The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2008, 10:38 PM   #201
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Ok,

++Fea

because I disagree with her about Mac. I don't think he's worth voting toDay.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:38 PM   #202
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Page 2 done. Thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
It came from my head and the point is that there might be anything and we wouldn't get to know it so why speculate at all.
Awfully pessimistic of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Methinks Aganzir, Macalaure, and Lommy are all baddies of some sort.
Is it weird that I thought the exact same thing the moment I laid eyes on the game thread? Kind of a gut feeling. For what it's worth, I had the same feeling about Nogrod and Fea, too...

There seems to be some sort of odd relationship between Aganzir and Legate, as well. They're very... civil? toward each other.

On to the next level! ...Er, I mean, page!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #203
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Blah. Sorry, back now and need to catch up a bit.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #204
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Page 3 done. Thoughts:

Quote:
Actually I think Fea could be a lover or something - the way she stubbornly sets out to defend the pros of rule discussion is odd, and especially taken to such lengths, it doesn't sound entirely honest.
I dunno, kinda sounds like regular Fea to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
these fellows really better show up. This large number of silent ones is especially worrying since we are lacking modkill.
Phooey on you, Mac. I will probably be around at this time every day, for future reference.

Legate's #96 seems to strengthen the relationship between him and Aganzir, to my mind anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Aganzir ~ too argumentative to be a wolf, methinks
Because we've never seen a bold, argumentative wolf.

I think Eomer and Kitanna's vote immediately following him is kind of weird.

Quote:
I think I'd prefer voting Mac over Rikae but since Rikae already has votes, I'm maybe a bit more inclined to add there one more.
This kind of screams baddie to me, to be honest. :/

A couple people evidenced worry about a "flood" of sudden Rikae votes. Last time I checked, two votes does not a flood make. Hee hee.

On to page 4...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 10-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #205
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Thoughts on Page 4.

Greenie's vote for Groin kind of came out of the blue, to me. Seemed like a throwaway vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I am now starting to think more and more about voting Groin instead. But then, is one post really enough grounds?
Yes, because we've all seen how well that works. *coughSixthcough* Particularly alarming is that it came after Greenie's vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
A slight reason to vote for being a submarine, hopefully in a pair:
McCaber
Shasta
Gwath
I'm starting to get a little tired of this. I live in the USA. I'm fairly sure McCaber and Gwath also live in the USA. Just because we don't live in Europe like the majority of the players does not mean we are submarines. I mean really now.

And now, page 5 (where I made my first entrance. The irony!)
Old 10-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #206
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I can't stay awake any longer - I guess I'll just have to find out if I'm still alive when I wake up.

About the point #2 - half serious. It is something that I thought about (not because of our strength as players, but because mods seems to love setting us against each other), but I didn't expect anyone else to take it seriously - except possibly Mac himself: I was interested in his reaction.

At any rate - the person I find most suspicious right now is Aganzir. I've suspected Lommy too, but I don't like to lynch her on Day One... plus, I double checked, and it seems Kit did crosspost with Eomer after all. Well, it may seem kind of useless now, but my intuition is pointing this way, and there are quite a few votes left, anyway, so:

++Aganzir
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:02 PM   #207
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It's weird to be in a game of wererwolf at 7AM...

Well I need to vote then.

++ Kitanna

I was getting more and more uneasy about voting Kit as I started to think she had just stated her gut feeling on Mac's innocense, but then her sudden reappearance only to defend herself felt like overdoing it. Not the least because there was only a reservation and a comment on a feeling - still she defended Mac twice when he was suspected a lot...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #208
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Legate (has even more posts)

-Says Aganzir looks different

-Thinks Mac could be possible lover.

-Unsure about Fea.

-Sally seems normal.

-Kitanna's slipping under the radar.

-Eonwe doesn't say much.

-Lommy looks unusual in the beginning, but normal in the end.

-Aganzir, Rikae, and Fea look innocent.

-Thinks Rikae looks normal, considers Mac as a voting possibility.

-States that Lommy looks like she's trying to stay out of the spotlight while still contributing.

-Agrees with Aganzir about Groin looking like he's trying to buddy up with him.

-Admonishes Nogrod for his silence.

-Doesn't like everyone voting for Rikae.

-Finds Kitanna suspicious for voting Rikae and finding Mac innocent.

-Questions voting Mac and considers voting Groin or Kitanna.

-Decides it'd be better to wait for Groin to post more.

-Another analysis post..

-Considers voting for Lalaith in retaliation.

-Decides not to vote Mac.

-Considers voting Sally for quietness.

-Considers voting Lommy, but hesistant.

-Flips a coin and votes Kitanna.

Overall comments:

Way too wordy, as usual.

Nothing jumps out to me in particular, though he does seem indecisive as ever (as does everyone else...it's Day 1 after all).

EDIT: X-ed with a bunch
Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #209
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'm starting to get a little tired of this. I live in the USA. I'm fairly sure McCaber and Gwath also live in the USA. Just because we don't live in Europe like the majority of the players does not mean we are submarines. I mean really now.
Don't get mad Shasta. What I said was said at that moment. Surely you are not such a submarine now...

Although fex. Rikae and Fea (among others) live in the US as well...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #210
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Bah, really guys...you just keep spreading out the votes.

A half an hour before deadline and I can't analyse them all by then. So perhaps I'll just start looking at the ones who have two or more votes. I don't know why I'm analysing anyway...it's too time consuming (though helpful).
Old 10-27-2008, 11:08 PM   #211
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Don't get mad Shasta. What I said was said at that moment. Surely you are not such a submarine now...

*pipes up* And me. Thanks for that. (Kidding, kidding)

Really sorry. I kind of dozed off. Another quick skim and I'm ready though.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #212
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Thoughts on pages 5 and 6 (and a vote count, oh my!)

Lommy's vote for Eomer strikes me as in the same vein as Greenie's vote for Groin, but in a better light, for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I could vote for one of the quiet ones just because of that.
Again, annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum
May as well get this over with, though I've changed my mind.

++Lommy

I can't bring myself to trust her.
Could you explain this? It seems to me that you're voting someone you've "changed your mind on"; ergo, you think she's innocent, but in the next breath you "can't bring yourself to trust her?" Can you see where I might be confused?

Eomer: ++Rikae (Rikae 1)
Kitanna: ++Rikae (Rikae 2)
Greenie: ++Groin (Rikae 2, Groin 1)
Mac: ++Lommy (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 1)
Eönwë: ++Legate (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 1, Legate 1)
Lommy: ++Eomer (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 1, Legate 1, Eomer 1)
Lalaith: ++Legate (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 1, Legate 2, Eomer 1)
Aganzir: ++Lommy (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 2, Legate 2, Eomer 1)
Legate: ++Kitanna (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 2, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 1)
Fea: ++Mac (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 2, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 1, Mac 1)
Gollum: ++Lommy (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 3, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 1, Mac 1)
Gwath: ++Fea (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 3, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 1, Mac 1, Fea 1)
Rikae: ++Aganzir (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 3, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 1, Mac 1, Fea 1, Aganzir 1)
Nogrod: ++Kitanna (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 3, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 2, Mac 1, Fea 1, Aganzir 1)

I stole Brinniel's vote count and added all the votes after it in italics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
I haven't read a whole lot, just got home, but I saw this and thought I'd respond while I still have a chance. I just don't feel Mac is all that suspicious. I didn't see anything in his posts that pointed to him being a werelover, though depending on what has happened in the posts since I was on last could shift my opinion.
This doesn't strike me as a good defense at all...

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 10-27-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Removed the quote tags from around the vote count so the italics would show up.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #213
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post

I'm not mad, Nog. It just irked me that so many people said id. You were just unlucky number... three, I think.

Fea and Rikae live in the US??! Since when?! And why wasn't I informed?!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #214
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Well and... hm. Lommy is in line to be executed, with three votes. I'm okay with that, but I think I'm more sure of Aganzir at this point.

++Aganzir

And in hindsight I should have known Fea lived in the US when she mentioned being quite happy with the deadline, thank you very much. Shows how comprehensive I am past midnight sometimes.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #215
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I'd also like to point out that Gwath seems to be voting Fea in retaliation for voting Mac. Something to look into tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:18 PM   #216
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Legate: ++Kitanna (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 2, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 1)
Gollum: ++Lommy (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 3, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 1, Mac 1)
Gwath: ++Fea (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 3, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 1, Mac 1, Fea 1)
Rikae: ++Agan (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 3, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 1, Mac 1, Fea 1, Agan 1)
Noggie: ++Kit (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 3, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 2, Mac 1, Fea 1, Agan 1)

A couple votes that bother me.

Gwath-->Fea. His reason is listed "because I disagree with her about Mac". Seriously? You don't agree with her so she's a wolf? Seems like fuzzy (aka furry) logic to me.

Rikae-->Agan. Just because it's spreading out the votes even more, and especially this close to the deadline. Trying to complicate things even more right before Sunset is just not cool, my dear.

So....since it's Day One (not saying that there's nothing to be gleaned, but those two votes are what jumped at me the most, actions louder than words and all that) I'm inclined to vote one of those two. But Gwath has no votes, and Rikae has two, so if I had to pick one of them I'd obviously go with her.

But....I still think Lommie's acting strangely. Like, I'm used to her being a tad....silly's not the right word, my apologies, bear with me....off or whatever you wish to call it, but it's almost as if she's taking the cute banter with Agan too far (at the beginning of the Day I mean) and after that....*looks at the time*

Post break to catch up.

EDIT: x'd since my last. And oh look, Shasta did a vote tally too. Lovely.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:20 PM   #217
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Kitanna

-Found Mac and Aganzir's back-and-forth amusing.

-Wants to take a better look at Lommy and Legate and those who suggested them.

-Wonders if Rikae's bluffing.

-Feels better about Mac than Rikae.

-Votes Rikae.

Overall comments:

Don't know why she seems so suspicious, she looks fine to me.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 PM   #218
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Well and... hm. Lommy is in line to be executed, with three votes. I'm okay with that, but I think I'm more sure of Aganzir at this point.

++Aganzir

And in hindsight I should have known Fea lived in the US when she mentioned being quite happy with the deadline, thank you very much. Shows how comprehensive I am past midnight sometimes.
And again. ~15m to deadline and bringing another candidate up to a lynchable level. Bah.

I'll have to finish my thoughts on Lommie later/in a minute. I need to seriously consider who I'm voting for.

EDIT: x'd with Brinn
Old 10-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #219
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Hmm...I feel like my options are for Legate, Kit, Aganzir, or Lommy. I want to take a better look at Mac, but I'm running out of time.

Btw, my roommate's being awful to me again...so I have even less time in between talking to her. I better vote soon just in case...
Old 10-27-2008, 11:26 PM   #220
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Down to... Brinn, Sally, McCaber, and Groin, I think?

McCaber's probably not going to show up, and I'm not sure Groin is either.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #221
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Kitanna looks innocentish, Legate doesn't seem suspicious enough, and while I'd consider Aganzir, I haven't gotten a chance to analyse her...plus this sudden bandwagon is a bit fishy.

Therefore:

++Lommy

While I'm uncertain about her, she's the most suspicious of the four. Plus, she managed to fool me the last games and I can't let her get away with it this time..

Boy do I hate Day Ones. My vote never feels concrete enough...
Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #222
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White-Hand

Deadline is in 5 minutes.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:33 PM   #223
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Down to... Brinn, Sally, McCaber, and Groin, I think?

McCaber's probably not going to show up, and I'm not sure Groin is either.

Maybe Cabbie didn't know the game started today?

Nogrod: ++Kitanna (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 3, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 2, Mac 1, Fea 1, Aganzir 1)

Vote count stands as such (will edit to add if Brinn votes while I'm posting this)
Three Votes: Lommie
Two Votes: Rikae, Legate, Kit, Agan
One Vote: Groin, Eomer, Mac, Fea
No Votes: the rest of us

I'm not causing a tie and leaving it up to someone else. Between Rikae and Lommie I vote:

++Lommie

Sorry, sweetie. *hands you a stuffed penguin, then runs before you try to fillet the village*

EDIT: X'd with both Brinn and our moddess. Lommie now stands at five votes.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:33 PM   #224
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Without our European friends, it seems so strange for the burden to fall on just us on the other side of the Atlantic...
Old 10-27-2008, 11:36 PM   #225
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Without our European friends, it seems so strange for the burden to fall on just us on the other side of the Atlantic...

I know. It feels strange not running out in the middle of class to place my vote. Not that I've ever done that....

Alternatively, I don't like how Agan suddenly came up less than an hour before deadline. (The votes for her, not Agan herself. Sorry, it's not that late I'm just a little more tired than usual. I'm going to shut up now, yeah?) It's sneaky and bordering on just-plain-furry. But I'll leave that for toMorrow's discussion.

Good Night, and to those of us who survive see you (hopefully) in the Morning.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:39 PM   #226
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

White-Hand

Lommy will die. Narration in a short bit.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:56 PM   #227
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril Day 1 ends...

The Lonely Hearts Club had indeed descended into a lonely hotel full of distrustful people. Not romantic at all, despite the large number of endearments being bandied back and forth. No love was to be found this day, at least not on the surface, and at the end, one young lady by the name of Thinlomien was doomed to die.

Above it all, in a cloudy palace in the sky, was one who watched the goings on with delicious amusement and great hilarity. For it was she who had set out The Task which killed Diamond and disrupted the mortals. Venus, goddess of love, and orchestrator of mischief, took delight in every accusation and manipulation. In the end, her Lovers did well, for Lommy was no servant of Venus.

The Lonely Hearts tied up the young maiden and stabbed her though the heart. She slumped down and bled onto the floor, but no one among them shed a tear or stepped forward to caress her dying form. After a few awkward moments in which nothing momentous happened, they buried her in the garden and shuffled off to bed, exhausted.

But some among them, did not sleep....

It is now Night.

The Living Lonely Hearts Club:

Groin
Aganzir
Legate
Kitanna
Gollum
Nogrod
Brinniel
Sally
Shasta
Gwath
Rikae
Mac
McCaber
Fea
Greenie
Eönwë
Lalaith
Eomer

Hearts Which Have Stopped Beating:

Diamond (Lonely Heart)
Lommy (Lonely Heart)
Old 10-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #228
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril Day 2

The next morning at the Remote Romantic Retreat dawned sunny and clear. A perfect day for strolling through the garden, lounging on the beach, and getting to know the other singles. But, alas, such leisurely activities were not to be on the agenda for this day.

Two less Lonely Heart Clubmembers came down to the breakfast table that morning. Legate and Lalaith where each absent. They were found, later, each in their separate bedrooms, alone and dead in their lonely beds. Both had been stabbed through the heart, and their blood ran red, staining the sheets.

Let the paranoia commence.

The Living Lonely Hearts Club:

Groin
Aganzir
Kitanna
Gollum
Nogrod
Brinniel
Sally
Shasta
Gwath
Rikae
Mac
McCaber
Fea
Greenie
Eönwë
Eomer

Hearts Which Have Stopped Beating:

Diamond (Lonely Heart)
Lommy (Lonely Heart)
Legate (Lonely Heart)
Lalaith (Lonely Heart)
Old 10-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #229
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Two deaths, and no mention of a ranger save. Can we hope that we only have two lover pairs among us? Two pairs against each other, as well as the rest of the village, would make for an unbalanced game, though.

As for Legate and Lalaith, the first thought that comes to my mind is that both look like classic wolf-kills - players who weren't much suspected, thus unlikely to be lynched, and who leave little trail... maybe there's more to it I'm missing, though.

Now, Sally - I'll have you know, dearie, I don't much appreciate what I see as attempts to intimidate and pressure me into conformity! I vote as I please, thank you very much, and I find the artificial narrowing of the field to the first few people with multiple votes a suspicious, or at least dangerous, move.
In this game, time zones are obviously a major factor. Americans (although not so much those of us on the east coast) are going to find it far easier to be around at the deadline. I don't think that means that we can suppose there is an evil conspiracy among Americans to vote without the rest of the village's input.
(If there is, you're in on it! )
I don't find you suspicious just yet, love - only a bit misguided. Shasta may well be buttering me up - he seems to be following my suspicions a bit.
Well, I suppose we won't see much activity here until after I've gone to bed (even though I'm staying up far too late already for #$@# midterms...) - good night, USA, good morning, Europe, play nice and all that.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #230
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sorry about Day 1, folks. Apparently things happen when I'm not paying attention.

And I missed six whole pages of discussion. Great.

I didn't glean too much from a quick first readthrough. Basically that Aganzir, Lommy, Mac,and Rikae talked a lot and suspected each other, with fatal results for Lommy.

Anyway, time to think, react, talk, and listen.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #231
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Two deaths, and no mention of a ranger save. Can we hope that we only have two lover pairs among us? Two pairs against each other, as well as the rest of the village, would make for an unbalanced game, though.

As for Legate and Lalaith, the first thought that comes to my mind is that both look like classic wolf-kills - players who weren't much suspected, thus unlikely to be lynched, and who leave little trail... maybe there's more to it I'm missing, though.

Now, Sally - I'll have you know, dearie, I don't much appreciate what I see as attempts to intimidate and pressure me into conformity! I vote as I please, thank you very much, and I find the artificial narrowing of the field to the first few people with multiple votes a suspicious, or at least dangerous, move.
In this game, time zones are obviously a major factor. Americans (although not so much those of us on the east coast) are going to find it far easier to be around at the deadline. I don't think that means that we can suppose there is an evil conspiracy among Americans to vote without the rest of the village's input.
(If there is, you're in on it! )
I don't find you suspicious just yet, love - only a bit misguided. Shasta may well be buttering me up - he seems to be following my suspicions a bit.
Well, I suppose we won't see much activity here until after I've gone to bed (even though I'm staying up far too late already for #$@# midterms...) - good night, USA, good morning, Europe, play nice and all that.

Can't stay and chat but I had to tell you. Your post just made my day. (Granted it's 1:30 in the morning so I haven't done much yet, but it amused me. How are you so perky at this time of night?)

Sorry. Off to write a paper, gorrammit. Back when I'm awake.

P.S. Lallie and Legate, especially the former. Bwah?

Discuss amongst yourselves!

EDIT: X'd with Cabbie. Mehbe. I'm not sure; I should have been paying more attention.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:57 PM   #232
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Hmm...so two more are dead. What does this mean? Do we only have two sets of lovers among us, or is it possible that two pairs chose the same kill?

Lalaith's death isn't terribly surprising...she didn't post a lot and left little tracks. Legate I'm more curious about. He had the second most amount of posts and was getting plenty of attention...so why kill him? Did they think he was gifted or perhaps even part of another team of lovers? Of the two, I think the former would be more likely...especially since I recall Legate speculating about gifteds.

Gah, it's late and I'm tired...but I'd like to look back at yesterDay before going to bed since I know by the time I return there'll be a whole slew of posts and I'll probably be kept plenty busy catching up.

EDIT: X-ed with everyone
Old 10-28-2008, 11:57 PM   #233
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

So for all the talk of absolute carnage, two are dead? That means there is either two teams of lovers, each with a kill; or one team of four lovers, and Diamond emerges as somewhat less interested in monogamy than I might have suspected.

Or another option that I'm not seeing right now. And I'm afraid I won't be around until much later as I have work... er, I mean, I'll be busying myself constructing romantic poesy.

If there are teams, do they all know who each other are? Then they could try setting each other up with the kills. But if they don't know their enemies then this line of speculation does the village no good (I think).

What may be more useful is playing the percentage game, in choosing those who were not involved with, say, Lalaith, and selecting a pair from the two of them. This assumes that Lalaith and Legate were killed to leave no trail, which is often agreed upon as being at least 'not a bad method'.

Ach, it still seems tricksome today.

As for my vote yesterday, Rikae got it spot on. Pot and stirring. That's all.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #234
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Sorry to pop back in, but I wanted to put this out there.

Just because there were two deaths and no ranger save doesn't mean there's only two teams of lovers. It's distinctly possible (at some point someone was discussing it) that if two/more teams pick the same person, only that one person dies (i.e. no repicks). Not to be a pessimist, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I'm really off now. (My post originally said "they're were two deaths and no ranger kill doesn't mean they're only two....". So yeah, I'm going to bed when I get finished.)
Old 10-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #235
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

The Voting:

Legate
: ++Kitanna (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 2, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 1)
Rikae: ++Aganzir (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 3, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 1, Mac 1, Fea 1, Aganzir 1)
Shasta: ++Aganzir (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 3, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 2, Mac 1, Fea 1, Aganzir 2)
Brinn: ++Lommy (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 4, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 2, Mac 1, Fea 1, Aganzir 1)
Sally: ++Lommy (Rikae 2, Groin 1, Lommy 5, Legate 2, Eomer 1, Kitanna 2, Mac 1, Fea 1, Aganzir 1)

Didn't vote: Groin, McCaber (am I missing anyone?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Just because there were two deaths and no ranger save doesn't mean there's only two teams of lovers. It's distinctly possible (at some point someone was discussing it) that if two/more teams pick the same person, only that one person dies (i.e. no repicks). Not to be a pessimist, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Yes, it's something I mentioned as well and it's certainly a possibility (though in that scenario I would guess there are no more than three pairs). But of course, we don't know whether Di has something completely different up her sleeve...which is entirely possible..

Bah, I was going to do more than just paste the vote count but I'm so sleepy.. I think I'll just go to bed now and return to share my thoughts when my head is clearer.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:19 AM   #236
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

One post before bed (and I'm only up this late because I was typing a rehearsal report!)

Legate and Lalaith. I'm not sure at all about the latter, but I have a strong suspicion the former was targeted in hopes that he was a Lover.

As for Lommy, I wouldn't have guessed she was a plain old Lonely Heart. Guess I'm 0/1 as for right now, .

Good night (to my neighbors; good morning to those across the pond!)
Old 10-29-2008, 02:28 AM   #237
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Good night (to my neighbors; good morning to those across the pond!)
Good Morning!

As for the game...

Lalaith didn't really get say enough for there to be any trails there.

But then Legate was one of the most active. And if I remember correctly, he and Mac were at each others throats until quite late that Day (well, actually, more into the afternoon but we Europeans suffer from jet-lag on this island- for us it was late-ish). So in that case it could have been either Mac being very bold, and because its so obvious, thought no-one would suspect him, or more likely it could be someone framing him. Obviously I could be going down the completely wrong path, and maybe that's what the lovers want me to do.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:00 AM   #238
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ye Eönwë Table

Just adding the night phase bits to what Rikae did:

Day 1:

Eomer: Rikae (1)
Kitanna: Rikae (2)
Greenie: Groin (1)
Mac: Lommy [ordo] (1)
Eönwë: Legate [ordo] (1)
Lommy [ordo]: Eomer (1)
Lalaith [ordo]: Legate [ordo] (1)
Aganzir: Lommy [ordo] (2)
Legate [ordo]: Kitanna (1)
Fea: Mac (1)
Gollum: Lommy [ordo] (3)
Gwath: Fea (1)
Rikae: Aganzir (1)
Nogrod: Kitanna (2)
Shasta: Aganzir (2)
Brinn: Lommy [ordo] (4)
Sally: Lommy [ordo] (5)

Lynched: Lommy [ordo]

Night 1:

Killed: Lalaith [ordo], Legate [ordo]
Saved: ?

*= vote didn't count
+= thought/ knew vote didn't count
()= total votes for person that day so far
<>= total votes for person from an individual so far
[]= known status/ postion e.g. ordo
Old 10-29-2008, 04:16 AM   #239
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Only two deaths?

So that means that either we have only two pairs of lovers, or it just happened that some chose the same target. It could also be that the lovers are in some way impaired in the way their kill is carried out (4 couples that only get 2 kills?). Well, let's say we have two pairs lovers (or do we maybe have two teams of lovers?). I suppose they're still interested in eliminating each other as well as killing the seer (they probably don't know whether there's a seer either) and making the usual kills to improve their individual situation. That gives the intention behind the choice of the kills an additional dimension that should be considered.

We probably have no chance to accurately guess what the situation for the lovers is really like, because we have an evil moddess who came up with a scenario nobody is supposed to be able to guess. Hmph.

I think Rikae is too quick to discard the possibility that anything useful can be learned from Lalaith's and Legate's deaths. I will have a look at them later today.

I don't really like Eomer's post. His rule speculations sound very specific, and following Fea's idea yesterday that somebody who knows the rules might slip up when discussing them, this makes me wary. I'm not convinced of Eomer's percentage game, to say the least. He also explains his vote by simply agreeing with somebody else, which is the easiest way.

I'll be back later with some comments on what happened after I voted and thoughts on our kills.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:33 AM   #240
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
How are you so perky at this time of night?)
Coffee.
*yawn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Legate I'm more curious about. He had the second most amount of posts and was getting plenty of attention...so why kill him?
An awful lot of the attention he was getting seemed to run along the lines of "Legate is smart and wise and all-good and all-knowing and we should bow down and worship him in grovelling admiration." as far as I could see.
Or, for another possibility, perhaps the lovers are hopeless romantics who thought he couldn't stand to live without Lommy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I think Rikae is too quick to discard the possibility that anything useful can be learned from Lalaith's and Legate's deaths. I will have a look at them later today.
Probably true, studmuffin,, but that's all I was able to come up with - not to mention I generally don't believe a lot can be learned from kills.

I suppose it is possible we have three sets of lovers, and two picked the same person. A wacky idea suggested to me by the Venus scenario in the narration also was that the number of lover pairs might be increasing, somehow, and we could expect greater carnage in the nights to come. Now, that would be devilish - if that's not what Di's doing, perhaps I'll try it someday myself...

Last edited by Rikae; 10-29-2008 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Fixing funky formatting.