The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2003, 02:45 PM   #41
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

My humble thanks to everyone who has said such nice things about me. I'll give you all an imaginary cyber kiss. Look, I think I may be permanently blushing...or is that rosacea? Nope, I'm safe. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

This was a lovely idea for a thread, Naurwen. Many have found it uplifting. It's also been a nice way to say nice things without being embarressed at "kissing up". Kudos for a great first topic. Cheers.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:24 PM   #42
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Yes, wonderful topic. I like it!

[ April 13, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 04-13-2003, 04:45 PM   #43
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Auriel, Ithiaeliel, Brinn and all those who helped me when I first began here on my first RPG- jeeze I really had no idea what was going on back then [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] but with your help I think we managed to patch together a half decent RPG in The Blue Mountains! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ April 27, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 04-13-2003, 06:25 PM   #44
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
1420!

Well, this really is a feelgood thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Great idea, Naurwen. And thank you to those who have included me on amongst the illustrious names on this thread. I truly am touched. Mind you, when I told my wife some of the comments made about me, she threatened to log in to tell people what I'm really like! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The Downs really are a great place to be. I would like to echo the admiration expressed for the Barrow Wight for creating and running the place and for all the moderators and administrators who help him. As I spend most of my time on the fora moderated by her, particular thanks to Estelyn for (as others have said) her patience, tact, diplomacy and good humour in bringing order to what could be otherwise be a very chaotic environment.

My enjoyment of this site is also down to my fellow Wights, and there are far too many whose erudite, intelligent, sensitive, witty or just plain funny posts I enjoy to list them all here. To pick out a few of my favourites (in no particular order):

Lush: Who must, with good reason, pick up the award for the most popular BD'er. Funny, irreverent and intelligent all at the same time. A great combination.

Diamond18: A great wit. Always makes me laugh. I particularly liked the capture by fangirls in Revenge of the Entish Bow.

HC Island: Great insights into the films and how they were made, without a blind acceptance of everything in them.

Lalaith: For her intelligent and good humoured contributions to the discussions.

lindil: For his incredible affinity for the Professor's works and for reaffirming my determination to launch into the HoME series, not to mention the Letters, once I have finished the UT.

MLD-Groundskeeper-Willie: For often offering an alternative view in discussions and providing great food for thought.

davem: For his well-thought out and intelligent posts and for bringing up some very interesting new topics.

Gorwingel: For never failing to have a kind, encouraging or just plain nice thing to say.

Ithaeliel: For saying such nice things about me (yes, I'm a sucker for flattery [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ).

Bill Ferny: For his good humoured and intelligent, and often forthright, contributions, and for starting the How do you envision ME thread, one of my favourites.

doug*platypus: For bringing a sharp wit to his well-observed posts. Where are you doug?

Squatter of Amon Rûdh: For his thoughtful sensitive and often witty posts that convey with shining clarity a deep love for JRRT's acheivments.

Birdland: For a very well-observed wit that has had me in giggles more than once.

I could go on and on. Basically, thanks to all you Wights for making this the great place that it is. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2003, 12:45 AM   #45
obloquy
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

obloquy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to obloquy
Sting

Bethberry misses my company.

I love all of you who know I'm talking to you, for all of the reasons listed above, but most importantly for that inexpressible quality that makes some people absolutely wonderful.

"This is the End...my only friend, the End."
obloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 01:09 AM   #46
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rafindel - you are special to me. You have cheered me up so many times. Thanks for all the talks we've had. Love you.

Alaklondewen - Thank you for being who you are. You are very special to me. Thanks for PMing me last night.

Lindil - I love your work on the Sil and the more "relgious" aspects of Tolkien. Your knowledge amazes me.

Mark12:30 - I love your posts on the eucastarophe (I can't spell tonight.)

Lush - You have a great sense of humor - I love reading your topics - very eye catching and well thought out.

There are so many here I would love to give a thumbs up to. You are what makes this place what it is! This is the most awesome site on the net. Thanks Mr Barrow-Wright.

