The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #41
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I'm sure it'd be lovely. As to how he looks like, well, just don't make him blonde...
Oh no, I have a problem drawing blonde elves anyways. Gildor may be related to the golden haired bunch, but he's definately having dark hair.
It's definately not going to be as wonderful as the amazing Mr. Lee's, I admire him too much to try and emulate, but I promise I'll put good effort into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
*puts on the Voice* And are you sure you don't want to join? Even if you are busy, one can always find some time to squeeze in one more thing to his timetable. This game is surely going to be interesting, and if you have the time to read, why not play as well? It's just making a few posts, that doesn't take much more time than reading.
*puts on THE Ka Voice of Explanation*
Ugh, I know. I'd love to, but I have a big application I have to finish as soon as humanly possible. Hmmm, well, I could join and finish it up since both require reading and writing.
The only thing is, I don't really want to hinder the game by just posting and not going too indepth. It's the playing style I've come to recognize over the years. I read a bunch, think over it, watch and post. I tried being more hasty last time and well, most of you saw how that went. Complete nonesense. *puts bag over head*
Plus I have work, and my hours are going to have people wanting to stick me on a pike or push me off a cliff to a small but terrifying white rabbit.

Oh what the heck, I'll join.

I don't have role yet, so don't even ask. Possibly WereEnt? I miss being an ent, but I guess for everyone's sake I'll try something else. Radagast comes to mind, but I doubt that after having to take him along to ME before, that Saruman could stand to have him in his fellowship. The idea of it is certainly entertaining...

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 03-14-2008 at 10:36 AM.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #42
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
I don't have role yet, so don't even ask. Possibly WereEnt? I miss being an ent, but I guess for everyone's sake I'll try something else. Radagast comes to mind, but I doubt that after having to take him along to ME before, that Saruman could stand to have him in his fellowship. The idea of it is certainly entertaining...
I don't see any problem with Radagast. After all, Saruman sent him to bring Gandalf. No, there is absolutely no problem with Radagast. He's free to be taken, in fact, I quite counted with that.

And concerning your style, well, just try to do your best Radagast does not seem to have been much of a talkative patron, and rather a silly tramp. So, no problem... I will add you to the list, okay?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #43
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Prexactly....I could seriously have some fun with Little Miss Green. Up to you though of course, dear; pick whatever character you think you'll have the most fun with. I've still got Menel's pretty little Orc to play with.
And here I was hoping that compulsory role-playing would restrain Sally from her customary lunatic posts. This could be even more disastrous than usual.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #44
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Sally: is Theodred going to be carrying a duck along in this game as well?

Okay eleven players in... this looks really promising. Just a few more and we'll get a game we will all remember a long time.

Btw. we had a discussion here at my place earlier this evening and LG started to think that she might play Eomer. So Eomer and Theodred / Elladan & Elrohir... Nice indeed!

What a fellowship! Had Tolkien just thought of this one (with Lobelia... ) himself.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #45
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Okay eleven players in... this looks really promising. Just a few more and we'll get a game we will all remember a long time.
Yes, I hope so. I have sent out a few invitations, so I hope at least someone will reply... as soon as we get at least a few more players, we can start. So, get ready!

Quote:
Btw. we had a discussion here at my place earlier this evening and LG started to think that she might play Eomer. So Eomer and Theodred / Elladan & Elrohir... Nice indeed!

What a fellowship! Had Tolkien just thought of this one (with Lobelia... ) himself.
Oh, sure. That will be nice. And yes - I think this company is something that would have been remembered only for its composition...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 03-14-2008, 07:15 PM   #46
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I don't see any problem with Radagast. After all, Saruman sent him to bring Gandalf. No, there is absolutely no problem with Radagast. He's free to be taken, in fact, I quite counted with that.

And concerning your style, well, just try to do your best Radagast does not seem to have been much of a talkative patron, and rather a silly tramp. So, no problem... I will add you to the list, okay?

Hee hee, that made me laugh. Well, I guess after spending all fo your work day with animals, (and talking to them), you are a bit silly. It's required.

Thanks for adding me!

Lommy, sorry if it is taking longer than expected for your avvie, I just got off of work and am working on it as I speak. I should have it up and ready for your approval tomorrow. I won't make it too big so it doesn't take up anymore loading space for the thread.

~ Ka
Old 03-15-2008, 12:09 AM   #47
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry for double posting...

*puts down pencil in a huff*

Here you are Lommy.

It's really not its best this small, so if you want to edit it yourself, or if someone else would like to, here is a direct link:

Gildor

Hrmm, on second thought I think you should keep the Alan Lee Gildor. Mine looks like a Mona Lisa for some odd reason.

~ Ka
Old 03-15-2008, 05:26 AM   #48
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Hrmm, on second thought I think you should keep the Alan Lee Gildor. Mine looks like a Mona Lisa for some odd reason.
It indeed does!
Old 03-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #49
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
What's so funny about Lobelia?

Quote:
It's the way you have shaded it.

Anyway - Lommy & I are going to be away from next Thursday to Sunday. I don't know if anyone else would need a break over Easter, but if the game is already running by then, we would miss one whole day and probably half of another.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:04 AM   #50
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:

~ Ka
You should take that as a compliment!
Old 03-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #51
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Looking at her grim expression in your avvie... well nothing. She's really scary!
Old 03-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #52
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Gríma was a lovely idea, thanks Nerwen I still have to decide between him, Éomer and Ghân-Buri-Ghân

Leaning towards Éomer at the moment... But not at all decided yet. When do I have to know?

Btw, lovely avvies people
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #53
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Fine, I've made my decision.

Éomer it will be.

EDIT: Hey, I seem to have become a Wight!!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 03-15-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #54
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Fine, I've made my decision.

Éomer it will be.

EDIT: Hey, I seem to have become a Wight!!
Congratulations

And I have added your character in the list.

Well, where are some people to join? I would like to start ASAP. Does anyone have some good tips on whom else I should ask to join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Anyway - Lommy & I are going to be away from next Thursday to Sunday. I don't know if anyone else would need a break over Easter, but if the game is already running by then, we would miss one whole day and probably half of another.
If we start until that time (which I would like to), I can make a break on these days, or at least on some of these days. As Aganzir says, I think that would depend also if someone else is going to be missing over Easter. So, anyone?
Old 03-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #55
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
So, anyone?
I'm not sure, though I am quite sure I'll be gone around the deadline time and/or completely out of my mind by then. I have a mathematics final on Thursday. So, I'll be gone for that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
It's the way you have shaded it.
Yes, I realized that after I'd scanned it...

How about we make it easy, and both agree that Gildor is Italian.

It reminds me of a long, long time ago, when I had art class and the assignment was to make a clay bust of ourselves or a random classmate. Mine went through this weird phase of looking like an old french man, then he turned into 'jesus'. Needless to say my art teacher was okay with it, but mostly confused.

I really wonder what Radagast is going to look like though. Any bets?

Quote:
I think it's neat and kind of amusing, considering what happened when Saruman set up camp in the Shire (sort of like Lobelia getting her say). Though, I really hope you include *your* pink umbrella. It wouldn't be Lobelia without her umbrella.

Thanks for reviewing the horrible drawing everyone, I posted it so late at night I probably wouldn't notice much.

~ Ka
Old 03-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #56
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
The only pictures I can find of Halbarad online look retarded.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #57
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post

http://www.bracegirdle.it/Arda/images/halbarad.jpg

Well, maybe the standards of a 'horrible' drawing have changed, but that doesn't look retarded. He's quite putting Aragorn to shame.

Though, it's Anke-Katrin Eissemann. She makes all of us feel inferior.

Hope this works, if not well, you can always draw your own.

For example, the pictures I found of Radagast made him look like Santa Claus crossed with Sasquatch. Needless to say, the matter of making my own became top priority.

~ Ka
Old 03-16-2008, 02:27 AM   #58
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
And very good it is, too.

Meanwhile Agan's new avatar looks pretty much the way I've always pictured Lobelia.

Hmmn. Théodred and Éomer. I foresee that we're going to be hearing a lot about horses...
Old 03-16-2008, 04:08 AM   #59
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Oh, I really like all these avvies! The Radagast is really beautiful, Ka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I quite like the picture of him by Quinton Hoover - I have it on my page, you can look it up here. Even though he looks a little bit like Vinnetou, I like him. The question is, whether it will look as good when you make it smaller...
Old 03-16-2008, 04:35 AM   #60
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Here's a close-up of the face.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Halbarad_closeup.jpg (12.8 KB, 557 views)
Old 03-16-2008, 05:56 AM   #61
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

My avatar is a bit messy, or so I heard (it took Noggie, Lommy and Agan around a minute to realise where the Éomer in the picture was ) so here is a bigger pic.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:14 AM   #62
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

How about cropping it?

in fact, try this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eomer-lee_crop.jpg (11.6 KB, 421 views)

Last edited by Nerwen; 03-16-2008 at 06:29 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #63
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I think it's neat and kind of amusing, considering what happened when Saruman set up camp in the Shire (sort of like Lobelia getting her say). Though, I really hope you include *your* pink umbrella. It wouldn't be Lobelia without her umbrella.
Of course I will! Funnily enough, I didn't even think about Lobelia & Saruman's ah so friendly terms when I chose to play her.

And I just love that Radagast, Ka - it made me laugh, and still does. Is there any possibility to see a bigger version of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Meanwhile Agan's new avatar looks pretty much the way I've always pictured Lobelia.
Thanks. I admit I've never had a clear image about what she should look like, but I was having a boring day at school, and... she just came to look like that.

Quote:
I quite like the picture of him by Quinton Hoover
Ah, nostalgia; I have no idea why, but that picture amused me very much when I was smaller. It caused me and a friend to make jokes of Halbarad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
My avatar is a bit messy, or so I heard (it took Noggie, Lommy and Agan around a minute to realise where the Éomer in the picture was) so here is a bigger pic.
It rather took me a minute to realise what picture that was. But after that it was easy to find Éomer there.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #64
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I just have one thing to beg of you Aganzir: please don't have Lobelia stealing any of the fellowship's spoon's!! It will be hard enough, killing Were Wolves and all, without having someone stealing our spoons!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #65
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
I just have one thing to beg of you Aganzir: please don't have Lobelia stealing any of the fellowship's spoon's!! It will be hard enough, killing Were Wolves and all, without having someone stealing our spoons!
Oh no - Lobelia is not a thief! She's a tragical, misunderstood character. It was that filthy Otho who stole them and even put nasty rumours about his wife in circulation. Good that he died, that swine.

Besides, I don't even think the Fellowship should have taken silver spoons with them.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #66
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Gwath please take the picture sent by The Ka and not the card-game version by Legate. I mean the first one is just awesome and the other one is just.. well, let's not swear on this family friendly site...

Here is a 63x63 version of it.

Darn it seems not to work...

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...lbaradtry6.jpg

Well at least you can find it from here...

Sorry to be such a beginner with these...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-16-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #67
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Gwath please take the picture sent by The Ka and not the card-game version by Legate. I mean the first one is just awesome and the other one is just.. well, let's not swear on this family friendly site...
Let me tell you, Mr. Nogrod, that your feelings of art seem very, very bad to me Not that I believe the other picture to be bad, but I like Hoover's picture quite a lot (even though, like I said, he looks like he's greeting the white colonists of America).
Old 03-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #68
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Sigh... sure sign me up

I shall be Gandalf, Maiar of Manwe and Varda, The Elf of the Wand, The Grey Pilgrim, The Grey Wanderer, Stormcrow, Keeper of the Sacred Fire, holder of the red ring Narya, god among hobbits.

TREMBLE AND DESPAIR YE MIGHTY.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:35 PM   #69
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Let me tell you, Mr. Nogrod, that your feelings of art seem very, very bad to me
I like Hoover's picture quite a lot (even though, like I said, he looks like he's greeting the white colonists of America).
Hah... Like you'd made my case already...

But whatever. Everyone chooses with her/his preferences. Maybe it's just that I have got to know that Hoover's pic from a lousily drawn card-game or something but it really is pretty bad to my taste... unlike the other one posted by The Ka.

De gustibus non est disputandum - but what should we argue about then, the facts ("oh no the boiling point of water is not 100 degrees but 92!")?
Old 03-16-2008, 02:40 PM   #70
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
Sigh... sure sign me up

I shall be Gandalf, Maiar of Manwe and Varda, The Elf of the Wand, The Grey Pilgrim, The Grey Wanderer, Stormcrow, Keeper of the Sacred Fire, holder of the red ring Narya, god among hobbits.

Oooh, great, Mr. Galad! Welcome!!!

Quote:
Maybe it's just that I have got to know that Hoover's pic from a lousily drawn card-game or something
Too late. Now, you have managed to destroy all the respect I gathered to you in the past... what a pity, what a pity. I have never seen a better drawn card-game, in fact, I have never seen so many so good pictures together like in this game. There are some bad ones, I know very well, but the good ones are in majority. Sorry, Nogrod. This means the end between the two of us.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #71
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Sorry, Nogrod. This means the end between the two of us.
That's too bad... For a few (lousy) illustrations?

Okay, I'll try to recover and concentrate on the "tralla-lally" of Tom after this. Happily you're just only the omnipotent mod in the game so I'm pretty safe as you can't do anything...

Yes, an added smilie to go with the former ones...
Old 03-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #72
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Thanks for the Halbarad pictures everybody.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #73
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Now you have to choose an avatar– ensuring that either Nogrod or Legate will never speak to you ever again– ditch Beowulf for a quote by or about Halbarad, and fix up your location.

Somehow I doubt Halbarad's a fan of the Pogues.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #74
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Now you have to choose an avatar– ensuring that either Nogrod or Legate will never speak to you ever again
We may consider it after a year has passed or something...
Old 03-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #75
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Btw. should someone ask Durelin to join as she's both a great WW-player and a fine RPG-writer? And it's always fun to play with her.

Or Valier? Wouldn't this be just a game for her?

Okay, I'll send them a PM if you Legate haven't done it already...
Old 03-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #76
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yay, I'm glad you accepted the invitation Gil-Galad! I also sent a PM The Might, so hopefully we should have enough players before too long.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #77
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Sally: is Theodred going to be carrying a duck along in this game as well?

As much as I might fancy the challenge , no. Don't worry. No ducks this game, except the one who might occasionally whisper in my ear, "WHAT? Théodred would NEVER do that?" So I'll be foul-free, but deaf.

As for Easter, I don't think I'll have a problem with it, but I'm definitely not against delaying/pausing the game for those who do have a problem with it. Whatever's best for y'all.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #78
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
Sigh... sure sign me up
god among hobbits.

Oh hush down Olórin, and please, we've heard enough about your strange little folk from a place called Shire... You're as bad as I am talking about birds...

Quote:
Sorry, Nogrod. This means the end between the two of us.
*shakes head*

You both shame me. It's just a drawing! I'm sure Gwath will pick one he thinks is best in his own opinion.

Just as long as it's not Rococo or some other 'inspired by' Ruben movement, I see no reason for an arguement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Of course I will! Funnily enough, I didn't even think about Lobelia & Saruman's ah so friendly terms when I chose to play her.
Yay!

Well, still, I think it is a good choice of character. I've also wondered about what Lobelia could have thought, given the liberty from Frodo or Bilbo's interpretation (as is the same with Radagast quoted by Gandalf at CoE).

Here you are:

I was originally going to have Radagast saying something, but that seemed more 'Gandalfish', so instead I thought it would suit him better to be listening.

Though really, I think the raven's telling him an 'uncloaking' joke about Gandalf he heard on the Crazy Captions thread and Rada is simply promising to keep it a secret.

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 03-16-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:52 PM   #79
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

OR I could choose a completely different picture for my avatar, thereby insulting and estranging BOTH Nogrod and Legate. We are very democratic in the offense we give. Anybody got any good Halbarad quotes?
Old 03-17-2008, 12:00 AM   #80
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Just as long as it's not Rococo or some other 'inspired by' Ruben movement, I see no reason for an arguement.
Rubens. Yuck. I can imagine Halbarad as a pantalooned courtier romancing billowy women in the Garden of Love, and it's not a pleasant picture.