The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-09-2003, 07:26 PM   #1001
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Congratulations, Linnamalle! By the time I make it I'm sure you'll be already gone, but leave some little note behind for me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Or, if you prefer, a note for all the walkers still making their way to the Hidden Valley. I plan to, as well as leaving some little cakes of a secret Shire recipe!

You have walked 302 miles.
You are still south of the Road (300).
It is 12 miles to the next landmark. You still have 156 miles to Rivendell.

Very thrilled at making it over 300 miles. My walk today could not be considered entirely pleasant, however. All of the hobbits fell silent in their laughing and talking and Strider's face became grim as we passed a place where, in the distance, we could see trees being torn and beautiful green being destroyed to 'make a city of my town.' It actually brought tears to my eyes (but no wonder, as in actual life this is very difficult for me to see happen), and I cannot say anyone else in our small company looked exactly pleased. "Thank goodness it's not back home," Pippin said. "I couldn't stand it there." Sam was in silent agreement. I wouldn't like to be someone destroying the Shire while he's about.

I believe I've walked five miles thus far today. Unlike usual, after dinner we'll keep walking at least two miles further. Strider says we should definitely eat dinner or we might collapse, but he prefers a better place to camp rather than the one we are currently stopping in. I can smell Sam's cooking from where I write, so I'm off to see what he's made today.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:51 AM   #1002
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Congratulations Linnamalle! Relax a while in that hot spring over there, It'll do ya wonders.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:06 PM   #1003
Linnamalle
Haunting Spirit

Linnamalle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thank you Raefindel, Nurumaiel, Alatįriėl, Naz, ArwenBaggins, and Sapphire_Flame! Golly, that's a lot of support. Thanks!
They spoke no more of the small news of the Shire far away; nor of the dark shadows and perils that encompassed them, but of the fair things they had seen in the world together, of the Elves, of the stars, of trees, and the gentle fall of the bright year in the woods.
Linnamalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 02:51 PM   #1004
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

We've left Crickhollow. We've got just about three miles, and we should get to the Bonfire Glade by the end of the day (hopefully).

The forest in unbearably eerie; when Merry told us that he'd been in here before I hardly believed him. He'd better not get us lost.

**We have walked 75.77 miles.
We have passed Crickhollow (73).
It is 2.23 miles to the next landmark.
We still have 382.23 miles to Rivendell.**

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-10-2003, 04:51 PM   #1005
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Each night we walk and walk, until we're stumbling with exhaustion, but when we stop in the morning to make camp and cook breakfast, the surroundings look just the same. I hope Strider and Gandalf aren't leading us in circles..

--------------------

Gandalf walked in front, and with him went Aragorn, who knew this land even in the dark. The others were in file behind, and Legolas [edit: and Alatįriėl] whose eyes were keen was the rearguard...At first it seemed to the hobbits that although they walked and stumbled until they were weary, they were creeping forward like snails, and getting nowhere. Each day the land looked much the same as it had the day before.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:36 PM   #1006
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just saw your "From:" Linnamalle. Congratulations! And enjoy your stay with the elves!
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 02:37 PM   #1007
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

I do believe we're walking in circles! Gandalf insists that he knows where he's going, but I think that deep down he's just a grumpy old man.
-Melilot
-Fėa
ArwenBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 03:04 PM   #1008
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Just reached the Bonfire Glade. I WILL BE SO GLAD WHEN WE GET OUT OF THIS STUPID FOREST!!! I just *know* we're gonna get lost, I can feel it. Have not mentioned this to the others. Feeling curiously stifled...

**We have walked 78 miles.
We have reached The Bonfire Glade (78).
It is 20 miles to the next landmark.
We still have 380 miles to Rivendell.**

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-11-2003, 05:11 PM   #1009
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril

Quote:
I do believe we're walking in circles! Gandalf insists that he knows where he's going, but I think that deep down he's just a grumpy old man.
Arwen, I would like to second that opinion! I don't know what happened to make him like that. He didn't used to be so grumpy. I think it's that dratted dwarf's fault...

--------------------

"Hurray!" cried Pippin, springing up. "Here is our noble cousin! Make way for Frodo, Lord of athe Ring!"

"Hush!" said Gandalf from the shadows at the back of the porch. "Evil things do not come into this valley; but all the same we should not name them. The Lord of the Ring is not Frodo, but the master of the Dark Tower of Mordor, whose power is again stretching out over the world! We are sitting in a fortress. Outside it is getting dark."

