The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #481
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
To Rikae

Am I missing somethign really obvious - why would it be so inprobable that you and Nogrod are wolves together?

Also
Quote:
Originally Posted by the list of could be wolf with Lommy
Menel (actually, slightly more so because of his Day 1 defense of her)
His what?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #482
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I second that.

Rikae, Menel attacked her on Day 1!

And I don't understand the reasoning behind much of that list.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #483
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Because I've been arguing he's a wolf all day and will vote for him if he's up for lynching? Sure, it could be wolf-on-wolf, but this would be a silly time for it indeed.

Menel accused Mac of jumping on you on day one. (This is odd behavior on his part, though, too, coming after his bizarre jump on you for "abusing" Gwath.)

EDIT: Crossed with Nerwen, in reply to Lommy.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #484
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I see what you mean, now– but I'd call that an attack on Mac rather than a defense of Lommy. Whereas Menel really went after Lommy on Day 1– I can't see them being wolves together.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #485
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
You know what drives me crazy? I've put more effort into this game than anyone - at least, it looks that way to me - and I've been nothing but wrong so far. Quite depressing, as well as embarrassing. If I'm wrong again toDay, I might just hang up my ... keyboard? ... and retire from WW.
Haha, a bit like what I felt in Nogrod's game, though I doubt I was putting the most effort. I really hope you are Innocent and we win this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Also it's funny that as my last reaction to Mac's revealed innocence was that people should look at Lommy and Rikae if I'm not around anymore the next Day begins with those two buddying up to get me lynched...
You seem to forget that a Wolf can't be lynched without people buddying up against him/her, especially in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I agree. Though Volo has been surprisingly calm toDay, now that he seems to have come under some pressure.
I'm just too tired to have wonderful ideas.

EDIT: Xd with everything since my last post. (Having dinner in front of the screen.)
Old 03-03-2008, 10:57 AM   #486
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Actually, I have a paper to finish in the next three hours and, as crucial as toDay is, I will flunk out of college if I don't finish this paper. As long as I'm engaged with this game, I can't do anything else, so I am going to vote and forget it.
Besides, I am as sure as I think I can be. I think Nogrod is a wolf, too, but if so, this is just about certain, and if not, this is still likely.

++Menel

"To whatever end"

EDIT: X'd with Nerwen and Volo. Yes, Nerwen, I suppose you're right - it is unlikely (and thus, I'd say, unlikely Lommy's a wolf.)
Old 03-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #487
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Rikae, I would so much have preferred you to vote Nogrod... I do not think Menel is a wolf unless Nogrod's too (which does not seem unlikely though). Now let's just hope you're correct. And while I understand now what you said about Menel defending me, I think it's odd that you say it's impossible that you and Nogrod are wolves together yet it is possible, according to you, that I and Nogrod are...
Old 03-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #488
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
And no, Volo, that was not a slip of any kind. I don't hold a grudge against the wolves (unless they win ) and I just couldn't phrase that in any better way.
Why me?

#480 Rikae, that's the most hilarious post I've seen since '95. Thanks for doing it, but I must disappoint you by thinking that it can't be so easy.

Oh dear, just as I was going to vote for Durelin. Well, I don't have the chances to disagree with you, Rikae, as I have decided to trust you and we can't go voting for different players really, can we. For best or worst then, I guess...

++Menel
Old 03-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #489
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Before this gets heated...

Sorry Lommy. It was not my intention to be insulting. Please try to see it this way.

I have a suspicion you're a wolf trying to come up with a case against me - and as I'm innocent you need to fabricate it. After a few posts you see everything's working fine and are pleased with yourself. And you remember: Greenie talked about not having time to play toDay! That would suit the logic you had yourself tried to tie me into just perfectly. Now it would be a bit nasty to use that kind of RL material - none the less as it's invented - but you could always add a disclaimer that "don't use this against Noggie" as the suspicion has been aroused already. And even if you were innocent I don't think using that kind of argument against someone you aren't sure with is a well-thought of idea. It kind of goes against the spirit of the game. So that's the reason I got a bit carried away. Sorry for that.

I'm tending to think you then just forgot the deadline-thing altogether as you just got that bright idea and got a bit carried away with the ingenuity of it. And now you have to defend yourself because I managed to point the case was flawed.

If for some reason you are innocent try to think it from my point of view. If you're a wolf, then we'd surely do well to lynch you.

---

I see things are going on... I'll be back after reading the latest...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #490
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

All right, then–

++Menel.

And Rikae– if you're wrong about him, I swear I will kill you.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #491
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Like father, like daughter? Something about your attack on him (and his on you) looked possibly preplanned to me.
Still, you look more innocent than he (or Menel) does.

At any rate, if you want to lynch Nogrod, there are still four innocent votes with which to do so. I've made my case against him and would like to see him lynched as much as Menel.

NOW, that paper.

EDIT: X'd with everybody since Lommy's post 487. Volo and Nerwen jumped on that a little too quick...
Old 03-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #492
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Oh man - Volo is clearly gloating, and why does Nerwen vote along with her top suspect? Menel, Lommy, Nogrod, Mith, Durelin - four of you might be innocent - you can still lynch Volo...
Old 03-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #493
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
*darn these failing net-accesses*

Whoa!

Three votes for Menel in such a short period?

Okay. If we have it right it's all fine and dandy but if we haven't it's a village loss.

Unless there are two wolves with the voters...

EDIT: clearly X'd with a lot...
Old 03-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #494
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Rikae, you got me to put Volo further down my suspect list– and you just made this huge case for voting Menel!

That post of Volo's does look awfully like a gloat, now that you mention it... Oh dear. I think I might have just done something very unfortunate.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:31 AM   #495
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Congratulations, Wolves, you've played well. I guess those Gifteds really do make a difference...

Anyhow, I didn't notice that I was following Nogrod on much, except for his Nerwenalysis. For instance, on Day 2 I hardly had the time to review the thread. I guess some of the comments I was looking at for help were Nogrod's then, but I wasn't actually trying to shadow him or anything.

Not that this is going to make any difference, but...

++Nogrod
Old 03-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #496
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Oh man - Volo is clearly gloating
It looks like it. But then again - like people have said all Day long - he might just be Volo.

Any other ideas anyone?

I could see either one of them (Menel & Volo) as a wolf and happily there is some light in the darkness we are that the ratio between wolves and innocents is such that we can hit a wolf with pure chance as well.

Depending on the number of wolves that have voted already we either have a chance or then not.

If there are two wolves there voting for Menel (innocent in that case) we can lynch anyone still.

So let's try to look around anyhow. *I I'd need to read those essays!*

EDIT: X'd with Nerwen and Menel
Old 03-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #497
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Who hasn't voted yet?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #498
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
...oh, wait, I guess there might be time to turn things around, but I doubt all of the people voting for me are innocent.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #499
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Rikae -> Menel
Volo -> Menel
Nerwen -> Menel 3
Menel -> Nogrod 1

That should be correct.

So not voted yet: Mith, Lommy, Durelin, Nogrod
Old 03-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #500
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
...oh, wait, I guess there might be time to turn things around, but I doubt all of the people voting for me are innocent.
Not anymore, now that you've voted for Nogrod. He's not going to vote for himself.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #501
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So apparently Menel is the scapegoat toDay...is there anything more we can do to fix this?
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #502
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

We just lost the game I guess. I bet Durelin's a wolf alongside with Nerwen and Volo and they just did it. *le sigh*

edit: xed with Durelin
Old 03-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #503
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

No, Nogrod could be a wolf as well. Or whatever. What was the rule if two people reach the same vote count?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #504
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, you're wrong.

EDIT: X'd with Lommy.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #505
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Well, you're wrong.
Granted, if you and Volo are wolves together you are evil... but the way you jumped on Rikae's vote imples that at least one of you is guilty...
Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #506
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
No, Nogrod could be a wolf as well. Or whatever. What was the rule if two people reach the same vote count?
I think the mod does a coin toss.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #507
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Volo looks clearly evil, so Menel's clearly not. The only other choice we have since Menel's vote is Nogrod, and so the only chance we have is if Nerwen and Nogrod are the remaining wolves with Volo, in which case the remaining three innocents can vote for Nogrod at the last minute and lynch him.
Menel, why did you vote for Nogrod so quickly, when Volo looks so much like he's gloating?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #508
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Not anymore, now that you've voted for Nogrod. He's not going to vote for himself.
Now I need to count this...

I'm innocent so Menel's vote is one down to us.

Menel has three votes so there might be three wolves trying a pretty daring tactics... alright, I'm not too convinced about that idea myself either (even if I find both Nerwen and Volo from my list of suspicion).

But if there is even one innocent there (and Menel is innocent) it means we've lost this.

But if Menel is a wolf? And those voting for him are innocents? Then we have hope still...

OMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
So apparently Menel is the scapegoat toDay...is there anything more we can do to fix this?
We'll lynch him and hope for the best team to win!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #509
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I checked. It will be chosen randomly. So do we stand a chance of winning even if Menel's innocent?

I'd like to quote Monty Pythn and say "my brain hurts"... wait a minute, I'll think this through and be back, I can't concentarte right now...

edit: xed with the three last posts
Old 03-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #510
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I think the mod does a coin toss.
Isn't it the last to reach the count who's lynched?

EDIT: X'd with last Lommy, clearly
Old 03-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #511
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

++ Menel

May the force be with us.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #512
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Somehow Nogrod looks terribly gloating as well...

edit: xed with wolfgrod
Old 03-03-2008, 11:50 AM   #513
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
We'll lynch him and hope for the best team to win!
Hm, how about we lynch YOU and hope the same?

I'll never finish that paper...
Old 03-03-2008, 11:51 AM   #514
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ah, here's what Agan has to say about same number of votes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
No multiple lynches. In case of a tie, the lynchee will be chosen randomly.
Well...might be an apt way to end this insanity, leaving ourselves to chance, but not preferable...

Volo's feigned regret that Rikae did not vote for me is odd, considering it was just one vote. Nerwen's aggression towards Rikae also seems fake...

If Menel was really a wolf I would have expected him to hold off on his vote, but maybe I'm really blind...

Edit: Crossed with everyone since...Lommy's post #505
Old 03-03-2008, 11:51 AM   #515
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Now you Nerwen, Volo and Nogrod may congratulate yourselves. After all, Nogrod was the only one I caught and it took me quite long to realise his role.

edit: xed with Rikae and Dury
Old 03-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #516
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh maybe I was wrong. Maybe Rikae is a blatant liar and I'm wrong about either Nerwen or Volo. But I don't suspect Durelin anymore, for some reason....
Old 03-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #517
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Lommy, if Nerwen's a wolf we have a 50/50 chance.
*kicks self for not voting Nogrod*
Durelin, Mith, Lommy, what are you waiting for?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #518
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

If Lommy, Mith, and I all vote for Nogrod, will that tie him up with Menel?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #519
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I suggest that I, Durelin and Mith all vote Nogrod. That way it's going to be fifty-fifty, at least, unless Nogrod is innocent too and I'm been so fooled that I feel like skipping Legate's game and the DW2 after all.

Does this suggestion make sense? Are there any better ones?

edit: xed with Rikae and Durelin
Old 03-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #520
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ok, it's plain to me (and should be to anyone) that Nogrod and Volo are wolves. We've either lost (if Nerwen is innocent) or will win if the coin flip is in our favor (we'll know all the wolves' identities.)
Mith, Durelin, Lommy, please, vote for Nogrod....

EDIT: X'd with last two posts, clearly.
(Still, I fear Nerwen's not a wolf, since I doubt Noggie and Volo would dare be so obvious if they hadn't won already)