The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2015, 06:43 AM   #1
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thank you!

To all the Downers, and particularly Barrow-Wight, that helped revive this place, thank you. Mae govannen!
Old 05-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #2
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithadan View Post
To all the Downers, and particularly Barrow-Wight, that helped revive this place, thank you. Mae govannen!
What he said!
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:21 AM   #3
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
What they said...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:23 AM   #4
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
I am so happy. All of our wonderful friends brought the Downs back to us!
Old 05-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #5
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
You really don't appreciate what was lost until it is gone. My appreciation goes to the Barrow Wight and everyone else for this spirited return.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #6
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thank you!
Old 05-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #7
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Well, that was a horrible few months. Major thanks to everyone involved in saving this site.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:32 AM   #8
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well I'm back.

May I add my thanks to those above to those who made this happy return possible. I had to say good by to the home that had been in my family for 3 generations the week the board went down and I felt the loss of my cyber home as keenly.

The past couple of days have been tantalising... how long does it take to dismantle a reputation system? How long to upgrade I pondered rhetorically.. and here we are.....

sorry but there is something I have to do:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE...

Ok going to refresh the memory...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #9
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420! Cheers

*invites everyone to join in dancing the springle ring*
Old 05-03-2015, 10:03 AM   #10
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I know I haven't been very active here in the last few years, but as has been said so many times above, you really don't know what you have until it's gone. I really don't know what I'd do if the Barrow-Downs were gone forever. It really has been a large part of my life.

I'm glad to be back.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:16 AM   #11
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
The Downs revival was *almost* on time for the forum's (15th, if I remember rightly) birthday, which we have celebrated in the past on several May the firsts! What do you say, fellow dead ones? Shall we start a party thread to honour the double occasion? Bb, we can dance the springle ring and any other dance that occurs to us, we can bring appropriate refreshments, and of course, mathoms for all and sundry!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:45 AM   #12
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well I don't see why not..the Bank Holiday for May Day is tomorrow here in Blighty. And the return was in the throes on May 1...

Old 05-03-2015, 10:59 AM   #13
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
And so good to see you again, Inzil, I missed you! Many wights are in the Barrow-Downs facebook group, and I was genuinely worried I'd never see the others again.
I missed you too! I almost was moved to get a new FB account (having deleted mine years ago) just so I could find out what was up with the forum, but other things held me back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Glad to see you found your way back so fast Inzil! We were worrying about you and Nerwen and other non-facebook using barrow residents and how are we ever going to get back in touch with you/ let you know what's going on!
I was checking on a regular basis, hoping to see the forum's return. When I saw the 'test' status, I started looking every day. Then, when I saw the updates over the past several days, I knew Day would indeed come again.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:50 AM   #14
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I see we have some new features. Spiffy. All I need to do know is remember all the things I have been wanting to post for four months and have forgotten.