The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #81
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"t"s?
Old 09-02-2004, 11:32 AM   #82
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
"r"rrrrrr, please!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:43 PM   #83
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting

and some "A"s please.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:20 AM   #84
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
"---/t----/------/--/-----! t---'--/--ar/t--/-r-a-/--r/-----/a-a-/---r/--r-/a--/-t---."
R, A and T added!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:45 AM   #85
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
hmmmmm, R, A, and T - if I ask for an N, does that make it a "rant"?!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 09-04-2004, 07:14 AM   #86
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

and some "S"ssssss please.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:52 AM   #87
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
"---/t--s-/-----s/--/---n-! t---'--/--ar/t--/-r-a-/--r/----s/a-a-/---r/--r-/an-/-t-n-."
N and S added!
Old 09-06-2004, 02:49 AM   #88
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

E, please, Mariska!
Old 09-06-2004, 04:00 AM   #89
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
"---/t-ese/--ee-s/--/---ne! t-e-'--/-ear/t-e/-rea-/--r/---es/a-a-/--er/--re/an-/st-ne."
E was a good choice!
Old 09-08-2004, 01:42 AM   #90
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

How about an "H"?
Old 09-08-2004, 04:06 AM   #91
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
"H--/these/-hee-s/--/-h-ne! the-'--/hear/the/-rea-/--r/---es/a-a-/--er/--re/an-/st-ne."
With H's.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:35 AM   #92
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

and some "O"s.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:13 AM   #93
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
"Ho-/these/-hee-s/-o/-h-ne! the-'--/hear/the/-rea-/-or/---es/a-a-/o-er/--re/an-/stone."
Here you go! O's added.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:21 AM   #94
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

L, please
Old 09-08-2004, 12:47 PM   #95
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
"Ho-/these/-heels/-o/-h-ne! the-'ll/hear/the/-rea-/-or/--les/a-a-/o-er/--re/an-/stone."
Here you go. L's added.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:10 PM   #96
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Ah! It's from The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth Beorhthelm's Son. Torhthelm says:
Quote:
How these wheels do whine! They'll hear the creak
for miles away over mire and stone.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:24 AM   #97
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Exactly! Good work!
Old 09-09-2004, 06:07 AM   #98
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

New quote

- / - - - ’ - / - - - - - - - / - - - - / - - / - - - - / - - - - / - - - - - / - - - - / - - - / - - - - - / - - , / - - / - - - / - - - - / - - - / - - - - - / - - - - - , / - - / - - - - - / - - - - / - - / - - / - - - - / - - - / - - - - - .
Old 09-13-2004, 07:26 AM   #99
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Let's start of with R!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:28 AM   #100
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

- / - - - ’ - / - - - - - - - / - - - - / - - / - - - - / - - - - / - - - R - / - - - - / - R - / - - - - - / - - , / - R / - - - / - - - - / - R - / - - - - - / - - - R - , / - R / - - - - - / - - - - / - - / - - / - - - - / - - - / - - - R - .

Rrrrrready for the next letterrrrrr!
Old 09-13-2004, 01:50 PM   #101
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Ring

We wantss some deliciously crunchable "c"s.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:09 PM   #102
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I'm sorry, no Cs in the quote.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:10 AM   #103
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A's maybe?
Old 09-14-2004, 03:31 AM   #104
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

- / - - - ’ - / - - - - - - - / - A - - / - - / - - - - / - - - - / - - - R - / - - - - / A R - / - - - - - / - - , / - R / - - - / - - - - / A R - / - - - - - / - - - R - , / - R / - - - - - / - - - - / - - / - - / - - - - / - - - / - - - R - .
Old 09-14-2004, 05:43 AM   #105
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

sssssssss'essss pleasssse?
Old 09-14-2004, 06:47 AM   #106
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

ssssssssssorry, no Ssssssss in the quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:19 AM   #107
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

no Ssssssss? Then it canst be poor Smeagol.

How about some "g"s?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:29 AM   #108
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

- / - - - ’ - / - - - - - - - / - A - - / - - / - - - - / - - - - / - - - R - / - - - - / A R - / G - - - G / - - , / - R / - - - / - - - - / A R - / G - - - G / - - - R - , / - R / - - - - - / - - - - / - - / - - / - - - - / G - - / - - - R - .

Nope, no Smeagol - it's in one of the minor works, remember?
Old 09-14-2004, 08:44 AM   #109
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, there have to be some E's in there...
Old 09-14-2004, 10:27 AM   #110
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yess! Smeagol is a major work of art!

"o"s?
Old 09-14-2004, 10:36 AM   #111
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

- / - O - ’ - / - E - - E - E / - A - - / O - / - - E - / - - O - / - - E R E / - - E - / A R E / G O - - G / - O , / O R / - - - / - - E - / A R E / G O - - G / - - E R E , / O R / - O - - - / - - O - / - - / - - / - - E - / G O - / - - E R E .
Old 09-14-2004, 03:15 PM   #112
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"w"s?
Old 09-14-2004, 03:24 PM   #113
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

- / - O - ’ - / - E - - E - E / - A - - / O - / - - E - / - - O W / W - E R E / - - E - / A R E / G O - - G / - O , / O R / W - - / - - E - / A R E / G O - - G / - - E R E , / O R / W O - - - / - - O W / - - / - - / - - E - / G O - / - - E R E .
Old 09-15-2004, 04:51 AM   #114
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

H please?
Old 09-15-2004, 06:11 AM   #115
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"y"s?
Old 09-15-2004, 07:39 AM   #116
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

-/-o-’-/-e--e-e/ha--/o-/-he-/--ow/where/-hey/are/go--g/-o,/or/why/-hey/are/go--g/-here,/or/wo---/--ow/--/--/-hey/go-/-here.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:14 PM   #117
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"t"s?
Old 09-20-2004, 01:04 AM   #118
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

'T's for you... (good choice!)

-/-o-’t/-e--e-e/ha--/o-/the-/--ow/where/they/are/go--g/to,/or/why/they/are/go--g/there,/or/wo---/--ow/-t/--/they/got/there.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:45 AM   #119
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
I remember that one, we've had it in MW quotes ;)

The dry land, he found, was often as dangerous a place for a dog as the moon or the ocean, though much duller. Motor after motor racketed by, filled (Rover thought) with the same people, all making all speed (and all dust and all smell) to somewhere.
'I don't believe half of them know where they are going to, or why they are going there, or would know it if they got there,' grumbled Rover as he coughed and choked; and his feet got tired on the hard, gloomy, black roads.

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 06:52 AM   #120
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Indeed we have, HI - it's one of my favorites from Roverandom! Welcome to the only "minor works" thread you hadn't posted on till now - your turn.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 09-28-2004 at 06:55 AM. Reason: To welcome HI