[ April 14, 2003: Message edited by: Joy ]

[ April 14, 2003: Message edited by: Joy ]

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 08:56 AM   #47
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Cuthalion: To say that I like you would be wrong, because I do so much more than that!

Vanima: For being the great writer and wonderful person you are. Thank you! And yes, I do my best to brighten the day for you and others, even when my own are as dark as Angband itself.

Birdland: What can I say? Tolkien, Crypto-zoo and a crazed mind. The perfect combination!
Do you think the Watcher in the water is in fact Nessie's big brother? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lush: You are who you are. Need I say more?

Mark 12_30 : You are one of the most caring persons I've encountered in this place, always showing great concern for other people.

Amanaduial the Archer: You're one of the best RPG'ers I've ever written with. Keep up the good work!

The Barrow-Wight: Well, no one else got the brilliant idea of making this place.

Mithadan: No one's ever smacked me in the face with a wet trout before..... I owe you for that one! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ April 15, 2003: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 04-14-2003, 04:57 PM   #48
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Oh, my...how hard is this!?!?

Well...

Galadre1 (hope I spelled it right), for being so sweet back at that infamous "birthday party". [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Of course Miss Raefindel,just for being herself, and for being so nice here and OFF the board! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] *hug*

Eruwen, for all of her kind comments (again both here and off this board).

AND LAST BUT MOST CERTAINLY NOT LEAST,

FRODO BAGGINS, my dear "Mr. Frodo", who I was oddly enough drawn to almost as soon as she entered the BarrowDowns, and whom I miss very much (along with everyone else--she knows who I mean).
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 07:40 PM   #49
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

WHOA, I actually got mentioned on a thread where you mention people!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] (Even if my name wasn't spelt right... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Don't worry, I don't care.)

Samwise, thank you so much for mentioning me! And now I've mentioned you because you are, in my opinion, one of the nicest people on the 'Downs. You have an extremely kind heart and a great personality (plus a wicked collection of LotR statuettes!).

Sam, I can't believe you actually put me on here for that party! That was soon after I joined and I still said 'i' instead of 'I', 'cuz', etc. I think my posts there can be voted as the worst RPing in history! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'd also like to mention (I'm in serious need of a thesaurus - I've used the word 'mention' six times [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) Arwen Imladris for being a great person online and in real life, Beren87 because he called me cute [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] and GreatWarg, wherever he may be (I saw him on Chat today, yay!), for sticking with another (in my opinion) not-so-great RPG (and everyone else who took part in that game... you know who you are if you're still around).
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 07:55 PM   #50
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Whoa, how do I even post on this? Actually, I have delayed posting here for the fear of forgetting someone really important. Let's see, here it goes...

Samwise for being so kind and being such an extraordinary story writer. {I still like The Adventures of Primrose best}

NN10 and Burrahobbit for being the comedic relief to the end of a very exhausting day. {And yes, NN10 is back!}

Eärendil for the unbelievably hard quotes that no one ever knows, but always has fun guessing at anyways.

Frodo Baggins for being so nice when I first arrived last June and for just being her all-around sweet person. Too bad she's gone.

Tigerlily Gamgee for always being there when new spoilers come in.

Diamond 18 for her comedic relief and extensive knowledge of everything I seem to be lacking in relation to LOTR.

The Saucepan Man for having one of the coolest nicknames on the site and having the personality to back it up with. {Yeah, I notice too, but not necessarily "stalk" when you're online.}

Last but not least...

The B-W and all the mods for making this my favorite forum to ever come to. It is the best ever.

I have alot more, but my hands are getting tired from typing and I'm having a major brain-freeze right now on names. But that's what I have so far.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 07:57 PM   #51
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Quote:
And yes, NN10 is back!
He is?! Lordy!
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 07:00 PM   #52
Eruwen

Tolkien

Yes, he is. I saw him in this section, and he actually posted in the Memorial of Members topic. I was quite shocked.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:07 PM   #53
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Actually, the topic he made in this section was an April Fool's joke. I believe he's just lurking around more than anything. I havn't really talked to him for a few months.
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 07:59 PM   #54
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

The list goes ever, ever on?

For clever humor: Lush, Birdland, Squatter, and the Entish Bow authors (although I think there are sections I don't dare read! Rimbaud, you scare me sometimes)

For posting my stories anyway: BW.

Maika, Hilde Bracegirdle, Alaklondewen--for caring and depth of heart.

Maika again-- for saying the nicest (and deepest) thing that I've ever read about me on the downs. (You blew me away.)

Aratlithiel, Lirodendron, Alphaelin, Alatariel, Rae, Hilda-- and all the rest who have come of age, and all the rest on the Road to Rivendell--for cameraderie.

Samwise-- for tenacious faith.

For analytical depth: Mr. Underhill, HerenIstarion, Kuruharan, Bethberry, Liriodendron, Marileangorigesundheitluim, Gandalf_theGrey, Mithadan, SaucepanMan, obloquy, Nar, littlemanpoet.

Rae, Lush-- for surprisingly tenacious friendship, support, and compassion, and "deep fruity laughs especially after dinner."

For analytical depth woven with doctrinal weight and mystical clarity: lindil.

For a deep heart and a profound mind, and the wisdom to balance them both: Child of the Seventh Age.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:06 PM   #55
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Quote:
Rimbaud, you scare me sometimes
Indeed, I concur! There is nothing quite so frightening as a man who posts pictures of mullets in an RPG.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:06 PM   #56
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Quote:
Bethberry misses my company.
Oh, indeed, Oblo, and you have reminded me that my first post omitted those nattering chatterers like yourself who have meant so much to me this past winter, the darkest winter of my life. In addition to the rapscallions named above, let me also include in my rogues' gallery all of those whose wit and humour in chat have left me aching, both with laughter and in the desperate wish that my own wit could keep up with theirs, again in no particular order: Barrow-Wight, who I have come to know best in chat and whose vision rewards us all, Sharkey, burrahobbit, Ibaimendi, Martyr, Xphial, Bruce, Thenamir, Merendis, Orald, Bonzai, edhel_espyn, Gayahithwen, Belethfacwen, Phrim, Ped, Gwin, Lady Aerowen, Rindowen, Varda, Dimlathiel, Tara, Varda, hanna_gamgee, Halla, VanimaEdhel, Legolas/Figwit, Nil, red, I can't forget Mithadan who is not in chat often enough, and oh I hope I have not omitted anyone.

And of course, this leaves out my wonderful writers in Rohan, whose imagination and enthusiasm for gaming keeps me entertained and busy.

Quote:
There is nothing quite so frightening as a man who posts pictures of mullets in an RPG.
Let it herebye be admitted that, when I told Rimbaud I nearly bought A Cultural Study of the Mullet: Hairstyle of the Gods for him for his birthday, he asked me to return to pick it up for him.

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ April 18, 2003: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 04-19-2003, 04:30 AM   #57
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I finally have time for a list.

Naurwen for putting up this topic which has to be one of the nicest ever. You must be a lovely person

The Barrow Wight for making the best site on the web, thank you, thank you!

The Ruling Ring for putting up with me.

Pio for being the perfect lovely mod for the Shire. Thanks for your help- even when you didn't know you were giving it!

Elven Maiden Earwen for the amount of time you spend in the Quiz Room, you always mean there's a new question to answer!

Dragoneyes for providing the extremely useful information that "Who's online" is a link [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The Saucepan Man for knowing everything about everything, and always being nice to those who don't. Oh, and I loved the Faraway Tree.

Doug*platypus for about the same reason

Manardariel As previously stated, and of course her great taste in films

Mark 12_30 for bringing the Eowyn Challenge to the BDs

Helkahothion for making such a great RPG in Search for the Lost Messenger. This is not to say that the others are not just as good, but that one is finished and I can look back with satisfaction on it.

Pretty much everyone for their funny, informative, interesting, surprising and intruiging posts or RPG posts. I'm trying to think if there's anyone I don't like, and there isn't. (Except possibly the person who says that they know people's addresses. It's not funny) So there you have it! You're all brilliant.

[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 09:52 AM   #58
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I forgot to mention all the people who know the difference between edhel_espyn and myself. For the record: she is Edhel Sr., I'm Edhel Jr.

Eh, why not throw in the people who still say, "espyn!!!" when they see me. They're cool too.

Kisses to all! (Sorry: I rediscovered the Plauder-Smilies site, and am getting a little smilie-happy...not to be repetitive or anything)
Old 04-23-2003, 01:57 PM   #59
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Thank you The_Evenstar and GaladrieloftheOlden I am glad you like me!

GaladrieloftheOlden: For making me laugh! And being such a good friend [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lush: Because of her intresting subjects!

Bethberry: Because, well just Because...

Lyra-Greenleaf: She is fun! And she make readible posts...

And I like me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]... ok that doesnt count [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:58 PM   #60
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Quote:
Mithadan: Polite, charming, and very mysterious. The Mysterious Mister Mithadan. Has a nice ring to it.
Perfectly put!

Hiri, Maika.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hirilaelin- although it would appear she is attempting to take over the world, and is apparently on every tolkien board I am...sweet, supportive and able to make you feel happy, even when someone else has been particularly insensitive.

Piosenniel- so supportive. That little nudge in the right direction without scolding or making anyone feel stupid. Scarily organised, but able to *deal* with people and be a great inbetween.

Mithadan- Good grief, so moderators are human! Or elven...always a mystery, and reveals new and surprising things about himself every day! Sweet and funny. Thanks for the signature [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] and for the never ending stream of PMs. Reading them brightens my day.

Marileangorifurnimaluim- (ha! Have I spelt it right?) Anyone who starts a thread as incredible as Lets Have The Party Here! and remains as a brilliant host through all its pages has my thanks- that party got me right into the Downs, as did its witty host and her helpful talking trout friend...

The cast of the Shadows Of Umbra- That was a really special game, despite the owner deserting us at an early age.

The cast of Rivendell- I think there are very few of us left here now, it may just be you and me Daniel. Anyway, my very first game ever, seems like a lifetime ago. Those last pages were so wonderful, so thanks to Nevtalathiel, Elenna and Daniel (Thrakat, Elenna and Aduchil) for being so great.

Helkahothion- I couldnt hope for a better escort to the party. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Brinniel- for interacting so well during Shadows. Raye was a brilliant character, and the way she and Tallin interacted made me feel right there in the game.

Bethberry- my only regret with you, Bethberry, is that I was so mistakened and didnt see what a sweet and brilliant person you were when I first met you.

Elentari- for creating Imladris and making me a mod there.

Dragoneyes- the same as Elentari.

Maikadilwen- Ooh, such wicked humour...sharp, witty, and an excellent RPer. Rhana was something else- why why why did she have to die?!

Cuthalion- Only fair that I put you with Maika, right? Cute and sweet, and a pleasure to talk to. Dont ever let her go Cuthalion.

Aylwen Dreamson- another brilliant RPer. So many different creations... You made Search For the Lost Messenger something else, and always have my respect for the way you play and the excellence of your writing.

My sister is now yelling for the computer. Goodness me, how many people have I missed....

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 04-23-2003, 05:19 PM   #61
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

*New and Improved*

Orual- for being such an incredible game owner, a wonderful RPGer and well... just a darling

Meelafor making me laugh!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Amanduilfor just being awesome and sooo nice!

Ryonahfor being so on-the-point funny

RaefindelBecause your Lembas RULE!

Vanimafor being so nice to everyone, and so warmhearted

Annufunielfor answering my riddles

AND YOU! for reading this thread and being registered at the downs, because you are ALL sooooooo special and sweet and awesome and, like Ozzy would put it: "I loe you. Ain´t all F***ing mad!"
Old 04-23-2003, 08:09 PM   #62
Belethfacwen
Pile O'Bones

Belethfacwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Belethfacwen
Sting

Even though I don't post around here that much, (It shows, it shows) I still enjoy reading the threads. Here are just a few of the people who's intelligence, wit, and many other great qualities have really shown while reading some posts. In no particular order.

Lush- Others have said it, I'll needlessly echo them--who couldn't resist your often humourous knowledge and and care you take with posting? You're also just so fun. I'll even venture as far as to say you've been somewhat of a role model posting wise for me.

Rimbaud-Rimbaud, Rimbaud, Rimbaud. You can always post with the ability of seemingly making any disagreement an agreement, and have a wonderful personality. And, of course, your seeming ability to almost recite all of Tolkien's works off the top of your head.

The XPhial- So nice, so caring! And, somewhat sadly, you don't post that much here, but I suppose that makes what posts you have made all the more of the rare gems they are.

burrahobbit- If a day comes when I can seem remotely close to your often subtle, yet potent witty form of intelligence, ...well, I don't know what I do, because, well, that will never happen. Love reading your posts, and will never forget your Bombadil theory. VERY interesting.

Child of the 7th Age- When I first came to this site, your posts were the first ones I noticed. Seeing them, I was almost a little intimidated! I was a tad worried that I'd seem dull in the you and the people like yours presence. I hope I don't, but if I am, you seem like the kind of person who would never really do anything sort of mean of offensive at all. I've always loved your posting and am sure I always will, keep them up.

Bethberry- Like Child of the 7th Age, your posts were some of the first I noticed here when I first came to this site. You're so kind, and such a nice person! I know other people have said it as well, but I have to repeat. I hope I can one day post like you, and

Estelyn Telcontar - I envy Lush, who actually got to experience -meeting- you. Your posts are so good-natured and intelligent, and it seems that you take great care to be courteous and kind in them, and, you do a most excellent job of it.

These are the people who make my visits to this site's forum, (and chat, sometimes, too) enjoyable. Thank you all. Keep up your posts.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:35 PM   #63
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Thank you Niluial. I have to add you to my list of people I like. I admire your good taste! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

So I'm fun eh? That'll teach Durelin to say I have no life.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 04-24-2003, 01:41 PM   #64
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Where to start, where to start.
First of all, I like all the mods and especialy BW. It's a hel of a job and your doing it good.

Amanaduial the Archer: My prom date and one of THE best RPGers on the downs. I believe you have been in all the RPG's I wrote in?

Maikadilwen: ALthoug the scariest person I know also one of the nicest people I know. Good in RPGing as well. (but everybody I like is good at RPGing and I like everybody). Always has a listening ear and is involved with a swell dude.

Cuthalion: Very nice lad. Issn't much on-line anymore, but still nice to talk to when he is.

Durelin: My partner in crime. (we shure shoke them over there eh?) and a good RPGer. Tell Hamfast, that Anuionin will pay him a visit some times.

Lyra Greenleaf: For saying I'm a nice guy heheheehehe. Nah J.K. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. She wrote in my last RPG and shure as hell made an effort for it. It's better because of you Lyra!

Piosenniel:For helping me out with starting the Search for the lost messenger and always so nice to point me to my spelling hehe [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Also known for her work in the green dragon, which is the biggest tread I know. (has been restarted for 3 times now good job Pio)

Galadrie1: For all those nice chatconversations. Will you be on-line?

Carlas: See up. ALso a very nice girl.

Bethberry and Estelyn Telcontar: Although I think they hate me by now. Always correcting me, when I'm wrecking havoc(again). I know that I am a annoying peace of poo and it is hard to constrain me. We are going into a new year so Ill behave this time. That's a promize. And do not forget, they are swell and the d*mn good mod's.

and ofcaurse not to forget: aurwen_of_Lothlorien!!!!!!!!!! For making such a witty tread. I got cheered up the moment I saw my name. (it took me very long to find it *snif* [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ) I remember how long my first tread was. Oh wait, it was deleted because I was wrecking havoc with it again. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Garen LiLorian: He owned the first RPG I ever played in and my skills increased massive under his guidence. He left for personel reasons, but I don't know. Maybe somebody knows: Is Garen LiLorian back again? I would shurely send him a thanks note for letting me play. Is there an e-mail adress?

People that I have forgotten, please don't assasinate me!!!!! I mean well. You know that.

[edit]Dragoneyes:An RPGer who must be like all the others, blessed with a writing skill. At first I thought she was a guy hehe, but I thought all the persons on the downs where male. SO I hereby appologize to: Durelin, Birdland and Aylwen Dreamsong for thinking you where guys. Alkoonion shurely fixed that. Oh that reminds me.

Alkoonion Don't believe I saw him somewhere else, whats with that. For making Bree-under-breehill and the Photocollection. Don't forget the downs memorial, but part credit to Maika ofcaurse.

[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
Honda Wave series specifications

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:47 PM   #65
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

ElentariGreeleaf: for being herself.

Helkahothion: for being himself. I know neither of them are very good reasons but there are some things you just can't put into words.

Amanaduial the Archer: you're so into RPGs, I can't help but be inspired to keep going.

VanimaEdhel: for some interesting, and if I remember rightly, slightly odd conversations. And don't let me forget, great RPGer.

Gorwingel: again, some interesting and informative conversations.

Child of the 7th age, Piosenniel and Mithadan: for putting up with my complete lack of organisation and having the patience for waiting for me to post on RPGs and the like.

Mark12_30: for some good tips in Tolkien-style music (though I still have a tinnywhistle to buy) and for getting me started on the walk to Rivendell.

Diamond18: you always seem able to make me smile.

Lyra Greenleaf: why, for mentioning me of course! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The Real Findorfin: you always cheer me up when you're about.

Quote:
People that I have forgotten, please don't assasinate me!!!!! I mean well. You know that.
That goes for me too.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:43 PM   #66
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

OK, time to add some people!

Helka- What a fun guy to talk to online, if he ever were on [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Guo Si- Fun, smart,and can sing! And has a name that I can never figure out how to pronounce properly!

Arvedui III-For not killing me when I do [another] stupid thing! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Thats it for now! But you guys all deverve to be mentionned! Theres just too darn many of you!

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 07:59 PM   #67
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Oh, goodness, I knew it would be a mistake for me to come to this thread. Now I have no choice but to post.

Orual- A wonderful RPer, wonderful at playing Sam no matter what age, very friendly, kind, and understanding. I can never thank her enough for creating... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] Rie [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Child of the 7th Age and Pio- I don't think there could be better mods for the Shire. I'll never forget how kind they were to a new RPer as we plowed our way to Rivendell through the whirling snow and fearful Wargs. Cami and Piosenniel have captured my heart... along with those darling babies!

mark12_30- So extremely wonderful... always kind and caring, and bringing me some great moments in The Shadow of the Star as I see Frodo back again, as well as her undying support and encouragement for all on the Road to Rivendell!

Mandariel- Brought me many days of fun with Pearl Took... I'm ever so grateful to you for joining the first RPG I owned.

Eruantalon- Sadly, he had to leave the Barrow-Downs, but I'll never forget him. Such a wonderful RPer and wonderful person.

*pauses to gather her thoughts and remember who else she's blessed to know*

Raefindel- It's so hard to put into words, but she has made a deep impression on me that is never to be forgotten.

Ravendah- Help to an amateur stumbling blindly through the deep and confusing tunnel of Tolkien's Elven tongue... need I say more?

All the mods who make this place so wonderful and convince me to return time and time again just to see what threads are being closed down with a clever remark. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Especially the one about Treebeard being available for dating... very clever, and I couldn't stop laughing!
Old 04-24-2003, 08:39 PM   #68
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nuru, you're right. I had forgotten that Erulon really left. I always expect him to come back. He'll be missed; I'll never forget his bard singing to Rie in the Green Dragon. A fine member.

Thanks for all the nice things said about me. I want to send out kudos to the cast of Quest for the Ainereg--that would be Manardariel (a pleasure to run a game with), maikafanawen, Sophia the Thunder Mistress, Carlas, Durelin, Lyra Greenleaf, Arien, Himaran, Eressië Ailin, Hathalas Ashen-Shield and PoWa. And piosenniel for letting me extend the game. ^_^

Almost certainly more to come...

~*~Orual~*~
Old 04-25-2003, 11:34 AM   #69
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Oops, I forgot people!

Orual For creating Quest for the Ainereg and letting me show my evil side. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] (Just joking. Honest!)

Durelin For being MY partner in crime. Well in QFTA anyway. Oh, and for introducing me to the Wheel of Time, and discussing it with me.

beren 87 King of the quiz room. I bow to you.

Merri For letting me into my first RPG. But I don't know if she's ever coming back

Sophia the Thunder Mistress She liked my RPG character and that means I love her!

Amanaduial the Archer and Aylwen Dreamsong It really was great to read your RPG posts, you're so talented!

[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link
Old 04-25-2003, 12:58 PM   #70
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

List updated.

KTNXBAI
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 02:30 PM   #71
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Orual- I see you are at the top of many people’s lists! And well deserved that spot is! You are a good writer and an upbeat, kind person (which shows in your characters!) who doesn’t get mad when I ask her to post even though she’s busy.

Bethberry- for being very patient with me when I played my first RPG. You’re always nice and always looking for ways to improve Rohan.

Amanaduial the Archer- You’re a great writer whose RPG posts are always fun to read. Thank you also for inviting me to an RPG and giving me a heads-up for another one. Keep writing!

Helka- And here I thought I had chosen a feminine screen name. Sheesh. What else can I say for Helkahothion? Well, even though I have to chide him every now and then for his spelling, I still think he’s a good writer who would be even better if he thought through his posts. (Oh wait…I’m supposed to be complimenting him…) Well, Helka is always good for a laugh now and then… [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ithaeliel- Although Ith has been very busy lately, she us usually very good at keeping up with things. An all around great person! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ransom- Apart from having good taste in music, Ransom is also a good writer (like almost every other person I am mentioning) with well-thought out posts/bios and games.

Mattius- A cheerful guy who is fun to talk to and whose posts are fun to read. Also the man with the dancing chicken, which always makes me smile when I see it.

Doug*Platypus- It has been a long time, but I’m glad to say that before doug had his busy streak he was in my RPG. He’s a great Rper and always has something humorous/intelligent to say. I miss his avatar!

Everyone in the Castle Maladil RPG- Since this RPG has ended, I’m just happy to say I was part of it. Thanks, Gandalf_theGrey and my partner in crime,TheLadyAerowen.

Cast of Search for the Book- Even though we aren’t quite done yet, thanks for making my first owned-RPG fun and entertaining despite the mistakes/edits we’ve made.

And thanks to everyone who said something nice about me, it sure made my day. Please don’t be mad if I forgot you, I’ll probably come back and edit once I remember.

Aylwen. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2003, 03:32 PM   #72
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

A few omissions from my first list:

Orual- for running (with Manardariel my first "Quest", for Rie in the Green Dragon (whom I read about avidly), and for her good taste in books- Till We Have Faces is one of my favorites.

elven maiden Earwen- for haunting the quiz room ceaselessly and providing me with lots of work hunting up answers

Silmarien- for lots of enthusiasm in whatever room, she's always super-cheerful
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 03:04 AM   #73
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Helka, that is the nicest thing anyone's ever said to/about me! Thank you, I'd add you to my list but you're already on it...
the Forbidden Link
Old 04-26-2003, 06:20 AM   #74
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*sniff* I feel so loved! I got two mentions! THANKYOU!!!
Old 04-26-2003, 06:46 AM   #75
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

WOW, cheers Aylwen!
Old 04-26-2003, 07:03 AM   #76
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Everyone in the chatroom: You know who you are. And Bethberry already listed most of them [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Squatter: I'm still amazed that he managed to get over that fence in the middle of the night

Lush: Just too funny

Also, everyone who was in Castle Maladil, especially Gandalf_theGrey for making it a really great RPG.

And everyone else who posts.

[ April 26, 2003: Message edited by: *Varda* ]
Old 04-26-2003, 09:21 AM   #77
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Quote:
I believe you have been in all the RPG's I wrote in?
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The List goes ever on and on...

Lindil: For being so cheerful and full of ideas all the time, although you may not be aware of my existence. For being so into the works of Tolkien, its quite breath taking.

Burrahobbit: Short and sweet. For not being an automatic warning system. Brief, bizarre, but never automatic. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ez: For replying to my PM when I didnt expect a reply, daft as that may seem! For putting smileys to good use. For remembering me.

Diamond18: For keeping the Crazy Captions thread alive and staying with it for all of its...is it 15 pages? For producing such amusing captions.

Mattius: I love that chicken!

Joy: Another with no idea of my existence. Your faith and belief in Christianity is inspiring.

Alkaoonion: My dear Thain, I am sorry for all the grief that Ive caused you in the past few weeks. For putting up with me and making me a mod. For creating the pics site and the barrowdowns memorial, and most of all for Bree Under Bree Hill itself.

Galadrieloftheolden: Man, for showing an interest in Kidnapped! even from the outside.

Gorothlammothiel: For putting up with my various mispellings of your name, and allowing me to call you Moth. For your incredible writing in Cirith Ungol.

NN10, Susan Delgado and Faye Took: My partners in crime in AAwtK.

Manardariel: Youlielle rocked! For being so sweet! (Despite spelling my name with only three A's)

Lyra Greenleaf: You were fantastic in Search For The Lost Messenger, you dashed all my plans of killing of your character, for then I wouldnt be able to read any more of your posts.

And of course, Naurwen_of_Lothlorien: For starting this thread! Its a great idea, and really sweet. And, like you said it would, it has lightened many a BDer's day, including myself. Thanks.

[ April 26, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 04-26-2003, 10:19 AM   #78
Eruwen

Sting

Ok, I have more....

Lothiriel Silmarien for being the first to welcome me a long while ago when I joined.

Amanaduial for being so great at RPG's

Everyone who played at Cirith Ungol for making that my favorite RPG of all time

Goroth---(or however you spell it) for being an extraordinary RPGer and for having a cool name that after all this time I still don't know how to spell.

Van for always beating me out in the Quotes section and for soon becoming an Eärendil. {Has anyone guessed that quote right yet? I don't think they have.}

Raefindel, Lush, Varda, littlemanpoet, mark12_20, Maril, and many others I can't remember right now for their unbelievably smart minds and for always being there when I don't know something. {This happens alot.}

I have probably left out some again, but I will get my memory back on track eventually. Until then, I would like to recognize everyone at the downs for just making the downs what it is today. I love this site.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:27 AM   #79
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Ah yes, the unspellable names that Ive only just really got how to spell, like Moth (Gorothlammothiel) and Maril (Marileangorifurnimaluim)...
Old 04-26-2003, 11:34 AM   #80
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Quote:
Thank you Niluial. I have to add you to my list of people I like. I admire your good taste!
I HAVE GOOD TASTE! YEA... Ok *clears throat" please forgive me for that outburst.. but hey it happens [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]!

Now I did notice I forgot People so I shall now redo my post!
The people I like are... in no special order!

GaladrieloftheOlden: For making me laugh! And being such a good friend.

Lush: Because of her interesting subjects!

Bethberry: Because, just for being a Bethberry (ok that doesn’t make sense BUT I LIKE HER!!)...

Lyra-Greenleaf: She is fun! And she makes readable posts...And I have decided I like her so much.... that I shall stalk her even more than I did before [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]!

The_Evenstar: Because she is nice [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Beren87: Because when I first came he was very welcoming, and even offered his time to help me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]!

Pio: Because he is interesting and he is helpful, and I love the RPG!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lindil: He is wise.. and interesting

Sophia the Thunder Mistress: She is fun and she is fun to act with in the RPG!

I hope I haven’t left anyone out.. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote