Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2005, 02:44 PM   #121
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tolkien Revisions and edits needed...

Himaran:
Quote:
When Melkor discovered his disloyalty, Abâranâ was forced to flee
Please change Melkor to Sauron.

Quote:
Among the wrights of the Edain were weaponsmiths, and they had with the teaching of the Noldor acquired great skill in the forging of swords, of axe-blades, and of spearheads and knives. Swords the Guild of Weaponsmiths still made, for the preservation of the craft, though most of their labour was spent on the fashioning of tools for the uses of peace. The King and most of the great chieftains possessed swords as heirlooms of their fathers; and at times they would still give a sword as a gift to their heirs. A new sword was made for the King's Heir to be given to him on the day on which his title was conferred. But no man wore a sword in Numenor, and for long years few indeed were the weapons of warlike intent that were made in the land. Axes and spears and bows they had, and shooting with bows was a chief sport and pastime of the Numenoreans. In later days, in the wars upon Middle-earth, it was the bows of the Numenoreans that were most greatly feared. "The Men of the Sea", it was said, 'send before them a great cloud, as a rain turned to serpents, or a black hail tipped with steel'; and in those days the great cohorts of the King's Archers used bows made of hollow steel, with black-feathered arrows a full ell long from point to notch.
- from Unfinished Tales, "A Description of Numenor"

Menelmacar:
Quote:
As the other two drew their swords,
Quote:
WEAPONS: A long sword forged by master smiths,

Himaran:
Quote:
Abârzadan carries a long, double-bladed broadsword; his father's weapon of choice. Considering range warfare to be cowardly, he carries no bow or throwing knife.
Quote:
scarred from hours of sword-practice with his late father
Please change these to acceptable Numenorean weapons. Besides, Himaran, to consider range warfare to be cowardly is completely out of character for a Numenorean.

Himaran:
Quote:
But was there such a among the rabble of the Faithful?
I assume this is an example of Abârzadan's personal prejudice against the Faithful? If so, it'll make for interesting conflict as we move into the story. Could be fun.

In answer to Regin's question, I suggest Marsillion.

Sophia, thanks for the helpful map! The approximate path you've oulined for Abarpa and Kathaani is much too far south, in my humble estimation. Since so much of Numenor is so well-known, down to the last petal of the last flower, they knew they had to go far out of their way with the horses, so my thought was that they had hugged the southern slopes of the hills in Forostar, resulting in Abar's capture about 50 miles to the north and east of where you indicate it.... in other words, much closer to the northeastern "sound", as it were.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 02-13-2005 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:13 PM   #122
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
White Tree

littlemanpoet- I meant that as the approximate path for the rescue party, as I thought that they would favor haste over secrecy if need be. I didn't put Kathaani and Abarpanaru's approximate path on the map, since all the traveling that would be done on it had been done already. However, I'm willing to adjust the path if the general feeling among the rescuers is that secrecy is more or equally as important as haste. The X marking Abar's capture I wasn't sure where to place, it was intended to be approximate as well. In the first post we mentioned it as near where Forrostar and Orrostar came together, we can easily imagine it closer to the coast if need be.

Thanks for your helpful corrections as well. I'm inclined to agree with all of them.

TB12- are you willing to be the one who meets Regin's character on the coastline? If not, as I know you were thinking about riding straight out toward Kathaani, perhaps

samsmyhero's character would be an appropriate one to send? A trusted member of the household would be likely to show up there.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!

Last edited by Sophia the Thunder Mistress; 02-13-2005 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Add some things
Old 02-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #123
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
My bio

Let me know if it needs editing.

~*~

POSTED TO PROPOSAL LET ME KNOW IF YOU EDIT IT ~*~ PIO

Name: Balaknaru Sakîlbel/Cirion Falassil

Race: Númenórean Men

Weapons: Instead of passing swords to heirs, which is almost useless in the maritime profession, the House of Sakîlbel passed on great bows of standard Númenórean make, used only for hunting during the times before the coming of the Shadow. Balaknaru has one such bow, and a quiver full of ell-long hollow steel arrows.

Appearance: Balaknaru is a ranga and a half tall, with shoulder-length black hair and sea-grey eyes with a fell glint in them. He appears ever gloomy, and indeed his heart is tarnished by his cruel deeds while in the service of the King.

Personality: As a ship captain, he is proud and masterful, ever confident of his skills. He shows respect to his men, and in whatever ship he sent to command, all loved him. But none really knew his innermost thoughts.

When he went over to the Faithful, he saw no more need to hide his thoughts. Thus, of late he is quick to anger, and ever sullen. A shadow is on his heart, secretly wishing that he be taken away from Númenor for ever, so he could forget the evil he had done and start afresh.

History: The House of Falassil, which began when Almiel, the younger sister of the Great Captain Tar-Aldarion, was married to Ciryamo, a mariner and a distant kin of Vëantur, has a proud history. Every generation boasts of great ship captains, and many of them became admirals of the King’s Ships. Ciryatur, admiral of the great fleet Tar-Minastir sent to the aid of Gil-galad, was of the Falassil.

The House of Sakîlbel, as it was now known, were ever faithful King’s Men, and Balakanû, father of Balaknaru, was no exception. But he was married to Inzilphel of the Karíbzîr, who was one of the Faithful, and she instructed her son in the teachings of the Elf-friends. Thus, Balaknaru grew up to be one of the Elendili, although he kept it secret.

When he was in his twenties, his father brought him to a small ship, and they went sailing around Númenor. Immediately Balaknaru fell in love with the Sea. He forgets all else when he sails far from the shores, captured by the grace of the snow-peaked waves and the gentle swaying of the ship. It was for this love that he took no wife.

He was aghast when the king brought Sauron to Númenor, and even more so when he rose to become the King’s closest counsellor. Being a great captain of ships, he was given command of one sent to kidnap natives for the sacrifice to Melkor. Every man he takes aboard seems another dagger in his heart. Thus his love for the Sea was darkened by the memory of the coasts of Middle-earth.

When he heard of the plans to assault Aman, he left the King’s service, feigning the approach of old age, and went to Romenna to meet Elendil.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-14-2005 at 02:40 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:58 PM   #124
Scent of Simbelmynë

Nice bio, Nilp. Happy to have you in the game, and as one of the Karibzir (more or less).

Now all we're waiting for is a few adjustments, sam's post and alak's bio.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 02-15-2005, 07:43 AM   #125
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Bio Edited.

Pio: could you move my new bio? Thanks!

--Himaran

---------------------------------

DONE --- PIO

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-15-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:56 PM   #126
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Pio: I filled in the blanks with samsmyhero's character Tiru, who is my contact. Could you edit it please. Thanks.

It looks to be a good game.

- Regin

------------------------

EDIT DONE ~*~ PIO

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-15-2005 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:27 PM   #127
samsmyhero
Pile O'Bones

samsmyhero has just left Hobbiton.
First Post

Here is my proposed first post. Any and all comments, suggestions and ideas are more than welcome.

Sam

POSTED TO THE PROPOSAL - I USED EIGHT FOR THE #OF DAYS - LET ME KNOW IF YOU EDIT ~*~ PIO

2nd placement - 2/18

Tiru hummed softly as he came out of the stall. He had changed the old bedding for new and refilled the manger with fresh hay. The water trough outside the stable was full of water pulled from the well. All was taken care of. Not that there was any sense of urgency. His master and the little mistress were not due back for some days. Tiru closed his eyes for a brief moment, silently offering a prayer for the success of their venture. He smiled at his own absurdity; he didn't even believe in the gods, although his master had spent many hours instructing him. Well, he shrugged his shoulders, it couldn't hurt.

So much was riding on their journey, though. The very existence of the Kariborim was at stake. If Abârpânaru was not successful in getting the horses to Rómenna, if they missed the sailing for the east . . . No! Tiru shook his head vigorously. He would not even think such thoughts! Besides, there was still much to do before leaving for the harbor to meet Captain Azarmanô, who was arriving from Rómenna with supplies and news from Elendil. It was being said that the time for the departure for the east was coming upon them quickly.

Tiru stroked his beard thoughtfully. Even if his beloved six came safely to the ships, there were many others who would not be going. Tiru worried about these others, the Karibi. He knew there was no room for them on the ships. It was fortunate enough that his master and mistress had been able to secure a place for him, being only their servant. Still, the thought of leaving the Karibi almost broke his heart. He had already lost one family; and, now, to lose this one . . .

The horsemaster's thoughts were interrupted by the, as yet, distant sound of thundering hoofs. This sound was one so familiar to him that it was like unto his own heart beat. "The Kariborim!" he gasped. "What . . . how?" Tiru wasted no time, but flew himself, as fast as his legs could carry him, across the stable yard and down the broad path that led to the road. Even as the swirl of dust accompanying them grew larger, he could make out Kâthaanî, the little mistress, and Marsillion, her cousin, with five of the six steeds which had left Andunië eight days ago. But he could tell at a glance that his master, Abârpânaru, and the mare Lômi, were not with them.

Tiru's heart raced and his mind seethed. Disaster! Some sort of catastrophe had befallen his master and now . . . and now, what? He must calm himself and be prepared; the mistress and her daughter would surely need him, and he, at least, was reliable, unlike those so called gods!

Within moments, the two cousins had drawn up to him. Dirt and sweat covered Kâthaanî's face and her hair looked as if she had been in a high wind off the ocean. Marsillion looked shocked and angry. Breathlessly, Kâthaanî leaned over Nitirú's neck and in a rush, told Tiru what had occurred on the unlucky journey to Rómenna. Tiru's face belied little of the anguish that churned in his stomach. Captured by the King's Men! The very worst that could have happened! Poor Lômi! She would be so upset and unhappy if strangers were to take her. And the master too, of course.

"What must we do, little mistress?" Tiru gasped, as Kâthaanî stopped to take a breath.

"This was the day appointed for Azarmanô's arrival was it not?" She rushed on, not waiting for a reply. "You must go to the harbor and meet him there as planned. But tell him of my father's plight. Ask Azarmanô to render what assistance he can – I'm sure we will need every man available to rescue him. Hurry back!" With that she and Marsillion were urging the horses forward once again, racing, Tiru was sure, to her mother, to let her know the grim tidings and alert the other Annanost.

Tiru ran back to the stables and quickly saddled up the grey mare he had waiting, already anticipating the trip to the harbor. Hoping that Azarmanô would be at the harbor, which, with sea voyages, arrivals were always an uncertainty, he went into the field beyond and caught up another mount for the Captain. He saddled her too, and was off down the road, just as Kâthaanî was at her mother's side, relating her sad news. With a brief moment of regret that he could not tend to the needs of the five Kariborim which had returned, Tiru focused on his task and set off for the harbor at a break neck speed.

Sophia/LMP: how many days do you think Kath and Abar would have been gone by this time?

Are you listening, George W. ?

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-18-2005 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:43 AM   #128
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree

Sam

I thought I pmed you about this? Huh, I know I figured it out, but I must not actually have sent it. From Andunie to Armenelos is 300 miles. We're farther away than that when Abar is captured, say 350 miles. Gandal and Pippin made a 300 mile trip in 3 days on Shadowfax. So I think round trip, a distance of 700 miles could be done in 7 days. They were in great haste in both directions and riding the Kariborim.

So have Kathaani return either on the evening of the seventh day or the morning of the eighth.

LMP- sound good?

Sophia
Old 02-17-2005, 07:28 AM   #129
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Meet Monôizindu...

I apologize for taking a while to bring this together, but Sophia assures me that you aren't waiting *only* for me. I'm putting a big research project together, and getting all of the finishing touches together is turning out to be quite trying.

I am currently working on the bio, but I need a bit of advice, or idea help. Monôizindu (spirit of truth) resides in Armenelos, and will be the one the recuers ask for aid. What I was thinking is that possibly there is a close bond between Abârpânarú and him. There are reasons that I shall not disclose now that he needs a personal, or sentimental, reason to want to help rescue the prisoner. It needs to be more than just he is another faithful (which I'm sure he would possibly help anyway, but I need deeper). At first, I had considered the horses...but I believe Abar's house is the only remaining house in Numenor to have them. Maybe there is some sort of childhood link? Do you think they had educational systems with their level of advancement?

I need some help, folks. I would appreciate any ideas you have, especially lmp. I will have the rest of it up in the next day or so.

Thanks for your patience,

~Alak
Old 02-17-2005, 10:15 PM   #130
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree From LMP:

I've just been in touch with littlemanpoet, who is away for the weekend and is also having some trouble with his computer at home, and to make matters still worse, he can't remember his BD password. He said he will try to make it on as much as possible on his work computer this week, and hopefully will have the rest of the issues straightened out by the end of the week.

Alak- he wonders whether Abar and Monoi may have known each other through the military? If Abar had saved Mono's life in the past, it might be an incentive for Mono to want to help Abar now...

Sam- he apologizes for Falowik's failure to move or speak in the Green Dragon , and will catch you up there ASAP.

*whew* Message delivered.

~Sophia
Old 02-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #131
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree Sam

Minor quibbles:

You've misspelled Romenna here:
Quote:
Besides, there was still much to do before the evening meal; he would soon leave for the harbor to meet Captain Azarmano, who was arriving from Rommena with supplies and news from Elendil. It was being said that the time for the departure for the east was coming upon them quickly.
Also, can you go back through and insert the accents in the names? There's a guide to doing them linked on the first page of this thread, or you can copy/paste from other posts. Thanks.

Posting for LMP:

You've mentioned Tiru's concern that Lomi would be "confused and unhappy if strangers were to take her." Lomi wouldn't be confused about being taken captive. The Kariborim are very intelligent and understand the speech of men, so she would know more or less what was going on and she knowingly chose to stay with Abarpanaru. It's fine if it's Tiru's concern for her... but in case it comes up later, she does understand what's going on.

Thanks.

Sophia (and LMP)
Old 02-18-2005, 06:56 PM   #132
samsmyhero
Pile O'Bones

samsmyhero has just left Hobbiton.
Pio - I did edit my post to reflect the changes requested by Sophia EDITED POST PLACED 2/18 ~*~ PIO

Sophia - I think I got all the accents in the right places and on the right words If you see any I missed, let me know

LMP - I changed "confused" to "upset". Hope that sounds a bit better. I have to remember that I'm dealing with horses smarter than me

Are you listening, George W. ?

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-18-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:33 PM   #133
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

A few things regarding the use of swords in my post:

A: I never mentioned that my character had the sword on him during my post, and even if he did have it with him, an outlaw would usually carry a more effective weapon than the average person for the sake of defense.

B: The king's henchmen would probably be better-armed than your average Numenorean, so they would likely have things like swords.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:53 PM   #134
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree Executive decision

Quote:
But no man wore a sword in Numenor
Since your character is a man of Numenor, he's not going to be wearing a sword.

He can have one in posession . But he will not wear it openly (Marsillion has one in posession, but he's not wearing it). Please please edit this. Likewise for the King's Men, they might have battleaxes or spears?

Thank you.

Sophia
Old 02-22-2005, 06:31 PM   #135
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree Proposal Changes

For Post #2

TRANSFERRED TO PROPOSAL - PIO --- 2/23

Historical Information: During the reign of King Ar-Pharazôn, the Númenorean army sailed for Middle-Earth with the intent of overthrowing Sauron. However, because Saruon surrendered peacefully to Ar-Pharazôn he was not destroyed but instead brought back to Númenor as a prisoner. Through his considerable guile and flattery, Sauron worked his way into Ar-Pharazôn’s trust until he achieved nearly godlike status in Númenor.

After the commissioning of a temple in Armenelos Sauron’s cult worship is at its height. He has convinced not only Ar-Pharazôn but also many of the general population that the Ban of the Valar (the decree forbidding men to sail to Aman) was designed to hold them back.

The climate in Númenor has becoming increasingly hostile to the Elves and the Valar. The use of any language but Adûnaic has been banned. The King’s Men, who side with Ar-Pharazôn in opposing the Valar are based in Armenelos (Arminalêth in Adûnaic), while the Faithful who remain allied with the elves rally around the Lords of Andunië. They have been removed from Andunië and sent to Rómenna where the King’s Men can more easily watch them and occasionally capture and sacrifice them in the temple of Sauron.

The previous Lord of Andunië , Amandil, and his son Elendil, sensed the impending doom of Númenor. Amandil set sail secretly to beg the mercy of the Valar. He has not been seen or heard of since. The new Lord of Andunië, Elendil, has prepared ships on which the Faithful will make their escape should the wrath of the Valar be unleashed against Númenor.

Recently Ar-Pharazôn took a large fleet of ships and sailed toward Valinor, determined to become the first mortal to set foot on the Undying Lands since Eärendil. He will land any day. Númenor’s decline is nearly over; Westernesse is shortly to be destroyed.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-23-2005 at 03:00 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:32 PM   #136
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree For Post #3

TRANSFERRED TO PROPOSAL - PIO --- 2/23

Basic Storyline:
While making a trip to Rómenna, an important underground leader of the Faithful, Abârpânaru Karíbzîr, is arrested by agents of the King’s Men scant days before they’re supposed to board one of Elendil’s ships. When the few remaining Faithful at Andunië (who go by the name of the Anannost, the “House of Many Years”) receive word of his capture, his daughter, Kâthaanî is determined to rescue him from jail against his explicit instructions. A small rescue party mounted on Númenor’s swiftest horses is sent. Meanwhile the remaining People of the Anannost must travel from Andunië to Rómenna to board the ships. The Rescuers must save Abârpânaru and get back to the ships at Rómenna, before the Faithful sail without them.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-23-2005 at 03:01 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:34 PM   #137
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree For Post #4

POST PLACED ON PROPOSAL - PIO --- 2/23

The purpose of the story is:
To find and rescue Abârpânaru, to escort the Anannost safely to Elendil’s ship, to escape the Akallabêth.

This means we will know the story is over when: The Anannost are safe and Númenor is drowned.

Starting Location:
Andunië

Likely Destination:
The Great Ocean, post-wave.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-23-2005 at 03:03 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:35 PM   #138
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree For Post #5

POST PLACED ON PROPOSAL - PIO --- 2/23

Timeframes:

This game takes place in the autumn of the year 3319 SA

The storyline itself or plot covers approximately 6 weeks.

This game requires a time commitment of 12 weeks from the moderator, game owner, and major players.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-23-2005 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:42 PM   #139
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree For Post #16 & #17

Post #16

We'll be ending in late October, not early october, as originally hoped. Sindarin for Sept. is Ivanneth, for Oct. is Narbeleth. THIS IS POSTED - PIO 2/23

We will have seven, not six, Kariborim with us. ??? WHERE IS THIS SUPPOSED TO GO ???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLACED ON PROPOSAL - PIO -- 2/23

Post #17

First stage of the game-
consternation of Anannost, gathering rescue party, departure. Main body of Anannost depart for Rómenna, rescue party departs for Armenelos. **2 weeks real-time, less than a day game time.

Second stage of the game-
glossed over journey **4 days game-time, 300 miles. Arrival in Armenelos, rescue of prisoner. Hopefully at least one character will die here. **6 weeks real-time. Approx two weeks spent in Armenelos game-time.

Third stage of the game-
escape from Armenelos (1 week real-time, less than a day game-time), rejoin main body of Anannost outside Rómenna **1 day, 45-50 miles, game time, Arrival at Rómenna next day game-time, escape on ships **3 weeks real time, less than a day game-time.

Epilogue:
Faithful on the ship, approaching Middle Earth.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-23-2005 at 03:16 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:46 PM   #140
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree What we still need:

Meneltarmacil's edits.

Alaklondewen's bio.

Fea's bio and if possible, first post.

I think if we can get to this in the next couple of days we should be all ready to go.

I'm pretty excited to get started.

Pio - my apologies for the double, triple, and quintuple posting. I wanted to make sure the edits went up somewhere that they would be seen and noticed by the gamers, and if I tried to put them all in one post it got quite confusing.

~Sophia
Old 02-22-2005, 07:23 PM   #141
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
White Tree Bio updated

Pio, my bio (Post #62) is updated now. Thanks!

PLACED ON PROPOSAL 2/23 - PIO

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-23-2005 at 03:26 AM.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:28 AM   #142
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sophia

Please see post #140 - where was that info about the Kariborim supposed to be edited in?

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-24-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:09 AM   #143
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Hey all. Since this is my first game, I'm going to try really hard not to screw anything up royally. I'll be taking on the part of LMP's wife Inzillomi, and here's my bio. If it needs tweaking (which it probably does), just say the word, but I think I got the details right.

--------------------------------------

POSTED TO PROPOSAL - LET ME KNOW IF YOU EDIT IT ~*~ PIO

NAME: Inzillomí Elendili - Flower of the Night; Mórelóte - Dark Flower

RACE: Numenorean

WEAPONS: Carries no visable weapons, such being labeled highly "inappropriate" for a lady, and knowing that a show of arms tends to complicate matters. However, being in a dangerous position, Inzillomí has taken to wearing a wide sash rather than a belt, in which she has tucked two small throwing knives and a highly visable but not particularly ornamental fan with razor tips. The fan's silk is black with pale lotus blossoms; a gift from her father, Elendil. She is highly competent with a staff, can hit the target nine times of ten with a long bow, although she rarely actually uses them. Moving silently in the shadows, an enemy is most likely to never know she was there until it's too late. However, Inzillomí prefers not to kill anyone, so she tends to leave her enemies unconscious and tied up in the woods somewhere. Due to a small vial of pale blue liquid that she carries in her ever convenient sash, these would be attackers rarely remember they were actually attacked by a woman, putting the experience down to bandits.

APPEARANCE: Much like a panther, Inzillomí is dark and mysterious. She is long-limbed and slender, but muscular from years of riding and secret arms training in preparation of the day she and her kin would have to fight for their beliefs. Her skin is pale, her grey eyes set off by her shock of black hair that falls in soft waves to her waist. Full crimson lips quick to smile. Soft arms quick to pull you into a comforting hug. Being more comfortable in men's clothing, Inzillomí still understands the importance of looking "proper" by other people's standards and compromises by wearing gowns with fitted bodices, but flared skirts for easy riding. Being less than fond of the high-class style of covering ones legs, but showing a large expanse of one's bosum, Inzillomi has her gowns made with a simple but high neck. Inzillomi is ever the proper lady, at least when people are watching.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Shares her husband's (Abârpânarú Karíbzîr) love for horses. Adores her husband, loves her daughter. Loves Marsillion as a son and Ziraphel as a sister. She's the type of woman that anyone can go to for anything, and she can solve most problems with no honor lost on any side. She is a rather typical "housekeeper" sort, preferring to do household work herself, but when the hired help complains that they'll soon be out of a job, she meekly retreats to the sidelines. Inzillomí is not the type to sit by and watch others do the work, preferring to do anything she is capable of, which is much. Although Inzillomí tends to be right (and stemming from that, strong-minded), if her husband or her father inform her that she's not, she immediately steps down. Her strengths are mostly her people skills and her strategic mind, but her weaknesses are her love for her family, her horses, and anyone under her watch. She refuses to "sacrifice one for the good of the many", believing that the "many" is nothing without each individual "one". Not remarkably fond of ships.

HISTORY: The oft forgotten sister of Isildur and Anárion, Inzillomí had a happy and innocent childhood. Named Flower of the Night for her brilliantly black hair, she was fondly called Mórelóte (Quenya for Dark Flower) by her father Elendil. Growing up in a Faithful household, Inzi knew little else until she was full grown, her father having refrained from informing her. As the only daughter of Elendil, Inzillomí is fluent in Sindarin, with a firm grasp of Quenya. One afternoon while Inzillomí was out riding, a heavy fog rolled in leaving her lost and somewhat nervous. Stumbling, she fell and hurt her ankle. Her horse bolted. Drawn by her cries, Abârpânarú Karíbzîr, riding one of his precious kariborim, came to her aid. Falling in love, they married in 3279. As a young couple, the two lived in a large house just outside of Andunië. Raising the former slave, Tiru, Inzillomí and Abârpânarú taught him their beliefs and came to think of him as part of the family. In 3287, a daughter, Kâthâani, was born.

Drawing on her own upbringing and her husband's beliefs, the two taught their beloved Cerveth the old values and passed on their love and trust of the Valar. Inzillomí and Abârpânarú made a point to never discuss their prominence amongst the hidden Faithful with their daughter until she became of an age to understand. In the early 3300s the small household relocated to a smaller home further outside the city where they soon became an important contact point for the Faithful still braving the West. Abârpânarú's sister Ziraphel lived with the family and in 3317 her son Marsillion came to stay. As political tensions heated, Inzillomí urged her husband to send those members of the household who would not be missed by the King's Men east. With word from Elendil expected any day, apprehension rose in the house of Karíbzîr.

-----------------------------

Explanation: I know it's not canon for Elendil to have a daughter, but given that she was Elendili when I got her and there isn't enough an age gap for her to be anything else, she's become Isildur's little sister. This also would add an extra bit of why Elendil refuses to sail without this group: his daughter and her family are part of it.

Fea

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 02-23-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:57 AM   #144
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

White Tree

I finally have my password memorized. No more reading now and posting later after I forgot half the stuff I was going to say.

Feanor of the Peredhil, I love your post. Abarpâ will have be dreaming fondly of his wife while he is in prison.

Sophia and I have already discussed, and like the idea of Inzillomi as daughter of Elendil; though not strictly canonical, it's not such a stretch. Wasn't it in the writing of LotR that Tolkien discovered Galadriel and had to rewrite the Sil? Well, I doubt he's rolling over in his grave over this.

One point to quibble over: The Elendili, as members of the Faithful, would be more likely to embrace female inheritance than the King's Men. It was Ar Pharazon who usurped his wife's rightful title as Queen by forcibly marrying her. So that's the only thing I can think of that needs to be revised in your post. - LMP
Old 02-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #145
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Silmaril

LMP: Inzillomi's inheritance I contested myself, but I'd left it there under the thought process that it explains part of why she and Kath made Abar promise to pass everything on to his daughter, it also explains partially why Inzi's "forgotten" by Tolkien when Elendil gave his sons kingdoms in Middle Earth, and I figured that Elendil didn't do it maliciously, but just kind of figured that his daughter was already married to a nice successful guy and that she didn't need the inheritance. However it does make Elendil seem like a bit of a jerk, so shall I just leave that comment out of her history?

Fea
Old 02-23-2005, 02:07 PM   #146
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Pipe

Why don't we just say that this is a piece of the history of the Faithful that has recently been unearthed, and that Elendil actually did give Inzillomi the inheritance she had coming? Which might explain why Isildur had so little to do with the sea coasts of Eriador.....
Old 02-23-2005, 02:39 PM   #147
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Pio, I edited my bio a little.

Edit placed ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-23-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:01 PM   #148
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

A question:

Is Inzillomi really only a 'Cameo' character?

Or will she be in the entire game?

When does she make her appearance?
Old 02-23-2005, 05:14 PM   #149
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree Inzillomi's role

She's going to be, I think, a minor character; rather than a major character or a cameo. She'll be in the beginning of the game, up until recently after the rescue party leaves Andunie. Her role will be to both commission us, and to tell of the departure of the rest of the Faithful families from Andunie.

She will possibly (to be decided when we see how it will work out practically) check in with a "elsewhere, thus and such is going on..." sort of post that will just show what's going on with the families. Doesn't look like any rescuers have any living parents among them, which is kind of unfortunate. But perhaps some of them have cousins? This checking in would be like, three times during the Armenelos phases of the game.

She will be at the end, from when the Rescuers reach Romenna through the Epilogue.

So it's more than a cameo. But less than a Rescuer. Does that make sense?

Fea- Wow, Inzillomi sounds like quite a tough girl! I was a little wowed when I saw it, but after reading the rest of her bio, I think it fits the rest of her personality. I imagine she's perceptive enough to know when to use her considerable weaponry skills and when to keep them to herself. I think we should get your first post now too, since you're in at the beginning.

Sophia
Old 02-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #150
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril she shoots... she scores

Wow. I scored a wow.

Quote:
"elsewhere, thus and such is going on..."
It makes me slightly sad that even though they own horses, I probably won't be allowed to use the term "mean while, back at the ranch". Would there be a set place/time for these hey-look-at-the-rest-of-us posts? I'll obviously be keeping tabs on everyone's posting, but it would be easier if I had a general idea of about when I should toss my own post.

Quote:
I imagine she's perceptive enough to know when to use her considerable weaponry skills and when to keep them to herself.
Indeed. And I'll get that post in soon... Not tonight (I've gotta run), but maybe tomorrow. If not, certainly Friday.

Fea
Old 02-23-2005, 07:59 PM   #151
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Since Fea is going to start the game - I do want a first post from her.

Have you PM'd Menel that he needs to get his edits done?

And when will alaklondewen have her bio on board?

There is still one player to pick up, correct - when the Discussion Thread opens? So, that will delay the start of the game until that is filled.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-23-2005 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:14 PM   #152
Scent of Simbelmynë

White Tree

Meneltarmacil could you clear your pms?

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:37 AM   #153
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quick question... did Abarpa plan on returning to Andunie after he brought the kariborim to Romenna? If the remaining Faithful knew that the King's Men were looking for him, they would also know how dangerous it would be for him to be travelling back and forth across Numenor.

Oh, one other thing: if the remaining Faithful didn't know that Elendil planned on sailing, than why was Abarpa bringing the kariborim East anyhow?

~F
Old 02-24-2005, 10:36 AM   #154
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Good questions. My thought was that Abarpa and Kathaani would stay unless there was another emergency, with the understanding that their friends and family back in Andunie would hasten by sea, since there is the ship coming for them. Although now it sounds like there may be a forced march! Hmmm.....?

I do believe that the remaining faithful knew that Elendil planned on sailing; otherwise the rationale for getting the kariborim to Romenna is missing. Is there some post that leads you to understand the opposite? Please let us know so that we can correct that!
Old 02-24-2005, 11:10 AM   #155
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
Azarmanô went down on the shore and waited for Tiru, the contact from the local Faithful who usually met him and took delivery of the supplies. Today Tiru did not look pleased. His face was wan and nervous and he was moving fast. Azarmanô called out in anticipation, “I have news for you. You must gather the others and tell them that the time has come for us to leave Númenor. Elendil gathers the fleet in the east for the Faithful to depart. We can wait no longer. Tell your neighbors to gather in this cove and I will take them to where Elendil’s ships are gathering in the eastern bay.”
Regin's post ^ made me think that they knew Elendil planned on sailing, but didn't really have a particular time set yet. But that's just my own misunderstanding, so no biggie. Here's my first post... feel free to critique:

----------------------------

POSTED TO PROPOSAL - PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU EDIT IT -- PIO

The rain poured from the black clouds like so many thousand tears. Lightening lit the tormented sky as another wave shifted the ground. Inzillomí Elendili moved quietly through the shadows of the awnings, coming in from the stables. From cosseting her black mare, Alya, the mistress of the house had been startled by the sound of pounding hoofbeats. Reaching the house before her unknown guests, Inzillomí went to her sitting room and settled quickly, picking up a piece of embroidery on her way. To a stranger, it would look as though she had been sewing quietly for some time. A fist pounded on the oaken doors, echoing through the large house. She rose gracefully, gliding delicately to the entry way. Meeting a maid in the hallway, she waved her off silently. Opening the heavy doors, she was faced with a full guard of the King's Men. Briefly she wondered where her own guards were, until she saw a flash of silver in the doorway of the stables. One man stepped forward.

"To what do I owe this honor?" Inzillomí asked cautiously. She knew this man; they had been childhood companions. These days, however, it did not pay to trust those you once knew. The uniformed man hesitated as streams of water ran down his cheeks. "Officer, it is raining and my floor is getting wet. Either state your business or come in for a cup of tea, but I will not tolerate the warping of a perfectly good door frame because of carelessness."

The officer nearly laughed, quickly hiding his smile with a well-timed cough. He had been sent to escort the out of favor families to Rómenna but he felt compassion for them. He had known Inzillomí for many years. "Inzi--" he caught himself. Standing up taller, his smile vanished. It was one thing to be compassionate, another to be soft. He had his orders. "Mistress Inzillomí, the King offers you the honor of relocating your family to Rómenna. You will please pack only what you can carry on one horse. You will please be ready in one hour. Your escort will be waiting outside your doors to ensure that you do not lose your way to the front garden."

Hiding her panic, Inzillomí smiled at her childhood friend. Snake! her mind screamed. "No." she replied calmly.

"You must excuse me, Mistress, but I thought I heard you say "no". You are please to be aware that you have no choice."

"I am and I do. I have business today that will not wait, as I am sure you will quite understand. You will have to return tomorrow when my family is all together and prepared. I will not leave without them, and I will not leave my belongings behind. May your day be as peace-filled as my own." With that, Inzillomí politely shut the door in the officers' faces.

Hoping her audacity would not serve to get them all killed, Inzillomí spared a fearful moment wondering at the whereabouts of her family. She peered out the window, seeing the King's Men clustered in a small group. Suddenly the men scattered, mounting up and set off down the road. Short-lived relief filled Inzillomí as the rain slowed. As quickly as the storm had begun, it was over. Within a short time, the sun shone brightly, drying the land. A brisque wind pulled crimson leaves from the trees and Inzillomí, tired and worried, walked alone through her garden admiring the last dark blossoms of the season. Azarmanô was due with tidings from Elendil any hour; Marsillion had gone to meet his cousin; Abârpânarú and Kâthaanî would not be returning. Inzillomí's family was scattered and she was left to lead the remaining Anannost to whatever end. It was her responisibility to get her people safely to the East. Suddenly, heavy hoof beats filled the air once more. Turning quickly on her heel, Inzillomí Elendili ran, skirts billowing in the wind, her hair streaming out behind her, hurrying to meet unexpected visitors for the second time in so many hours.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-24-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:27 PM   #156
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Question

Sophia

Please see post #140 - where was that info about the Kariborim supposed to be edited in?

~*~ Pio
Old 02-24-2005, 05:35 PM   #157
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

EDIT POSTED ~*~ PIO

-----

All swords have been removed from my post, and the level of violence has been toned down a great deal. Thoronmir does in fact possess a sword, but it's more of an "In case of emergency, break glass" item than anything else. If he does carry it on him, it's usually concealed.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-25-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:26 PM   #158
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry for the wait!

POSTED TO PROPOSAL - PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU EDIT IT ~*~ PIO

NAME: Monôizindu Igmizadan

RACE: Númenorian

WEAPONS: If Monôizindu is going to only be around his shop, he will carry a long dagger tucked beneath his clothes. Its blade is narrow and has a dulled silver hilt. He does not remember the last time it was used as a weapon, but it does come in handy as an everyday tool. When traveling to the outlying farms, he will carry the bow his father had made for each of his sons. It is of sturdy wood with golden stars engraved along the back.

APPEARANCE: Monôizindu has been a large man in his lifetime. He stands just slightly above the average height of a Númenorian man and still his frame is thick, but muscle that was built around his sturdy bones is now only a hint of its former stature. His face is long and is covered by a well-kept, short beard that shows a slight reddish tint that contrasts with his dark brunet hair. His blue eyes are clear and full of life as they overlook his slightly widened nose. A small scar can be seen across the bridge of his nose. Monôizindu’s face and arms are slightly tanned from the short time he spends out of doors each day, but over the last months his face has a pale appearance, despite the color.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Monôizindu has a strong sense of morality and a high standard by which he lives. He is outgoing and kind, so that he easily gains trust from others, whether warranted or not. This quality aids in his position of staying hidden among the people in Armenelos and being trusted by those in opposition of the goals and beliefs of the Faithful. His downfall could possibly be how easily he opens his heart to people. He is careful, in that he doesn’t let on who he really is, but he cares for those that he knows will be destroyed if the Valar lash out against Númenor.

HISTORY: The second of five sons that grew up on the family plantation, Monôizindu learned at an early age the value of hard work. Despite the focus on physical labor, Monôizindu’s father, Izindibatân, made a tremendous effort to educate his sons in the rich history of their country and that of the Eldar.

Once he came of the age to do so, Monôizindu attended military school where he learned the importance of discipline in life. Of all the lessons he learned, the clearest was how precious life is and how quickly one can lose it. It was an icy day and the young men were to take a small boat out on the river to perform a maneuver they had done many times. This time, however, something went terribly wrong and Monôizindu was sent over the edge of the boat into the freezing water. When he hit the water, he bashed his head on a large rock and went unconscious. Fortunately, one of the other students, a young man named Abârpânarú, jumped in the water after him and pulled him to safety. In the weeks that followed, Monôizindu became very ill as he had swallowed a lot of water, and Abârpânarú came and sat with him everyday. The two became close, and Monôizindu cherished the friendship into adulthood.

During his early adulthood, Monôizindu moved into Armenelos with his older brother, Adûntârik. The pair bought a run-down shop and, after a bit of remodeling, they shared a small business in the center of the city’s market. To remain among the few hidden Faithful in Armenelos, Monôizindu uses his charisma to befriend the people who readily come through his shop, and from them, he easily obtains infor

mation pertinent to the Faithful’s cause.

~*~*~
If it's too rough, let me know what I can fix. Thanks!

~Alak

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-25-2005 at 02:55 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:26 AM   #159
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

It looks like every thing is done.

Shall I open the discussion thread for the game? There is only one cameo character to pick up; that is, if you decide you still need that character.

---

SOPHIA:

You need to start looking at posts and decide what order you want them placed on the game.

Please do so by PLAYER name

~*~ Pio

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players/Characters

Main Characters
  • littlemanpoet - Abârpânarú Karíbzîr/Mabalar Melethroch (the captive)
  • Sophia the Thunder Mistress – Kâthaanî Karíbzîr/Cerveth (the captive’s daughter)
  • Feanor of the Peredhil - Inzillomí Elendili/Mórelóte (the captive’s wife)

• TomBrady12 – Nimilroth Narâkmanô/Marsillion Thoronfaer- rescuer
  • Himaran - Abârzadan Batânzâira/Turmeawa Mélatrevad – rescuer
  • Regin Hardhammer - Azarmanô Hazadbawîba/Elenfairë Ostovaivar – rescuer
  • Meneltarmacil – Sakaladûn/Thoronmir – rescuer
  • samsmyhero - Tiru (Azulan/Arkrision) – rescuer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameo Characters
  • alaklondewen - underground contact in Armenelos

• Nilpaurion Felagund - Sakîlbel/Cirion Falassil (sailor, Númenorean male)

~*~

• 1 sailor - Númenorean male (Elendil may be used but must be true to character. Will only appear at end of story while the Faithful attempt to leave the bay)
    ** PLAYER STILL NEEDED **
Old 02-25-2005, 10:10 AM   #160
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Great bio, Alak! One quibble and one speculation. First the quibble.

Quote:
he easily obtains information pertinent to the Faithful’s cause.
Such a task would never be easy. I'd say "skillfully" would really well. Like I said, it's a quibble.

Now for the speculation. I can imagine Abarpanaru saying something like, "Monôizindu gave his life for my freedom. I will not allow his sacrifice to be for naught." Not that a death must occur, but I just thought I'd bring up the possibility.