Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-05-2003, 04:07 PM   #121
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Okay. As another Dwarf finally posted, I posted again. I figured that Barzūn probably would not tell you about the Hillmen. *Bows and goes back to the shadows to await the action*
Old 10-05-2003, 04:50 PM   #122
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dūm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi everyone-

Just a quick note on buildings in the settlement. Buildings took a really long time to get started in the times that ME is supposed to mirror. While it makes sense that some of the settlers will have possibly started on more permanent housing (only in wood, not stone), no buildings will be all the way up yet. For now, everyone is living in tents and/or wagons. They have been doing this for a long time and are used to it.

Also, the supplies of stone will not have arrived yet, so, while the dwarves might be practicing their skills in the meantime, they won't be working with the actual stone for the buildings. Maybe they could carve on a boulder just to keep their skills up.

So, to reiterate, no buildings are up yet. The town hall will be the first building completed. Any discussions of ongoing buildings should be clear about the fact that they are made of wood. Just to give you an idea about timeline, the first of the stone buildings will likely be completed in a year or so. That is for the less complicated housing, etc. Warehouses will likely always be wooden. The Dwarves are there long term, they have a long road ahead of them for building.

Once the attack is made, Borgand will split the men of the settlement into teams for felling trees, building the wall, building housing and guard duty. The women will likely help with the building and may start planting as well. By the time the game is over everyone will have a wooden house and the wall will be up. The stone buildings will have been started by the dwarves, as well.

I hope this makes things clearer. Thanks everyone!

A REMINDER: PLEASE REMOVE SIGNATURES FROM EVERY GAME POST

[ October 05, 2003: Message edited by: The X Phial ]
Old 10-06-2003, 03:21 AM   #123
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Osse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

may i just ask, in the upcoming attack, what is going to happen in the way of casualties? Surely some people will die on both sides, but will it be players killing normal citizens or what? what casualties are you expecting, large or small and how long is the attack going to last for? Should we be posting what our character is doing during the attack?

cheers,
Osse

P.S
I am still away, posting off a laptop will be back on wednesday (US Tues) and posting regularly. Thanks to Belin for posting on my behalf a couple of times.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:26 PM   #124
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Hey, what should Kestrel be doing right now? She's already reacted to the meeting and I'm at a loss as to what I should post.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:35 PM   #125
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

I won't be able to get online till Monday, just to let you know.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:26 AM   #126
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Osse, sorry it has taken so long to answer your question. The attack will likely happen during the party after the town hall is built. I expect casualties of Settlement Guards, but that is all. You should discuss with Belin whether you will have wounded. No rangers should be involved except after the fact.

Tinuviel, at this point you can write character development posts, or discussions of how Knife is reacting to what was revealed at the meeting. If he is scared and how that affects you.

Menel, see you Monday.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:20 AM   #127
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Wonderful job everyone! Lets make sure to keep the posts coming.

Villagers can work on the settlement or their 'homes' (they should still mostly be tents, perhaps wagons, or maybe your character likes sleeping under the stars). Daily happens happen, like shoping, hurts, working, cooking, etc. Developing the physical village is important, but remember it's not a fast process either.

Rangers in the village can interact, whine a bit, or gain new insights into 'regular' living. Maybe they could give a few lessons or scoldings [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Hillman are doing great with posts. Keep up the hate of the villagers and lack of food.

We have several players that haven't posted more than once or perhaps twice, we want your writing as well! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Remember, in a rpg interaction makes most of the game. Try to leave open ended posts. Perhaps even plan an event between characters through pm. Oh, and remember to take out your signitures [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~Kryss
Old 10-14-2003, 07:51 PM   #128
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Sting

Come on guys...it's been four days since the last post, we need more 'trivial' posts, village life, what hillmen are thinking after the meeting etc, we need to keep the momentum going methinks.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:13 PM   #129
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

X: should we set out after the rain subsides?
Old 10-17-2003, 09:08 AM   #130
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Attention all dwarves: We have an important mission for you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Considering the fact that the plans should be finished soon and the stone has not arrived yet with which to begin real construction, the Dwarves are going to take a little side trip. The settlement sight is not far from the first capital of Arnor, Annuminas. There will be ruins there, and the possibility of stone that can be used to start the new city. You should set out as soon as the rain lets up, as Vanima suggested. You will likely miss the hunt and the susequent attack, though you might arrive just as the attack is ending and then remember to tell the settlers about the hillmen you saw [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Or you might choose to keep it secret. Also, there will be things to find in Annuminas. Watch for PMs from yours truly with suggestions.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:29 PM   #131
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Should any rangers accompany the dwarves, or should we stay at the settlement for now?
Old 10-20-2003, 10:02 PM   #132
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

The Dwarves would not want Rangers along and Rangers wouldn't really want to go with a bunch of grumpy Dwarves (no offense [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

So any Rangers there (Awyrgan and Alearindu stationed, Thoronmir on his own) should stay there for the time being.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:19 AM   #133
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

*cue dramatic music*

Thorgil and Calem are...well, read the post. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

*end music*

Back to business. Now that this vital plot point is accomplished, Kryssal's ranger can step forward. The hunt can commence. The building of town hall gets into full swing. The dwarves skedaddle for Annuminas. The hillmen bide their time, or, perhaps, react to the death of Calem. Onwards and upwards. Or, at least, onwards.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:09 PM   #134
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Vanima, nice post. I liked your discussion among the dwarves especially. So, the dwarves won't know about Thorgil biting the dust, and they have failed to mention their sighting of the hillmen. I love it when things come together [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2003, 04:24 AM   #135
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Great post X Phial!!! What time frame are we looking at until the attack, before Nov 10th or after? I will be unavailable from the 10th of Nov to the 21st or there abouts as we're moving house. Great to see some action!

Osse
Old 10-25-2003, 10:22 AM   #136
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

X: I read your post again this morning. It is even better the second read. It may be that I'm tired from getting to bed late after my dance last night, but I, too, began to cry reading it this time.

Okay, Dwarves, let's get this road on the show...erm...show on the road! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ October 25, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 10-27-2003, 03:22 PM   #137
Bźthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bźthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bźthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bźthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bźthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

My SAVE is filled in. Events are now ready for the Hillmen to discover Calem's partially buried body. And Calumdil is bringing Thorgil's body back to the Ranger's cabin.

I have tried to move events on to their wider significance. I hope nobody feels I have stiffed any of the dead characters. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

btw, this is the second time that I have come to bury Rimbaud's character. It's less funny the second time round. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Bźthberry
Old 10-27-2003, 07:32 PM   #138
Carrūn
Wight

Carrūn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Awyrgan is back in the game so to speak. Sorry for the absense; what I thought would be an easy semester has turned out to be the busiest yet.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:21 AM   #139
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Great posts Bethberry and Carrun! I will leave the initiating of the finding of Calem's corpse up to Wolf.

EDIT: Just a point of interest. Nowhere could i find what shore of Lake Evendim we are on. Annśminas was on the southern shore. Are we also on the southern shore but further east or west? Also, a map of the region would make posting down the track easier for all...even if it's just a print-off of lake evendim with texta'd place names and locations etc.

[ October 28, 2003: Message edited by: Osse ]
Old 10-28-2003, 07:11 AM   #140
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

A good point, Osse. The map that Susan Delgado drew of the town plan indicates that our settlement would be at the junction of the lake and the Brandywine, which is NorthEast of Annuminas. As for maps, this one is the best I could find online for readability. You could also look in your copy of LotR [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2003, 12:54 AM   #141
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

I would look in my copy of LOTR...but because we are moving it's in storage already. I'll have to buy the whole set anew. (oh damn [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Thanks for the map X!

Osse
Old 10-31-2003, 01:23 AM   #142
Belin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Silmaril

In addition to my new post, I have made some changes to my post of September 28. Please look at it, as it might well be important later.

Wolf's intention is to tell Cleft, the priest, about the death. The other hillmen are likely to discover it quite soon, but Wolf, at least, is unlikely to be completely open about it. If pressed, he might be willing to mention it to one of his brothers, or to Kestrel... the information has to leak out somehow. But I leave the details to you.

[ November 01, 2003: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 10-31-2003, 08:16 PM   #143
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Great post Vanima! It's good to see things moving forward again. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I liked your description of the city and its scale. Great posting, all.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:27 PM   #144
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

A dwarf post will be up sometime tomorrow night. Sorry, but I've been quite busy...I'll try and post on a more regular basis.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:13 PM   #145
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
Silmaril

I know, I'm confusing. To explain; I had the first post. But it needed tweaking. So, I posted a 'save', but got different ideas, so deleted that Save post entirely and posted up the new one. If you read the post, you notice it's left open; any settler can pick up on that and continue on, if you want to. :-)

~The Lady Aerowen
Old 11-09-2003, 02:36 AM   #146
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

I am moving [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. The computer is going into storage [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] . I will be unable to post until at least the 20th, so i will make a couple of saves now and fill them in later. It seems i will miss the attack after all! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I will make a battle SAVE if i may though...

Thanks everyone, especially our Leading Ladies for being so understanding.

See you all in a few weeks!

Regards and well wishes,
Osse
Old 11-12-2003, 05:55 PM   #147
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Just to let you know, I will not be able to make any posts from Friday until Sunday afternoon.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:24 PM   #148
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

I left that open for Bethberry's character Calumdril, but any villager could greet and lead them on in.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:03 PM   #149
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

And he said unto them, after the moon had sailed across the sky no less then seventeen times: "I have returned!" and looking around him he found that not much had changed in his absence. "Boy, has everyone been napping?"

And Osse looked westward and proclaimed; "Yonder lies Los Angeles, land of the golden sun, land of the burning lung!" And lo! a great shadow appeared to rise out of the east, and born upon the shadow, many stars gleamed like mithril. The shadow-light surged acroos the sky, banishing the unholy light. But then Osse's heart was pierced with dread; for the stars slowly dimmed, then were quenched. For no light could pierce the dreadful smog of that haunted vale.

[ 12:08 AM November 27, 2003: Message edited by: Osse ]
Old 12-03-2003, 05:02 PM   #150
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Himaran, Varda, my beloved fellow Dwarves: do you think you can fill in your Saves? I'm kind of waiting for you guys before I really do anything.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:06 PM   #151
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Well, I'm just about to fill in my save - a bit at a loss at what we should actually do, though. Do you think it's about time to go back to the settlement?
Old 12-03-2003, 05:57 PM   #152
Carrūn
Wight

Sting

Filled in recent save.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:42 PM   #153
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

No, not quite time to go back to the camp quite yet. We still have work to do. Just wait a while more, Varda.

You think you could edit your post, Varda? And has anyone seen Himaran around?

[ 6:44 PM December 04, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 12-04-2003, 06:39 PM   #154
Carrūn
Wight

Sting

Himaran was fine when I visited over Thankgiving, I think he's just being lazy. I'll give him a hard time next phone call. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2003, 11:23 PM   #155
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Hey, Osse, want to have a little interaction between Bear and Kestrel? She's got nothing to do while we wait for these foolish settlers to do something (just kidding, about the foolish settler part at least.) I think it would be logical for them to at least talk a little. What do you say?
Old 12-07-2003, 03:16 PM   #156
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I'm having a bit of a problem.

The X Phial was proofreading my post, and I've been waiting for her to PM it back to me with changes for almost a month now. I really would like to get some more posts up on this RPG, but it seems like the X Phial has somehow forgotten about me...
Old 12-07-2003, 05:36 PM   #157
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

I will remind her for you next time I talk to her. I can only apologise on her behalf, she's been very busy working.

Osse
Old 12-07-2003, 08:31 PM   #158
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Very sorry about my lack of posts - I have been extremely busy with school.

Am filling in save momentarily.

Himaran

EDIT - Save Filled

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:49 PM December 07, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 12-08-2003, 09:29 AM   #159
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Menel - my apologies. I did send the post back, with notes. I should, however, have made a copy of what I wrote and your original post in the event it was lost. Please resend, and I will make copies this time, in case loss occurs. My fault, for not making a copy.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:28 PM   #160
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

*Sigh* I was planning on waiting for Varda to change her post so that we do not go back to camp, but if she doesn't change it by tomorrow, I'll just push on without it.