The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
WW: XCVIII ~ Death at the Foot of Taniquetil

In the days of peace in Valinor a dark evil has grown among Elves and Valar alike. Assumed to be the result of an evil work of Melkor, previously non-violent Elves have turned upon each other in vicious ways. Many of the inhabitants of the land have fled to the relative safety of the mountain home of Manwe. However, at the foot of the mountain, danger lurks in one small village ...

Roles

Wolves (3): The wolves do not know who their fellows are. Each Night each wolf may choose one villager to dream about. If a wolf dreams of a fellow wolf they are then allowed to PM. If they dream of a non-wolf they are informed that villager is innocent regardless of special role. During the Nights when the wolves do not know their fellows each wolf sends a list of three names to the Mod in preferential order. If the same name appears on more than one list that villager is killed. If no name appears more than once there is no kill. When two wolves are aware of each other they jointly send a list and the lone wolf sends a list and the same thing happens. Once all the wolves know each other the kill proceeds as usual.

Feanor (Seer): Consults the stones each Night. Informed of the role of any villager xe dreams.

Manwe (Ranger): May protect one villager during the Night.
This role is negotiable. If we think the village will have too much power with the wolves not knowing each other to begin with we can drop the Ranger.

Votes: Votes are not retractable. To be considered valid, each vote must be bolded and preceded by two plus signs, like this:

++Kath

In the event of a tie, the lynchee will be chosen at random from among the top vote-getters.

Other Rules: Anybody who does not post for an entire day or does not vote for two days in a row will be modfired unless they provide a good reason on the Admin Thread.

The deadline will be 10pm GMT. This is pretty much non-negotiable as it has to work around school for me.

Player wise I think at least 12 players would be good to give the wolves having to find each other at least a little tough. Probably not more than 15 so it isn't impossible.

Sign up is open from now. Roles are welcomed. We won't be starting before Monday 1st October as I am away the weekend before that.

Please remember if you don't think you have time to play or don't wish to play but would like to be a guest narrator then let me know! I'm not a great one and would love some of the wonderful writers out there to get involved.

Players:
Rune
Greenie
Shasta
G55?
sally
Boro
Pom
Nerwen
Coppermirror
skip spence
MCR

Last edited by Kath; 10-02-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote