The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #281
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I may not get a chance to post again toDay, and at this point I still find

++Pitch

the most suspicious.

If Pitch isn't, I really don't know who else even could be the final morph. Might as well go by reverse alphabetical order, it's as good as anything. Too many submarinish players on this ship!
Promised discussion Paranoia and werebearery will have to wait until another time (or not, if I don't survive toNight, and I don't really expect to). A lot of that is based on a feeling/werebear experience, anyway. I'm confident, at this point, that Izzy is not the final morph, at any rate.

Last edited by Rikae; 06-15-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #282
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Huzzah!

Rikae-->Pitch
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #283
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Shasta - impressive case. Very impressive. So impressive that I'm almost convinced myself. What really sucks about it is that I think you're doing this with the best intentions, and I've given you all the fuel for it, and none of us is going to find the true morph like that.
Right now I'm seriously tempted to Nilp myself and help you lynch me (I'm sure winty will be glad to assist), just so that is cleared up and you can move on. Only it's not the best option with two killers still running loose toMorrow.
And now I'm thinking in circles and cirles and circles, and have no clue what I can possibly say that won't make everything worse, and no idea whom to vote in good conscience.

Bah.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #284
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Winty. I am assuming you are referring to your post #155? Uhm, unless I'm completely failing. How is that a reason for your vote? Because you found them suspicious? Which you found them suspicious because Eomer had them on his suspicion list? If so.. why are you essentially taking the suspicions of dead innocents and going off of them? Why not have your own original thought?

Dun. I am assuming these are the relevant bits..
#128: Actually, Wilwa's vote for Sally seems to make her look a bit worse toDay. Keeping away from the BG wagon when Wilwa knew she was already done for would have been a very smart move for a Wilwamorph.

#195: I still feel that your making a throwaway vote like you did looks worse than the BG voters. (in response to/about Wilwa.)

#202: The difference between yesterDay's voting and toDay's is that toDay Paranoia doesn't look nearly as bad as BG did. In the case of BG, it's difficult for me to see how anyone could have backed away from voting her under those circumstances without having some knowledge she was innocent.

Why didn't you simply say.. 'I suspect Wilwa and here is why:' Instead of making people search for it? Essentially your suspicions upon her were based on her Sally vote? Which you were planning on doing yourself. "Since I saw no chance of getting Sally lynched, I went ahead with BG."
If you were town, you would be wanting to vote your suspects.. not whoever had the highest potential of being lynched. Obviously you don't seem to be concerned about that - since you've been on both lynch wagons.. Your fur itching yet?

X'd with every thing after #280.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #285
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, Pitchmorph, if it's any consolation, I'm not certain I advocate lynching you today. I'm fairly sure, based on the numbers, that we have a shot at trying to lynch the more-dangerous wereBear today, and I'm wondering if that wouldn't be more profitable.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #286
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Winty. I am assuming you are referring to your post #155? Uhm, unless I'm completely failing. How is that a reason for your vote? Because you found them suspicious? Which you found them suspicious because Eomer had them on his suspicion list? If so.. why are you essentially taking the suspicions of dead innocents and going off of them? Why not have your own original thought?
If the innocents who suspect morphs are killed off, then the only innocents left are ones who suspect other innocents. This is good for the morphs, which provides them with good reasoning to kill these innocents who suspect morphs. Both Eomer and Lottie were Innocents who were killed, so I am assuming that the morphs killed them because they (Lottie and Eomer) were suspecting other Morphs.

X'd with Shasta
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #287
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
On Paranoia - An analysis of Bear-ery

Now, this analysis will be shaded a bit differently than my previous ones. Given that bears are much harder to catch than wolves, this analysis will concentrate more on underlying attitudes than hard cold data.

Before I even start with the post-by-post analysis, Paranoia has the least amount of posts of any player, living or dead, save Mira who was modkilled for not being able to participate. That seems to be a point against him already, since bears are likely to not want to draw attention to themselves.

#30 - IC banter. In it, he scolds Eomer for his baseless accusations against BG, mentions that BG's alignment will be known "sooner or later", and IC-accuses Rikae.

#99 - Kind of comes down hard on BG here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia
I bet a metamorph version of her couldn't resist the same urges to act like a plum fool.
Also claims Eomer's vote is "OMGUS" (translated as "Oh my gosh, you suck" and is commonly used to denote a vote for personal reasons rather than game-related ones... i.e. revenge votes), but it's not, not really. Explains that he "didn't have much time", which may be true, but it also offers a reason for a wereBear not to be as active as he/she might be normally. Puts suspicion on Sally's vote. Ends up voting BG, and does a list. Puts myself and Izzy both in the "Mostly Harmless" category. This is slightly meta and possibly a disregardable point, but I can't help but wonder if a Bearanoia wasn't making an attempt there to butter up the two people he knows outside BD.

#105 - Continues explaining why BG's explanation of her list isn't satisfactory. I can't say much about this, given that I did the same thing, but I've noticed that a commonly-used Bearish tactic is to concentrate on one subject to the exclusion of all else to give the appearance of being helpful.

#211 - Mega-post, defending himself against Pitch and condemning Wilwa. He didn't do too much else during this day, and this was an awfully zealous defense... over-zealous, maybe? Were-Bears can't afford to gather too much suspicion - they're their only chance to win, after all. Maybe Noia was trying to defuse suspicion of him at the root. He also is "very much inclined to think" Lottie innocent. Lottie was a pretty clear discussion leader, given how much she posted - possibly more buttering-up?

#217 - Helps winty with coding.

#222 - Helps winty with coding.

#248 - Several things here, so let me quote:

Quote:
I'd like to say day 3, and two metamorphs down; fantastic work, crew. i'd also like to say losing Lottie is quite a blow; two gifted down in two days does not make me a happy camper, though losing the telepath was partially my bad.

There is a hitch in whatever killed "Lieutenant Sally" But that's not our primary concern as of this moment; if it's not obvious.

Now, I'd like Pitch to pop up and answer my questions to him in that big rambling nightmare of a post I made at the end of day 2.

I'd also like to see more of Shasta's analysis. And Rikae's.

In the meanwhile, I'm going back to Lottie's posts to see if there's much of anything there that might be of use; with only one metamorph left, I doubt she would have been murdered to redirect suspicion as much as it's likely she was murdered to get suspicion off of someone. And last I checked, she had definite suspicions of Izzy.
First off, I get what Rikae said about the "smugness". It's almost as if a bearaNoia is congratulating us for getting rid of threats to him.

Secondly, the "oh the bear's not a threat" tone of his second line.

Thirdly, how he asks Pitch, myself, and Rikae for such-and-such. This is a tactic I've used before myself - it's a way to look like you're participating, but actually you're getting others to act as your smokescreen.

Conclusion - well, I can't see any reason for Noia to not be the bear, and I've got a pretty good feeling based on what he's said that he is... so I'm thinking I'll probably vote him today and Pitch tomorrow.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #288
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Well, Pitchmorph, if it's any consolation, I'm not certain I advocate lynching you today. I'm fairly sure, based on the numbers, that we have a shot at trying to lynch the more-dangerous wereBear today, and I'm wondering if that wouldn't be more profitable.
Yeah, and go through it all again toMorrow, and still be no closer to finding the morph? How is that any consolation?

And you'd have to be damn sure you've spotted the CyberBear correctly to pass up the lynching of your chief morph suspect, if I may say so. Which makes me wonder... either you're very very very confident about your notorious psi powers (in which case you're in for a nasty surprise as soon as I'm dead or this is over, whichever happens first), or you don't really care.

By the way, Izzy had a good point in her last about winty basically echoing dead innocents, but his answer still looks like he believes what he's saying. Another one.

(x-ed with Shasta's last)
Old 06-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #289
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Yeah, and go through it all again toMorrow, and still be no closer to finding the morph? How is that any consolation?

And you'd have to be damn sure you've spotted the CyberBear correctly to pass up the lynching of your chief morph suspect, if I may say so. Which makes me wonder... either you're very very very confident about your notorious psi powers (in which case you're in for a nasty surprise as soon as I'm dead or this is over, whichever happens first), or you don't really care.

By the way, Izzy had a good point in her last about winty basically echoing dead innocents, but his answer still looks like he believes what he's saying. Another one.

(x-ed with Shasta's last)
Not so, unless I've done my math wrong. Look -

Scenario 1 - lynch Morph (six), bear kills (five)

Leaves us tomorrow with 4 on 1. Good odds, but who knows what the Bear has up his/her sleeve?

Scenario 2 - lynch bear (six), Morph kills (five)

4 on 1 again, BUT the Assassin has a chance to kill the Morph, ending the game automatically, plus the Morph's only got their kill left (unless our moddess snuck something in under our noses).

Scenario 3 - lynch innocent (six), Morph kills (five), Bear kills (four)

Not the greatest odds, true. BUT - the Assassin could still kill the Morph, OR the Bear could kill the Morph, OR the Morph could kill the Bear, OR they could kill each other (maybe?). And even if none of the above happens, the Bear and Morph won't be working together. (Note - Traitor not factored into above calculation because he's counted as innocent)

Of the above scenarios, I'd say Scenario 2 is the best and Scenario 3 the worst, but we'd have to be extremely unlucky for nothing good to come out of Scenario 3. I'm not as sure of Para's bear-ness as I am about your Morphery, that's true... but I am pretty darn sure.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #290
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Why didn't you simply say.. 'I suspect Wilwa and here is why:' Instead of making people search for it? Essentially your suspicions upon her were based on her Sally vote? Which you were planning on doing yourself. "Since I saw no chance of getting Sally lynched, I went ahead with BG."
Once again, I was leaning toward Sally until BG made her slipup, and eveyone started voting for her. I found BG's behavious highly suspect myself, so I went with her. Since Wilwa's ignoring said slipup looked worse to me than any of the people who had voted BG, I went with Wilwa yesterDay for making a throwaway vote. And it appears to have paid off.
As for searching, was it really that difficult to see, or do you have you furry blinders on?

Quote:
If you were town, you would be wanting to vote your suspects.. not whoever had the highest potential of being lynched. Obviously you don't seem to be concerned about that - since you've been on both lynch wagons.. Your fur itching yet?
No fur here, thanks. And yesterDay's lynch wagon led to a Metamorph, a path you (and Rikae) avoided by voting one another.
How many times must I say that BG's behaviour looked highly suspicious? She easily trumped my mild suspicion of Sally, who I had nothing on but her wasted Day 1 vote. I never said I was dead set on Sally's furriness; just that I'd intended to vote for her.

Actually, you're sounding a bit like the late Wilmorph herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I didn't really have too many other options. No Sally wasn't really that suspicious, but she was moreso then anyone else from what I could see. If I had voted BG I would like a bandwagonner taking the safe way out.
x/d with Shasta
Old 06-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #291
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

OK, that looks pretty impressive too. Only I'd feel worse than bad voting him in his absence twice, and be wrong again. And my time's running out (RL-wise), and I've no clue about the last morph, having spent all Day reacting to suspicion, and I don't care that much anymore whether I get lynched or modfired or whatsoever...

(x-ed with Shasta again)

EDIT: and x-ed with Zil too
Old 06-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #292
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

In fact, I think I'll put my money where my mouth is, in this case.

++Paranoia

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: X'ed with Pitch
Old 06-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #293
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Rikae-->Pitch
Shasta-->Paranoia
Old 06-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #294
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
I have prior engagements that will hold me until the DL, so I must vote now.

Because of reasons previously stated:

++Pitch
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #295
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Shasta - I see.

Quote:
I'm not as sure of Para's bear-ness as I am about your Morphery, that's true... but I am pretty darn sure.
As for Morphery, it's largely my own fault, but we're going to have an interesting after-game discussion.

OK, what the heck, I haven't got that much to lose, have I?

++Para-whatever-in-space-he-is-Noia
Old 06-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #296
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Rikae-->Pitch
Shasta-->Paranoia
Winty-->Pitch (2)
Pitch-->Paranoia (2)

Well that's interesting....
Old 06-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #297
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
On Paranoia - An analysis of Bear-ery

Now, this analysis will be shaded a bit differently than my previous ones. Given that bears are much harder to catch than wolves, this analysis will concentrate more on underlying attitudes than hard cold data.

Before I even start with the post-by-post analysis, Paranoia has the least amount of posts of any player, living or dead, save Mira who was modkilled for not being able to participate. That seems to be a point against him already, since bears are likely to not want to draw attention to themselves.
And I had the least amount of posts last game too; post count != bear or Morph, Tanner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin
#30 - IC banter. In it, he scolds Eomer for his baseless accusations against BG, mentions that BG's alignment will be known "sooner or later", and IC-accuses Rikae.

#99 - Kind of comes down hard on BG here.

Also claims Eomer's vote is "OMGUS" (translated as "Oh my gosh, you suck" and is commonly used to denote a vote for personal reasons rather than game-related ones... i.e. revenge votes), but it's not, not really. Explains that he "didn't have much time", which may be true, but it also offers a reason for a wereBear not to be as active as he/she might be normally. Puts suspicion on Sally's vote. Ends up voting BG, and does a list. Puts myself and Izzy both in the "Mostly Harmless" category. This is slightly meta and possibly a disregardable point, but I can't help but wonder if a Bearanoia wasn't making an attempt there to butter up the two people he knows outside BD.
In case you hadn't noticed by the nice little note next to Eomer's name, I was basing a whole lot of my suspicions based on BG's roleflip; bg flipped town. People shifted spots.

Quote:
#105 - Continues explaining why BG's explanation of her list isn't satisfactory. I can't say much about this, given that I did the same thing, but I've noticed that a commonly-used Bearish tactic is to concentrate on one subject to the exclusion of all else to give the appearance of being helpful.
Uh, I did a whole lot more than just explain why BG's explanation was unsatisfactory. I explained what else about her I found suspicious. read things through before condemning me on one point.

Quote:
#211 - Mega-post, defending himself against Pitch and condemning Wilwa. He didn't do too much else during this day, and this was an awfully zealous defense... over-zealous, maybe? Were-Bears can't afford to gather too much suspicion - they're their only chance to win, after all. Maybe Noia was trying to defuse suspicion of him at the root. He also is "very much inclined to think" Lottie innocent. Lottie was a pretty clear discussion leader, given how much she posted - possibly more buttering-up?
Well let's see. Of course it's going to be a zealous defense, considering I am my only 'for sure' innocent. Who else can I rely on to defend myself except myself? Again, defending oneself is all well and good; if you have an issue with me, pick out how I was suspicious in defending myself. And yeah, I was. Based primarily on interactions with her and how she was handling herself this round rather than the last one just made me instinctively think she was innocent.

#217 - Helps winty with coding.

#222 - Helps winty with coding.

#248 - Several things here, so let me quote:

First off, I get what Rikae said about the "smugness". It's almost as if a bearaNoia is congratulating us for getting rid of threats to him.
[/quote] Why yes, I am congratulating you on getting rid of threats to the, you know. town.
Quote:
Secondly, the "oh the bear's not a threat" tone of his second line.
I said there was still the issue of what killed Sally. I, however, believe the potential for the traitor to meet up with the morph to be a more pressing threat. Which it is.

Quote:
Thirdly, how he asks Pitch, myself, and Rikae for such-and-such. This is a tactic I've used before myself - it's a way to look like you're participating, but actually you're getting others to act as your smokescreen.
Fun fact. I work from 8 until 4:30. I leave my apartment at about 7ish in the morning. I usually don't get time to get online until late. I asked pitch to respond to my accusations at the end of day 2. I asked you and Rikae to keep it up because I liked what you were doing.

Quote:
Conclusion - well, I can't see any reason for Noia to not be the bear, and I've got a pretty good feeling based on what he's said that he is... so I'm thinking I'll probably vote him today and Pitch tomorrow.
You could at least wait for me to respond, you know; your points are all really based on taking me out of context and using one post, and moreover, one line in specific to condemn me as the bear.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:24 PM   #298
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hm... now, actually, I quite like Shasta's plan, especially since if we can assume the assassin will go for Pitch toNight, a living Pitch is an innocent Pitch toMorrow. If the morph kills the assassin and xe left a decent trail, there will be two essentially "known non-morphs" among the remaining players.

Edit: X'd with Paranoia
Old 06-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #299
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Paranoia, my analysis was based mainly on attitudes rather than actions, as that is how one catches a Werebear. And in my opinion, your attitudes have been pretty Bear-ish. You don't have to get all sarcastic the moment someone suspects you, you know. That's another evil tactic - "everyone who suspects me is an idiot".

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: X'ed with Rikae.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #300
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Should have said "a living Pitch is a non-morphish Pitch". "Of course he could still be the traitor.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #301
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Paranoia, my analysis was based mainly on attitudes rather than actions, as that is how one catches a Werebear. And in my opinion, your attitudes have been pretty Bear-ish. You don't have to get all sarcastic the moment someone suspects you, you know. That's another evil tactic - "everyone who suspects me is an idiot".
Okay tanner. You've played with me before. You have been wrong about me before. You are wrong once more, and while you do have legitimate points, I don't like the fact you're ignoring counter points because you are once more so sure I'm evil. and is no one else worried about Patch voting me just as soon as he got a second vote? Self preservation is fine and all but it didn't even read like that, more like he was trying to follow behind Shasta.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #302
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Who is this Tanner person? Shasta, do you know him/her? I'm very confused!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #303
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Who is this Tanner person? Shasta, do you know him/her? I'm very confused!
gah. More of my time from Spies interfering with how I refer to people. :x
Old 06-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #304
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
Okay tanner. You've played with me before. You have been wrong about me before. You are wrong once more, and while you do have legitimate points, I don't like the fact you're ignoring counter points because you are once more so sure I'm evil. and is no one else worried about Patch voting me just as soon as he got a second vote? Self preservation is fine and all but it didn't even read like that, more like he was trying to follow behind Shasta.
That's because the counter-points you've given have all been to defend your actions. A bear's actions are basically unimpeachable - they can play the game like an innocent with a nightkill. I think you're a bear because of your attitudes. Two entirely different things. And bringing past games into your defense is not helping you.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: X'ed with Paranoia
Old 06-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #305
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
Hm, so sure that Shasta isn't evil, are you?

As for Pitch... not only self-preservation, but the morph's gotta get rid of the bear eventually, too, doesn't xe?
Old 06-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #306
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
To be honest, I hadn't given much thought to the space-bear or whatever it may be. Sorry. I got cought up looking for the Metamorph. I still don't think it's likely to be Pitch.

Paranoia as a bear would be more plausible than his being a Meta, at least.

Shasta's voted for him, getting it started. And Pitch followed suit.

To put my money where my mouth is, I intend to vote for one of those two instead of wasting my vote.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #307
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Winty. Have you thought about the possibility that both Eomer and Loslote were killed because they gave off Gifted vibes?

Shasta.
Quote:
"OMGUS" (translated as "Oh my gosh, you suck" and is commonly used to denote a vote for personal reasons rather than game-related ones... i.e. revenge votes..
Is this your definition of OMGUS? If it is, then you are slightly off. OMGUS votes are game related, and are chiefly meant as person B voting for person A; solely because person A voted for person B. That is how the entire 'phenomenon' began in the first place.

In regards to Paranoia attempting to butter us up. He would more than likely kill the both of us off first.

Your entire analysis on Paranoia looks more like you are trying to fit what he has said/done to fit your WereBorg theory. As opposed to reaching that conclusion after you analyzed him.

You seem to be confident that what powers the WereBorg may or may not have, are more powerful than what the Morphs have. Is there anything to back this up? Or pure speculation?
Is there also some clear statement that the Assassin can not do anything to the WereBorg? Or more speculation?

Have you factored in the possibility that the Assassin perishes?
"plus the Morph's only got their kill left"
Did the morphs have something more than a Night kill?

Dun.
"Dun. If Wilwa and I were morphmates. Why throw my vote away on Rikae? Why not 'seize opportunity and find a plausible reason to vote for someone other than Wilwa', whom would keep her away from the noose? Some one like.. Paranoia for instance. I was the last vote, why not try and save her?"

I copy/pasted my own for your benefit. Seems you missed it somehow. Care to answer?

Shasta. Not even going to give Paranoia a chance to respond? Or.. anyone else really for that matter? You can not fit under timezone differences; because I believe you and Paranoia are in the same one...

Paranoia. Pitch apparently is unconcerned with his survival. I call bluff tactic. Appeal to emotion?

Shasta. Are you saying his past game defense is not helping, because of what happened in the past games? Or because meta is not so ehm relevant? The inner judge in me would say - you opened that door, first.

I rather dislike this current position we are in.

Last two votes.. myself and Dun?. I was planning on voting for Dun. plgh.

X'd with Dun.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #308
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Paranoia, Dun, and myself left to vote. Plgh more!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #309
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

What do people think of Shasta?

I may be incorrect, but he seems to of gone largely unnoticed. Winty to an extent himself.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #310
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I have no arguments for or against Shasta, basically, except thinking he was a bit quick to push the Bearanoia lynch, though I do see it as a decent plan myself (Izzy, you seem to be missing the point that the assassin cannot kill the bear - from the admin thread: "Armed with a gun that shoots darts lethal to the Metamorph nervous system, the assassin may pick one target every Night." The bear is not a metamorph).

Wintywinty did say a few things I found innocentish, which caused me to move him further to the "innocentish" side and which I than forgot. Let me see...
Old 06-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #311
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Is this your definition of OMGUS? If it is, then you are slightly off. OMGUS votes are game related, and are chiefly meant as person B voting for person A; solely because person A voted for person B. That is how the entire 'phenomenon' began in the first place.
Exactly. Revenge-votes. I don't consider them game related. Rather than having any game-related reason behind them, they're just "OMG you suck!" and revenge-voting.

Quote:
Explain yourself. I haven't seen anyone who looks as much like the Bear as Paranoia does, so I analyzed him with the way one catches a bear in mind, and that's what I found.

Quote:
You seem to be confident that what powers the WereBorg may or may not have, are more powerful than what the Morphs have. Is there anything to back this up? Or pure speculation?
Is there also some clear statement that the Assassin can not do anything to the WereBorg? Or more speculation?
Yes, the first is speculation. But it's well-founded speculation. The Bear's game is over at any time if chosen randomly by the Morph's for a kill, or if bandwagoned on while unable to post, or any number of unfair reasons that have nothing to do with their gameplay, and that's entirely unfair to the player, so why wouldn't the Bear have some kind of advantage. The Morphs have numbers - what might the Bear have to compensate? They have to have some shot at winning. The second question is based on the wording of the Assassin role, which makes no mention of the Bear role at all, so I don't think it affects the Bear role in any way.

Quote:
Have you factored in the possibility that the Assassin perishes?
"plus the Morph's only got their kill left"
Did the morphs have something more than a Night kill?
No, I haven't, other than to lump it in with the "we'd have to be extremely unlucky". And I don't believe so - at least, it wasn't in the description of the role given to us in the Admin thread. The Morphs only have a nightkill.

Quote:
Shasta. Not even going to give Paranoia a chance to respond? Or.. anyone else really for that matter? You can not fit under timezone differences; because I believe you and Paranoia are in the same one...
When did I claim timezone differences? I voted for two reasons - one, because I suspect Paranoia of being the bear, and two - to force Pitchmorph to vote Paranoia before leaving for the night. I figured he'd have to vote for self-preservation, and gave him a way to do so while getting another vote for someone I find suspicious.

Quote:
Shasta. Are you saying his past game defense is not helping, because of what happened in the past games? Or because meta is not so ehm relevant? The inner judge in me would say - you opened that door, first.
Would it? Care to explain how? I said it wasn't helping because past games don't matter, they're completely metagame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
To be honest, I hadn't given much thought to the space-bear or whatever it may be. Sorry. I got cought up looking for the Metamorph. I still don't think it's likely to be Pitch.
Don't think Pitch is likely to be the Morph? Or the Bear? And if you're thinking of voting Paranoia for possible bear-ship, thinking of voting me for voting Paranoia for possible bear-ship is entirely double-standard-worthy, and makes me even more sure that you're the Traitor trying to save Pitch.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: X'ed with Rikae.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #312
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Hm, so sure that Shasta isn't evil, are you?

As for Pitch... not only self-preservation, but the morph's gotta get rid of the bear eventually, too, doesn't xe?
Yeah, but I had a distinct feeling something like this was going to happen as soon as I read that Lottie had died. Let's take this more into context. Day 2: I had Wilwa (Morph) and (Patch *probable traitor perhaps the bear*) Both on my case. That case immediately fell through. This day the first thing that comes up is people suspecting me of being the bear and that lynching a bear suspect is better than lynching the wolf/traitor pair because of some possibly undefined powers, and furthermore, most of the argument used against me is based on my "attitude", rather than hard evidence, because a "bear is harder to find." There's an issue here. Finding the bear today is not the best case scenario. Finding the last morph is. By focusing his search on the bear, Shasta is essentially trying to give the last morph a free pass today. In this way, I personally think that Shasta is the last morph, or the traitor. Izzy is lower on my suspect list because I think she would have made a jump onto the Wilwa wagon and tried linking Rikae and Wilwa together based on Rikae's vote on her.

As much as it stands, I think Pitch isn't a likely metamorph... I find him a more likely werebear then a morph, or an even more likely traitor.

either way, I am flat out voting ++Pitch because I've been forced into a position where if I don't vote counter to the wagon on me a known (at least to myself) innocent will die.

Edit: Xed with Shasta, Rikae, and Izzy

Last edited by Paranoia; 06-15-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #313
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Oops. That second (double) quote should actually be -

Quote:
Your entire analysis on Paranoia looks more like you are trying to fit what he has said/done to fit your WereBorg theory. As opposed to reaching that conclusion after you analyzed him.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: X'ed with Paranoia.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #314
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Since the WereBorg was/is a secret role; how likely would it be that the mod would include such information in the Assassins role?

"Human victims will be unharmed."

Or were the two secret roles completely separate of the rest. Both created to balance each other out? Bounty Hunter hunts WereBorg, WereBorg must eliminate Bounty Hunter? Or something along those lines.

X'd with every thing after #310.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:11 PM   #315
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Finding the bear today is not the best case scenario. Finding the last morph is. By focusing his search on the bear, Shasta is essentially trying to give the last morph a free pass today.
No, it's not, and no, I'm not. I've done the math (which you apparently have either mis-read, not read at all, or completely disregarded), and you're forgetting that having a Morph alive is better than having the Bear alive because the Morph can be killed by the Assassin. You're also giving the Traitor entirely too much credit. We should be wary of them, true, but clearly at least one innocent knows who they are (re: the plot), which greatly diminishes their effectiveness.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: X'ed with Izzy.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:11 PM   #316
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

For the sake of sanity

Please put your actual votes on separate lines, as is Werewolf tradition. It's way easier to see a vote which starts out a line (because you can just scan) than to look at every line, even with highlighting to simplify. It makes things easier not only for lazy dead me, but for everyone else too. Thanks for your consideration!

Also....

Rikae-->Pitch
Shasta-->Paranoia
Winty-->Pitch (2)
Pitch-->Paranoia (2)
Paranoia-->Pitch (3)

ETA: x'd with Iz and Shasta
Old 06-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #317
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Or were the two secret roles completely separate of the rest. Both created to balance each other out? Bounty Hunter hunts WereBorg, WereBorg must eliminate Bounty Hunter? Or something along those lines.
That would be my guess, given that in Eomer's death-plot, he shot someone that wasn't the bear and apparently did no damage.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: X'ed with Dead Sallymorph
Old 06-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #318
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

....Actually, Izzy, where did you get the name "WereBorg" anyway?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #319
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

wintywinty...

1:
Apology for missing Day 1

2:
List of roles, mistakenly thinks only one person is simply a "member of
the crew". Interesting.

3:
Doesn't know what the "Terran Intelligence Agents" are.

4:
Adopts Eomer's suspects, assuming that the morphs killed him because he
was "on to something".
This is just such a nonsensical argument that it strikes me as innocentish.
Has wintywinty ever been a wolf before? Could this be the result of Sally &
Wilwa's coaching to play the "newbie card"?

5:
Corrected about 3

6:
"Just finished reading" - lists suspects, but without reasons. Top suspects
Pitchwife, Wilwa, Noia, and Zil.

7,8,9:
Asks about highlighting.

10:
Votes for Pitch.

11, 12:
Explains reasoning behind vote, says he was just about to post
list Izzy posted (roles and players, with all players under "Metamorphship")

13:
Theory about Lottie being killed because her suspicions were "dead on".
Again, nonsensical.

14,15:
Arguing that Wilwamorph would know that everyone would discount the
possibility of her voting with Pitchmorph. Sensible enough, but then again,
Winty's been suspecting Pitch from the beginning for kind of shaky reasons.

16,17:
Asks what a werebear is.

18, 19:
Further explaining why he suspects Pitch (killed innocents suspected him, basically).

20:
"If the innocents who suspect morphs are killed off, than the only innocents left
are ones who suspect other innocents"
Weird. Seems to assume suspicions are static. This sort of thing strikes me as something
a newbie wolf wouldn't come up with, but a newbie innocent would... basically for the same reason
as above: his mates would tell him otherwise, and he would only do this if deliberately playing
the newbie card. I'm going to go with my gut here and say I don't think he's doing that.

21:
Votes Pitch for reasons previously stated.

Conclusion:
Not really very morphish, though could still be a bluffing morph, in which case, hats off!
Still, first in reverse alphabetical order...
Old 06-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #320
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
....Actually, Izzy, where did you get the name "WereBorg" anyway?
Actually someone else said it earlier... now to go find it...