"Gandalf has been saying many cheerful things like that," said Pippin. "He thinks I need keeping in order."
Old 09-11-2003, 05:36 PM   #1010
Naz
Shade of Carn Dūm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
total: 42.10

total for today: 3.91 mi!! I'm happy! (Am I doing good??)
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 07:42 AM   #1011
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've finally calculated the average miles of marching for an hour during practice, combined it with my biking, and now have a total of 362!
Old 09-12-2003, 08:59 AM   #1012
Tefalathiel
Pile O'Bones

Tefalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

370 miles.... I don't belive it!!....And I supose you won't believe it!
But...I've just returned from France, where I went with my parents to visit some friends. I've seen Lyon and Strasbourg and Puy-en-Velay and, of course, Paris... I think this has been the most beautifull part of walking to Rivendell.
Well, I actually feel like a traitor, enjoying so much beauty, while Frodo gets hurt and suffers so much. But you just can't feel like you're chased by ringwraiths while visiting the Louvre museum...
This is certanly a journey I WILL remember and I have my parents to thank for this. I dedicate the 126 miles I walked in France to them!
By the way, if the journey continues to Lothlorien, are we suposed to get there untill the ROTK movie comes out? And how many extra miles are there?

[ September 12, 2003: Message edited by: Tefalathiel ]
Old 09-12-2003, 12:41 PM   #1013
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
(Am I doing good??)
Yep! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Go Naz!!!

Ya know, it's really amazing how far you walk just to get around to all your classes at school... I'm up to 80 miles because of it! Heh... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-13-2003, 07:14 AM   #1014
LINZIELF
Pile O'Bones

Location: Marching to Mordor - 590.5 miles-in the Barren Hills
LINZIELF has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]Well I finally got round to leaving Rivendell,althought I did stay to write my journal and enlisted the help of Bilbo and Elrond to stick the photos in! After spending 2 weeks there and generally eating, drinking and making merry, I thought I'd better be on my way. Elrond begged me to beware of Caribbean pirates but unfortunately they side tracked me with TTT dvd - sigh. never mind I am now fully focused on the quest - or is that thing? and am making good progress(even with the dwarf around). I keep looking for others on this long road but cannot see them - maybe I should take off my sunglasses? As the nights draw in this elf might find it hard to leave her hot chocolate behind and venture out in the cold?! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2003, 08:25 AM   #1015
Naz
Shade of Carn Dūm

49.45 miles in all

only 0.15 miles today, since it's still early & I'm on the net... ^ ^;;;

I wonder where I am...
Old 09-13-2003, 10:32 AM   #1016
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dūm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Shield

I have a couple questions. I can't get the original thread to open, so I don't really have a full explanation of this thread, although I get the overall idea.

Where do you start from, and what is the destination? I know it's Rivendell, but then what once you've got there? I guess that's about it...thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2003, 11:01 AM   #1017
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Hey Naz!:
You have walked 49.45 miles.
You have passed Woody End (46).
You are only 2.55 miles from Stock.
You still have 408.55 miles to Rivendell**

Are you un-lost now? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-14-2003, 06:08 AM   #1018
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Goldberry, the idea for the Walk to Rivendell originally came from the Éowyn Challenge site, so please click on that link for explanations. The whole idea is just to encourage walking or other exercise in a Middle-earth context. We start from Bag End in Hobbiton, and Rivendell is the goal, though some of us who have already reached that are walking on to Lothlórien. On the Éowyn Challenge site, you can record your miles on the Milestones Celebration page. Be sure to register that you are walking for the Barrow-Downs!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 07:57 AM   #1019
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dūm

Eye

The dratted dwarf and the Elf are still going on about everything! The yelling and bickering continue into the long hours of the morning, when we find a place to hide and get in a little sleep.
We have walked 504 miles.
We have passed Fords of Bruinen (480).
We are only 21 miles from Wild Path!!!
You still have 418 miles to Caras Galadon in Lothlórien.
Congrats to everyone in and near Rivendell! I'll see you on the Road!
Old 09-14-2003, 10:57 AM   #1020
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

I haven't been walking as much as of late but I try to keep up the pace. Strider says Rivendell is very, very close and we should be there very soon if we walk a lot. He also convinced me to start a journal that I'll actually write in every day, not just for a few days before I stop again.

BTW, the mileage list is updated. If you don't display your mileage in your FROM: space I'm now begging you to do that. I've been updating those who don't, but soon I'm going to give it up. It's getting too difficult to read through all the posts each time I update the list. Thanks!

Oh, and Naz, just to make sure you don't get lost again (I was rather lost once, and it wasn't too enjoyable), here is your official 'map', or Mileage Tracker (I refer to it as my 'map' [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]) created by the BW. Just type in how many miles you've walked and you'll find out where you are. Hope that helps.

Welcome, Goldberry, and I hope you enjoy yourself walking.

Everyone is doing great; keep up the good work!

[ September 14, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]
Old 09-14-2003, 10:59 AM   #1021
Linnamalle
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I posted this on the Coming of Age thread but I had to post it here too...

At Borders today, I found the two-CD set, Evening in Rivendell and Night in Rivendell by the Tolkien Ensemble. It was the last one. The songbook for The Starlit Jewel also arrived in the mail. So: Linnamalle is deliriously happy, and feels that she truly has arrived in Rivendell and that the walk was worthwhile! Ah, the singing, the singing!
They spoke no more of the small news of the Shire far away; nor of the dark shadows and perils that encompassed them, but of the fair things they had seen in the world together, of the Elves, of the stars, of trees, and the gentle fall of the bright year in the woods.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:13 AM   #1022
Naz
Shade of Carn Dūm

You have walked 52.13 miles.
You have passed Stock (52).
It is 13.87 miles to the next landmark.
You still have 405.87 miles to Rivendell.

'All right!' said Pippin. 'I will follow you into every bog and ditch. But it is hard! I had counted on passing the Golden Perch at Stock before sundown. The best beer in the Eastfarthing, or used to be: it is a long time since I tasted it.'

*drags Pip* Come on...

Pip: NOOOOO!!!! I DON' WANNA GOOOOO!!!
Old 09-14-2003, 10:00 PM   #1023
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

You have walked 254 miles.
You have passed the Weather Hills (246).
You are only 4 miles from the ancient fortress of Weathertop.
You still have 204 miles to Rivendell.

In the morning they found, for the first time since they had left the Chetwood, a track plain to see. They turned right and followed it southwards. It ran cunningly, taking a line that seemed chosen so as to keep as much hidden as possible from the view, both of the hill-tops above and of the flats to the west. It dived into dells, and hugged steep banks; and where it passed over flatter and more open ground on either side of it there were lines of large boulders and hewn stones that screened the travellers almost like a hedge.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Well, I may make it to Rivendell by January--of 2005, probably. If that.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 11:17 AM   #1024
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Right on, Naz, you're catching up with me! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You definitely keep accurate distance measurements. Pedometers are fun things, aren't they?

**We have walked 82 miles.
We have passed The Bonfire Glade (78).
It is 16 miles to the next landmark.
We still have 376 miles to Rivendell.**

'I don't know what stories you mean,' Merry answered. 'If you mean the old bogey-stories Fatty's nurses used to tell him, about goblins and wolves and things of that sort, I should say no. At any rate I don't believe them. But the Forest is queer. Everything in it is very much more alive, more aware of what is going on, so to speak, than things are in the Shire. And the trees do not like strangers. They watch you. They are usually content merely to watch you, as long as daylight lasts, and don't do much. Occasionally the most unfriendly ones may drop a branch, or stick a root out, or grasp at you with a long trailer. But at night things can be most alarming, or so I am told. I have only once or twice been in here after dark, and then only near the hedge. I thought all the trees were whispering to each other, passing news and plots along in an unintelligible language; and the branches swayed and groped without any wind. They do say the trees do actually move, and can surround strangers and hem them in. In fact long ago they attacked the Hedge: they came and planted themselves right by it, and leaned over it. But the hobbits came and cut down hundreds of trees, and made a great bonfire in the Forest, and burned all the ground in a long strip east of the Hedge. After that the trees gave up the attack, but they became very unfriendly. There is still a wide bare space not far inside where the bonfire was made.'

Trees: LOOM!

Sapphire: Squeak! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-15-2003, 11:18 AM   #1025
Anything but Arwen
Wight

Anything but Arwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Anything but Arwen
Silmaril

Good Eru, how have I managed to miss this? Can I start now? PLeeese? 458 miles...does that count any horseback riding? I ride every week, and hey, Frodo got a lift while he was ill. If so, I'm definately going to join on in. *calls* Floofy! Woofums! WALKIES! *is knocked over by bounding warg-things*
We're going walking!
Old 09-15-2003, 03:19 PM   #1026
Naz
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

55.06 miles in all

2.71 mi. in today alone

Sapphire: Yea, pedometers are fuuun [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2003, 06:03 PM   #1027
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Anything but Arwen

Welcome! And horseback riding certainly counts. Otherwise I'd have to be taking away many, many miles from my current count. Have fun walking!

We managed to walk one mile today and then I had to stop because I grew strangely sick. Strider said I didn't have a fever, but I felt terrible. For my sake we went no further (thank you so much, Strider), and I've been resting all day singing hobbit (read= Irish) ballads and listening to them (Merry and Pippin were kind enough to sing some for me). I'm feeling better now, but still so weak that I couldn't possibly walk (I just barely made it up and down the driveway) and sitting is about all I can do. That's why I have the time to write.

Sam promises to make me one of my favorite meals, and it happens to be rather healthy, as well. I apologized to Strider so many times, but this small hobbit is just beginning to see how kind this man of the Big Folk is. He merely smiled at me and made no answer, but his smile was so kind and encouraging that I was truly touched.

Keep walking, everyone! I'll continue when I can gain the strength. Where's my pony, Strider? Frodo gets Bill, what about me? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2003, 09:47 PM   #1028
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
Trees: LOOM!

Sapphire: Squeak!
Sapphire: [SNORK] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

The cooler weather has definitely made walking more pleasant, especially at night. However, I fear that as the temperature begins to drop, that travelling will become much less 'pleasant'. Pippin gave Gandalf some of his Longbottom Leaf this morning when we stopped and camped, which made the 'Big G' much less grumpy. Pippin said he'd continue to share his pipeweed with Gandalf as long as I continued to share my food with him. I just hope the other hobbits don't find out...

--------------------

• When winter first begins to bite
    and stones crack in the frosty night,
    when pools are black and trees are bare,
    'tis evil in the Wild to fare.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:02 AM   #1029
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Good day to all! I have trudged my way 123 miles, and I'm almost to the Barrow-Downs! A couple of days ought to see me there! I had better learn Bombadil's rhyme before I land!

I just wanted to post the voting results for the 3rd House Contest for the Eowyn Challenge, since I didn't see it here yet, and add my congrats to Pyroclastic and mark12_30 for jobs well done on behalf of the Barrow-Downs!

From the "Walk to Rivendell" Yahoo Group, Monday Sept.15 :
First Place: "Eowyn Defies the Ringwraith Lord: the Updated Version"
by Arylin of WWEC. 100 points to WWEC.

Second Place: Tie between "The Further Adventures of Legloas and
Gimli" by Pyroclastic of Barrow Downs and "A Chance Encounter" by
Aibrean of WWEC. However, because no House can get place points
twice in one contest, the second place points go to Barrow Downs. 50
Points to Barrow Downs.

Third Place: "A Shared Dream" by Mark 12_30 of Barrow Downs.
However, since no House can win place points twice in one contest,
the points go to the fourth place winner, "A Surprising Turn of
Events" by Celefinniel of TORN. 25 points go to TORN.

Cheers,
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:52 PM   #1030
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

**We have walked 83.25 miles.
It is 14.75 miles to the next landmark.
We still have 374.75 miles to Rivendell.**

~*~*~*~
[Scene: The four usual hobbits riding through the Old Forest]

Merry (loudly): Yes, most of these trees will have to come down. The new expressway will be going through this way <waves hand> It'll make a loop from the bridge, over the Withywindle and then down toward Haysend, then back over the Brandywine where it'll hook up with the old road in Deephallow.

Trees: [Loom]

Merry (continuing loudly): That'll open up this whole area. First we're going to put in Brandybuck Mall right in this area, here.

Trees: [LOOM]

Merry (still rather loudly): Then I think Withywindle Estates is next, that'll be the pricey homes by the river.

Trees: [LOOM!!!!]

Frodo: Merry?

Merry: Yes Frodo?

Frodo: Shut up!
~*~*~*~

***above quote courtesy of the Stupid Ring Parody...***

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-16-2003, 06:55 PM   #1031
Naz
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

You have walked 58.82 miles.
It is 7.18 miles to the next landmark.
You still have 399.18 miles to Rivendell.

4.49 miles in today alone! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 03:51 PM   #1032
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dūm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Thanks for the explanation, Estelyn. I registered with the Eowyn Challenge website (which has my avatar picture on the front page [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) and have walked a grand total of two miles today! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

One more question...do I update my miles on both the Eowyn Challenge website and on this thread?

EDIT: I forgot I had gym class today, where I ran. That would add about one mile, so my grand total is now three! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ September 17, 2003: Message edited by: Goldberry ]
Old 09-17-2003, 04:09 PM   #1033
Naz
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Pippin: Where did that random kiosk randomly come from?

Me: I dunno:

Random Kiosk person: Here's you miles paper!

Me: ? *takes paper*

You have walked 62.51 miles.
You are only 3.49 miles from Buckleberry Ferry.
You still have 395.49 miles to Rivendell.

*eyes light up* YESSSSSS!!!!!!! COME ON GUYS!!! *runs, dragging hobbits*

Hobbits: GYA~~~!!

-------------------

fer all I know, I'm there already :P 3.79 miles today...

You have walked 66.30 miles.
You have passed Buckleberry Ferry (66).
It is 6.7 miles to the next landmark.
You still have 391.7 miles to Rivendell.

They turned down the Ferry lane, which was straight and well-kept and edged with large white-washed stones. In a hundred yards or so it brought them to the river-bank, where there was a broad wooden landing-stage. A large flat ferry-boat was moored beside it. The white bollards near the water's edge glimmered in the light of two lamps on high posts. Behind them the mists in the flat fields were now above the hedges; but the water before them was dark, with only a few curling wisps like steam among the reeds by the bank. There seemed to be less fog on the further side.

YES!!!!!!!!! *drags hobbits to Crickhollow*

Merry: HOW'D I GET ROPED INTO THIS?!

(edit: BUT I'M CONFUSED!!! The Landmark page at the Eowyn place says at 70 miles I'll be at Buckleberry Ferry.... I'm so confu~~sed!!! help, anyone??)

[ September 17, 2003: Message edited by: Naz ]
Old 09-17-2003, 04:37 PM   #1034
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Goldberry, You needn't post on the thread at the end of each day to update us with your mileage (I never do unless I have a lot of time), but if you go to the first page of this thread to the second post, you'll see there's a list of BD walkers that is updated every so often. If you want your mileage displayed on that list, the surest way to do it would be to put how many miles you've walked in your 'from' space. This isn't a necessity but it will ensure that you get your name on the list.

Happy walking!

~Nuru
Old 09-17-2003, 07:39 PM   #1035
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Although our Fellowship is still wandering in the Wilderness following Moses..I mean Gandalf..I am hitching a lift from Gwaihir tomorrow. He will transport me directly to the Misty Mountains, and I will spend the next two weeks hiking the paths there with other companions. Hopefully, the Fellowship will be in Hollin or possibly even Moria by the time I return. Arwen, keep an eye on that dwarf for me!!

--------------------

"But go now with good hearts! Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you. May the stars shine upon your faces!"
Old 09-18-2003, 12:51 PM   #1036
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

**We have walked 86.5 miles.
It is 11.5 miles to the next landmark.
We still have 371.5 miles to Rivendell.**

Sapphire and Pippin: Are we there yet?

Merry: No.

Saph & Pip:Are we there yet?

Merry: No.

Saph & Pip: Are we there yet?

Merry, Sam, & Frodo: [plug their ears and hum]

Saph & Pip: *snork!* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-18-2003, 01:34 PM   #1037
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

peony_foxburr has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peony_foxburr
Sting

Quote:
At once they went on again. They crossed the Bridge in safety, hearing no sound but the water swirling against its three great arches. A mile further on they came to a narrow ravine that led away northwards through the steep lands on the left of the Road. Here Strider turned aside, and soon they were lost in a sombre country of dark trees winding among the feet of sullen hills.
First camp in the Trollshaws--hurrah!
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water."
-The Return of the King
peony_foxburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 02:18 PM   #1038
Linnamalle
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Yay, Peony, you go, girl!
Old 09-18-2003, 03:36 PM   #1039
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dūm

Eye

Walking in the cool nights is very pleasant, and sometimes we stop in the middle of the night to walk before sunup. (I have to have something to do before the bus comes!)
The dwarf has been happier lately, and I believe I am the only one that knows why. Last night, I heard him singing, "The other elf is gone! The other elf is gone!"
Who could not like Alatįriėl?
We have walked 515 miles.
We have passed Fords of Bruinen (480).
We are only 10 miles from Wild Path.
We still have 407 miles to Caras Galadon in Lothlórien.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:04 PM   #1040
Naz
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

You have walked 69.12 miles.
You have passed Buckleberry Ferry (66).
It is 3.88 miles to the next landmark.
You still have 388.88 miles to Rivendell.

But shouldn't it be....

Traveling in the Marish, a fertile boggy area*

Buckleberry Ferry

Almost to the Ferry!! *drags hobbits*

Pip: HELLLLP!!