The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quiz Room
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2003, 08:46 PM   #1
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting The Six Degrees of Sauron

It's a new one, but since it started outside Middle Earth as a simple people-connection game, whatever. It's a forums topic now.

To play the six degrees of Sauron, which I will shortly start, the name of two people are given, and the first person who comes along must link them (limited strictly to actual events and lineage in Middle Earth) to eachother in six moves. Now here's an example. (By the way, try for tough ones, since Gandalf and Sauron can be linked to nearly everything they have been disqualified as the choices that need to be linked. But they can be used in between).

Radagast and Denethor in six moves;

(1)Radagast lived near Mirkwood, where he knew (2)Beorn, who sent (3)Bilbo, who later chose an heir in (4)Frodo, who met (5)Faramir in Ithilien, who was (6)Denethor's son.

Merely saying Radagast was an Istari like Gandalf who was at loggerheads with Denethor, will not work. It has to be six moves, which can involve backtracking.

The first person mentions the names, the second person tries to connect them. Then if they make six moves, they can of course be proven wrong (if they are wrong). Try to make certain moves. If it is a name that is given to more than one person, specify.

The first two characters are;
1st Age Elf Lord Ecthelion and Durin I,
called by some the Deathless.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 10:26 PM   #2
Bruce MacCulloch
Dead Man of Dunharrow

Bruce MacCulloch has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Bruce MacCulloch
Ring

1)Ecthelion served 2)Turgon, who was given a message by 3)Tuor, the messenger of 4)Ulmo, a Vala along with 5)Aule, maker of 6)Durin I.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:31 AM   #3
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I realize that this thread is a bit different than this one 6 Degrees of Separation, in the fact that the degrees must be exactly six, but the rules can easily be changed for individual questions. If you wish, when you ask a question, you can just add that it must have exactly six degrees. Please don't make a repeat thread.
Old 01-10-2003, 03:07 PM   #4
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sorry about that Lindo, had I seen the other one I'd have done just that. Of course, the name Six Degrees of Sauron is preferable to me. Oh well, I suppose I'll continue the no Gandalf/Sauron rule.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote