The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-16-2002, 10:28 PM   #1
AragornsHeir
Animated Skeleton

AragornsHeir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AragornsHeir
Sting I have a question and I need an answer

Dose anyone know anything about Aragorn's son Elderon and the name of Aragorn's daughters and how many there were? What important Elves lived after The passing of Galadriel and the parting of Elrond? And what lands thrived after the abandonment of Lothlorien and Rivendale? And don't tell me to read the Silmarilion I have it but I need these answeres sooner than I can read it. At least answere my first question, but I would thouroghly appreciate at least a small portoion of information for each of my questions but I need the full answere to the first one. Thank you.
AragornsHeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 03:24 AM   #2
lathspell
Regenerating Ringkeeper

lathspell has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I will certainly not tell you to read the Silmrillion, for the answers you are looking for aren't in it.
As for the sons and daughters of Aragorn, I regretfully have to say: I don't know.
After the passing of Galadriel there were still great elves in M-e:
- Cirdan Shipwright, lord of the havens
- the sons of Elrond, Elrohir and Elladan
- Celebron, who didn't go to Aman, but went to Rivendell to dwell with the sons of Elrond. He went to Aman many years later.
- Thranduil, king of Mirkwood, still lived there.

I don't know what you mean by the word 'thrived', so I tried to search it up on a online-dictionary but that didn't work either. If you mean: what lands were now glorious and important (or something like this), than I'd say Gondor and Arnor under the realm of Aragorn, Rivendell still was of importance.
'Yes, I, Gandalf the Grey,' said the wizard solemnly. 'There are many powers in the world, for good or for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming.'
lathspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 03:57 AM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

In Appendix A, (V), (RotK), the story of Arwen and Aragorn is told. At the end of that chapter, the name of their son Eldarion is mentioned and the fact that they also had daughters, but no names for them and no mention of their number. This chapter of the appendix is very good for reading if you are interested in more about Aragorn.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 03:57 PM   #4
AragornsHeir
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Thank you so much lathspell,
You are such a big help. I wasn't sure whether or not anyone dwelt in Rivendale. If you were wondering why I asked so urgently, I'm wrighting a fanfiction for this site. Aragorns Eldest daughter whom I'm going to call Dimalphion if nothing else. She will be forced to take the trone as her brother Eldarion is shot by a poison arrow and slips slowly into madness. It's an odd plot but I want as mutch fact as I can use but I might have to twist the history a bit. But hey they don't call it fan fiction for nothing. Please if anyone else can tell me any more information on this topic especialy the girls names that would help alot. one more thing how did Lothlorien become uninhabited.
Old 06-17-2002, 04:01 PM   #5
AragornsHeir
Animated Skeleton

Sting

I've read that part of the appendix. Dose anyone know if Mirkwood became uninhabited after Aragorn passed?
Old 06-19-2002, 07:00 AM   #6
lathspell
Regenerating Ringkeeper

lathspell has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think Mirkwood was still inhabited, and that Thranduil was still King there. But Legolas, son of Thranduil went with some of this folk (and maybe even some of Lothlorien, who knows) to Ithilien. They dwelt by the grace of Aragorn, as did Gimli in Aglarond.

greetings,
lathspell
'Yes, I, Gandalf the Grey,' said the wizard solemnly. 'There are many powers in the world, for good or for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming.'
lathspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 09:28 AM   #7
Legolas
A Northern Soul

Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Indeed, Aragorn's daughters are never named in what we're given.

Just a note...

thrive - to flourish, to survive/prosper, grow with great success
Old 06-19-2002, 01:15 PM   #8
Starbreeze
Ghost of a Smile

Starbreeze has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Starbreeze
Silmaril

I'm sure I have seen the name of one of Aragorn's daughters somewhere.

To write is to make dreams, to make dreams is to awaken the fantasy of the mind, to awaken the mind is to be a master.
Starbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 12:07 AM   #9
AragornsHeir
Animated Skeleton

Eye

Starbreez please try to remember.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:25 AM   #10
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Starbreeze, you do remember the name of one of Aragorn's daughter's, though it is not from the books. She is on this site somewhere, though I can't remember her name.

Mirkwood regained some of it's former glory and was renemed, Eryn Lasgalen, the Wood of Greenleaves. From what I understand, Celeborn and Thranduil joined together and renamed this region before he (Celeborn) left to dwell in Rivendell.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 06:31 AM   #11
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

But was Loth-Lorien abandoned because Galadriel left it? And is that also why Celeborn lived in Rivendell? Because maybe the Mallyrn-trees could not survive without the power of Galadriel's ring.

And didn't Elladan and Elrohir become mortal? I have not been able to find the answer to why they became mortal.