The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #1
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Admin Thread: Weres of Eire

Seeing no overt disapproval of my stated theme, I've decided to go ahead and open signups for WW: Weres of Eire.

Post here if you'd like to sign up. There will be special roles in this game, as well as plain innocents. I'm looking for roughly sixteen or so players, but I can go higher if needed.

- Votes are retractable once per day.
- The person with the majority of votes on them at the end of the day will be executed.
- If there is a tie, all players with the same amount of votes on them will be executed. (I suggest you try not to let a triple-innocent-lynch happen again. )
- As to roles... I guess you'll just have to wait and see. All I'll say for now is that innocents won't be completely defenseless.

(I hope you don't mind the shortened version of my signup list, but those accents stump me. )

1. Lommy
2. Nogrod
3. Menel
4. Isabellkya
5. Rikae
6. Brinniel
7. Kath
8. Durelin
9. Eomer-Cailin
10. Espiem

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 09-01-2007 at 02:19 AM.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:16 AM   #2
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Eye

Sign me in, please. My summer pause has been too long. *sharpens claws*
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm joining in as well... It's a high time to stick into a game of werewolf once again.

I might try something different this time - in relation to my style of playing - but we'll see.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:48 PM   #4
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm signing up too. Of course, I'm probably just going to get lynched on Day 1 again, but still...
Old 08-15-2007, 03:35 AM   #5
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
What are the rules going to be like? Retractable votes? Double lynchings? Will we know anything about the roles? Any specialities we will be aware of?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i would love to do this game, but with my game coming up right after i must get in the mindset for that so i will not be in this game... but i hope everyone will join mine after Shastas is complete
Old 08-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I shall sign up; under penalty of death. :P
Old 08-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #8
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I think I'll sign up as well. Only extremely distracting circumstances can keep me out of a WW game, and a new semester starting doesn't count as such.

Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:02 PM   #9
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Wow, five signups already and all of them legends in their own right.

This game's going to be epic, I can feel it!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #10
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'd really like to play...and with this particular title, I almost feel destined to. But with my sister's wedding only a week away, I'm going to be very busy...and if the game starts soon, there's no way I can join.

You can go ahead and put me down with a question mark, if you like. If signups are slow, I can play as long as the game doesn't start until the 26th or 27th. That doesn't seem very likely, but with eleven players still needed, there's always a chance...
Old 08-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #11
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Will do, Brinniel, and my thanks.

We still need more people!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #12
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm blaming Lommy for this ....

... I'm in. What style of game is this? Simple or hidden surprises?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:56 AM   #13
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up Good girl!

Yay! I'm so glad you're in.

The "crew" is looking quite promising.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #14
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I've been wanting to get into another WW game, but depending on the starting date I may not be able to join. Put me down as a maybe in this game.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:52 PM   #15
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh my... Kath is in... We're doomed...
Old 08-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #16
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Oh my... Kath is in... We're doomed...
Why do I sense that an early demise might be on the cards this game?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #17
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll play, though I probably won't be able to post too often and too much, sorry.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:13 PM   #18
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Woo! Only need a few more now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
What style of game is this? Simple or hidden surprises?
*cough*
Old 08-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #19
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Kath, you should have at least until Day One is over before feeling nervous, as I'm pretty much Mr. Cannonfodder around here these days.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:18 PM   #20
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Well stop looking so suspicious. But seriously don't worry about it. My first, ooh four or five games I was just cannon fodder every time (bar one notable exception). You'll break out the pattern soon I'm sure.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:50 PM   #21
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Yar, how I wished to play again, but school's starting soon and with it work and band. So I must pull my name from the list.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:45 PM   #22
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I'm sorry to hear that, Kitanna.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #23
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, the wedding's all over so I can play for now. But we better recruit people and get started fairly soon...if we don't start by this time next week, I'll have to back out again. I move back to Boston on the 7th and college move-ins can always be a bit busy...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:48 AM   #24
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
But we better recruit people and get started fairly soon...
I agree. Shasta, maybe you should pm invitations to people you know or like playing with?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #25
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Can Cailín and I sign up as one player? It will be revolutionary (also we'd not have to fight each other to discover any potentially furry secret). We'd use only one profile, unless you wanted things to get complicated.

We suppose Nilp played with split personalities, but that's slightly different.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 08-28-2007 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Wargs made us do it
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:30 PM   #26
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

That would be fine, Eomer, and I'll take the question mark off you, Brinn. I'll see what I can do about recruiting... the lack of interest is making me cry
Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #27
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
see i am still tempted to join, but i can't guarantee alot of involvement mainly because of my work has me away 5 hours a day so i would really only have like 4-5 hours of time that i could come on... don't worry i can still be a mod but as a player i am definately going to be rather absent
Old 08-31-2007, 12:16 PM   #28
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

All right.

Seeing as how no one's going to sign up, and one of my players will have to leave if I don't get the game started soonish, I've decided, barring any last minute signups, to start this game on Saturday, September 1st, about 7:00 PM CST. I'm not sure what that is in GMT, but I will be starting it. Get your signups in now if you want a role!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:29 PM   #29
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

CST is GMT -6.

So it's 1 am GMT and 4am for me and Noggie. Alright.

Oh, it feels like I had forgotten how to play this game... Let's hope not... *sharpens claws*
Old 08-31-2007, 12:54 PM   #30
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Gah! I'm leaving for a trip on Saturday and won't be back until Monday. I didn't mention this earlier because I thought we were still going to wait for more people.

If it does start then, I'll miss Night 1, Day 1, and part of Night 2. I suppose I could get by alright, though.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:57 PM   #31
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well, you're only going to be missing Day1 so surely that shouldn't be a big problem... And seeing your siggy that might be just okay for you...
Old 08-31-2007, 02:11 PM   #32
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Tomorrow? Sounds good...I don't think I would be able to start any later. Considering our small amount of players I'm guessing this game won't be a long one...which is fine by me considering my schedule. But just in case, I will warn everyone that I'll be gone on the 7th and most likely the 8th. And I can't promise a lot of activity from me on the 6th and 9th, though I will be around. Once again...college move-ins are stressful...

But what am I saying? With my luck, I should be dead by Day 2 anyways.

Shasta, have you PMed any members? That usually seems to get at least one or two additional players...

Btw, are we starting with a Day or Night phase?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:25 PM   #33
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, it's possible there may be an Internet connection where I'm going, but don't count on it.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #34
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Hmm, my preference these days is for smaller games, so I'd like to sign up if it's not too late.

If my calculations are correct, we'll be starting at 2pm BST Saturday. Shasta, when are you sending the roles out and are we starting with a Day or Night phase?

Are we having roles? If so, I shall be an itinerant tarot card reader.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:46 PM   #35
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Go, go, go, go, go...
Old 09-01-2007, 02:19 AM   #36
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Glad to have you, SPM. ^^

I'll be sending the roles out an hour or two before the game starts, to give people a chance to familiarize themselves with their roles. Say 5:00 PM.

The game will start with a Day phase, Day 1.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #37
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Maybe roles should be limited, seeing as it is a small game. Small is good for us: it goes by quicker but it gives a better chance for all players to interact with each other.

Our character shall be a warrior of Finn, the famous Irish hero, who happens to have a personality disorder. Cue hilarity.

Looking forward to the game!
Old 09-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #38
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
The game will start with a Day phase, Day 1.
Curses! And I was hoping for a Night phase. But that's okay...you guys will just have to look for a very early vote from me (like five hours early), and I'll have to pray I don't get mauled for it.

Stupid work schedule...
Old 09-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #39
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So, are all days only 23 1/2 hours, or...? Yes, I know Shasta is unfortunately absent right now.

Ah well.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:45 PM   #40
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

You weren't very clear about the time, but whatever.