The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #1721
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Go for it, Oddie.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #1722
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Right then:

Aganzir - Draw
Rikae - Write
A Little Green - Draw
Nogrod - Write
Galadriel55 - Draw
Legate of Amon Lanc -Write
Rune son of Bjarne - Draw
Hookbill T. G. McDemandington - Write
Eonwe - Draw
Gil-Galad - Write
Blind Guardian - Draw
Thinlomien - Write

Last edited by Oddwen; 03-15-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #1723
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Doodling away in the uni library: "And now Morgoth's mace... how about some spikes? Oh great, it looks like a hobby horse now. Heh heh. No can do."
Assuming that's what you found weird about it, of course, because if it was something else, then it was so unintential I don't see it even now.
I was also thinking of Feminine-Fingolfin and the fact that you presented Morgoth as a knight in shiny armor. It was because of the Silmarils that I could recognize him, although I still cannot figure out how he is going to get scratched by an eagle.

Anyways, I am up for another round, it should be a pleasant distraction from all this thesis work.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #1724
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I was also thinking of Feminine-Fingolfin and the fact that you presented Morgoth as a knight in shiny armor. It was because of the Silmarils that I could recognize him, although I still cannot figure out how he is going to get scratched by an eagle.
The eagle is just cool - "Our talons cut right through Thy visor!"
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:18 AM   #1725
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sign me up! Sign me up NOW!!
Old 03-14-2012, 05:12 AM   #1726
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I was also thinking of Feminine-Fingolfin and the fact that you presented Morgoth as a knight in shiny armor.
Yeah well, we all know the Beren/Tuor/Aragorn type wouldn't be my knight in a shining armour.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #1727
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Eonwe: Mushrooms?!
There is definitely a thread somewhere that was unearthed recently where Eomer jokes that the entire events in LOTR are the after-effects of some particularly potent hallucinogenic mushrooms (Farmer Maggot's).

Great round, everyone! And yes, sign me up for the next too.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #1728
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
There is definitely a thread somewhere that was unearthed recently where Eomer jokes that the entire events in LOTR are the after-effects of some particularly potent hallucinogenic mushrooms (Farmer Maggot's).
Now that you mention it, I think I remember reading something similar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Yeah well, we all know the Beren/Tuor/Aragorn type wouldn't be my knight in a shining armour.
Of course not, my lady of Secret Shadow.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #1729
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Everyone okay with not doing doubles? We have a decent amount of people already.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #1730
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
I am in, if there is room for the ever-lovable Gil
Old 03-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #1731
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
Everyone okay with not doing doubles? We have a decent amount of people already.
I think a shorter but faster PT might work for a change.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #1732
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm in!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #1733
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
I am in, if there is room for the ever-lovable Gil
I think there's always room for the ever-lovable Gil!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #1734
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Yes, but I want to draw!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #1735
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Lommy wants me to tell you she would like to join in as well.

(She's here at my place but my computer refuses anyone else but me sign in the 'Downs - well it refuses me to log out to be exact... )
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #1736
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
We wants doubles!

You can wait a little, but you wants to draw as well as write...
Old 03-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #1737
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Lommy is for doubles as well.

She says it's better to set a DL of sorts after which the turn just skips than make it just one round.

I'd add, that you could switch places with someone if the timetable suddenly looks pretty bad for you. But having a deal on a DL would help setting one's priorities right. (Yeah, I know that concerns myself probably more than many others... and that's one reason I'm saying it.)
Old 03-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #1738
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

I could run two games again, that worked out ok.

Or, providing this game doesn't take another six months, we could get another game started right after it ends to satisfy your artistic urges.

Last edited by Oddwen; 03-15-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 03-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #1739
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
(She's here at my place but my computer refuses anyone else but me sign in the 'Downs - well it refuses me to log out to be exact... )
You must have a very loyal computer. (was the last WW game an exception, then?)

I don't mind writing or drawing, so you can toss me around to make everyone happy. I like the DL idea, and the double game could work as well. For the DL, maybe give a week for each? Or even less for writing, since, well, how long can it take you to write a sentence? (unless there are pigs and Lannisters and hippie aliances and Alien all in one place... )

Only thing is, I'm away for a week in the first half of April, and I don't want to hold up the game. So if my turn comes around that time I might have to switch with someone. (though realistically you never know how fast the PT will go (hey, that rhymes!). Either it takes forever or I don't check the thread often enough to see all the names italicised...)
Old 03-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #1740
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
It used to be that DL was three days for either and in times past, it even worked that way (mostly!). Of course, something might get in the way, but at least for the sentence, that is more than enough and should be enough also for the drawing. If somebody is really busy, of course, it can be prolonged, but generally, if we said that it should be the goal to have it done in three days... I mean, once you really sit down to that and draw, how long does it take you? An hour? (Okay, three for me, but that is because I am a) slow, b) usually working with a scanner which is also not the fastest ever, c) slow. Oh, I said that already.)

As for that, I don't care if we have single or double PT, but I think it doesn't matter whether we have a fast single PT and then another fast single PT or a long double PT. The worst thing that could happen would be a single PT that takes as long as a double PT. Now that would be something bad.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 03-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #1741
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

I agree with the time limit. For a while we had a 3 day drawing limit and a 2 day sentence limit. Would anyone have trouble with that? G55, your turn might fall into the time you said would be bad for you, but I can trade spaces with someone if they agree to it.

Aganzir - Draw
Rikae - Write
A Little Green - Draw
Nogrod - Write
Galadriel55 - Draw
Legate of Amon Lanc -Write
Rune son of Bjarne - Draw
Hookbill T. G. McDemandington - Write
Eonwe - Draw
Gil-Galad - Write
Blind Guardian - Draw
Thinlomien - Write

I'll do doubles if everyone wants, but my preference is a short game so that I can play soon too!

I'd like to send out the starting sentence on Monday.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #1742
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
G55, your turn might fall into the time you said would be bad for you, but I can trade spaces with someone if they agree to it.
If wurst comes to wurst I'll just have to miss out on this one, but either way someone has to take the place...
Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #1743
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
It used to be that DL was three days for either and in times past, it even worked that way (mostly!). Of course, something might get in the way, but at least for the sentence, that is more than enough and should be enough also for the drawing. If somebody is really busy, of course, it can be prolonged, but generally, if we said that it should be the goal to have it done in three days... I mean, once you really sit down to that and draw, how long does it take you? An hour? (Okay, three for me, but that is because I am a) slow, b) usually working with a scanner which is also not the fastest ever, c) slow. Oh, I said that already.)
I normally use more time on the sentence, than the drawing. Anyways I think deadlines will be a good idea.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #1744
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Quote:
If wurst comes to wurst I'll just have to miss out on this one, but either way someone has to take the place...
I never sausage a post! There shouldn't be any reason for you not to play.
Aganzir - Draw - Mar 23
Rikae - Write - Mar 25
Galadriel55 - Draw Mar 28
Nogrod - Write - Mar 30
Eonwe - Draw - Apr 2
Legate of Amon Lanc -Write - Apr 5
Rune son of Bjarne - Draw - Apr 8
Hookbill T. G. McDemandington - Write - Apr 10

A Little Green - Draw - Apr 13
Gil-Galad - Write - Apr 15
Blind Guardian - Draw - Apr 18
Thinlomien - Write - Apr 20

satansaloser2005 - Draw - Apr 30
TheGreatElvenWarrior - Write - May 1

I'll shuffle a couple of you there.

Is everyone okay with their roles?

Last edited by Oddwen; 04-05-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #1745
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'll either join in or be back-up troublemaker, depending on what best fits the group.

Also, sausage!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #1746
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:

TGEW: I never thought that the line separating the lions from the rest would be interpreted as division! But I guess it's more fun this way.
That's the algebra II talking.

And now I realise that I've missed the sign up for the next game. Oops.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #1747
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
That's the algebra II talking.

And now I realise that I've missed the sign up for the next game. Oops.
Aieeee, it's Tuesday already! D:

I'll add you anyway.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #1748
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Aieeee, it's Tuesday already! D:

I'll add you anyway.
You'd do that for me? Yay!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #1749
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

A day and a half after I got the fantastic sentence, I have now sent my picture.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #1750
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Wow! We're actually ahead of schedule!

I'm sorry for the bad quality. Blame it on my scanner. I tried to edit it a bit on the computer, but I'm really bad at it... All the important details are visible, though.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #1751
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh, goodness. Does anyone else who hasn't yet gone want to trade me their writing slot for my drawing? I hadn't actually looked at the line-up. *headdesk*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #1752
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Hah, I would have, but I actually just sent my sentence...

Well the knight in the shining armor will save you... the next time (what a line for a hero to say: "sorry milady, maybe the next time around...")
Old 03-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #1753
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Since it's going so fast, anyone want to do two rounds after all?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #1754
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Since it's going so fast, anyone want to do two rounds after all?
Me wants double rounds! Me wantss doubble rouundss!
Old 03-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #1755
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

If we can keep up the pace, then I am all for doubles. (Maybe we should wait a bit before making the decision?)

Old 03-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #1756
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

If we continue being ahead of schedule I think a double round would be nice. But it depends on whether we will be or not.

Let's see if we can complete both rounds in the time-frame of one! That would be one unbeatable record!
Old 03-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #1757
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Did not expect this to get to me so quickly. I should be able to do it tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #1758
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
If we can keep up the pace, then I am all for doubles. (Maybe we should wait a bit before making the decision?)
I would second this. Let's not get, hum hoom, hasty. Let's just try to keep the pace the way it was up to now, and then we can speak about doubles.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #1759
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Hooky, Gilly, Lommy, or Greaty, would any of you be willing to switch roles with Sally?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #1760
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
Hooky, Gilly, Lommy, or Greaty, would any of you be willing to switch roles with Sally?
I would like to if it's still an option.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote