Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-18-2002, 04:02 PM   #41
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Shield

Hey guys. This is the previously named Nefrodiel_the_fair_of_heart. I just wanted to let you know that this is my new registered name. I wanted to tell you this so that when I post in the actual RPG that you all don't think I'm just somebody randomly jumping in. Thanks!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2002, 10:27 PM   #42
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hoo boy! A Dwarf-wife abroad! Wow!

Now y'all do realize she is most likely somewhat bearded (isn't that right?) and ugly (at least to other folk, watch that dwarvish temper!)?

Enjoy!
Old 03-19-2002, 01:10 AM   #43
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Dwarin Thunderhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Yes we know all about the beard, and the temper. That's somewhat of the point. That's also why I'm creating a different charachter and not hitching Dwarin to her [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2002, 01:11 AM   #44
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

How dark? Would Rûdhchamion be allowed to be Nandorin? (hmmm, maybe not - they're a bit haughty... but I can't make up my mind to be either Sindarin or Silvan, and Noldor was a bit too ambitiuos... but Rûdhchamion's physical traits are dark-haired, grey eyed. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Regarding his "dark personality"... less gay than the average wood-elf, more serious. The songs Rûdhchamion sings (or will sing) are tinged with sadness (and anger). He's more warrior-like now, his skills in combat have been honed because of his desire to find and kill those (particularly all orcs, goblins and even men who have allied themselves with orcs) responsible for the death of his loved ones. He keeps his silence and thoughts to himself (don't most elves?)

=======================
Dwarf-wife??? Now that is definetly interesting... I thought the dwarvenfolks never let their females roam about in ME (this must be a very rare case!). Maybe Rûdhchamion can meet her and the hobbit girl and learn something more than just going after orcs and killing.
========================

Oh BTW GIL,
Rûdhchamion does not want to be a leader of anything... let him be force to help Rin (or somebody) in a quest or something to that effect. (I can do the craziest things sometimes - after effects of D&D?/AD&D RPG playing, hehehehe)
Oh, and thanks for letting Rûdhchamion keep the knife (I thought you'd think it a bit out of plce for him to have a jewelled hunting knife, and one made by dwarves at that!)
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 03-21-2002, 03:02 PM   #45
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Where is the rpg going anyway out of curiosity? Or are we just sort of going with the flow on it. just wondering.

[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: Anarya SilverBranch ]
Old 03-21-2002, 06:13 PM   #46
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

I'm sorry for the delay in getting started from erebor, my parter (the lady who will be playing my wife) and I need to have a little chat before we get started!
Old 03-21-2002, 06:27 PM   #47
Elenya
Haunting Spirit

Location: See that mound of earth? No, no, the one to the left.....There you go
Elenya has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenya
Silmaril

I am Elenya of Forlindon. I am 600 years old, very similar in features to my cousin Arwen. I am skiled with a bow, and also carry a sword. I ride a black stallion named Ore. My father, leader of the Elves at Forlond, had sent me to Lorien with an private message and a small band of men, because he was worried for Celeborn and Galadriel. I was attacked on the way there, by orcs, and the message was intercepted, and all my men were lost. I was stabbed in the leg, hence my noticible limp. I recovered in Rivendell, and am making my way back to Forlond, and currently am at Weathertop.
Old 03-22-2002, 04:20 PM   #48
shieldmaiden
Wight

shieldmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey husband, have you chosen your name yet? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
So, i'm Smrda Coldfeet (hard to pronounce, heh?), Dwarin's character's wife who hatesss spiders, has "sort of a beard" an a very very bad temper. Watch out!!
Old 03-22-2002, 06:13 PM   #49
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

I know it's not the one you suggested, but Howabout "Narin Thickskull" ? Anyways I can always change it. I shall start writing immediatly. A post should be up fairly soon.
Old 03-23-2002, 07:35 PM   #50
Mayla Took
Wight

Mayla Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mayla Took
Ha ha ha! This sounds interesting and fun! I hope I can keep up with all of this! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Bilbo to Merry and Pippin

"Fool of a Took! This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!"
Gandalf to Pippin in Moria

E-mail me at mailto:ThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.comThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.com</A>
Oh, and please rate me. THANKS!
Old 03-24-2002, 04:30 PM   #51
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Sting

Quote:
I am Elenya of Forlindon. I am 600 years old, very similar in features to my cousin Arwen. I am skiled with a bow, and also carry a sword. I ride a black stallion named Ore. My father, leader of the Elves at Forlond, had sent me to Lorien with an private message and a small band of men, because he was worried for Celeborn and Galadriel. I was attacked on the way there, by orcs, and the message was intercepted, and all my men were lost. I was stabbed in the leg, hence my noticible limp. I recovered in Rivendell, and am making my way back to Forlond, and currently am at Weathertop.
You are nowhere near any of this action! In fact you are headed in the opposite direction! If we start another RPG in ERIADOR then your character might have a place!

Quote:
Where is the rpg going anyway out of curiosity? Or are we just sort of going with the flow on it. just wondering.
If I TOLD you where the RPG was going, that would take the G out of it! I do have an actual plot, but it may take a little while to work out since we now have so many folk. That means that while there is a sequence of events that I have planned, there is a lot of just "going with the flow," too.

[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: Gilthalion ]
Old 03-25-2002, 12:23 AM   #52
Mayla Took
Wight

Thumbs up

That sounds great to me! I would take it as a compliment that so many people want to be apart of your RPG, because we all know how well experienced and talented writer and person you are! I am looking forward to being apart of your RPG! Keep up the good work!

P.S.
I love your fan fictions! Wonderful work!

"Fool of a Took! This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!"

Old 03-25-2002, 05:27 PM   #53
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I'm kind of stuck for ideas so if anyone wants to suggest something, I'm quite open to ideas. ATM I am standing in front of Sauche's cell. I don't know what to do next, whether i should talk to her, help her escape, etc..... Anybody have an idea?
Old 03-25-2002, 08:05 PM   #54
Taraancaiel

Sting

Ok, is the fic started yet or are people like still joining and figuring out what they're gonna be still? I'm just wondering when I should actually start typing stuff. Ok, that's all I had to say, so I'll post later.

Old 03-25-2002, 08:47 PM   #55
Ahanarion
Haunting Spirit

Ahanarion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sorry about the week long absence I was on vacation and didn't have access to a computer.
Old 03-25-2002, 09:56 PM   #56
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

LúthienTinúviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

Yes, my apologies also for the same reason.
from dawn to dusk, from sun to sea.

http://www.thereandbackagain.net
Old 03-25-2002, 10:24 PM   #57
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

Hey Gil..there's so much going on, I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with Tinuiel. I'd like to be a big part of this story, if possible, but if not, I shan't cry or anything like that. Anyway, I was wondering if you had any ideas. If you do, I don't have a problem filling some role you envision for the story. If not, I'll come up with something. I just wanted to see whether or not you had any plans in that brilliant mind of yours, as leader of this RPG and all...

Anyway, let me know. I'll post again soon. I really like it so far. Way to go guys! Awesome characters.

Old 03-26-2002, 01:47 PM   #58
cheeto
Pile O'Bones

cheeto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

just wondering,when do I get to add in?
Old 03-27-2002, 12:49 PM   #59
Elenya
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Okay, I'm new at this, so don't yell at me, but I'll see if I can fix it. I'll start over: I am Elenya of Forlindon. I am 600 years old, very similar in features to my cousin Arwen. I am skilled with a bow, and also carry a sword. I ride a black stallion named Ore. My father, leader of the Elves at Forlond, had sent me to Lorien with an private message and a small band of men, because he was worried for Celeborn and Galadriel. I was travelling on the old forest road. Riders (not the Nazgul, but something else) attacked at the base of the mountains, and I was forced to retreat into Mirkwood.

Help on finishing this? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2002, 08:50 PM   #60
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Sting

Elenya: Tell you what! How about if you are a cousin of Arwen (never mind how), your father is an elf-lord in Rivendell, you ride the horse alone on the old forest road, and you are headed to Thranduil with a warning from Elrond about the rise of the power in Mordor and the potential for trouble at Dol Goldur. You are alone because you were waylaid by orcs in the mountain passes and you were the only elf to escape...

As for the rest of you, go with the flow! I have nothing specific planned for any of you. I will try to play off of your ideas as much as possible. There are events that will transpire in the background, and you will have to respond to these, but otherwise, you are writing this as much as I am! Have fun!

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: Gilthalion ]
Old 03-28-2002, 02:25 PM   #61
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Sting

Just popping in for a moment...

The RPG is going well! We have some very imaginative writers! Glad to see a villain (Thenamir) in the crew!

Rinurion rightly guesses that Thranduil will have orders shortly. Stand by for the trials! It may take a day or two for me to post it. Then, MARCHING ORDERS!

There will be divergent threads of action, but things ought to come together as time passes. Be prepared! Obviously, these RPGs take many weeks to finish, and in fact all of them so far have either petered out or bogged down at times. But as I said, this looks like as talented a group as we've had, and if you can be patient, and post every two or three days, we will gradually have a story that will make a fine read!

Keep up the good work!

(Now if I can get those sluggards in Rohan to take care of business...)
Old 03-28-2002, 03:03 PM   #62
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Ring

Hey my fellow RPGers. My friend is going to join the party if she can. I don't know what her screenname is yet but she'll tell you when she gets here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2002, 07:41 PM   #63
Elenya
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Hey guys! Well, I've made my first submission into the RPG, but I'm sitting here at my computer, and I'm not sure what to write for the next one. If anyone has ANY ideas, please, leave me a post! TTFN!
Old 03-30-2002, 08:12 PM   #64
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Well you could meet up with Legolas or something like that. Maybe you bring news that has something to do with why the Men of the east went through Mirkwood. I know those are stupid ideas but I'm having a hard time thinking right now, sorry.
Old 03-31-2002, 08:54 AM   #65
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Right now I am tooooo tired to think about anything I can do.. Anyone have any ideas what a silent kitchen elf might do in the RP? And I was thinking about how far away the prison are from the kitchen, and the Great Hall.. Might be good to know at least who you might encounter when passing by to feed the prisoners..
Old 03-31-2002, 10:27 AM   #66
Mayla Took
Wight

White-Hand

Is this RPG thread ready? I hear people saying that they have posted, but, where can I go to do the same?

Old 03-31-2002, 04:13 PM   #67
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

You can go here to post. Welcome.

Old 04-01-2002, 06:28 AM   #68
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hey, the dwarves are here!!! (er, posting that is....) been waiting for them actually
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Leighlei, been meaning to ask - how do you pronounce "Sauche"? My friend and I are now in a debate of sorts... does the "ch" sound like "church" or "machine" or more like "k"?
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2002, 07:22 AM   #69
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Leighlei has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Leighlei
Sting

It's pronounced ~
Sou-ch
Odd, I know, but yeah, like 'church' but Souche! Heh...okay, I need someone to start posting with me, I can't just sit around and moan all day.
Old 04-01-2002, 03:27 PM   #70
Genandra of Mirkwood
Pile O'Bones

Genandra of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi there- is it too late to join the RPG?? I'm brand new to the site but have begun to create the character Genandra in other forums. As she is a Mirkwood elf, here we are! I'm a long-time Tolkien fan and writer, but still refining both Tolkien knowledge and writing skills so I'm open to any and all suggestions. Please let me know if it's possible to join the RPG. Here's the goods on Genandra so far:

I am an elf of Mirkwood, born to a common family but in the distant past we had connection to the Eldar so there is a yearning in me both to travel and to learn of other races. That will not happen until during/after the War of the Rings. I am older, in appearance around 28, and known for kindness and wisdom. Basically, I am a healer, in particular a healer of plants and animals. I do talk to them and enjoy their company better than my own kind, though I rarely let that show. I may have husband and children or have lost them in battle? I carry a slender knife in the folds of my tunic but my main weapon is the bow, of which I am very skilled. Since I spend much time in the deep forests, often alone, I've had occasion to battle spy-parties of orcs. I am a poet and write poems of trees and plants. After the War of the Ring, I'll have heard rumors of the ents and finally give in to my wandering yen, undertaking a journey to Fangorn. As the ents learn of my skills they will put me to work restoring the green things of Isengard. Like me, they want to see the waste places brought back to life. I also think they hope I can make it a place that will appeal to the Entwives.

That's it so far! I will immediately get onto the suggestion of re-reading the Hobbit and the Silmarillion for more info on the Silvan elves. Good to meet all of you.
Old 04-01-2002, 04:30 PM   #71
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Welcome to the Barrow-Downs Genandra of Mirkwood! Just wanted to greet you and make you feel like at home here! Make yourself comfortable! Enjoy being dead! Oh, and do not be dead when it comes to post much and often! ^_~
Old 04-02-2002, 04:10 AM   #72
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Sauche,
be patient for a little while more... Rûdhchamion is getting curious about the men, he might contrive a way to get a good look at them (hopefully without getting caught). Maybe then he'll finally meet you! (again hopefully with him NOT inside a cell)
But the only way he can do that is to get inside Thranduil's realm. I'm trying to figure out how his going to do that...
Tell you what... if he reaches you and you're still incarcerated, MAYBE he'll try to rescue you - that would also depend on where this story's headed... hold it, there are prison guards... hmmmm

First, I need help getting in.... maybe Anarya will help [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

its hard to think when your head is throbbing... my flu is not helping!!!!
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Alright!!! there's a Hobbit in the story!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 04-02-2002, 09:13 AM   #73
Mayla Took
Wight

Sting

Ha ha! I am having fun already. Boy! I feel kinda special being the only Hobbit in the RPG! But don't let that drive away anyone else who wants to be a Hobbit, you could just join my "Hobbit walking party". Lol, Just kidding! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2002, 04:15 PM   #74
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Thalionyulma,
I read your post and saw where you might need a little help getting into the prison thing.I had an idea that maybe I'd know another person to get in the prison and stuff. I'm still working on it but so far I think I've got a way. I just don't know what I'm gonna do once I get in there (If I ever do)
Also, I'm not an "elfling". That makes me sound like a tree or something. I'm a young elven girl, it sounds more refined [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Hope you feel better. I feel your pain, I've got the flu too [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: Anarya SilverBranch ]
Old 04-02-2002, 09:44 PM   #75
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

I have a suggestion to maybe help you get into the prison. I could get you in. Seeing as now that I have taken an interest in the young "wild" girl, I have a reason to be in the prison. I could possibly dress you up as my bestfriend (read: as a girl) and say I'm taking you to see what has been consuming my time these past days.

Oh and I think Ahanarion and I maybe need to speed things up a bit seeing as everybody else has progressed in days while we stand here talking in minutes...... Anyways just a suggestion for all parties included. Oh and I agree witht the whole sideplot romantic interlude.

ok gonna go see the new posts
Old 04-02-2002, 10:07 PM   #76
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Anarya,
hahahaha! I'm coping with the flu, but my doc thinks bombarding me w/ stuff that make me feel like I'm floating is s'pose to help... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ("elfing" is a sort of name-calling Rûdhchamion used to tease his sister w/ ... okay, he won't call Anarya an elfing... *tries to look sincere, but doesn't quite accomplish it*) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Anyways, even if Sauche "the wild one" gets help from Gen - it'll still be interesting if Rûdhchamion gets in... and how you get him in.... besides Rinurion seems friendly, (to you anyway, hehehe) [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
-that is he may not "turn you in" (I think)

Leighlei,
hey! you got Genandra's sympathy... Sauche's howling must have done it! hehehehe -jus' joking [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Fair Amryllis
actually "the Dark Elf" hasn't met "The Wild One" yet... Rûdhchamion's main purpose is to see if the easterlings can give him a clue on who killed his parents - killing them is also one of his choices of action, he doesn't trust men.
I hope he'll meet Sauche there...
you mean HE has to dress up like a GIRL????
sounds interesting.... hhhmmmmm
how are our characters going to meet?

[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 04-03-2002, 02:51 AM   #77
Genandra of Mirkwood
Pile O'Bones

Genandra of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi all- hope you don't mind me jumping into the RPG! I went back and gave Sauche a little more time to rot and be rescued. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm enjoying reading everyone's stuff! All these wild elves about, with dwarves and hobbits on the way!
Old 04-03-2002, 10:12 AM   #78
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Nice-Smeagol has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Hello, Can I join, How About this:
Mornov, a wandering elf who was born in Mirkwood.He was captured by the servants of the Enemy and tortured until he agreed to carry out a terrible deed... but I won't tell anyone because that would spoil the suspense. Please let me in.... please

I'm evil I know, but hey, who's gonna stop me! Bwahahahahahahaha!
Old 04-03-2002, 10:24 AM   #79
Narya
Wight

Narya has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Hello! Do you still need some characters for the Mirkwood RPG?
I´m not sure about a good character yet, but I´d like to be some kind of young elven girl.
I thought of a rebelious girl, that is different from the other elves in Mirkwood.
But there are already characters like that, so I´m just asking what persons you still need for the story.
Old 04-03-2002, 12:38 PM   #80
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Sting

What we rapidly have shaping up here is an entire kingdom of elf-girls with attitudes and tragic histories!

Please! No more new players after this post! Anyone who has posted so far can join, just jump in on the MIRKWOOD RPG post and start writing.

Please! No more posts saying "please come up with an idea for me" or variations of "I don't know what to do." Try not to write yourself into a corner. If you go somewhere, go with something in mind.

Otherwise, great work, keep it up, and now I'm going to go read the latest...

[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: Gilthalion ]