The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #161
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nerwen's Hades declaration really stands out there and makes her my number one wolf-suspect. On top of that there were only Boro's Zeus-comments (which make no sense for a wolf or a lover to make) and Eonwë's Dionysos-reference (which was way later than the initial banter). And this is a game where several people would need to hint at their mates or possible allies! So it would be incredible if no-one tried to make a contact!

Of others I'm more confused about.

Lottie I remember suspecting for wrong reasons before but there is something in her posts that I can't quite put my finger on which makes me suspect her (fex. how she commented on the Eonwë-issue, but there was more as well, earlier).

Moreover, Rikae is spot on to the game and I really enjoyed her little argument with tp, but there's something in her posting as well that makes me a bit nervous (like always), namely the way she brought the Boro-issue back or how she turned around on it - or how she reacted to the Eonwë discussion. It's just a bad hunch maybe.

Also what Mac said about Greenie (and she said about him) - heh, at least I don't think they are Zeus and Hera... even if the arguing might be as like them in the stories... (not probably voting either of them, though)

Then there are the cohorts of those who have said little of any real value (eg. leading up to new ways of looking things or discussing things - or even contributing their own in some discussions). It's always so hard with them. Nothing to say when there is nothing said. But if you just want to "check" someone you can have no read on, you should do it earlier than later as the going gets tougher by Day and many feel - justifiably - that we can not afford blind checkings later on.

I'll take a fast tour around to check those less contributing ones before making any vote. Meanwhile it would be nice to hear from you others. It's such quiet.

Heh, talk of the devil... x'd with four last posts...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #162
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dűm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who got confused! And a cheat sheet chart sounds like a really good idea. I think I might have to make myself one too.
Mine's color coded!

Shasta's response to "mrow? ww?" was "Crap, has it started?" He should be on at some point.

And now I shall be going back and actually reading what I missed while I was playing with markers.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #163
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I just skimmed some points against me. I did not claim that Boro is Zeus. My theory is that Boro dropped the name Zeus a few times to indicate that he is a lover, too, one of the three that need to find theirs. Having one or two lovers waste their first pick is bad, but worth having one be right with their first pick.
I still don't get this, Mac. Why would Borolover think talking about Zeus would indicate to his beloved he could be their counterpart?

x/d with KeeperMira
Old 07-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #164
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
1. It looks like Mac starts to suspect me only after being suspected himself for not doing so.

2. Um... what does he think Boro was trying to accomplish, exactly? Plus, he seems to have come up with his theory (which I don't understand anyway) after the event.
1. That is true, obviously, but it's coincidence. I would have gotten back to that in any case.

2. Alright, back to Boro. If you're a lover in this game and you need someone to find you, you might consider hinting. Of course, everybody expects hints, so you have to be careful. I think picking one from the evil/associated-with-evil team and beefing it up (since when is Zeus almighty anyway ) should give you the attention you want. Using Zeus' position in the pantheon, Boro made it casual and bantery enough to get away with it.

Same with your Hades-comment, just more careful/nervous.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #165
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dűm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I still don't get this, Mac. Why would Borolover think talking about Zeus would indicate to his beloved he could be their counterpart?

x/d with KeeperMira
I might be missing something here, but don't Zeus and Hera know who each other are? If that's the case then there's no reason for Borolover to be hinting to his counterpart.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling

Last edited by Keeper of Dol Guldur; 07-26-2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: xed with Mac
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #166
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of Dol Guldur View Post
I might be missing something here, but don't Zeus and Hera know who each other are? If that's the case then there's no reason for Borolover to be hinting to his counterpart.
Exactly.

EDIT- saw the response above
Old 07-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #167
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
(since when is Zeus almighty anyway )
Zeus is almighty, or at least he can be seen as such. King of the gods and all that. Boro was probably IC bantering. As a hint, it really wasn't very functional. As banter, it makes sense.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #168
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of Dol Guldur View Post
Quote:
Exactly.

EDIT- saw the response above
I was going to post the same thing. I'm so glad I made the list cause it made all this Zeus talk even more interesting. Is it just something to stir up the pot and add confusion?

Edit: xed with Lottie
Old 07-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #169
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*gives up*
Old 07-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #170
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen about Zeus
Is he allied to the village at all? Can he win without Hera?
I had that spotted as well Rikae, so it's possible it was not for nothing... At the time when people were thinking whether the innocent-lovers should take the side of the village Nerwen went on with this. I had just forgotten this.

So I would say you two are not on the same side, at least you do not know it even if you were - well how to define sides in the first place in this kind of game anyway? What I was trying to say? That you two are not both (edit: added "both") wolves... that's more or less what I was trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Also, there is no way we can tell if the cursed has been turned or not until the end of the game. If there is no kill at one Night we might suspect it but we couldn't be sure about that because of possible saves by the rangers.
Are you sure? Where did you get this?
From the rules, as I quoted them:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rules
Dionysus is the Cursed. If the Wolves choose to Night kill him, he will join their ranks. Only the player and I will know that they are Dionysus. I will not reveal the Cursed until the end of the game.
Or can you interpret this any other way?

Heh, interesting to see how different interpretations two people can make on the same subject (seeing what you found on Boro with tp and Lalaith - the comments of which I thought were more or less out of the discussion)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Exactly, I mean if he was just another lover of another wolf (or the other way around?). I hate suspecting you (really) and even if you say Rikae explained why you did that I must say I didn't get it, exactly for this reason. That just makes no sense - heh, as you said in your initial post it didn't... But why all the explanations then, afterwards?

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-26-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #171
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
1. That is true, obviously, but it's coincidence. I would have gotten back to that in any case.
Hmmn. Bit of a case of "sez you", isn't it?

Quote:
2. Alright, back to Boro. If you're a lover in this game and you need someone to find you, you might consider hinting. Of course, everybody expects hints, so you have to be careful. I think picking one from the evil/associated-with-evil team and beefing it up (since when is Zeus almighty anyway ) should give you the attention you want. Using Zeus' position in the pantheon, Boro made it casual and bantery enough to get away with it.
So you're saying that Boro is either Aphrodite, Ares or Hades and was hinting that he was a different lover entirely in the hope that his counterpart would somehow catch on? A bit labyrinthine, no? (Well, I suppose that's appropriate..)

EDIT:X'd with a host, making this rather redundant.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #172
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I actually need to be going to bed soonish. 5 AM comes early.

I'm not making a list, there are too many bloody people.

Who stands out at the moment:

Boro- Confusing. Something doesn't sit right about him, but I'm hesitant to vote for him at this point.

Mac- As usual, I want to lynch him just for being Mac. Not toDay, though.

Eönwë- The bit about Dionysus has me pretty well convinced he's the Cursed, but as I see it, he's no threat until he's turned, and we should know when that happens, or at least know it's possibly happened.

BG- Popping in and out, no substance whatsoever. Very tempting to vote her.

x/d with Nog and Nerwen
Old 07-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #173
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
So you're saying that Boro is either Aphrodite, Ares or Hades and was hinting that he was a different lover entirely in the hope that his counterpart would somehow catch on? A bit labyrinthine, no? (Well, I suppose that's appropriate..)
Hephaistos, not Ares. In my opinion, though it's frustrating to be alone with it, he used the reference to Zeus simply to say "I am a lover". Since we only have three, that's not a bad hint.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #174
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

It really does seem a reach on Mac's reasoning on why Boro said that about Zeus. I'm hesitant to vote him on Day 1 though. I always want to, and I'm hardly ever right about him, it seems.

x/d with Mac
Old 07-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #175
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rules
Dionysus is the Cursed. If the Wolves choose to Night kill him, he will join their ranks. Only the player and I will know that they are Dionysus. I will not reveal the Cursed until the end of the game.
From the rules, as I quoted them: Or can you interpret this any other way?
Well, I can: "I will not reveal (the identity of) the Cursed". Which is not the same as "I will not reveal if the Cursed has been turned".

But perhaps Thanatos will be kind enough to clarify this point?

EDIT:X'd with Mac and Zil.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #176
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggins
Or can you interpret this any other way?
Definitely. I would interpret that as meaning that the dead (or dreamed) cursed will be listed as either an ordo or a wolf, depending on whether xe's been turned. Doesn't say whether the event of the cursed being turned (which wouldn't actually reveal the cursed's identity) would show up in a narration. Pretty often things like hunter kills and ranger saves show up in the narration, so it's entirely possible a cursed being turned would as well. Last I checked, the question had been posted on the admin thread, though, so we'll see.

EDIT: X'd with Nerwen.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #177
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Hephaistos, not Ares. In my opinion, though it's frustrating to be alone with it, he used the reference to Zeus simply to say "I am a lover". Since we only have three, that's not a bad hint.
It sort of makes sense when you explain it that way, but it's something that you make fit a reason, not something that Boro would come up with as a way of hinting. There are tons of other ways of hinting that make a lot more sense and are a lot more likely for him to actually think of. The Zeus thing is just so random, and so unlikely that his prospective lover'd pick up on it, that I don't think he would have thought of using it as a hint. Especially not his only hint.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #178
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

So, the False Seer discussion totally confuses me, so I'm not going to touch that.

The Lover thing seems to have taken up alot of the Day, which I guess makes sense since it's such an important part of the game. It just seems to have taken on a bit *too* much of the day, but oh well.

Boro makes more sense now, since I think he was using 'alied with Zeus' to be in reference of the 'good side'. So I'm not going to push it more. Same for Nerwen, with the Hades thing, as far as I can tell it was banter.

Now Eonwe. Well that's something else. For him to be so blatant if he's the Cursed he must kow that if he gets turned we're just going to lynch him. So maybe this is his way of staying allied to the village? Giving himself up so he doesn't have to be evil? Or he just partied to much, and it was also banter.

That one just seems different to me than the other two. But if he's the Cursed we shouldn't be killing him. Well, there is another option for what he could be doing (to help the village). But if I'm right than me saying it could kind of ruin it, so I'll stay quite for now.

As for who to vote for. No idea right now. Maybe Mac, since the Boro-Zeus thing makes no sense as a Lover hint. But that's kind of slim. Maybe BG, because I don't like it when people complain about it being slow and then don't say anything when there's talking. I'm gonna read some more, but I'll be around for the next hour or so, so I'll wait as long as possible.

x'posted with a few
Old 07-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #179
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I can see where Mac is coming form. After all, Zeus is a wolf's lover, so "allied to Zeus" could = wolf's lover. However, I still don't think that's what Boro meant - the way he phrased it just doesn't fit. He connected it to Phantom, which Mac will probably say was intended to disguise it, but which would also have the effect of garbling his hint.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #180
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ay I am back. And I have caught up reading. I hate day 1s.

Nerwen- talked about Hades. (right?) very suspiciuos.

Eönwë- Dionyses. That was weird. I don't really like it.

Phantom- kinda annoying. But not going to vote.

These are the only people that I've noticed.

Xed with 172
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #181
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Looks like so far I don't have much as far as suspicions. The people that have hit my radar so far toDay are:

Boro - There was all the Zeus talk around him. However he generally confuses me so it probably means nothing.

Lottie - That might just because I'm on her radar so it probably is just a knee-jerk reaction to that. However she's also is on Nog's radar and I tend to trust Nog.

Mac - I'm not sure about him. I really can't put my finger on it, but it also might be that once again I'm on his radar so it probably means nothing.

Eonwe - I'd like to know more about this statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I think Dionysus may have poisoned me (I feel quite sick), so I'm probably only going to be back near the end of the Day.
Everyone else seems to be ok or hasn't said a lot so really don't have much to go on.

On another note I talked to Sally and she said she's having internet that seems to be working sporadically.

Edit: xed up to post 172
Old 07-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #182
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Oh. about when the cursed dies.

So what doesn't make sense to me. I would assume that when someone dies Glirdy will say something like "Downer X - Thanatos" in the deadlist. Since some of the roles are harder to categorise without saying the name of the god, and since even just saying Wolf would leave question what with the Lover situation. So when the cursed dies, if he suddenly says "wolf" or "ordo", when he's just been saying god names before, won't that seem a bit odd? Therefore wouldn't he have to reveal them as the cursed? He just wouldn't need to say wheter it is wolf-Dyonisis or ordo-Dyonisis, therefore keeping the mystery. We'd know the cursed is dead, just not whether they had been turned yet.

Atleast that's how I would do it. I just don't see how else he can keep the Cursed's identity hidden.

x'ed with BG and Tum
Old 07-26-2010, 08:33 PM   #183
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Shasta - not seen yet, so not voting as he might appear.

Those who have been around but contributed little or nothing...
Keeper aka Mira
BeiGei
Nienna
Sally
Tum

Those who have contributed more or less and whom I'd like to see contribute more (as they make sense or feel innocentish)
Wilwa
phantom
Boro
Zil
Folwren
Lalaith

Those who have contributed and I wouldn't like to vote toDay but who bear watching for one reason or another.
Lottie
Greenie
Kath

How fitting, the one's I'm torn about but suspect enough to give them their own category...
Rikae
Mac

(that is soo bad! Really!)

My suspects.
Eonwe - the cursed
Nerwen - suspicious of wolvery

So at this point it would make sense to vote for Nerwen (or Eonwë, actually, but if you all agree there is another way of interpreting the rules then it's different; to me they look pretty clear but that may be a language issue - and anyway in this situation we might afford to wait, although after the first non-death Night it will be different), or then vote for one of the "submarines"... If the subs stay as subs when Days go on we really should try to get rid of them but if they stand up for their challenge then we should just try for the best odds. And really at this point there's still time for the subs to make it better toDay so I'm a bit hesitating voting any of them right now without knowing who will actually provide us with some thoughts and not stay the enigmas...

Any thoughts?

Heh, x'd with two I named "subs" - that's the way it goes... and a few others...
Old 07-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #184
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Sorry, Hephaistos (got confused because in fact Ares was Aphrodite's lover).

Anyway, I do understand what you mean, now– but I'd say it is a "bad hint".

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Now Eonwe. Well that's something else. For him to be so blatant if he's the Cursed he must kow that if he gets turned we're just going to lynch him. So maybe this is his way of staying allied to the village? Giving himself up so he doesn't have to be evil?
You mean, trying to get lynched on purpose? But the likelihood of any one person getting the chop on Day One is small, compared to the risk of being turned for dropping a hint like that. (Not that I'm sure it was a hint– it seems a very foolhardy one for the Cursed to use.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
Ay I am back. And I have caught up reading. I hate day 1s.

Nerwen- talked about Hades. (right?) very suspiciuos.

Eönwë- Dionyses. That was weird. I don't really like it.

Phantom- kinda annoying. But not going to vote.

These are the only people that I've noticed.
*sigh* BeiGe, not to put too fine a point on it, but you're obviously once again skimming and copying what other people have said.

EDIT:X'd since Blind Guardian.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-26-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #185
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

DL comes a few hours after bedtime, hence, I have to vote now.

The only two I feel comfortable voting for are Mac and Blind Guardian.
BG seems to have made it a point to poke her head in occasionally and say nothing.
Mac is suspicious enough to me pretty much any time, and it still looks like an awfully thin explanation of Boro's words that he's giving. And he sure is persistant about it, too.

I don't particularly like having to vote for either of them on Day 1; BG because she always seems to invite this sort of thing, and Mac because he and I always seem to fall into this pattern.

Of the two, I guess it's

++Blind Guardian

Yes, voting with Kath. Oh well.

x/d with all since 177. BG's last doesn't make her look any better: appears to only repeat what others have said.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #186
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Nog, I think the only time you haven't suspected me (and Mac) on day one was when you were a cobbler.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #187
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

I kind of want to vote for BG, somewhat out of annoyance, I'll admit. And I'm hitting my usual Day 1 dilemma of thinking everyone looks perfectly peachy . I won't vote Eonwe, cause I *think* he might be doing something awesomely helpful. I won't vote Nerwen or Boro cause that seems like banter to me, now that I understand both references. And I don't think I'll vote Mac, because at most he makes me uneasy.

But I'm still gonna wait. I hate to vote out of frustration for someone....but I still might...

x'ed with Inzil (who seems to be thinking the same as me) and Rikae
Old 07-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #188
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just looking at the posts I crossed with...

Rikae looks good, like Lottie and Wilwa a little less, but not alarmingly less good (it may be I just disagree with her points). The Blind Guardian and Tum on the other hand just make the sound of the schreech of a chalk on the chalk-board! So is it just them not getting the hang of it or something else?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #189
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
So this post got me thinking. Could this just be a hint that he's a lover? Maybe, maybe not. Which got me thinking more how all this talk about lovers would be a perfect opportunity for someone to slip in a hint to their lover.

Quote:
Mac is suspicious enough to me pretty much any time, and it still looks like an awfully thin explanation of Boro's words that he's giving. And he sure is persistant about it, too.
So now I'm not the only one who has suspicions of Mac. I really am beginning to wonder if some hints are going on. Granted it would seem to be pretty obvious that he's giving a hint to a fellow lover if that's what he were doing. Anyone have any thoughts?

Edit: x-ed with Rikae, wilwa, and Nog
Old 07-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #190
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Nog, I think the only time you haven't suspected me (and Mac) on day one was when you were a cobbler.
That's actually quite a sad tally... even if I think there must have been a game or two, someday, somewhere...

But I'm just voicing my mind at the time as I can't be sure I'm around the next Day. I have no wish to see either of you dead on D1; you produce such a lot into this game that we need you, whatever your role is - unless there is a clear reason to drive for lynching you (which there is not at the moment).
Old 07-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #191
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Zil I don't particularly like your vote for BG as your reasons could be applied to most anyone (inculding Tum who I've noticed has just done something very similar)

I, however, am going to vote for Steve as the possible Cursed. I know he is allied with us for the time being but I'd rather vote and kill him now than risk him being turned... if only for a Day it could be the difference between a Village Win and a Wolf Win. I also don't have any wolf suspects or even suspicions so I'd rather put my vote toward the Cursed pull a vote out of the air and have it turn out to be a gifted.

++ Steve

And now, good night.

Edit: x-ed with bunches.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #192
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
DL comes a few hours after bedtime, hence, I have to vote now.

The only two I feel comfortable voting for are Mac and Blind Guardian.
BG seems to have made it a point to poke her head in occasionally and say nothing.

I don't particularly like having to vote for either of them on Day 1; BG because she always seems to invite this sort of thing, and Mac because he and I always seem to fall into this pattern.

Of the two, I guess it's

[highlight ][B ]++Blind Guardian[/B][/highlight]

Yes, voting with Kath. Oh well.

x/d with all since 177. BG's last doesn't make her look any better: appears to only repeat what others have said.
That's it? What the heck are you thinking!? I demand a better exsplantion!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #193
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Oh. about when the cursed dies.

So what doesn't make sense to me. I would assume that when someone dies Glirdy will say something like "Downer X - Thanatos" in the deadlist. Since some of the roles are harder to categorise without saying the name of the god, and since even just saying Wolf would leave question what with the Lover situation. So when the cursed dies, if he suddenly says "wolf" or "ordo", when he's just been saying god names before, won't that seem a bit odd? Therefore wouldn't he have to reveal them as the cursed? He just wouldn't need to say wheter it is wolf-Dyonisis or ordo-Dyonisis, therefore keeping the mystery. We'd know the cursed is dead, just not whether they had been turned yet.

Atleast that's how I would do it. I just don't see how else he can keep the Cursed's identity hidden.

x'ed with BG and Tum
This is a good point - it makes me wonder if he didn't think it through? It still doesn't make sense that "won't reveal the cursed" should mean "will reveal who the cursed is, but not when/whether xe is turned."
Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #194
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Tum, are you saying that Mac's suspicion of Boro being a lover is a hint that Mac is a lover?

Although there's something to the idea that people tend to talk about their own roles more than might be wise, I think that's a little bit of a reach, especially considering that you dismiss the idea that Boro's hinting - which, though I don't really buy it, is more plausible than that Mac is.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #195
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
internet fail

Which means I have to put up my vote without the explanation. (I have most of my thoughts typed already, but the nets aren't holding together very well so I don't want to risk it.) I'll be gone toMorrow almost all Day, so I don't want to risk not getting my vote in toDay and then getting modfired 'cause I'm out of town.

++BG

I'll explain either later tonight or (if I'm alive) in the Morning. Basically I noticed some interesting stuff that she's said which makes me think she's either a wolf or trying to save a wolf. Besides, I'm getting more or less good feelings from everyone else right now. (I'm pickin' up good vibrations?)

EDIT: Noticed as I was about to hit "submit reply" that Nienna had posted (her vote post, to be exact, so x'd since then). I'm a bit in love with my bed now, so I think I'll crash. Sorry for being so old and useless.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-26-2010 at 09:05 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #196
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Ok, so I thought I could last another hour, but unlike my bestie I don't have the ability to stay up til 2am. Especially when I've just worked and have to be up early in the morning. I'm just too tired.

I just don't really know who to vote for yet. But I need to, really soon, and I want a stronger reason than 'she's too quiet'. But fatigue might get the best of me here.

I'll wait a bit more. Maybe someone will do something evil.

x'ed with Rikae and the Cupcake (who has been really quiet too)
Old 07-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #197
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Too late for me now... even if in more or less American time-zone - I just need to get it back to the European one (saying that in 6am!).

++ Nerwen

Unlike Wilwa thinks, I do think her early reference to Hades was a deliberate one, willing to see it messed up by us others with all the normal banter (but being clear enough for Persephone), little did she know then we would make an issue of the hinting as she posted that so early.

And if she is a wolf, then I think we should really look at Wilwa - how agreeable and intelligent she is - and just because of that.

Also, she made those comments about Zeus' alliances trying to get forward a perception of Zeus not willing to be on the good-side when things were in doubt in the general discussion - so encouraging the other interpretation.

Also her reactions when she came back - she made a short comment kind of downplaying the "hint" and never came back to that but instead started more or less a crusade on Mac - which was probably a good idea as there could have been (there could be) some support for it. But I do think an innocent would have behaved differently - not just picking up one other to go for but tried to defend herself more, or given a few other possibilities instead of her.

Also, if she is a wolf I doubt Rikae or/and Mac is one. And that would give us one or two people we could more or less trust, at least in the first Days.

As long as the interpretation of Dionysos' role is doubtful I think we should keep him around. But let's not forget him either.

Also I do hope some people would start reading the thread and using their grey cells actively (in a form of posting the results of them working in here so that we could make our minds on them). I do hate trying it for random when there is nothing to say.

X'd with a host, again...

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-26-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: added twa comma, one "s" and one "but", to make sense of the sentences...
Old 07-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #198
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Hm, so apparently the narration will indicate when the cursed is turned - the ModGod has spoken. In that case, there really is no reason to go lynching Steve now.
I don't really want to vote for BG, since as far as I'm concerned she's done just as little to show she's a wolf as to show she isn't - but I still might vote for her for plain old lack of participation and sleeping under the reindeer. My other suspects are Nerwen, but I still think it's quite likely what she said was IC banter and I wouldn't like to lynch her for that; Phantom, but he hasn't explained himself and it would be a throwaway vote anyway, and Wilwa, simply because of the way she seemed to be trying to stir up suspicions around Boro's remarks while keeping her hands clean, so to speak, but again, that would be a throwaway.

Last edited by Rikae; 07-26-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Typo - radar = reindeer, and bolding.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #199
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Tum, are you saying that Mac's suspicion of Boro being a lover is a hint that Mac is a lover?

Although there's something to the idea that people tend to talk about their own roles more than might be wise, I think that's a little bit of a reach, especially considering that you dismiss the idea that Boro's hinting - which, though I don't really buy it, is more plausible than that Mac is.
I was throwing that out as a possibility. I thought it might be a little too obvious on Mac's part which is why I asked for other's opinions.

I didn't realize I had dismissed the idea the that Boro was hinting. I didn't really comment on it if that's what you mean. Since it's been brought up though I could see that yes it could be a hint coming from Boro. Yet I'm not convinced at all. I am pretty much on the fence with this one.

I have also been going through the posts to see if there are any hints that the lovers have thrown out. So far I haven't come across anything that stands out.

Edit: x-ed with wilwa, Nog, and Rikae
Old 07-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #200
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdy in the discussion thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
If the Cursed is turned, will that be indicated somehow?
I will inform you in the narration somehow.
Okay. Needs to remember then...

X'd with Rikae & tum