The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #81
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I have to vote now, because I'm close to falling asleep at my desk.

Here are my thoughts so far:

Gil-Galad - Maybe just Gil as he is, maybe not. I don't have an opinion on him yet.

JennyHallu - Quite suspicious to me. Maybe trying to look helpful without really making any points.

Volo - Weird in an innocent way.

Kitanna - Still thingy to me. Her one real post looks good from the outside, but not on second look.

Naria - Didn't show up yet.

Glirdan - Isn't here yet. We'll see tomorrow.

Briseis - Didn't show up yet.

Rikae - Pretty innocent to me.

Folwren - the same.

Rune - Don't know what to make of him yet.

Thinlómien - I've read through her posts once more, and I'm not so certain anymore. There are things that look thingy, but I keep thinking that she would act differently if she really was a thing.

Nogrod - Finally came up with the interesting stuff. I agree with it, so I'm leaning toward innocent with him.

Menel - I'm leaning toward innocent, but not decisively.

Eonwe - Didn't show up yet.

So my suspects are Kitanna, Jenny and Lommy.
It doesn't seem like Kitanna is going to get a majority of votes, so voting for her makes no sense to me.
Jenny or Lommy, Lommy or Jenny...

Hunch:

++Lommy
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #82
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Ahoy!

At this point, I be considerin' the idea that Macalaure is a Thing, but mostly this be dependin' on whether or not Rikae is a Thing. As I've said, it be common practice for a Thing to subtly warn another Thing that they be lookin' suspicious so as to remind 'em not to make mistakes. However, the way he be defendin' her now, it be unlikely that he be a Thing unless they both are. I be reservin' me judgement fer now.

Me top suspects be Lommy and JennyHallu, fer reasons already mentioned.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:35 PM   #83
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
One thing that has stuck with me ever since the beginning was

Gil-Galad - contributes in small posts

that has always been true don't a suspicon on me would not be strong on that biase

for the most part, my suspicions stick with Rune, he took my post and downplayed it to his advantage, so if he is the thing then by drawing less attention to my post he slips underneath the radar for the time being.

but alas nobody really pays much attention to me so i'll just be popping in time and time again.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #84
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
I'm here, finally I have had a RL bad, bad day. I will have to read through everything that has been said so far.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #85
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It's about 2Am here and I need to try and get some sleep.

My primary suspect and vote for now is

++ Jenny Hallu

for the reasons stated on my posts #58 and #73. I have indeed checked the TIGJ-thread and even that it somewhat does not belong to the arguments of this game here, I found no actual post where Jenny would have been questioning exactly the conditions of a a Ranger getting between a Thing-attack. So she knew it otherwise?

But more importantly, her way of posting has made me to suspect her: just being under radar while still posting and jumping on a chance with bad or non-existent reasons. That's the way the villains work. The innocents turn around and reconsider to the frustrating unknowledgeness (or non-hunchness) even at the last corner if they feel they are making the wrong decision... but she was more than happy to join a promising wagon, not thinking of the possible problems involved.

Of the others, I might make the following list - and that surely is the list of only toDay - as the role of one will change overNight.

Innocent:
Folwren

Probably innocent:
Rune
Kitanna
Meneltarmacil

No hunch whatsoever:
Naria
Briseis

Don't know / hard to say, suspecting a bit:
Rikae
Lommy

A bit suspicious of:
Macalaure
Glirdan
Gil-Galad

Actually suspicious of:
Volo
Eonwe
Jenny

PS.1
Eonwe: I know you might be in the wrong place here. Just show me I'm wrong...

PS.2
I'm not sure what to make of your last post Gil. It looks like innocent enough - and even reasonable enough - but as unfair it is, you can't escape the legacy of your forefathers. I'm ready to move you towards the less-suspicious end of my summary by your post but that is nothing certain or permanent. You will have to take a stance and stand with it to really to make people believe in you being one who should live... I mean, if you contribute very little, no one notices if you're not with us, but if you really try to make the difference, many of us will give you the benefit of doubt as you contribute to ther general discussion... Could you think of it this way for a while?

I hope to see some thoughts by you Naria too... Good to see you are involved as well...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #86
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I had been leaning towards voting for Lommy, but rereading the posts it seems like she is being condemned primarily for being suspicious of me, and I'm not sure that's a solid reason since rereading my first post, since I can see how it does look suspicious. It occurs to me that an innocent Lommy would be an asset to the village. I'm not saying I don't suspect her, I'm just wondering whether I, and the others who accused her, were not being hasty.
There are also new questions in my mind. Why does Mac say he agrees with Nogrod, when Nogrod has said that Mac looked suspicious? And why did Nogrod want Volo not to vote for Mac?
Perhaps when Nogrod says the things were laughing in the shadows, he knows of what he speaks? He also seems to have a tendency, since he showed up today, to group Lommy, Mac and I together more than our being the most active posters this morning would warrant. What I mean is, he seems to be pushing the idea that "all three are innocent" to a degree that suggests he is trying to hide something in that grouping. Just a possibility, nothing more - but I may have been wrong about Mac's remark to Lommy making them both look suspicious - it would also make sense if only Mac was a thing.

EDIT- X posted with Nogrod
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #87
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I am back!

But there has been posted in an obsene amount, so it will probably take a while before a make a "real" post.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #88
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I take it logical thinking makes you uneasy? I'd have to disagree with you there - I find illogical posts far more unsettling.
You misunderstand. I was never trying to use that against you. I was stating you were thinking logically and nothing more.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #89
Briseis

Okay I have gone through everyone's posts and yeah, I'm no closer to figuring out who's what than I was at the start. In fact, I'm even more confused. I will vote though and it will go to

++ Glirdan

Sorry, I really have no idea right now.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:39 PM   #90
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
OK, first a post about things that consernes me. . .

To Mac:
Jenny knows my sleeping habbits and that was what she was refering to. I might not be up at the deadline, but I will normaly be around untill 3 hours before.

Nogrod is making me a bit uneasy, his argument that Jenny is a thing because she knows the rules. . . seems un Nogrod to jump to such conlutions. I also think that he read things in my previouse posts that was not intended at all. . .
It seemed like he was twisting my words a bit (with out really being accusatory), then he puts me on his inocent list. It really confuses me and might make me vote Nogrod.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #91
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I was getting to sleep but happened to check this one...

Now this is ridiculous. The thing the things will love!

Just look at the voting so far:

Lommy -> Rikae (Rikae1)
Gil -> Rune (Rikae1, Rune1)
Volo -> Mac (Rikae1, Rune1, Mac1)
Volo -> - Mac / + Nogrod (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1)
Glirdy ->Briseis (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1, Briseis1)
Mac -> Lommy (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1, Briseis1, Lommy1)
Nogrod -> Jenny (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1, Briseis1, Lommy1)
Briseis -> Glirdy (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1, Briseis1, Lommy1, Glirdy1)

Just great! Nice!

But if we can pick the beginners or the safeties, then no problem... But if we can.

Rune dont make that mistake... *my keyboard suddenly started acting in it\s own way and I will have to close the thing to get it working normally again... if that is possible*

Think about the whole of the Day, not the way the thingies try to twist it at this point, knowing I\m going to be off/line soon & right now... And please read what I said> it is not only that Jenny knew the rules, there was much other things more pressing than that *#58 and#73*. They were the principal reasons...

Sorry this machine doesn\t allow me to select any part of text right now. *The right pointer of the mouse is not working( I try to cokme back with the @last word@ before I go to sleep...
Old 10-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #92
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Lommy started with a crash and a bang of accusing Rikae of being suspicious. She continued to say that Rikae was getting less and less suspicious in her eyes, but then finishes her Day 1 career by voting for her. It’s an irksome thing, it really is. That’s what she did to me last time and I dislike it.
But Lommy said this:
Quote:
She seems to be the most suspicious this far. Ironically, the more I read her posts, the less I suspect her, but as there's no one other I suspect, I "must" vote her.
So would you rather have had Lommy just pull off a random name or go with the one person she had the slightest suspicion of?

I see there was a bit of a back and forth between Nogrod and Jenny and then Nogrod and Volo. There's something in that trio that I find suspicious, but I can't quite explain. I have only a little bit of time now, but for Day Two I will be able to examine and give reasons for my uneasy feeling. Unfortunately time is against me.

So, it is now vote time for me.

