain ~ danced the hempen jig

Night 2 has begun. Aggressors plot away. Spy, choose who ye be watchin'. Protector, stand ye guard. Avenger, choose ye duel partner.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #111
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

As th' rest 'o th' crew soundly slept, Lil' Green th' Staggerin' Drunk tiptoed her way into th' galley to find herself some spiced rum. After th' long day, she was not nearly as drunk as she need be 'n bein' sober was just no fun.
"Now whar be that rum?" she mumbled to herself as she sifted through th' galley's supply.
"Lookin' fer 'tis?" said a voice from behind.
Lil' Green turned around to find a shadowed figure leanin' over a barrel 'o rum. Her eyes lit up seein' her much-needed rum.
"Ooh," she started towards th' figure reachin' fer th' barrel. "Gimme some."
"Okay." th' figure let out a large grin.

Then from out 'o th' shadows, more figures appeared. Grabbin' Lil' Green by th' hair, th' aggressors pulled her below just underneath th' openin' 'o th' barrel.
"Get th' funnel," an aggressor demanded.
A funnel was shoved in Lil' Green's mouth 'n th' rum was poured. At first, Lil' Green eagerly gulped below th' rum, but when she could drink no more (which was quite a lot) th' rum still kept comin'. Them eager gulps soon became frantic gurgles. Poor Lil' Green struggled 'n fought against her aggressors, but they were too strong. They cackled 'n jeered as they emptied th' entire contents 'o th' barrel into th' wee powder monkey's mouth.

Th' next mornin' th' crew awoke to a scream comin' from th' galley. All hands came runnin' only to find a very upset Stutterin' Wilwa Scab.
"What be th' matter?" asked Poop Deck Kath.
"Th-th-th' rum be g-gone," th' cook sobbed.
"Oh no," Eön Bloodbeard cried.
"That's not possible," replied an angry Short Ruth Mith. "Thar was a whole barrel here last nightfall."
"Then whar has all th' rum gone?" asked Ham-Hands Izzy.
"I'll bet I be knowin' who drank it," said High-Pitched Annu. "It was that staggerin' drunk Lil' Green. Whar be she anyway?"

Th' crew looked around only to realise Lil' Green was not standin' among them. But it did not take long to find her. Just behind th' empty barrel lay th' body 'o Lil' Green lookin' green as her name.
"Looks like she got a wee bit carried away last night," noted Dancin' Mira.
"I doubt that," said Eomer Bonny. "Looks more like th' aggressors got to her." He pointed at th' bruises on her wrists.

Another Day 'n another death. Another chance to find th' culprits who were killin' them off one by one. But 'tis time they would have to do it without any rum.

Th' corpse 'o Lil' Green let out a loud burp.

The Living:

The Ghosted:

-Black Death Brinn ~ Captain ~ shish kabobed (mod)
-Slippery McCabbie Dagger ~ Boatswain ~ danced the hempen jig
-Lil' Green the Staggering Drunk ~ Powder Monkey ~ drank up all the rum

Day 2 has begun. Whether ye be dead or living, ye may now discuss.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #112
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Oi, you lot! It's gonna take a lot more than a filthy hangin' to keep me down!

So I'm innocent, but no one will trust that statement. At least, I wouldn't if I were still up. At least now I have time to find a brilliant thought with no pressure to post. (Joke:) This is like the perfect role for me!

And Greenie is almost certainly an innocent. Later in the game, I wouldn't make that assumption, but on Day1 it's as safe a bet as you'll get here.

Last edited by McCaber; 06-15-2009 at 10:48 PM.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #113
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So DAT be why all'n the rum's gone.

Obv'sly I keelhauled Little Drunk Green cauz she'm suspectin' me.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #114
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Shiver me timbers, this be a catastrophe, mates! No rum! Half on us'll be in th' horrors come sundown, ye mark me!

...Oh, an' 'tis is a pity about the poor wee wench, too.

She ha' not said much, apart from her a-votin' o' Shark Tooth Shasta.

I reckon she got it on account o' no' havin' the look o' a co-conspirator, in the main. But belike th'agressors be tryin' some lay o' makin' Shark Tooth swing for her, or else he's one on' 'em an' they reckoned she were the spy. Be nay way o' tellin'.

EDIT: repeated word.
EDIT2:spelling.

Last edited by Nerwen; 06-16-2009 at 07:46 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #115
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Th' cabin-boy ha' still no explained this remark o' her'n:

Quote:
I be a' thinkin' fer instance, that even though th' cap'n (or somebody) sez tha we won't learn th' alignment o' the scurvy dog we force to walk the plank each day, there's one man among us who be th' exception to that rule, if yer catch my drift.
I axes her fer a wee explanation, an' she sez:

Quote:
It's right thar in th' contract, me hearty,ef ye got' th' eyes t' see . Ye just ha' t' think on it apiece.
Arr, Puffy-Shirt, happen me remainin' eye be no up to th' task. (It be main tactless o' ye' to be speakin' o' deadlights to sich a one as I, but I be lettin' that pass on account o' yer tender years.)
Old 06-16-2009, 02:42 AM   #116
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Be any o' ye scurvy dogs around?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:59 AM   #117
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I be around, and I be *hiccups* (do ghosts have hiccups?) very disappointed at bein' *hiccups* dead. Th' thing is, I be th' spy, so 'tis kinda crap t' be killed this early.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:19 AM   #118
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

By thunder! It talks!

Er... I mean... I might ha' known ye'd no lie quiet, ye poor wench, wi' yer murderers still unhanged, an' no a drop o' rum in ye fer hours an' hours. I'll warrant ye ha' ne'er been sober this long since ye were weaned.

Yer the spy, sez ye? Arr, but belike ye'd be sayin' that were ye a mutineer or a co-conspirator too.

Who be ye a-spyin' of, then?

EDIT:word choice.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:28 AM   #119
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Yer the spy, sez ye? Arr, but belike ye'd be sayin' that were ye a mutineer or a co-conspirator too.

Who be ye a-spyin' of, then?
If I were a mutineer I probably wouldn't be dead. It be very true I could claim the same if I were a co-conspirator bu' I wouldn't say it yet, I'd save it fer later, fer a situation where it causes more confusion than now. I was spyin' ye, as it happens, and ye be innocent or a co-conspirator, dunno which.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 06-16-2009 at 03:29 AM. Reason: typo
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:42 AM   #120
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
If I were a mutineer I probably wouldn't be dead.
'Tis true. I were speakin' more o' general principles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
be very true I could claim the same if I were a co-conspirator bu' I wouldn't say it yet, I'd save it fer later, fer a situation where it causes more confusion than now.
Aye, but who'd believe ye?

Quote:
I was spyin' ye, as it happens, and ye be innocent or a co-conspirator, dunno which.
Aye, well, that's right enow.

But did ye no' get to be a spyin' o' any on us Night One?