The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #41
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Okay.

Not voting for
Farael - Since they haven't played for a long time and haven't shown up.
Tar-Jêx - Day 1 newbie pass. But this bit stood out a little:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar-Jêx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
The writing style doesn't seem villainous to me, but I can't rule out that Tar could be a scheming evil prodigy.
Nothing wrong with acquiring a reputation for future games.
Is Tar really saying that they want to acquire a reputation as a scheming evil prodigy wolf? I can't quite believe that somebody would be a villain and actually say that. It's so much of a slip that I can't believe it could be true.

Kitanna made some useful posts and was talking a fair amount, and is also not here to defend herself. I'm in the dark about Agan and Lottie.

Could vote for:
Rikae or Sally on account of their absence/not wanting to vote for an active participant. Which is distasteful, but so is voting for somebody just because they've posted. Both are pretty bad.

McCaber: I don't really like the reasoning for his vote, but it's not as if most of the earlier voters had anything better. The thing that Agan pointed out could be a slip. He also seems to have left for the Day.

Shasta is always suspicious, but nothing so far pings me as unusually suspicious. His vote is pretty safe, one for someone who isn't here yet and has no other votes yet.

Votes so far are
Kitanna -> Tar (1)
Lottie -> Boro (1)
McCaber -> Agan (1)
Shasta -> Sally (1)

I could vote for someone else, thus spreading the vote out even more thinly. Could I learn anything from that? Maybe. Alternatively, I could choose one of these votes to second, and see what happens. Well, no time, got to pick. I think I will do the latter and up the ante. I realise I'm painting a big target on my back.

++Agan.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:00 AM   #42
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tar-Jêx has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
McC basically says "Agan could be a gifted so I'm voting for her".
McCaber was implying that those who are talking are more likely to be wolves or gifted, which seems very logical. Your neglect to mention that he suspects you of being a wolf leads me to a conclusion that not more than one of you could be a wolf.

Reading back over today, Boro seems to be following the character guideline of Nimrodel, and is likely to be a lover, not a threat.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Shasta that we could lynch someone who isn't talking. I have my suspicions of all of you so far, but it is likely that someone who is a wolf hasn't posted yet. Of course, Shasta could be voting for Sally to get an easy kill, as she has done literally nothing so far.

However, it doesn't feel right to off someone who has done nothing to contribute, nor detract. Aganzir seems like a bit of a wildcard, like she could be anyone.

++Aganzir

I make this decision not out of spite for Aganzir. I'm obviously interested in my own survival, and it would be better insurance for myself to vote for someone who already has a vote on their head. Boro has not done enough to arouse any suspicion, and Sally has not said a word. Voting for those two seems unfair, as does Aganzir, but to ensure that they actually get to take part, I must regretfully put my vote towards the other suspected elf.

Last edited by Tar-Jêx; 12-13-2014 at 06:00 AM. Reason: fail syntax
Tar-Jêx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:07 AM   #43
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay I'm now clothed and fed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I don't trust anyone who regarded Nerwen as a friend. There's something not right with that sorceress in the woods...getting inside your head and all too!
Excuse me, which sorceress are we talking about again?

I think Kit's vote looks alright even if it's unlikely a first-timer is lynched on day 1. If I had had to vote when she did, I would probably have done something similar. In any case, her vote points against the two being wolves together because no matter how slight the chance, I don't think a wolf would have risked it.

Jêx seems to be getting the hang of this game quickly, although I'd like to see more of his own contributions rather than just reactions and responses.

I think the lovers are on our side rather than independent, and not only because in my experience, independent lovers often have the ability to kill and we won't be seeing that in a village this small. The narration seemed to be clear about Amroth's duty to his people anyway.

Okay just to clarify - I wasn't actually drunk, more like happily tipsy in an impatient, chaotic kind of way. So you can hold me responsible for everything I said and did.

Quote:
However, since he is a ranger and a lover, it is more than likely that he will use his power to protect Nimrodel, rather than a villager.
Yeah this is why I wondered if he can protect her - a gifted who protects the same person every second night isn't much use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Well, the old stories hold Nimrodel to be of the Nandor, who stalked these woods long before the arrival of the Noldor and Sindar. She believes us to be invaders; that we are throwing off the natural order and that we have no place here. I am not sure if she has werewolf blood in her, but I would not think she has our best interests at heart.
This is actually a good point. It wouldn't be against the story for Nimrodel to side with the wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
We might be dealing with a duo of opposed alignments (which we've seen before, although I don't remember precisely what enabled them to win as Lovers rather than just innocent or wolf
Usually surviving till the end together.

Shasta's vote looks okay to me because I agree with his reasoning. And especially after last game I can hardly blame anyone who wants to kill sally. Well okay who am I kidding? I can never blame anyone who wants to kill sally because no matter her role, she's evil.

I'll rather vote for someone who hasn't done much talking because I can't stress enough what Shasta just said - when your vote is uninformed and random, it is counterproductive to kill off someone who's posting. McC is the only person who I actually have something against because the reason behind his vote for me is wrong on so many levels - voting for someone who contributes because "she's probably a wolf or a gifted". It's not necessarily wolfish but it could be a cobbler trying to catch the attention of his furry friends.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:08 AM   #44
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh my god stop this.

Hell.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:14 AM   #45
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Is there anyone around?
Old 12-13-2014, 06:18 AM   #46
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Kitanna -> Tar (1)
Lottie -> Boro (1)
McCaber -> Agan (1)
Shasta -> Sally (1)
Cop -> Agan (2)
Tar -> Agan (3)

Left to vote:
Sally
Farael
Rikae
Boro
Aganzir
Old 12-13-2014, 06:20 AM   #47
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tolkien

Quote:
Is there anyone around?
I'm still around. I'm also still your friend, even though I voted for your 'holiday' to 'Belize'.
If you want to, you could vote for yourself in good spirits. Smiling in the face of death is an admirable trait.
I find it unlikely that those who haven't posted yet will post before the deadline, but anything can happen. This Werewolf after all.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:20 AM   #48
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Here. *yawns*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:21 AM   #49
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Okay I really don't want to do this but bloody hell.

I'm Galadriel.

And I'm not telling you who I dreamed because that will only benefit the wolves at this point.

I'm holding my vote in case somebody cross posts with me, and right now I don't even mind if it's Jêx or Boro or sally, just not me.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:22 AM   #50
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tolkien

I stand corrected. Sally, you may have to make a hasty vote.

Unless...

..What if she was here the whole time, waiting for us to cast our votes before she spoke?

Do not worry, I merely jest. Time differences are an issue that we must all face.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:24 AM   #51
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I would actually even prefer somebody else decided the vote because that would reveal us more later on.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:24 AM   #52
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I've been blindsided by an evil Sally before; I seem to have a natural bias against thinking she's ever evil.

++Sally
Now, now, love. That's not nice. I understand you're upset about your precious one being gone, but there's no reason to take it out on me. I am not a werewolf. *harrumphs*

I am terribly sorry for missing most of the Day though. Last night was oddly more tiring than I expected and I fell asleep quite early, but I'm here now and will attempt to eke out a vote before DL (though I feel perhaps the village's mind is already made up?).

EDIT: x'd with Agan
Old 12-13-2014, 06:25 AM   #53
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Five minutes.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:25 AM   #54
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

God I hate this.

If nobody else shows up, it will still be a coin toss between me and somebody else.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:26 AM   #55
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Should we vote for Jêx? Just in case Boro happens to come here?
Old 12-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #56
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Unless sally wants to off herself to make up for last game.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #57
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tolkien

Aganzir, if you are Galadriel, then I deeply apologize. If you are not, it was a worthwhile last-ditch effort.

Sally, since Aganzir is essentially dead at this point, you may as well try to get extra information by voting for someone you genuinely suspect.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:28 AM   #58
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Aganzir, if you are Galadriel, then I deeply apologize. If you are not, it was a worthwhile last-ditch effort.

Sally, since Aganzir is essentially dead at this point, you may as well try to get extra information by voting for someone you genuinely suspect.
I AM NOT DEAD AT THIS POINT. IT'S STILL A COIN TOSS.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:28 AM   #59
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
And especially after last game I can hardly blame anyone who wants to kill sally. Well okay who am I kidding? I can never blame anyone who wants to kill sally because no matter her role, she's evil.
And yet now you ask for my help? You sultry minx, shame on you.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:29 AM   #60
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

++TAR JEX
Old 12-13-2014, 06:30 AM   #61
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Jex

I don't take orders well at six bleeding thirty in the morning, and I don't have time to figure out if Agan can be trusted. Sorry, new kid.

x'd with my sultry minx
Old 12-13-2014, 06:30 AM   #62
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tolkien

Quote:
I AM NOT DEAD AT THIS POINT. IT'S STILL A COIN TOSS.
There is about a minute left. Your chances do look quite grim. I would recommend voting for Boro, as he has not done much talking, and he isn't me. As Shasta has stated before, voting off someone who has not contributed much is better than killing off a currently active voice.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:30 AM   #63
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tolkien The coin is flipped

Judgement time.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:31 AM   #64
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

This had better be worth it, Aganzir. You know how much I hate lynching new players.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:31 AM   #65
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Deadline.

No more posting.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:32 AM   #66
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
This had better be worth it, Aganzir. You know how much I hate lynching new players.
I assure you that voting for either myself or Aganzir is a terrible decision, unless you are a cobbler or a wolf.

EDIT: X'd with Nerwen
Old 12-13-2014, 06:32 AM   #67
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Unless sally wants to off herself to make up for last game.
Ha! I just saw this. YOU SHUT YOUR LYING FILTHY MOUTH.

I'm out, kids. Let us pray we all see each other at Dawn.

EDIT: x'd with the mod. My apologies, dear one.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:36 AM   #68
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Tar-Jex has been lynched. He was Amroth.

This is why we don't lynch newbies on Day One, remember?
Old 12-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #69
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

Shocked as the Elves were by Nerwen's fate, they were dismayed indeed to find that their king and his guest had vanished. Messengers were sent to the River Nimrodel, in case Amroth happened to be merely visiting his beloved, but her flet, too was empty.

Coppermirror tried to cheer everyone up by singing, but even her fair Elvish voice could do little to lighten the mood of horror that had gripped the Golden Wood.

"TERRIBLE THINGSH, TERRIBLE THINGSH!" wailed Aganzir, staggering drunkenly along a branch. "I alwaysh thought evil din' come to Losh- Loshlorien! She did it! Nimrodel! Crime a' pash-passion!"

The rumours grew wilder and wilder. Nimrodel had killed Nerwen and Amroth, then fled. No, she had drowned herself in the river that bore her name. No, Galadriel had murdered all three of them.

Finally, though, suspicion settled on Aganzir herself.

"Her whole crazy drunkard act seems artificial and overcalculated to me," said McCaber.

"Well, why *not* Agan?" Coppermirror agreed.

"She looks like a wildcard to me," said Tar-Jêx.

Somehow that decided it. The Elves advanced on Aganzir, backing her to the very edge of the flet.

"Oh my god stop this!" she screamed, teetering over the terrible drop. "I'm Galadriel!"

Sally pushed her way to the front of the throng.

"Sorry, must have dozed off," she said, yawning. "Have I missed anything?"

"I'm Galadriel and Tar-Jêx is trying to murder me," Agan explained, catching hold of Tar-Jêx's elbow. "Help me!"

"Well, if you put it that way," said Sally, and together they pitched Tar-Jêx off the flet.

His scream echoed through the forest as he hurtled downward.

The Elves found his broken body lying on the green grass of Cerin Amroth amid the golden elanor and the pale niphredil. When they searched his garments for some clue that might have marked him as an emissary of evil, all they found was the light silver circlet that normally bound the brow of the King of Lórien.

~~~~~~

The Living
Sally
McCaber
Lottie
Farael
Rikae
Shasta
Coppermirror
Boro
Kitanna
Aganzir

The Dead
Nerwen, throat torn out Night One. (Mod).
Tar-Jêx, thrown off a flet Day One. (Ranger/Lover).

It is now Night One.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-14-2014 at 08:04 AM. Reason: typo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:32 AM   #70
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

The moon was down, and that night the lights had been doused in the stricken tree-city, so that the Silverlode was relatively dim even to Boro’s Elven eyes. He could still make out, though, the strange form he had glimpsed from high in the trees. Now he could see that it was indeed a boat cunningly carved into the shape of a great swan, such as he had seen bearing the Lady Galadriel.

Surely, he thought, this vessel held some answers to the dark mysteries that beset his home.

Then the boat sank. There was no warning at all. One moment it was there, the next the dark waters had closed over it completely.

Boro waded out into the river, staring about him in perplexity.

He did not see the beaked head that surfaced, periscope-like, behind his back and darted smoothly towards him. His startled cry as he was dragged under the water quickly became a choked gurgle.

“A Swan-shaped submarine!” the wolves congratulated themselves. “Who would ever think of that!"

~~~~~~

Nimrodel stood at the top of the waterfall. The stream that had been named for her gushed over her feet and crashed down to the rocks below, before hurrying on to join the Silverlode (where Boro, unbeknownst to her, was drowning).

Her love lay slain and her heart was dust within her. Another step forward, and her anguish would be over–

“No!” she whispered to herself in the ancient Silvan tongue. “There is another way…"

~~~~~~

The Living
Sally
McCaber
Lottie
Farael
Rikae
Shasta
Coppermirror
Kitanna
Aganzir

The Dead
Nerwen, throat torn out Night One. (Mod).
Tar-Jêx, thrown off a flet Day One. (Ranger/Lover).
Boro, dragged under by a swan-submarine Night Two. (Ordo).

It is now Day Two. You may post.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-14-2014 at 07:29 AM. Reason: added correction.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #71
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Leaf

I am so, so sorry, Jêx.

I've spent the past 24 hours banging my head against the wall. This is my first time as the seer in these 7 years of werewolf and I'm not happy about this mess (well except for not being dead, which is a very nice surprise). You know I thought about lying low and being quiet because I know how easy it is to attract random votes on day 1 when nothing is happening but then I was like Oyy whatever I do what I want and if they lynch me for that, their loss!

So yeah I'm going to withhold my dreams for a while longer because I want to see some reactions first. However - Nimrodel, I dreamed of you but won't reveal you unless you okay it.

So happy to be alive. ♥
Old 12-14-2014, 07:30 AM   #72
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Also, Nim, sorry about calling you Nerdanel by accident yesterday. I can imagine she's somebody an elf of your standing doesn't want to be compared to.

Can I quote this again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
I'd rather vote someone who's talking. In my experience it's the innocents who tend to not show up, but wolves and gifted have that little extra bit of information that usually has them playing with more skin in the game.

++Aganzir
I will be very interested in hearing what McC has to say about this. Because the longer I look at this, the more it screams cobbler to me. He's basically saying "the way she's playing, she could be a wolf or a gifted so I'm voting for her!" If McC is innocent, why add the gifted part (since it's sort of obvious but will only make him look worse)? It looks like he's waving and shouting "Look here wolves look here!"

I'm not happy about the fact that Cop voted for me but there isn't really much that I can say about the vote itself - I understand not wanting to spread the votes any further.

I feel okay about sally because if she's a wolf, it would've been so easy to pretend she didn't see my reveal - she could literally just have sat back and watched as the village proceeded to lynch me.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #73
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I don't trust anyone who regarded Nerwen as a friend. There's something not right with that sorceress in the woods...getting inside your head and all too!
This was Boro's only post and I don't see anything there that would make the wolves prioritize him higher than the seer. It was a weird post though, and caught my attention even as he posted; it looked like he implied that he doesn't hold the seer in high regard.

It was after I joked about Nerwen's death being a crime of passion, so it could be that the wolves thought he was playing the role of jealous Nimrodel. Even so, it would be a stretch, especially as Jêx suggested we vote for Boro rather than him.

It could also have been taken as a cobbler hint ("look look the seer is a problem!") but they wouldn't kill a presumed cobbler.

The narration implies he was killed for being a submarine, but that doesn't make sense at all, except if they were worried Nimrodel would be able to protect me. But that seems equally far-fetched because unless they know something we as a village don't, they should've had no reason to think she shares Amroth's powers.

In any case, it looks like they really wanted Boro dead and/or weren't concerned enough about me, counting that if I had dreamed of a wolf, I would have revealed it. This would also imply they're feeling reasonably safe right now.

Righty I have stuff that I need to do (I wasn't counting on being here today), will be back later. Although knowing me I'll probably continue to check in on my phone.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #74
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sorry everyone, I didn't realize the game would be starting so soon.

That has to be the worst Day 1 I've ever seen. It would have been bad enough if Tar was an ordo.
Well, at least Agan is still alive. Unless there's something else in this game I'm not aware of, with the ranger dead that either means she's a wolf, or the wolves are insane.

EDIT: 3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Rikae; 12-14-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #75
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I don't have a lot of time right now, so I won't be pulling any quotes or pointing any fingers, but I do have a few thoughts on how Day 1 ended.
1) I'm surprised Agan garnered enough suspicion for one vote, much less three (I think that was her final count)
2) It sucks about Jex, but yesterday was odd to say the least and assuming Agan tells the truth about her role there was no way around lynching a gifted.
3) Given Jex's reaction to my speculation that maybe a lone lover goes over to the wolves, I'm thinking the lovers are on the side of the village, even in death. But what happens to Nimrodel with her lover gone?
4) Rikae, I'm wondering if the wolves are trying to be bold and frame up Agan. It's a small village, just a little bit of doubt goes a long way. If Agan is a wolf, she's a daring one who was smart to wait until the end of day when a counter reveal was less likely. I trust her more for withholding her dreams because it'd be easy for a wolf to say "I dreamt Boro and now he's dead." If that makes sense. We'll see how today shakes out I guess.

Excuse any typos, I'm WWing from my phone.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #76
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
It would be foolish of the wolves to leave her alive to have another dream, lynch-able as her survival might make her.
It's also interesting that she says she dreamed of Nimrodel...
Old 12-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #77
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Well, at least Agan is still alive. Unless there's something else in this game I'm not aware of, with the ranger dead that either means she's a wolf, or the wolves are insane.
This. I was 99% sure I would wake up to find Agan dead - she'd outed herself as the Seer seconds before we lynched our Ranger, there was no reason for the wolves not to kill her. Unless, I guess, she was heavily suspicious of one of their own, and they didn't want to point fingers at themselves? But even that doesn't make sense. It was Day 1, she hadn't had time to be heavily suspicious of anyone, and the wolves could have just said, "oh, she was killed for being the Seer, not for suspecting any of us."

I guess maybe the wolves knew we'd suspect her for not having been killed, and hoped we'd lynch her today. But that seems risky - what if she'd dreamed of a wolf? It's a bold play, and one I'm not sure we could reasonably attribute to the wolves.

Quote:
So yeah I'm going to withhold my dreams for a while longer because I want to see some reactions first. However - Nimrodel, I dreamed of you but won't reveal you unless you okay it.
Nimrodel is the only other gifted left, right? So, Agan says that she happened to dream of her, and then says she won't reveal who it is without her permission. Which, fair enough, I guess, but that's also the most convenient excuse to not have to be right about dreams currently possible in this game. I'm not convinced.

Note: If Agan's reveal is fake, I don't think we necessarily need a counter-reveal by the real Galadriel. If you wouldn't normally have revealed toDay, don't worry about having to debunk Agan. We'll find out soon enough whether or not she's lying, whether that means we disbelieve her and lynch her (which, I would actually wait another Day, just to be on the safe side) or, if she is actually the real Seer, I can't believe the wolves would risk leaving her alive another Night.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #78
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
3) Given Jex's reaction to my speculation that maybe a lone lover goes over to the wolves, I'm thinking the lovers are on the side of the village, even in death. But what happens to Nimrodel with her lover gone?
Which reaction? This was all I could find:
Quote:
So far, the facts we know about the lovers are: Amroth is also a ranger and the nature of the relationship has been accentuated to arouse suspicion surrounding their roles.

I doubt that Amroth would also be a cobbler, because 3 roles seems far too many for one person. If they were to be lynched, it would take a lot of interest out of the game in one hit. However, the text about Nimrodel seems most intriguing. I am led to believe that Nimrodel has more than one objective, similar to Amroth's dual objective. 2 wolves is too few, but 3 is too many. A cobbler would fill this mid-space quite well, and could be Nimrodel's other role.
It seems possible to me that Tar didn't actually know.

At any rate, I'm not suggesting we lynch Agan now. If she's a wolf,that will become increasingly clear, after all.

Edit: X'd with Lottie
Old 12-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #79
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Nimrodel is the only other gifted left, right? So, Agan says that she happened to dream of her, and then says she won't reveal who it is without her permission. Which, fair enough, I guess, but that's also the most convenient excuse to not have to be right about dreams currently possible in this game. I'm not convinced.
Not to mention that if Nimrodel did go over to the wolves and Agan is a wolf, she does know who she is now. This way she's safe from being expected to reveal a role she doesn't know, if she actually has to reveal her "dream" (which she is also safe from having to do, since Nim isn't likely to choose to reveal), and if she does have to reveal Nim, they can make up any role they like for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Note: If Agan's reveal is fake, I don't think we necessarily need a counter-reveal by the real Galadriel. If you wouldn't normally have revealed toDay, don't worry about having to debunk Agan. We'll find out soon enough whether or not she's lying, whether that means we disbelieve her and lynch her (which, I would actually wait another Day, just to be on the safe side) or, if she is actually the real Seer, I can't believe the wolves would risk leaving her alive another Night.
I agree.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #80
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
What I want to know is, why Boro? He might have been a submarine kill, but on Day 1, I feel like there would have had to be so many submarines available to kill that the wolves would have had more submarines to pick from than they would have known what to do with. Why did Boro stand out?