++ Macalaure

I have moved Rikae my other main suspect farther down. She is still my second suspect, but as I said with each post I suspect her a little less. Mac on the other hand I haven't been given a reason to suspect him less.
Quote:
Quote:
Mac still seems to be simultaneously trying to draw attention to me and to paint himself as my supporter, and I find it strange, to say the least.
Rikae, please, tell me, how can I defend myself from drawing attention towards you without drawing attention to you while I do so? It's not possible!
You brought attention to her in your second post (#12), that helped throw Rikae into the village eye. In your third post (#13) you discount what Lommy said about Rikae, keeping her in the spotlight while "defending" her not "thought all the way through" reasoning. In your fourth post (#15) you defend your own actions and natural reaction. But in your fifth post (#20) you continue to use Rikae and your points about her as your own defense, still keeping Rikae at the fore front of everyone's thoughts, but making sure everyone knows you don't find her overly guilty. In your sixth post (#27) there's another natural response to what Rikae said in response to you.
Quote:
It wasn't my intention to cast a bad light on you. After this post, I'm rather fond of your innocence actually. Also note that I defended you against Lommy.
Yet more defense of Rikae, reminding us if something bad should happen to her, hey look who thought she was innocent all along. Your seventh post (#30) was (aside from the first post) the only one so far not bringing up Rikae in some way or another. In your eighth post (#43) more defense of Rikae, when you've made yourself perfectly clear already. The ninth post is really nothing more than a dispute over the rules and role of the Ranger. Tenth post (#63) again, defending himself and Rikae, pushing her into the spotlight and using her as an almost human shield against attacks on himself. Eleventh post (#72) finally a post about other villagers with no mention of Rikae. However he gives little by way of suspcions. Twelfth post (#75) I quoted above where he asks Rikae to say how he could not bring her up. Thirteenth post (#77) defense of himself over following Folwren's thinking on Lommy. Fourteenth post (#81) lists everyone and votes for Lommy. Last post so far.
Soooo, out of fourteen posts nine contain some reference to Rikae, often times restating what has been said by Mac over and over again. Two of those nine seemed like natural responses, that most anyone would have had. I worry about Mac because he has been putting Rikae in the spotlight and keeping ehr there, while at the same time trying to completely cover his own tracks. Look at Mac's defenses almost all defense posts (which there are quite a few) center around Rikae. I feel he is pushing her forward and drawing many eyes to her, but at the same time telling us all to think she's innocent. This way should she be lynched and found innocent he will look good by being her defender from the get go. I smell a piggy-backing Thing in that whole setup.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #93
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

Well, time be drawing near, I believe. Arr, I'll vote now.

++Thinlomien

That be all for now, me hearties. Arrrrrrr.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #94
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm really sorry, and though I feel pretty rotten suspecting someone for defending me, I do. Fon a number of reasons I've already explained, I think I'm reluctantly going to cast my vote for ++Macalaure
Old 10-10-2006, 06:21 PM   #95
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Nogrod I know that you had other issues with Jenny and I have some my self. . .Infact her first two post made me very confused. I just seem to detect a change in you and it is as good as any case I can make agains Lommy, Mac, Volo or Jenny.

I think Mac acted weird in the begining and Jenny confused me with her first post as I could not see any reason behind them. You seem to read to much into what people say today and ingeneral seem to have changed compared to how I have expirienced you earlier. - not much, but this is day 1 so it will have to do.

++Nogrod

Old 10-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #96
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Soooo, out of fourteen posts nine contain some reference to Rikae, often times restating what has been said by Mac over and over again. Two of those nine seemed like natural responses, that most anyone would have had. I worry about Mac because he has been putting Rikae in the spotlight and keeping ehr there, while at the same time trying to completely cover his own tracks. Look at Mac's defenses almost all defense posts (which there are quite a few) center around Rikae. I feel he is pushing her forward and drawing many eyes to her, but at the same time telling us all to think she's innocent. This way should she be lynched and found innocent he will look good by being her defender from the get go. I smell a piggy-backing Thing in that whole setup.
Oh, for heaven's sake!! He was being accused on account of what he had said concerning Rikae!! Of course he's got to bring her up in his posts if people are suspecting him because of something he wrote in reply to something she said.

Look, if I said something about Nogrod and people misunderstood what I said, I'd say something like 'I didn't mean that. I didn't even say that. What I said was, Nogrod etc.' Of course Noggy's name would come up in my post!!

And about defending himself, he's got every right in the world. I was killed (killed, do you hear?) last time I played this because I defended myself. I will not stand by and let someone be lynched just because they make a defence. Rikae may have come up in his posts, but only because the defense he had to make was having to do with posts he had previously made concerning her.

Consider - we others have used her name plenty of times!! Are YOU trying to put the spotlight on her?

By the way, I'm back.

Quote:
So would you rather have had Lommy just pull off a random name or go with the one person she had the slightest suspicion of?
No, not a random name. Someone who had posted before. Someone who she knew wasn't going to add much good to the game. She didn't trully believe Rikae was guilty. If she did, she shouldn't have said what she did about her suspecting her less and less and less as she read her posts.

Nogrod is right. We've managed the spread the votes out a great deal today. A great deal. And we've probably made the Things very happy with our arguments over Rikae.

-- Jack
Old 10-10-2006, 06:46 PM   #97
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
I haven't much time to spend online right now. I have read through everything and I find

++ Lommy

to be the most suspicious. Her vote is odd, to say the least, very unlommyish. Yes one could argue that she has bad internet connections, but I don't buy it. She has had bad connections before and has managed to get back on at some point during the Day. She is usually very helpful and this time...not at all. Not to mention that the one she voted for was becoming less and less of a threat to her at the time of her vote. Rikae is standing out in this crowd and that will have to be looked at further.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:21 PM   #98
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rereading the thread yet again, I'm inclined to see Mac as less thingish than I had thought. I can see an innocent behaving the way he has, out a combination of the natural desire to defend himself and the sincere wish to protect another innocent.

I'm going to switch my vote to my other top suspect, and if in doing so I am jumping on a bandwagon, well, she did advocate bandwagons herself.
--Mac
++Lommy
Old 10-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #99
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I finally managed to reboot my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Lommy -> Rikae (Rikae1)
Gil -> Rune (Rikae1, Rune1)
Volo -> Mac (Rikae1, Rune1, Mac1)
Volo -> - Mac / + Nogrod (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1)
Glirdy ->Briseis (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1, Briseis1)
Mac -> Lommy (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1, Briseis1, Lommy1)
Nogrod -> Jenny (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1, Briseis1, Lommy1, Jenny1)
Briseis -> Glirdy (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1, Briseis1, Lommy1, Glirdy1, Jenny1)
Kitanna -> Mac (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1, Briseis1, Lommy1, Glirdy1, Mac1, Jenny1)
Menel -> Lommy (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1, Briseis1, Lommy2, Glirdy1, Mac1, Jenny1)
Rikae -> Mac (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod1, Briseis1, Lommy2, Glirdy1, Mac2, Jenny1)
Rune -> Nogrod (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod2, Briseis1, Lommy2, Glirdy1, Mac2, Jenny1)
Naria -> Lommy (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod2, Briseis1, Lommy3, Glirdy1, Mac2, Jenny1)
Rikae -> - Mac / + Lommy (Rikae1, Rune1, Nogrod2, Briseis1, Lommy4, Glirdy1, Mac1, Jenny1)
But let's also see the reasons...

1. Lommy for Rikae: an early vote, defending the vote by Rikae being the most suspicious even though she is a newbie...

2. Gil for Rune: no definitive reason given, except occupation foolery. Later he came back to ground his vote.

3. Volo for Mac: "Ok, this might be nearly as random as Gil's vote, but here it goes." Still explaining it with Mac explaining too much...

4. Volo changing his vote from Mac to Nogrod: "I'm just a newcomer trying to learn to play, I'm not even so far as the style. I think I have enough reason to change my vote:
--Macalaure ++Nogrod
And before you accuse me again, wrongly, I'm off!" (just read his posts #61 and #66...)

5. Glirdy for Briseis: "Ahhh! These time zone differences. I must vote now and I shall say that it is completely and utterly random. I do not have time to go over all the posts because I just got home and I have major homework tonight.
So, here it goes. Taking the name of the person closest to the top of the alphabet and voting."

6. Mac for Lommy: Because of the suspicions built up during the Day.

7. Nogrod for Jenny: Because of the things that made him suspicious of her the whole Day long

8. Briseis for Glirdy: "Okay I have gone through everyone's posts and yeah, I'm no closer to figuring out who's what than I was at the start. In fact, I'm even more confused... Sorry, I really have no idea right now."

9. Kitanna for Mac: suspecting the trio of Nogrod, Jenny and Volo but voting for Mac and saying Rikae is her second suspect....

10. Menel for Lommy: "That be all for now, me hearties. Arrrrrrr."

11.Rikae for Mac: "I'm really sorry, and though I feel pretty rotten suspecting someone for defending me, I do. Fon a number of reasons I've already explained, I think I'm reluctantly going to cast my vote"

12. Rune for Nogrod: "You seem to read to much into what people say today and ingeneral seem to have changed compared to how I have expirienced you earlier. - not much, but this is day 1 so it will have to do."

13. Naria for Lommy: "I have read through everything and I find ++ Lommy
to be the most suspicious. Her vote is odd, to say the least, very unlommyish. Yes one could argue that she has bad internet connections, but I don't buy it. She has had bad connections before and has managed to get back on at some point during the Day. She is usually very helpful and this time...not at all."

14. Rikae changing her vote from Mac to Lommy "I'm going to switch my vote to my other top suspect, and if in doing so I am jumping on a bandwagon, well, she did advocate bandwagons herself."
Old 10-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #100
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

Wait, I must have been confused as to when the deadline was. I believe we have until 11:00 me time, not 9:00 as I thought. Must have been all that rum...

Anyhow, Nogrod doesn't present the appearance of a Thing to me. He seems pretty normal, at least now.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:40 PM   #101
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

(cross-posted the above post with Nogrod)

Nogrod, ye might not want to list me piratical banter as a reason fer suspicion there. I've been over Lommy before, and already stated why I be suspicious of her. (the contradiction between her vote for Rikae and subsequent statement of "she's becoming less suspicious" seemed like an attempt to cover her tracks)
Old 10-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #102
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
(Day ends in 2 hours and 18 minutes)
Old 10-10-2006, 07:47 PM   #103
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Reading stuff and considering things, I'm finding Kitanna rather questionable. She leaps all over Mac for something I can't see at all - his trying to get Rikae in the spotlight constantly. I just can't see it. I don't think he meant to and his posts didn't come across to me as such.

Lommy at least accused Rikae for stuff that was actually in her posts. She didn't necessarily twist the words - she took them too seriously and in the wrong light, maybe, but she didn't have as long to consider, nor as much of the day to read over as Kitanna has.

Those two are my highest suspects now. I need to think over both of them. I sincerely hope that Kitanna posts again before I have to vote to say something in her defense. I don't have long, Kitanna. . .

-- Jack
Old 10-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #104
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well. Take this the way you will. I know exactly who have not voted yet and who have. And I have a strong feeling about different people who might be online to change their votes still.

I just don't believe Lommy is a thing and I know I am not one. So I will not try to save my own neck by changing my vote to Lommy.

My primary suspect is still Jenny. She has to vote still... and I know the danger I'm in with this. But if she machinates my death you shall know whom to kill the next Day so there is no problem there. I may die, but you know then who to blame. You will know the truth with the very message that reveals you the situation toMorrow morning.

So I will go to sleep, at last...
Old 10-10-2006, 08:03 PM   #105
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren

Those two are my highest suspects now. I need to think over both of them. I sincerely hope that Kitanna posts again before I have to vote to say something in her defense. I don't have long, Kitanna. . .
I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for. 18 minutes is not a lot of time for me to defend my position.

Oops I read Valier post wrong, I see we have TWO HOURS and 18 minutes. Well then give me a few minutes to find the best way to clarify my point.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:05 PM   #106
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Btw. If I have not said it loud and clear enough, then I can do it now.

Jenny is my number one suspect.

Volo is my second.

Then there is some argument, but Rune might be either mislead or then a baddie and Eonwe I'm really worried about, even though he has not posted anything - or just because of that.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #107
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Oops I read Valier post wrong, I see we have TWO HOURS and 18 minutes. Well then give me a few minutes to find the best way to clarify my point.
Well, do try to hurry. I don't know if Mom'll let me come back to the computer tonight and I've just been called away. I'll try hard, but I can't make a promise, and I don't want to vote until Kitanna's made her defence.

-- Jack
Old 10-10-2006, 08:12 PM   #108
Kitanna
Child of the West

It's hard to explain exactly what I'm getting, but I'm going to try my best.

Obviously after Mac's intentional defense of Rikae one or two posts defending his stand on it is expected, it'd be highly questionable if he hadn't. However I read through his posts several times and the more he defended himself and Rikae the more I saw him as a Thing. I find it a bit odd he's pretty much not even considering Rikae as a possible Thing choice and in defending himself he must restate what he's said in many of his posts. I feel it's all overkill on his part and that he's trying to cover his tracks by repeating the same thing only in different words. I'd take a different stance on Mac altogether if he had made his intentional post, defended it, maybe clarified it and then moved on, but he hadn't. I find him overly defense over a little matter and I can't help but think he's trying to use Rikae as a human shield.

If that only makes sense to me, then so be it, but that's how I see the situation.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:24 PM   #109
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Alright, this is going to have to be quick. . .quick typing, quick thinking. . .oh, such a hard choice!

Reading Kitanna's defence, I can see where she's coming from. I think that Mac's innocent. He was restating what he'd said before in a different manner because people continued to question him. What do you do when someone is not understanding you? Repeat what you say in different words so that maybe they'll get the jist.

However, Kittana is probably just confused and not meaning to be vicious.

I'll go for

++Thinlomien

I've suspected her all day. I am sorry that it has become a bandwagon, but I hope it is a bandwagon against a guilty Thing.

-- Jack
Old 10-10-2006, 08:32 PM   #110
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yes, yes I know. I am backsliding...but please don't hold it against me. I promise this isn't going the be the presidence for the rest of the game.

Well, I can't possibly read the thread in half an hour, so I'll just cut to the chase and do my thing.

The fifth person on the list is Naria (sry bout this) and that's the number I chose...sooo....

++Naria

Of course, I hope this wouldn't be my regular mode of choosing a vote victim. But, obviously (I'm assuming) there is no useful information to vote off of, so this is the best I got...

Again, sorry, but it was a busy day, what with midterms coming up, an all that jazz...
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #111
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Hey, you're not the only one with midterms coming up, you know.
But SOME of us are responsible enough to honor our commitments to a game instead of indulging in study.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #112
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

The village was in turmoil. Everyone was to be suspected. Many got right to the point and voted for a lynchee. Others waited and listened and others still waited too long.

I say we kill Thinlomien!!! I am sure she is a creature hiding amongst us!" Yelled Macalaure early on. " No fellow villagers it is Jenny we want. She is a Thing." Shouted Nogrod." You are all wrong, it is Macalaure, Lynch him!" Shrieked Kitanna. " I agree with Macalaure on this one." said Menel approaching to join the group now congrigated in the town square. "I say Lommy needs to go!" "I" Yelled a few more villagers from the crowd. Argue ensued and speculations were high, but in the end... "So Thinlomien it is then! remarked Rikae. "You shall pay for what you have done!" Shouted Naria.

Thinlomien's eyes bugged out at the mentioning of her name from so many of her fellow towns people. "How could it possibly be me?" She shouted frantically.
" I can't even see!!!! Please do not do this!!" Her screams echoed on for ever it seemed, but the majority had spoken. They quickly gagged Thinlomien, and bound her feet and hands. " Now if there be a Thing in there, We shall get it out or you shall die in the process, either way we get to know."
Someone whistled a low, eerie whistle that brought two horses into the square. "We shall force the Thing out!!" someone screamed. They tied her legs to one horse and her hands to the other.
A single tear fell down the cheek of the blind garden maid.
A snap of a whip, a startled scream from the crowd.
Thinlomien was no more. Well not whole anyways. Her body now severed at the middle was dragged out of sight, but no Thing emerged.

Dead villagers

Valier- Milkmaid- Killed by Thing- Mod
Thinlomien-Blind gardener maid-Pulled apart by horses on Day1- Innocent

Live villagers

Gil-Galad- Friendly neighborhood window cleaner
JennyHallu- Prophetess
Volo- Village loony/Poet
Kitanna- Hermit
Naria- Herbalist
Glirdan- Town musician
Briseis- Seamstress
Rikae- Cheesemaker
Macalaure- Village Doomsayer
Folwren- Jack the Blacksmith
Rune son of Bjarne- Weaver (not the actual one)
Nogrod- GoatHerder
Meneltarmacil- Former pirate
Eonwe- Miller

Night 2 has now begun. You have 24 hours. Day will start at 10:00pm CST (GMT-6) Tomorrow.

Things start pming. Please send me your nightly switch and a # each (1,2,3)
Ranger send me your nightly protectee
Seer send me your dream.
Weaver send me your "Weave".

