The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-21-2002, 08:18 PM   #1
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Reaction to Trailer

OK tell me what happened when you first saw the TTT Trailer<P>I saw it on TV and I totally flipped and I recorded over on of my video tapes (oopppsss)!!!!!
Old 11-21-2002, 08:26 PM   #2
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I saw the trailer before Harry Potter. I had gone to see it partially because I'd heard a rumour that the trailer was there. There were abnormally many trailers before the movie, and TT was THE VERY LAST ONE. Some Jerry O'Connell movie (Kangaroo Jack?) was right before it, and I'm sitting in the theatre, sighing, thinking "that's it, they won't play it." Then the magic words appear:<P><I>The following movie has been rated PG-13 for epic violence and some scary moments.</I><P>It was like I had been prodded by a hot iron. I bolted up in my seat and shushed my companions, devoting my entire attention to the trailer. I thought it was excellent--especially the ending. Oh, I can't wait...<P>~*~Orual~*~
Old 11-21-2002, 08:29 PM   #3
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The trailer is in Harry Potter?? Ok cool I'm gonna go to it when it comes out!! <BR>I thought that first bit of the trailer was pretty cool, ya know Eowyn (was it her?) standing all alone at Edoras. wicked
Old 11-21-2002, 08:34 PM   #4
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Ring

Oh! Those are different trailers! Well, I'll keep my eyes glued to the tube and you go see Harry Potter. (Not a bad movie in itself, but the trailer is more rewarding.)<P>The one that I saw starts with Frodo and Sam. MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW...IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW, DON'T READ!!!!!<BR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR>~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<P>Okay, maybe not that major, but I had to share these first lines:<P>Sam and Frodo are standing in some barren place (which could be...just about anywhere from the beginning of TT to the end of "Mount Doom", eh? Well, except Ithilien.) Sam looks around, and says "I don't think Gandalf meant for us to come here." Then, the line that I love so much: Frodo sighs and says "I don't think Gandalf meant a lot of things that have happened."<P>Had to share. <P>~*~Orual~*~
Old 11-21-2002, 08:37 PM   #5
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Oh thats so sweet!! well now I have to keep watch for that one as well! Are there any other trailers cuz I think that there were 3 for FOTR but maybe that was just because it was the first of the three movies.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:52 PM   #6
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

The whole audience (or almost the whole) started clapping the minute Frodo and Sam appeared on the screen.<BR>I love that!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 12:31 AM   #7
Iargwath
Wight

Iargwath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Iargwath Send a message via AIM to Iargwath
Sting

I shrieked aloud when i first saw the Trailer in the theatres. Apart from some weird glances and stares from others i though the trailer was great...and is it ok to get goosebumps when u see something spectacular? In this case the TT trailer

My M-e Forum
Iargwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 09:54 AM   #8
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

OOH, I just saw the new James Bond, and the TTT trailer with Frodo and Sam saying all that stuff came on! I was goosebumped all over!!!! Also, is it just me, or is Treebeard waaaaay too big? He seemed enormous in the 2 seconds I saw him for, picking up Pip and Merry...
Old 11-22-2002, 11:22 AM   #9
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shield

The version that I downloaded back in October starts out with Aragorn and Legolas watching the Rohirrim comes riding up etc., and doesn't get to Frodo and Samwise until 36 seconds into it. The trailer itself is 3 minutes long.<P>I haven't been able to watch it in the theater yet. The last time I went to a movie I called to see which ones the trailer was playing in front of, and out of the two theaters in my town, it was only playing in front of one movie: Jackass. You couldn't drag me to that movie even if you trussed me up like a victim of Shelob.<P>As to Treebeard, he's supposed to be as big as a...well...tree. And Merry and Pippin can sit comfortably on each of his shoulders (one shoulder per hobbit!) and he picks them up with his hands like that...so yeah I'd imagine he should be about that big.<P>Just to make sure...in the one I've seen all you see of Treebeard is his legs and one arm as he reaches down to scoop up Merry.
Old 11-22-2002, 04:13 PM   #10
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Just to make sure...in the one I've seen all you see of Treebeard is his legs and one arm as he reaches down to scoop up Merry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's the same one I saw, I believe. Or at least that shot was in the one I saw. Speaking of which, was I simply to overcome by seeing the trailer or were Merry and Pippin running away from Treebeard? I don't think they did that in the books, did they? I seem to remember them standing stone-still, and Treebeard just turned them around "gently but irresistably," as I recall. Thoughts, corrections?<P>~*~Orual~*~
Old 11-22-2002, 04:55 PM   #11
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I realy really wanna see that trailer! <BR>If you haven't seen thi trailer its a spoiler ok!<P><BR>In the one that I've seen there is commentary kinda like at the beginning of FOTR but it says something like "The fate of the world will soon be decided, There is a link between the Two Towers, Baradûr and Orthanc......etc."<BR>There isn't anything with Treebeard or any Ents. Its mainly got Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas in it. Near the end it has this bit where Gandalf comes back!! Its really cool, and he says "I return to you now at the turn of tide" or something like that. Its really good!
Old 11-22-2002, 05:17 PM   #12
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

When I saw Harry Potter, TTT wasn't at the begaining. <P>But it sounds like it's this one on the official website: <A HREF="http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/the_two_towers/lotr_tt_tlr_480.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/the_two_towers/lotr_tt_tlr_480.html</A> <P>Is it?
Old 11-22-2002, 08:43 PM   #13
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

I wish I could tell you, Rose, but I can't download the trailer off the website. What's it like? The one that I saw in front of HP went like this...(SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!)<P>~*~<BR>~*~<BR>Okay, like I'd said it starts with Frodo and Sam. After Frodo says "I don't think Gandalf meant a lot of things that happened", we see some slightly dizzying shots of Gandalf and the Balrog falling into the abyss. Cut to Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli...close in on Aragorn's face. He says "It cannot be...", then we see Gandalf in his shiny new robes. Battle, war, soldiers, lots of the above. We hear Aragorn's voice saying "There is nothing for you here" and Arwen's voice answering "There is hope." (Does this bode ill?) Then there's the Merry, Pippin, and Treebeard scene. Then BAM! Gollum! Climbing down a wall. He says something along the lines of "We wants it, preciousss...they has it, and we wants it back..." He reaches for Frodo, who is asleep with Sam sleeping as well at his side. "The legend continues December 18th. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers." And the magic is over.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:00 PM   #14
erik

1420!

The one I see doesn't stop there, it goes on for a few more minutes. I got it off of <A HREF="http://www.lordoftherings.net." TARGET=_blank>www.lordoftherings.net.</A> And I LOVED the music.<BR>
Old 11-23-2002, 02:05 AM   #15
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

The version that showed with <I>Harry Potter</I> is a much shorter version from the one on the website (which starts with Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, and the Riders of Rohan). <BR>I have only seen the longer one on my computer, but I have an Apple & those rock with media videos!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 10:18 AM   #16
kharank
Animated Skeleton

kharank has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I thought the full 3 minute trailer was amazing - seems a much more action based film than Fellowship. Some of the CGI still looks ever so slightly cartoony though, in my opinion (Wargs? Treebeards legs?) Sure it will turn out great, but still just a little concerned. I want this film to RULE!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 10:36 AM   #17
engwaalphiel
Haunting Spirit

engwaalphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

the trailer just makes we impatient for te film even more , and yes there is an oliphaunt there so we get the sam oliphaunt bit!! <BR>Frodo when he says <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> i don't think gandalf meant for us to come this way <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> or something like that is adorable sounding , ah enough of my elijah adoring .....<BR>I just hope PJ put in all the best bits from the book and didn't leave anything amazingly good out

"Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë!
engwaalphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 11:53 AM   #18
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I just saw Harry Potter 2 yesterday and the first trailer was LoTR!<P>It was kind of ruined because they didn't turn the music up loud enough (mistake by theatre).<P>But it was still great, and after the trailers their was this loud buzz, it seems even non-Tolkien fans are anticipating TTT.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:01 PM   #19
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
OMIGOD! I saw the trailer in the movie theater, and I totally flipped out, and went completely bananas, and started shrieking "LEGOLAS!" and bouncing in my seat like a toddler on speed, and then when they showed Gandalf I accidentally threw up my bag of popcorn, and some of it got on the people in front of me, but I could care less because I was just toooo excited, and then I started clapping when they showed Theoden, and then I started booing at Saruman, and then the theater manager came in and...
Old 11-25-2002, 12:09 PM   #20
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

...and then the theater manager came in and he started twirling his fist in the air and screaming "Aragorn rocks, Dude!" And then Lush and the theater manager did a happy-dance in the aisle. <P>Is that what happened, Lush?
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 02:40 PM   #21
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Sting

I saw it before HP2, between "Kangaroo Jack" and "The Wild Thornberries." How evily stupid is that? I mean, TTT trailer was about 40 seconds long, and everything else was about 5 minutes! I am annoyed greatly!<P>On the plus side, what we did see was mega kick-@$$. Wooo-hooo!
Old 11-25-2002, 07:06 PM   #22
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Yes, I did notice that. TTT trailer was cut down in the theatres. One thing I did notice is that they show more of Treebeard! There is a shot from behind Treebeard's head as he holds Merry and Pippin.<P>Anyone else notice this?
Old 11-25-2002, 08:30 PM   #23
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Oh yeah, Birdland, you know it! But what happened the was even cooler because the ushers ran in and started screaming "Frodo Lives!" And then every row in the theater did the wave! And then someone brought in a cardboard cut-out of Legolas and I started running up and down with it shrieking like a banshee at a Beatles concert! Finally I had a hysterical episode when I realized that the movie was still THREE WEEKS away, and they had to hose me down!
Old 11-25-2002, 08:42 PM   #24
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Lush <P>Wish that had happened at my theatre!
Old 11-25-2002, 09:33 PM   #25
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Dang, Lush!<BR>...and my husband nudges me and scowls at me if I just say, "Awright, cool!"
Old 11-25-2002, 09:59 PM   #26
Alcerin
Pile O'Bones

Alcerin has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Y'all saw Treebeard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>(yells like a half crazed teenie bopper)<BR> <B>wasse look like? watse look like????????????</B><P>Tell me, tell me, tell me, I wanna know!!!!!<P>PLEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ (is on her knees begging)

~John 11:35~
Alcerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 11:17 PM   #27
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

In the trailer that I saw I didn't get to see treebeard! Actually, maybe thats a good thing, it'll be a surprise when I finally watch the movie!! but Harry Potter isn't out yet and I wanna see the trailer on the big screen!!! I'll go wacko in the cinema........ hehehehe can't wait
Old 11-28-2002, 12:29 AM   #28
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I SAW THE OTHER TRAILER JUST NOW!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its soooooo coooool!!!!!!! <BR>and I saw treebeard' leg and everything nd that sweet bit with aragorna nd arwen and everything!!!! aahhhhh!!! cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P><BR>ok calming down again..............(this could take a while)............<P>only 20 days left...
Old 11-28-2002, 12:59 AM   #29
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

When I first saw the trailor I started to cry! Being my sensitive me. I cry at everything! Sheesh. I thought it was amazing though. Really made me egar to see it even more. I thought they did a wonderful job.
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote