The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #481
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I still love you?
And I the two of you... to the extent that a soulless mechanical minion of the film industry is capable of such feelings.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #482
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So....this is very anti-climactic. *hums*

Okay, I confess. I'm the wolf. Please excuse me while I go raid the freezer for a Lottiepop.

EDIT: x'd. Awwww, come on, ruin my fun.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #483
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
What about you, Lottie? Like to confess too? We've got to keep our readers entertained...
Old 09-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #484
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Anyway, it's long past any sensible bedtime here. See you in the afterlife!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #485
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
What about you, Lottie? Like to confess too? We've got to keep our readers entertained...
*uses meta*

I think she's actually gone.

So, Pitch? What do you think?

(Snerk. That should keep everyone entertained for a while.)

ETA: Sorry, forgot to mention that the link isn't entirely little ghouls friendly. But darn it's funny.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 09-03-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #486
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
DL (of course). I shall now put an end to this madness.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #487
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Day 6

The day dawned with a sense of foreboding, an expectation that things would be decided definitively before the sun again set.
There were only three living persons left in the house: Pitchwife, Sally, and Loslote. It was clear early on that Sally and Lottie had made their minds up already, and nothing Pitch could say dissuaded them from their course. They were determined to see him die.

"You know what to do," said Lottie. "We've been through this enough."

"Why are you so sure I'm guilty?" asked Pitch.

"We've been over this again and again," said Sally, rolling her eyes. "No more talking."

"It doesn't make sense that Sally would be a baddie," said Lottie.

"Or Lottie, said Sally. "Guess who that leaves?"

"What if I don't want to 'go quietly'?" said Pitch with an air of menace.

Sally picked up the spray bottle of Windex again. "Don't make me use this!"

Pitch sighed. "Look. All right. I'm the last of the W.O.L.Fs. Happy now?"

"Not until you're smoking. And I don't mean cigars," said Lottie.

"Look. Let's talk a minute, all right? Want to know why all this happened in the first place?"

Neither Sally or Lottie answered, and the robot seemed to take that as its cue to continue.

"We were sent here by the studio to see what that Professor nutcase was on about now. You all didn't know that guy, but believe me, we did. He caused all kinds of problems." It looked at the others, then went on.

"Back when the LOTR movies were in production, he was just a nuisance. Sending e-mails, writing on websites about how the movies shouldn't be made. Complaining about the merchandising. After the movies were released , he went low-profile for awhile. Then, when serious work on The Hobbit movie began, he went totally off the rails." He looked at Sally and Lottie again, with a questioning air.

"Go ahead. This is interesting, I guess," said Sallly. But hurry it up."

"Well," continued the robot. "once the production for The Hobbit got into full swing, he got really crazy. He started picketing. First it was just the studio, and that wasn't a big deal."
"But then he started standing outside the house of one of the studio execs, dressed as Gandalf and waving a sign. At 2 AM. Then we didn't hear from him awhile."
"He didn't stay gone though. About a year ago he somehow snuck into the studio parking area, jumped out at one of the scriptwriters, and shot him with some contraption he called a "Neural Disruptor". It took the poor guy weeks to remember how to put his pants on again. Anyway, police got involved, but they couldn't charge him with anything but trespassing because they never found that disruptor thing. Who knows what he did with it?"

"Wow," said Lottie.

"So," continued Pitch. "They got a restraining order on him, and that was that. Then they saw that ad he'd placed, so they sent us here to stop whatever he was up to now."

"I see," said Sally.

Pitch looked at the other two.

"I'm telling you now, I'm not going into that thing. I'll make you a deal, though.
If you two just let this go, you can leave with me. I'll get you jobs."

"You're kidding!" exclaimed Sally

"Not at all. They still need people for The Hobbit movie. One of you could be Generic Elf #5, and there's an opening for Arwen's stunt double in the Battle of Five Armies."

"Arwen's in the Battle of Five Armies?" said Lottie incredulously.

"Yeah! The book had some stupid bear thing saving the day. We'll just give Arwen that part. No one will miss that bear, and Arwen is good for another $10,000.000 just by her presence. What do you say?"

"I'd say, 'Get in that chamber!'" said Sally.

"Fine," said Pitch. "That's what I get for being nice."

He lunged at Lottie and grabbed her throat. Sally yelled and tried to pull the fiend away from Lottie, but it was too strong.
Sally gripped the spray bottle and squirted the contents into the robot's eyes. That caused it to loosen its grip, and Lottie stumbled away from it.
Now Sally was its focus. It suddenly yanked the bottle out of Sally's hand and threw it. It advanced on Sally, its hands raised.

"OYRMMM" came a noise, and a blue beam of light struck Pitch's head from behind.

Lottie was there, holding something that looked like a gun, painted grey and black, but unlike any gun Sally had seen before. Lottie pointed to a label on the top of it which said "ND".

"I thought this could be that Neural Disruptor," said Lottie. I saw it the other day and thought at first it was some type of paint ball gun."

They turned their attentions to Pitch, who was now making metallic noises unconnected to speech. His arms flailed wildly. One of them struck the time machine hard and shattered part of a control panel. At that, several red lights came on around the machine and an alarm began to blare.

"Oh, gumdrop buttons!" said Lottie. "Didn't the Professor say it could blow up if it was tampered with? Now what?"

"Out of here at least!" said Sally, grabbing Lottie's hand. The latter dropped the Neural Disruptor. They ran out of the room toward the front door, as the machine began to vibrate and smoke.

When they reached the front door, they skidded to a halt, in shock.

The door to the outside was standing wide open.

"It opened! I wonder when it happened?" said Sally.

"Maybe just now," said Lottie. "It would make sense for it to open with the thing about to blow, wouldn't it? Come on!"

They sprinted outside, just as a flat "WHUMMMM" came from the house, and a blast of warm air that felt like a hand firmly pushing them in the back moved them away from the explosion.

They threw themselves on the ground beside the Professor's bus and crawled under it, as debris rained down around them.

When that threat seemed to have passed, they opened their eyes and slowly crawled out.

Fire blazed from the lower story of the house, and part of the second floor seemed to have collapsed.

"It's over," breathed Sally. "We made it."

"Yep," said Lottie. "Are the keys in that bus?"
They were.

Sally started the bus, and both began driving back to the main road.

"Well, the Professor's dream didn't happen, but those robots didn't kill us all," sighed Lottie. "Hey! This might make a good book!"

"Just don't sell the movie rights," Sally replied with a wink.

The Living
Sally (ordo)
Lottie (ordo)

The Dead
Professor Inzil (mod) Head full of knowledge cracked open Night 1
The Elf-warrior (Robot Killer) (wolf)- Fried like foil in a microwave Day 1
Shasta (ordo)- Made into a Shastacicle Night 2
Wilwa (ordo)- Found her big chance to get away from it all Day 2.
Boro (Ranger)- Learned to stop worrying and love the brick Night 3
Greenie (ordo)- Off to have fun with the Normans Day 3
Fea (ordo)- A victim of her own fashion sense (and some murderous robots) Night 4
Eomer (Robot Killer) (wolf)- Done to a turn Day 4
skip (Seer)- "Skewered like a wild boar" Night 5
Agan (Cobbler)- Became a firefighter Day 5
Nerwen (ordo)- Flying lessons were a failure Night 6
Pitchwife (Robot Killer) (wolf)- Went out with a bang Day 6.

THE END

Village wins.

Wolves lose.

Cobbler loses.

Thanks to everyone for playing! Hopefully you all had fun, and I did a passable job modding for the first time. Seer dreams and whatnot are coming. Talk away!

Last edited by Inziladun; 09-27-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: added Sally's and Lottie's roles for completeness's sake
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #488
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Meh, I couldn't just go wholesale on the last Day. Lottie, I of course never really doubted you.

Oh, and Agan, you're a sultry minx and I love you.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #489
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Thumbs up

Great work, you two!
Old 09-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #490
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Great work, you two!
And you, Ma'am!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #491
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Meh, I couldn't just go wholesale on the last Day. Lottie, I of course never really doubted you.
'Course, 'course.

And thanks to Zil for modding!

Also, Eomer, nice idea with the fake seer business.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #492
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
My condolences to my fellow W.O.L.F.S. for our narrow but inglorious defeat. Congratulations to the village for their victory. I'd also like to congratulate Inziladun for his spectacular final narration. Also, I'd like to thank our cobbler, Aganzir, for her efforts to aid our glorious cause.

If Inziladun's plan had succeeded, we would not only be deprived of Peter Jackson's films, but also Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings and the Rankin/Bass productions of The Hobbit and The Return of the King. And tell me, would not the world be a less merry place if deprived of this and this?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #493
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
If Inziladun's plan had succeeded, we would not only be deprived of Peter Jackson's films, but also Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings and the Rankin/Bass productions of The Hobbit and The Return of the King. And tell me, would not the world be a less merry place if deprived of this and this?
Do you know how badly I want that as a ringtone?

Also, I'd say I'm terribly sorry you had to go so early, but I'm not. *hugs you anyway*
Old 09-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #494
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Leaf

To be honest, I liked being able to take it easy as a stiff and just watch. I made a pretty pathetic wolf while I was alive. During the hours before the deadline I'd finally compose something, then erase it. Sorry, everybody, for my low participation.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #495
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
To be honest, I liked being able to take it easy as a stiff and just watch. I made a pretty pathetic wolf while I was alive. During the hours before the deadline I'd finally compose something, then erase it. Sorry, everybody, for my low participation.
Ah, but now we have the term "Drive-by Fenris", which I hadn't heard before, if we'd invented it.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #496
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Ah, but now we have the term "Drive-by Fenris", which I hadn't heard before, if we'd invented it.
Should it go in the Glossary?

By the way, I just realised I forgot to put "Fenris" in!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #497
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Should it go in the Glossary?

By the way, I just realised I forgot to put "Fenris" in!
Dooooo it.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:27 AM   #498
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Very enjoyable game! Congratulations to the village - especially those left near the end, whose eyes no wool could be pulled over.

Will post more thoughts later. Also: very nice concept Iziladun.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:25 AM   #499
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yeah, that was a fun game! Sally, you came good on your promise and I salute you for that! Kudos to the ladies finishing the job off, though I felt you could've gone for Pitch right away and Nerwen wouldn't have had to die. But that cobbler was seriously pesky and I don't blame you for doing away with her first. Will post more too...
Old 09-04-2010, 06:02 AM   #500
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Yeah, that was a fun game! Sally, you came good on your promise and I salute you for that! Kudos to the ladies finishing the job off, though I felt you could've gone for Pitch right away and Nerwen wouldn't have had to die.
Well, it was I that made the decision to vote Agan. I thought Pitch was the more likely wolf, but Lottie was talking about lynching Agan, and I was afraid of our votes crossing.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:10 AM   #501
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I'm quite proud of myself for NOT protecting a wolf this time, usually I make a terrible ranger and guard more wolves than innocents.

Guard 1, there was a wolf in there, I narrowed it down to Eomer or Fea. Eomer is usually a more likely early kill, but decided with how voting ended up everyone would assume Fea was soooo innocent and since she only talked about high heels, thought best guard her.

Guard 2, Skip I saw your "I thought they were going to come for me," and fortunately I wasn't a wolf, because from that post on, I basically thought you were the seer and I would protect you at night. Evil, evil wolves kill me instead.
Quite a fabulous game and standard. A good combination, Inzil.

Good game everyone. (And Agan, my armpit pickle was no hint, I was just having fun rolling with the jokes. Now a few posts later with my "I'm going to sit in a sketchy, unlit corner" that was a direct hint. )
Old 09-04-2010, 06:21 AM   #502
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Oh, and Agan, you're a sultry minx and I love you.
Love you too even though you have no idea how much trouble you caused me. I was seriously flip-flopping on whether you were a wolf or not.

Quote:
Also, I'd like to thank our cobbler, Aganzir, for her efforts to aid our glorious cause.
You're welcome, despite the fact that the only thing I could in the end do was to make the game a day longer. I was so sorry you were lynched on day 1 - but at least I was happy I didn't vote for you. I had no idea who was a wolf so I simply decided to go for someone quiet.

Quote:
But that cobbler was seriously pesky and I don't blame you for doing away with her first.

Thanks for the game, Inzil! I really enjoyed playing, and being the cobbler was so much fun even if I was clueless most of the time. I was convinced wilwa was a wolf and did my best to save her, and in the end I was calculating who I could get lynched instead and voted for Eomer because I thought Pitch and sally might do it too. Right after hitting the Submit button I regretted my decision and thought I should have voted for Lottie instead (she looked far more innocent than Eomer), but luckily Pitch was late. You did a good job wolves, sorry I couldn't be of more help. And congratulations to the village, of course.

As for skip... I thought he might be the seer (I was 99% sure he was innocent, though) from the way he posted, but he didn't say anything downright seerish about people so I thought I'd just try to lynch him. But I wasn't convinced until the day Eomer died - his calmness and reluctance to fight with me did it. Why waste your time defending yourself when you can do it in considerably less time by saying "I'm the seer"?

Last edited by Aganzir; 09-04-2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: xed with Boro
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:29 AM   #503
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
And Agan, my armpit pickle was no hint, I was just having fun rolling with the jokes.
I didn't think it was, I was just trying to make as much noise as possible and get people to concentrate on trivial stuff. I quite liked it that you wrote two long posts where you only talked about your playing style the day before you died.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #504
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Guard 2, Skip I saw your "I thought they were going to come for me," and fortunately I wasn't a wolf, because from that post on, I basically thought you were the seer and I would protect you at night. Evil, evil wolves kill me instead.
Quite a fabulous game and standard. A good combination, Inzil.
Ah good, I did hope for some ranger-protection after that vote for EW who I indeed dreamed of. That comment was also meant as a bluff as far as I can remember, as I hoped the wolves would think the real Seer wouldn't be so forthright in his relief of waking up unscathed. After that I started to drop cobbler-hints in the hope that the village wouldn't lynch me because of accusations of cobblery and that the wolves wouldn't night-kill me because they though I was an ally. Seemed to work a charm until Agan, the actual cobbler, started her witch-hunt...
Edit: And I did enjoy that analysis that pointed out each cobbler-hint in a very incriminating manner. But since I wanted everyone to believe I probably was the cobbler I was reluctant to defend myself properly.

Was hoping that the village would lynch Eomer without my help, and that I'd get a good chance of surviving another Day and finishing the game myself and gloat a bit over it. Wasn't to be though, but all's well that ends well...

Last edited by skip spence; 09-04-2010 at 07:01 AM.
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #505
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Actually I'm pretty interested in knowing what the wolves thought about the cobbler. How long did it take you to spot me, or did you think it was skip?
Old 09-04-2010, 07:31 AM   #506
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Night Picks and Kills

Night 1:
Seer Dream--> The Elf-warrior

Night 2:
Seer Dream--> Greenie
Ranger Save--> Fea
Wolf-kill--> Shasta

Night 3:
Seer Dream--> Nerwen
Ranger Save--> skip
Wolf-kill--> Boro

Night 4:
Seer Dream--> Sally
Wolf-kill--> Fea

Night 5:
Seer Dream--> Pitch
Wolf-kill--> skip

Night 6:
Wolf-kill--> Nerwen
Old 09-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #507
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
My condolences to my fellow W.O.L.F.S. for our narrow but inglorious defeat. Congratulations to the village for their victory. I'd also like to congratulate Inziladun for his spectacular final narration. Also, I'd like to thank our cobbler, Aganzir, for her efforts to aid our glorious cause.
I knew the wolves were behind right out of the gate when skip decided to dream of you, but I was incredulous when they lynched you without that even being a factor!
I think this is the first game I've seen in quite a while where a Seer did so much damage to the wolves without having to reveal.
The wolves recovered fairly well, I thought, despite skip's methodical dream choices and Boro's nailing the Seer on his second save. Their killing Boro was pretty sharp. I thought the baddies had a real chance then, what with two wolves and a loud, fearless Cobbler still there. It was after Eomer bought it that things really went downhill for them. Poor Pitch got pounced on by Lottie and Sally, and those two just wouldn't let up!

I'm glad you all enjoyed the narrations. Coming into this, I was thinking they would be the toughest part of modding for me, but I had a lot of fun writing them.

Quote:
I actually like the Rankin/Bass cartoons! There's a lot of nostalgia there, since I remember seeing them when I was very young.

Long-time (or maybe other) members might recognize the impetus of the plot: my railing against the PJ movies way back in 2000-2001 on this site. To this day, I'm not a fan of them.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #508
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
*mutters just a teensy bit*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #509
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I'll just repeat that the girls and the seer at the end really knew what they were doing. Good stuff!

So Elf-Warrior was dreamed, eh? I really couldn't believe how unlucky we were with that, and sorry you got to play only one day, EW! First time as wolf, too. Well, keep playing because there's always a next time.

I didn't feel as if I was being very suspicious, but everyone seemed to see through me. I've been wondering if I was being careless, as I was very busy in RL during this game but still tried to play as much as possible. Unfortunately, I come across as suspicious in every game so it's not easy!

Should probably explain the kills. Well, I want to give extra congratulations to Skip here, because until the day I got lynched I had absolutely no idea who the seer was. Groping in the dark, you could say. Really a tremendous Seer performance, man. Combine that with our highly skilled Ordos and the village made for an efficient wolf-slaying team.

Thought it might be Boro; thought it might be Fea. Shasta was really a long shot, for that first kill choice, and I have to say that I pushed it because I know that Shasta always winds up suspecting me. Thought it might make things easier for me down the line, but there you go. You kill one adept wolf-spotter and 5 more jump into his place.

Yeah, this was no village a wolf could have much hope in, despite the always entertaining efforts of our esteemed cobbler.

Really fun. I should play more often.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #510
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Lovely game, everyone! This was an impressive village to be pitted against, and you three ladies were awesome in the end. Sorry for depriving you of the endgame glory, Nerwen - I just felt sally and Lottie had worked together so well, they deserved to win together. (Besides, I of course intended that sally should wonder why she was left alive, hoping thus to sow some doubt - for a moment it almost looked like it might work, but no such luck.)
Ironically, we had seriously considered all three of you for being Night-killed at some time or the other earlier in the game; heck, I even suggested skip as a trailless kill on Night 2! But none of it was carried out.

Dear packmates, it was a pleasure to hunt with you! I enjoyed our Nightly discussions and think Eomer and I complemented each other nicely. (If anybody's interested, I've saved all our PMs and can post them some time.) It certainly sucked to lose TEW so early, and being left as a lone wolf was tough for me - I didn't think my chances were too shiny, but put up a fight as best I could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEW
During the hours before the deadline I'd finally compose something, then erase it.
Sounds familiar - I'm a bit of a pathological overthinker myself.

Thanks to Agan for some dedicated cobblery, and sorry we didn't make it; certainly not your fault, you did very well. I had a feeling from rather early on that you weren't going to be a threat to us, but as for who actually was our cobbler, we were about as much in the dark as with the seer. Your arguments for skip as the cobbler were quite convincing for a while, but after I had read up the Day 4 discussions, I finally knew it had to be you (and was much pleased).

skip, great seering! You did a marvellous job escaping us for so long, getting two of the pack lynched and more or less pinning the last. Kudos!

Thanks to Professor Zil for modding such a well-planned and -handled first game. I loved your concept and narrations (once I got over being forced to work for Peter Jackson!), and I'm looking forward to your next one.

Thanks to everybody else for playing. And Shasta, don't take it too hard and be a graceful winner! Someone has to be the first kill; and why you - well, you'd suspected me, and Eomer said you had a long history of suspecting him, so you might become a danger. That's it.

PS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
So, Pitch? What do you think?
If she were blue and ten feet tall and had a tail, I might be tempted.

(x-ed with Eomer)
Old 09-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #511
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
(If anybody's interested, I've saved all our PMs and can post them some time.)
Ooh! Ooh! I'm interested!

This game was really, really weird in that I didn't suspect anyone until Eomer and Greenie, and I only tried to kill one innocent (Greenie) - a first for me, I think.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #512
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

When skip voted for me, I thought he simply had a good nose for evil, not that he was the seer.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #513
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hey, everyone, I don't know the protocol for non-players posting after a game, but I'd like to say that that game was awesome. This was the first WW game that I've ever followed that I wasn't a part of, and I must say, it was quite entertaining.

Inzil, your narrations were excellent and very much fun to read.

I was floored when I saw you all get a wolf that first day. Wow. I thought Eomer was innocent for sure. As you weren't, Eomer, I'm curious - why did you target Greenie so consistantly? Did you think to double bluff everybody into thinking you COULDN'T be a wolf if you had targetted an innocent person? I was really sad when the ranger was killed.

And those were my general reactions to what little of the game I saw (mostly I just saw end of days, narrations, and beginning of days.

If it's not allowed for non-players to post, I'm sorry.

-- Foley
Old 09-05-2010, 02:48 AM   #514
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Also, Eomer, nice idea with the fake seer business.
Hi Loslote. Brain's not really functioning - can you remind me what this was about?

To answer Folwren, I knew voting for Green 3 days in a row would draw attention, but then I did think I could put suspicion on her (and it did work). It just worked out that the village decided 'her or me'.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #515
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I didn't feel as if I was being very suspicious, but everyone seemed to see through me. I've been wondering if I was being careless, as I was very busy in RL during this game but still tried to play as much as possible. Unfortunately, I come across as suspicious in every game so it's not easy!
I didn't really suspect you the first few days, well less so than others in any case, and I think you did well. It was only my last Day alive I became convinced of your (and Pitch's) guilt, but that was by methods of elimination more than you doing something particularly wolfish.
Quote:
Really a tremendous Seer performance, man.
Thanks, mate!
Quote:
Yeah, this was no village a wolf could have much hope in, despite the always entertaining efforts of our esteemed cobbler.
Yeah Agan was great. Bet she would have loved to bring victory to the wolves as a cobbler after being told that the cobbler isn't so important and how we shouldn't focus on her. And that came pretty close to happening for a while. And did no-one but me notice how Agan constantly referred to the cobbler as she?
Old 09-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #516
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
I didn't really suspect you the first few days, well less so than others in any case, and I think you did well. It was only my last Day alive I became convinced of your (and Pitch's) guilt, but that was by methods of elimination more than you doing something particularly wolfish.

Thanks, mate!

Yeah Agan was great. Bet she would have loved to bring victory to the wolves as a cobbler after being told that the cobbler isn't so important and how we shouldn't focus on her. And that came pretty close to happening for a while. And did no-one but me notice how Agan constantly referred to the cobbler as she?
Agan always does that.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #517
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Hi Loslote. Brain's not really functioning - can you remind me what this was about?
Where you pointed out my "Gifted hints" and tried to frame me as a wolf about to fake a seer reveal. It was very clever, and actually could have been done by an innocent.

Quote:
And did no-one but me notice how Agan constantly referred to the cobbler as she?
I did, but decided the cobbler wouldn't have been so bold. Plus, Agan is always weird when it comes to cobblers.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #518
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Unfortunately, no-one bought it.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #519
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I didn't feel as if I was being very suspicious, but everyone seemed to see through me.
You were just being your normal self.

Quote:
(If anybody's interested, I've saved all our PMs and can post them some time.)
Yes!

Quote:
I had a feeling from rather early on that you weren't going to be a threat to us
I'm usually not much of a threat to the wolves, regardless of my role. I have a cobbler instinct.

Quote:
I loved your concept and narrations (once I got over being forced to work for Peter Jackson!), and I'm looking forward to your next one.
Me too, my first thought when I saw my role was "But but but does this mean I'm on Peter Jackson's side?"

Quote:
And Shasta, don't take it too hard and be a graceful winner! Someone has to be the first kill
It's just that when he started playing, he was the first kill for... like a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I don't know the protocol for non-players posting after a game, but I'd like to say that that game was awesome.
I don't think anybody minds it - on the contrary, it's nice to know people are interested in our misfortunes.

Quote:
Bet she would have loved to bring victory to the wolves as a cobbler after being told that the cobbler isn't so important and how we shouldn't focus on her.
Of course, but it would have been even better to get the seer lynched.

Quote:
I did, but decided the cobbler wouldn't have been so bold. Plus, Agan is always weird when it comes to cobblers.
Hey I also referred to the seer as she! But it doesn't really matter if the cobbler is bold or not - if you had been convinced it was me, you would've had two options: to let me live and potentially aid the wolves, or waste a lynch on me. It's a win-win for the cobbler.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #520
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Behind the Scenes... Night One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEW
Re: Wolvery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Aye, aye.
I haven't been a wolf in a long time, and I also haven't been lynched in a long time - all my recent games I've been killed by wolves in the first 2 nights. So I've no idea how I'm going to fare in this game!
I look forward to working with you.
Eomer.
Hello, lycanthropes. This is my first time being a wolf. Most of the times I play, I get lynched, although recently I was eaten at night. I have doubts about how well I will fare in this game. I welcome your all's advice. Predatoriously yours,

The Elf-warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Hail (or rather howl) packmates!

Pleased to be teamed up with you, as I haven't played that much with either of you - so I'm looking forward to the experience, and I think we'll make a nice pack.

This is my third game as a wolf; got seer-dreamed and lynched in the first, survived and won the second (IIRC Eomer was an innocent in one and TEW in the other). We'll see how this one turns out.

Since you're asking for advice, TEWie - what tends to work best for me is controlled schizophrenia, i.e. trying to fool myself into believing I'm an ordo and acting accordingly during the Day as much as I can. Not that I always succeed in this, of course.

Also, some wolf-on-wolf is OK as long as you can do it convincingly, i.e. without using contrived arguments and looking like you know more about your packmates than you're supposed to as an innocent.

Finally, if I get into trouble, I don't expect you to climb out on a limb to save me; keep your paws clean and see to your own survival. We wolves should be comfortable with natural selection, shouldn't we?

That's my two farthings' worth on the matter of wolvery, anyway; but I'm sure Eomer has more experience in the tricks of the trade, if not as recent.

We're expecting guests for supper tonight, and I've got some cooking to do, so I won't be around much in the next couple of hours, but I'll try to pop in again later in the evening, if you'd like to discuss anything further.

Lupine greetings,
Pitchwolf
Quote:
wolving is fun
Hi packmates,
Good advice, Pitch. To this, for Elf-Warrior, I would also add, simply, have fun! Being a wolf is great! You get to eat tons of fresh flesh.
Just try to assess each other as objectively as possible, and chances are that one of us at least will go far.
Good luck!
Eomer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEW
Thanks for the advice, Pitchwife and Eomer. I'm gonna leave for work in a few hours, but I'll be back not that long after Day 1 starts. Best of wolfing,
The Elf-warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Re: wolving is fun
Quote:
Being a wolf is great! You get to eat tons of fresh flesh.
...unless you prey on weightwatchers.
But yeah, you'll love it, TEW; it's a way of life.

See you both toMorrow (a little past Noonish, when I come home from work). Till then, good luck!

Pitchwolf