Last edited by Valier; 10-10-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:00 PM   #113
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

The night wore on. A storm like no other was brewing. Everyone huddled in their houses afraid, that they would be next. But one brave soul sat up. They would not let others die. They would die to protect the village. suddenly,they were startled from their vigil, by a noise from outside. They raised their weapon and went to take a look. "Oh it is you! What are you doing out on a night like this? Are you a Thing here to take the life of an innocent?" "No. Are you?" retorted the other. "well if you aren't and I know I am not then lets go and have a drink." But the other sprung bringing DARNESS and DEATH. The towns Ranger was no more.

The village awoke the next day to huge snow piles everywhere, but there was no mistaking the large spot of crimson in the middle of the street. There in the snow lay what appeared to be Folwren or what was left of her. Her face had been horribly mangled from within,as if something had escaped....

Dead villagers

Valier- Milkmaid- Killed by Thing- Mod-killed on night 1
Thinlomien-Blind gardener maid-Pulled apart by horses on Day1- Innocent
Folwren-Jack the blacksmith- Face mangled on night 2-Innocent

Live villagers

Gil-Galad- Friendly neighborhood window cleaner
JennyHallu- Prophetess
Volo- Village loony/Poet
Kitanna- Hermit
Naria- Herbalist
Glirdan- Town musician
Briseis- Seamstress
Rikae- Cheesemaker
Macalaure- Village Doomsayer
Rune son of Bjarne- Weaver (not the actual one)
Nogrod- GoatHerder
Meneltarmacil- Former pirate
Eonwe- Miller

Day2 has begun. Things stop pming. Village start talking You have 24 hours.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:29 PM   #114
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

What have we done? Poor Lommy! And to think I switched my vote because I thought Mac was innocent.. At least if we can lynch a thing today, her death will not have been in vain...

And to think that Jack was a thing all along, when none of us suspected him! And now we are without our Ranger, too *wrings hands*. What do we have to go on now?

It appears we're meant to look for clues in Nogrod's words from yesterday (but meant by whom?):

Quote:
My primary suspect is still Jenny. She has to vote still... and I know the danger I'm in with this. But if she machinates my death you shall know whom to kill the next Day so there is no problem there. I may die, but you know then who to blame. You will know the truth with the very message that reveals you the situation toMorrow morning.
and this:
Quote:
Rune dont make that mistake... *my keyboard suddenly started acting in it\s own way and I will have to close the thing to get it working normally again... if that is possible*

Think about the whole of the Day, not the way the thingies try to twist it at this point, knowing I\m going to be off/line soon & right now... And please read what I said> it is not only that Jenny knew the rules, there was much other things more pressing than that *#58 and#73*. They were the principal reasons...

Sorry this machine doesn\t allow me to select any part of text right now. *The right pointer of the mouse is not working( I try to cokme back with the @last word@ before I go to sleep...
I'll leave it to more experienced players to decipher them. I've already caused enough trouble with my clumsy efforts.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:28 AM   #115
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Now you have made a big mistake lynching Lommy, I don't get what was so scary with her... Far more suspicios is Mac and especially Nogrod! His playing style last day was no better than mine father's, who was cursed. I don't see Nogrod making enough sense to be of any use, by his yesterdays performance, he began his normal agressive approach only when I noted his strange behavior.

Also he tried to stay out of bandwagons even knowing that Jenny won't be lynched, as if he wasn't really trying.

I know that usually Nogrod is a real gift for the village, but I'd risk lynching him. Pity he can't be a Fenris Thing anymore...

I also have a feeling that Mac's innocent, I'm not sure, but Nogrod's attitude is somehow making me think about lynching Mac, but I bet that's a bluff.

About the things, it makes sense for them to capture players that are respected and play well. So this is a game, where the not so skilled players have to fight double-hard. Exept for the orginal two things there is a new thing, that would be either a skilled player or a person who didn't say anything last turn. Me talking about something everybody understands, which isn't usefull.

I'll be away for about five-six hours, depends.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:55 AM   #116
Volo

double post from me :O

I have also thought about a possibility that Nogrod, wasn't a thing last day, but today he most certainly is. The things would want him first, plus his talk about the ranger might mean that he was the ranger. So he's a thing today, whatever he was yesterday.

At least one from the ranger-discussion has to be a thing (exept Folwren), because the ranger would want to clear the stuff and as we know the ranger is now a thing.
Nogrod could have drown the Rangers attention by such means, they usually show up. (like Boro's and mine grandfathers (seer and ranger), they were both so proud that they congratulated themselves a few times)

Even if Nogrod were a Weaver, he might have got information about Jenny being a Thing, but then he would have invented better reasons why to lynch her and would have started a bandwagon.

Ok, lesson ended. Bye
Old 10-12-2006, 03:19 AM   #117
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Yes, those were my thoughts also, Volo. It seems Nogrod was sending some pretty obvious hints yesterday that he was one of the gifted, especially the ranger - and if he was the ranger yesterday, he's a thing today. It seems odd that the actual ranger would reveal himself like that on day one, though, and besides, the ranger wouldn't know who was a thing with any more certainty than any other innocent, right? And yet Nogrod seemed fairly certain about Jenny. How, too, would the real ranger know with such certainty who the things would attack that night? There's something slightly fishy about the "Nogrod was the ranger but is now a thing" scenario.
Well, I'm going to check back this afternoon. Perhaps things will make more sense later in the day (or perhaps we'll be able to catch them making nonsense...).
Old 10-12-2006, 04:07 AM   #118
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Lommy's dead, dead and innocent. An innocent Lommy is usually an asset to every village. Really, really bad. And I was even the first one to vote her...

*Note to self: don't go by your hunches, stupid*

And then Folwren was a Thing?? Now that's something I didn't expect. And she even defended me yesterday! Shame on you, Foley, shame on you!

I have some comments about what happened yesterday after I left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Why does Mac say he agrees with Nogrod, when Nogrod has said that Mac looked suspicious?
I don't think in terms of "he thinks I'm suspicious, so I think he's suspicious". Some things I said yesterday can be interpreted suspiciously, so he had every right to. What he said made sense.

...until then. Just after I voted and left, Nogrod started saying things that make me raise both my eyebrows today. Chance? Never!

I already thought it weird yesterday that he went after Eonwe so early. So Eo was a wolf the in the last village. So what??

Quote:
A bit suspicious of:
Macalaure
Glirdan
Gil-Galad

Actually suspicious of:
Volo
Eonwe
Jenny
There's the short-spoken Gil-Galad, the often silent Eonwe (who hadn't even posted then), the relatively new Volo, and Glirdan who is known to have hunches that, well, don't really work out all the time (no offense intended, Glirdy, really) and often gets lynched for them.

We already said that the things will want to change stronger players at night. This leaves them with the less strong players as favourite day lynchs. Nogrod here puts suspicion on 6 villagers, at least 4 of which one could regard as not-so-strong (again: really, really, no offense to anybody, I mean that).
Jenny can be considered an easy target as well. Her foremothers always tended to get a little bit nervous when under suspicion.

He puts Folwren as a sure innocent and I don't know what to make out of that.

Then there's Nogrod's infamous vote-reasons post.
First off: why?
Why talk about everyone's reasons for voting at that time? He already voted Jenny, so usually I'd expect him, or anybody, to a) try to get others into voting Jenny too, b) try to get others into not voting for him (he was very concerned about that later), or c) bring up points that are new.
This post does neither.
And the way he does is - my goodness. He's not giving the reasons for most at all! He often just quotes something out of the vote-posts, and it's rarely flattering. Menel's right in his criticism. I've seen somebody post like that before (Roa, Hithlum, wolf).

I also found his fear to be lynched a little over the top.

I don't think Nogrod was the ranger yesterday. No way in Arda would he have asked questions about his role in public when he just could have pmed Valier for it. What is possible, I think, is that he laid out a lure for the real ranger, and that probably s/he accepted it in a way. Jenny? Maybe. I have to think about this more.

I actually feel bad about suspecting Nogrod so much, as he's not here today to defend himself. Normally I would say: forget about him, look for somebody else today, we can lynch him tomorrow in honour. But if he's a thing, he might not be here tomorrow, so I can't afford this opinion.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:03 AM   #119
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Greetings, fellow villagers! This is a sore turn of events: Lommy gone, and a new Thing has been taken!

This is gonna be the weirdest game. Its like playing with three cobblers ... only ... worse ...

I've got allot of reading to do, to make up for yeserday, so that'll keep my busy for awhile... Ill get back to you with my thoughts/suspicions/whathaveyou...
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:04 AM   #120
Volo

"Oh yeah, I forgot Nogrod's strange accusations on Eonwe, thanks Mac. He won't be posting today (read tgj thread), but I have a feeling that he'll be lynched. If he's not a Thing and I don't become a Thing, I'll turn back on Mac... But I really feel that Nogrod's a Thing..."