The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-20-2001, 06:46 PM   #41
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring

<BR> Re: Re:better/disater cast</b><br><br> Klaus. Good call. Also, I think someone mentioned him in another thread, but the name bears repeating -- how did Max Von Sydow not end up in this film?! <br> <br> John Malkovich as Wormtongue and Christopher Walken as the Mouth. Sam Elliott as Halbarad. <p></p>
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 04:39 PM   #42
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> worst cast</b><br><br> Well, after some long thinking I came up with my worst list:<br> <br> Frodo: That guy who plays mini-me<br> Sam: Jonathan Lipniki (kid from Jerry McGuire)<br> Merry and Pippen: Mary Kate and Ashley (shudder)<br> Bilbo: Gary Coleman (whatchoo talkin' bout Frodo?)<br> Aragorn: The Rock<br> Gandalf: William Shatner (you must....destroy..the ring)<br> Legolas: Leonardo DiCapprio<br> Boromir: Lucy Lawless<br> Gimli: all I can say is, Disney dwarf &quot;Grumpy&quot;<br> Arwen: Joan Jet (or Sandra Bullock)<br> Galadriel: Kathie Lee Gifford<br> Elrond: Regis Philbin (in keeping with the theme)<br> Other Hobbits: cast of Rugrats<br> Saruman: a member of ZZ top <p></p>
Old 03-17-2001, 04:58 PM   #43
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Best Cast</b><br><br> Aragorn = Bob Hope<br> Galadriel = Phyllis Diller<br> Gandalf = Tiny Tim<br> Gimli = Andre the Giant<br> Legolas = Orson Welles<br> Boromir = Mickey Rooney<br> Faramir = Mickey Rooney<br> Frodo = Arnold Scwarzenegger<br> Sam = Moe Howard<br> Merry = Larry Fine<br> Pippin = Joe Howard<br> Gollum = Shemp Howard<br> Arwen = Rosanne Barr<br> Éomer = Brad Pitt<br> Éowynn = Brad Pitt<br> Elrond = Mr. Bean<br> The Gaffer = Harpo Marx<br> <br> <br> I'll try to come up with a Worst Cast later...<br> <p><center> <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">Barrow-Downs</a>~<a href="http://www.geocities.com/robertwgardner2000">Bare Bones</a>~<a href="http://www.robertwgardner2000/gilthalion.html">Grand Adventures</a>~<a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/fanfichobbits.asp">The Hobbits</a>~<a href="http://www.tolkientrail.com">Tolkien Trail</a> </center></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000006>Gilthali on</A> at: 3/17/01 5:59:02 pm<br></i>
Old 03-17-2001, 05:36 PM   #44
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

<BR> Re: worst cast</b><br><br> oops, I forgot:<br> <br> Eomer- Jim Carey<br> Orcs- Sigfried and Roy, the actors who play The Lone Gunmen, and the Borg<br> Faramir- Keanu Reeves<br> <br> That's it for now...<br> <p>-*-The X Phial-*- You must believe in free will, you have no choice. Isaac Singer</p>
Old 03-18-2001, 02:21 PM   #45
KayQy
Wight

KayQy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to KayQy
Ring

<BR>Resistance is futile!</b><br><br> Borg orcs! I love it! They would have to totally change the plot, though, so 7 of 9 or 1 could seduce someone.<br> <br> Gil: Just out of curiosity, in what sense is that a Best Cast? <br> <br> <p></p>

--OC Supertones, "Wilderness"

"Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter." -- Max Beerbohm
KayQy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 02:28 PM   #46
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> <br> Depends on what you're in the mood for! <p><center> <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">Barrow-Downs</a>~<a href="http://www.geocities.com/robertwgardner2000">Bare Bones</a>~<a href="http://www.robertwgardner2000/gilthalion.html">Grand Adventures</a>~<a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/fanfichobbits.asp">The Hobbits</a>~<a href="http://www.tolkientrail.com">Tolkien Trail</a> </center></p>
Old 03-18-2001, 06:02 PM   #47
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Orald has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orald Send a message via Yahoo to Orald
Ring

<BR><br><br> A comedy. Of the Space Balls sort. Or maybe Monty Python:Quest for the Holy Grail. The latter suits LotR better since it isn't futuristic but in the past. <p>Thus even as Eru spoke to us shall beauty not before conceived be brought into Eä, and evil be good to have been.</p>
Orald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 10:15 PM   #48
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

<BR><br><br> I guess we've exhausted this thread...oh well, it was fun while it lasted. <p>-*-The X Phial-*- You must believe in free will, you have no choice. Isaac Singer</p>
Old 03-29-2001, 01:21 PM   #49
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Ring

<BR><br><br> Who says it's spent? Gilbert Gottfried as Gollum! <br> <br> How about an all Latino cast? <br> <br> Bilbo -- Cheech Marin<br> Frodo -- Oscar De La Hoya<br> Sam -- Ruben Blades<br> Merry -- Enrique Iglesias<br> Pippin -- Lou Diamond Phillips<br> Gandalf -- Wolfman Jack<br> Aragorn -- Antonio Banderas (Jimmy Smits?)<br> Legolas -- Andy Garcia<br> Gimli -- Paul Rodriguez<br> Denethor -- Edward James Olmos<br> Theoden -- Tito Puente <br> Boromir -- Benicio Del Toro<br> Faramir -- Ricky Martin<br> Wormtongue -- Miguel Ferrer<br> Arwen -- Jennifer Lopez<br> Saruman -- Anthony Quinn<br> Gollum -- John Leguizamo<br> Galadriel -- Salma Hayek <p></p>
Old 06-15-2001, 12:45 PM   #50
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Ring

<BR> Re: Resistance is futile!</b><br><br> If LotR had been made as a 60's all-star adventure movie: <br> <br> Bilbo -- Sir Alec Guinness<br> Frodo -- Peter O'Toole<br> Sam -- Gene Hackman<br> Merry -- Michael Caine<br> Pippin -- Donald Sutherland<br> Gandalf -- Sir John Gielgud<br> Aragorn -- Clint Eastwood (or you could go William Holden)<br> Legolas -- Robert Redford<br> Gimli -- Telly Savalas (or George Kennedy)<br> Denethor -- Yul Brynner<br> Theoden -- Carroll O'Connor<br> Boromir -- Charles Bronson<br> Faramir -- Steve McQueen<br> Wormtongue -- Robert Vaughn (or Dennis Hopper)<br> Arwen -- Raquel Welch<br> Saruman -- Henry Fonda<br> Gollum -- Don Rickles<br> Galadriel -- Jane Fonda<br> Éomer -- James Coburn<br> Orcs -- Eli Wallach, Ben Johnson, Bruce Dern, Strother Martin<br> <br> Heh. This one probably means nothing to most Down-ers, but I think it's good! <p></p>
Old 06-15-2001, 07:47 PM   #51
Zoe
Wight

Zoe has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> When you said Michael Caine as Merry, I thought of Michael Caine in <i> Educating Rita</i>... Merry the drunk who needs a haircut! (suppresses a laugh)<br> <br> I hope I'm not mixing up my actors and making a fool of myself... <p>"This sig is proudly quote-free." -Me.<br> (Also known as eoz, and now has a non-Tolkien forum, called <a href="http://pub57.ezboard.com/beverythingelse45161">everything else</a>.) </p>
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 09:31 AM   #52
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Ring

<BR><br><br> lol. No, he's the same actor, but I was thinking of the late 60's/early 70's era Caine, a leaner, meaner customer. See <i> Zulu</i>, <i> The Ipcress File</i>, or <i> The Man Who Would Be King</i> (one of my all-time favorites!). But the hair is right, isn't it? Didn't that ent-draught grow a nice big bushy coiffure, too? <p></p>
Old 06-16-2001, 08:43 PM   #53
Zoe
Wight

Ring

<BR><br><br> But not one <i> that</i> 80s, I hope. <p>"This sig is proudly quote-free." -Me.<br> (Also known as eoz, and now has a non-Tolkien forum, called <a href="http://pub57.ezboard.com/beverythingelse45161">everything else</a>.) </p>
Old 06-18-2001, 11:10 AM   #54
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Ring

<BR><br><br> The 80's -- the decade of Big Hair! What better decade to draw tonsorial inspiration from? <br> <br> Besides, it's not <i> that</i> bad. I mean it ain't Jon Bon Jovi. Imagine Merry with <i> this</i> hairdo: <br> <p></p>
Old 06-19-2001, 12:13 AM   #55
Zoe
Wight

Ring

<BR><br><br> Excuse me while I run away in horror... <br> <br> I have to agree there. Compared to Bon Jovi, Michael Caine looks very un-80s. Except for the beard. <p>"This sig is proudly quote-free." -Me.<br> (Also known as eoz, and now has a non-Tolkien forum, called <a href="http://pub57.ezboard.com/beverythingelse45161">everything else</a>.) </p>
Old 06-22-2001, 10:47 PM   #56
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Ring

<BR><br><br> I love that picture. Just look at Jon flipping the big thumbs-up. He's just so positive. Letting you know everything's gonna be o-tay. You tell 'em, Jon!<br> <br> Carroll O'Connor RIP. Along with all the other dead guys on my list. <p></p>
Old 06-23-2001, 04:35 AM   #57
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Well, after all, he's a cowboy. On a steel horse he rides. He's wanted, Dead or Alive. <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>
Old 06-25-2001, 05:25 AM   #58
Maglor68
Wight

Maglor68 has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>The South Park Cast</b><br><br> I tried to get something like this going on another thread, but thought it would work here.<br> <br> Frodo - Stan<br> Sam - Kyle<br> Merry - Cartman<br> Pippin - Kenny<br> Gandalf - Chef<br> Aragorn - Mr. Marsh<br> Boromir - Uncle Jimbo<br> Legolas - Butters<br> Gimli - Tweak<br> Tom Bombadil - Big Gay Al<br> Goldberry - Mrs. Cartman<br> Elrond - Mr. Mackey<br> Galadriel - Principal Victoria<br> Arwen - Mrs. Marsh<br> Faramir - Ned<br> Bilbo - Timmy<br> Gollum - Starvin Marvin (actually suggested by someone else)<br> Saruman - The Mad Scientist<br> Wormtongue - Kevin<br> Lord of the Nazgul - Mr. Garrison<br> Gothmog - Mr. Hat <p></p>
Maglor68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 07:22 PM   #59
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

<BR><br><br> That's fabulous, I would see that movie, lol. <p>-*-The X Phial-*- "Yet more fair is the living land of Lorien, and the Lady Galadriel is above all the jewels that lie beneath the earth!"</p>
Old 06-28-2001, 10:48 AM   #60
LionPixie
Animated Skeleton

LionPixie has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Cast</b><br><br> Best<br> <br> Saruman: Black Adder<br> Worm Tongue: Pee Wee Herman<br> <br> Frodo: Davy Jones<br> Sam: Micky Dolenz<br> Merry: Mike Nezmeth<br> Pippin: Peter Tork<br> <br> Nine Riders:<br> Eric Idle<br> Terry Jones<br> Graham Chapman<br> Monty Python, et al. (Ni!)<br> <br> Gollum: Robin Williams<br> <br> <br> Faramir: Rob Morrow<br> Galadriel: Madeline Kahn<br> Eowyn: Ellen Degenerous<br> Aragorn: Alec Baldwin<br> Arwen: Janine Turner<br> Legolas: Tuvok<br> Gimli: Neelix <br> Gandalf: John Lithgow<br> Barliman Butterbur: Kramer<br> <br> Theoden: Kelsey Grahmer<br> Eomer: Tom Hanks<br> <br> Shelob: Rosanne Barr<br> <br> Orgs: <p></p>
LionPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 10:54 AM   #61
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Ring

<BR><br><br> Brilliant! Roseanne Barr as Shelob is especially inspired casting. I take it this is the TV sitcom version of LotR, perhaps retitled <i> Four Hobbits, A Wizard, and a Magic Ring</i>, or perhaps <i> Gandalf in Charge</i>. <p></p>
Old 06-28-2001, 11:15 AM   #62
LionPixie
Animated Skeleton

Ring

<BR>Worst Cast</b><br><br> Gandalf: Walter Kronkite<br> Eowyn: Sally Solomon or Goldi Hawn<br> Bilbo: Jonothan Winters<br> Boromir: John Wayne<br> Elrond: Ted Koppel<br> Galadriel: Lilly Tomlin<br> Aragorn: Dan Rather<br> Pippin: Pinoccio<br> Frodo: Bobby Sherman<br> Merry:Matthew Broderick<br> Sam: Nathan Lane<br> Saruman: Alec Guiness<br> Wormtongue: Earnest<br> Faramir: Michael Landon<br> Denathor: Charleton Heston<br> Theoden: Carrol O'Connor<br> Mouth of Sauron: Kurt Russell<br> <p></p>
Old 06-28-2001, 11:23 AM   #63
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Ring

<BR><br><br> Hey, you're good at this game! My hat is off to you. <p></p>
Old 06-28-2001, 11:29 AM   #64
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

<BR>The Lord of the Rings Classic Rock n Roll Opera</b><br><br> This will be obscure for many people, but some may get a kcik out of it.<br> <br> Frodo - Gene Simmons<br> Samwise - Ace Frehley<br> Merry - Paul Stanley<br> Pippin - Peter Kris<br> Gandalf - Edgar Winter<br> Aragorn - Bruce Springsteen<br> Boromir - Ted Nugent<br> Legolas - Darryl Hall<br> Gimli - John Oats<br> <br> Gollum - George Thoroughgood<br> Sauron - Ric Ocasek<br> Saruman - Ozzy Osbourne<br> Lord of the Nazgûl - Alice Cooper<br> Wormtongue - Bob Dylan<br> <br> Eowyn - Pat Benatar<br> Arwen - Joan Jet<br> Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir - The Blackhearts<br> Faramir - Marc Bolan<br> Treebeard - Robert Plant<br> Ents - ZZ Top<br> <br> Barliman Butterbur - Meatloaf<br> <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>
Old 06-28-2001, 11:53 AM   #65
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Ring

<BR><br><br> I love this thread. How about a few additions: <br> <br> Ted Sandyman -- Don Henley<br> Éomer -- Rod Stewart<br> The Gaffer -- Billy Joel<br> Ghân-buri-Ghân -- Leon Russell<br> Faramir's men -- the rest of the Eagles<br> Orcs -- The Ramones <p></p>
Old 06-28-2001, 11:59 AM   #66
LionPixie
Animated Skeleton

Ring

<BR>Roman Polanski, Director</b><br><br> <br> Sauron: Hanibal Lechtern (No lines, just sits and thinks of fava beans and chianti)<br> <br> Mouth of Sauron: Bob Newhart (I'm...I'm...mmm I'm, I'm the mouth of Sauron..)<br> <br> Wormtongue: Jason Alexander<br> <br> Orgs: The Dallas Cowboys, et al.<br> <br> Saramon: Mr. Burns (Simpsons) &quot;Interesting..&quot;<br> <br> Celeborn: Stuart French<br> Galadriel: Cher (women characters usually cast like this)<br> <br> <p></p>
Old 06-28-2001, 12:03 PM   #67
LionPixie
Animated Skeleton

Ring

<BR>Singers. Let's make it a musical!</b><br><br> <br> Rose Gamgee: Dolly Parton <p></p>
Old 06-28-2001, 12:21 PM   #68
LionPixie
Animated Skeleton

Ring

<BR>Bad casting</b><br><br> Hobbit's at Bilbo's going away party:<br> <br> The Proudfeet (err..Proudfoots): <br> George Jefferson<br> Tony Danza<br> Rosie O'Donnell<br> <br> Tooks, Brandybucks, Bolgers<br> Dick Cavitt<br> Tom and Dick Smothers<br> Dan Akroid<br> Gene Wilder<br> Jane Curtin<br> James Garner<br> Bill Murray<br> Gilda Radner<br> Robert Wagner<br> William Shatner<br> Kirk Douglas<br> Tony Curtis<br> Kate Mulgrew<br> Christopher Lloyd<br> <br> Tom Bombadil's Wife: Julie Andrews <p></p>
Old 06-28-2001, 12:23 PM   #69
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Ring

<BR><br><br> I think Shatner would make a fine Old Took. <p></p>
Old 06-29-2001, 06:30 AM   #70
LionPixie
Animated Skeleton

Ring

<BR>Reeeealy bad casting</b><br><br> Having too much fun with this: <br> Following are stand-ins and stunt doubles<br> <br> Saraman = Lee Marvin<br> Fatty Bolger = Norm Peterson<br> Tom Bombadil = Fred Astaire<br> Butterbur = Drew Carey<br> Jimmy Stewart = Frodo<br> Isildur = Tyrone Power<br> Alan Alda = Merry<br> Wild Man of the Forest = Tim Allen<br> Arwen = Demi Moore<br> Paths of the Dead, Dead Man = Humphrey Bogart<br> Galadriel - Kathrine Hepburn<br> Legolas = Errol Flynn<br> Bree Tavern = Jamie Farr<br> Denathor = Boris Karloff<br> Celeborn = Marlon Brando<br> Bill the Pony = Dick Van Dyke <br> Faramir = Tom Selek<br> Boromir = Burt Reynolds<br> Theoden = Edward G. Robinson<br> Eowyn = Kes or 7 of 9?<br> Shire Ruffian = Regis Filben<br> Dunadain = Ted Dansen<br> Barrow Wight = The Crock Hunter<br> Sam's wife Rose: Betty White<br> Gandalf's Horse = Ceasar Romero<br> Treebeard = Herman Munster<br> Aragorn = Sylvester Stalone<br> Gollum = Dana Carvey<br> Gandalf = Charleton Heston <p></p>
Old 06-29-2001, 06:42 AM   #71
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Ring

<BR><br><br> I like the way you think. This is casting outside the box! Who would have ever thought of the 6'4&quot; Jimmy Stewart to play a Hobbit?! &lt;Jimmy Stewart voice&gt; &quot;Wha-wha-what's that you say? To Mordor?! I'm not going to Mordor!&quot;.... &quot;Merry Christmas Lothlorien! Merry Christmas, Rivendell! Merry Christmas you old Bag End!&quot;<br> <br> The Crock Hunter as the Barrow-wight! &quot;Crikey! This Hobbit's a beauty! Look at the distinctive fur on his feet. Whoa! You're cranky, aren't ya? You're okay!&quot;<br> <br> Jamie Farr as Nob, that's a fit, but Edward G. Robinson is truly unique casting. &quot;I'm not coming back from this ride alive, see?&quot;<br> <br> You've outdone yourself. <p></p>
Old 06-29-2001, 07:27 AM   #72
LionPixie
Animated Skeleton

Ring

<BR>And now, our feature presentation</b><br><br> A Ron Howard Production<br> <br> Starring: Martin Short, Michael J. Fox, Pauli Shore, Dana Carey and Leonardo DiCaprio<br> <br> featuring...<br> <br> Patrick Swayze as Glorfindel<br> John Travolta as Legolas<br> Chevy Chase as Boromir<br> Rodney Dangerfield as Butterbur<br> Margot Kidder as Arwen<br> Steve Martin as Elrond<br> Carol Burnet as Eowyn<br> Brad Pitt as Eomer<br> Denver Pyle as Gandalf (Duke's of Hazard Uncle Jesse)<br> Meryle Streep as Galadriel<br> Jim Carey as the Mouth of Sauron (Big mouth) <br> <br> <br> <p></p>
Old 06-29-2001, 07:54 AM   #73
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Ring

<BR><br><br> Rodney Dangerfield is wasted as Butterbur -- he should be playing Gandalf! He always comes on strong at the end of his movies; I can hear his line-reading of &quot;I too am steward. Did you not know?&quot; like he was standing right in front of me. <br> <p></p>
Old 06-29-2001, 10:58 AM   #74
LionPixie
Animated Skeleton

Ring

<BR>Better</b><br><br> Butterbur = Tim Conway or Lou Costello<br> Goldilocks = Sally Struthers<br> Gloin = Ed Asner<br> Goldberry = Courtney Love<br> Rohirim = Roddy McDowell<br> Ted Sandyman = Harvey Korman<br> Lurtz = Capt. Binghamton<br> Galadriel = Oprah<br> Aragorn = Arnold Schwartzenegger<br> Eowyn = Loretta Switt (aka Major Margaret Hullahan)<br> she'll beat the &amp;* out of 'em <p></p>
Old 06-29-2001, 11:43 AM   #75
LionPixie
Animated Skeleton

Ring

<BR>worse....</b><br><br> Bilbo = Mickey Rooney<br> Gandalf = Carl Malden<br> Aragorn = Clint Eastwood &quot;Make my day&quot; or Robert <br> Mitchum<br> Faramir = Richard Chamberlain or Tom Sellek <br> Eomer = Richard Dreyfuss or Robert Redford<br> Legolas = Dr. Niles Crane<br> Frodo = Dudley Moore<br> Tom Bombadil = Ray Ramano <br> Pippin = Steve Irkle &quot;Did I do thaaaat?&quot; <p></p>
Old 06-30-2001, 10:06 AM   #76
Evenspire
Haunting Spirit

Evenspire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Characters</b><br><br> <br> And what of Bill Ferny. Don Rickles? <p></p>
Evenspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 06:45 AM   #77
Evenspire
Haunting Spirit

Ring

<BR>Casting</b><br><br> Nazgul: Columbo, Inspector Cluseau, Maxwell Smart <p></p>
Old 07-05-2001, 08:40 AM   #78
Maglor68
Wight

Maglor68 has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Eowyn</b><br><br> I think we all need to thank Eowyn for starting this thread!<br> <br> - Maglor <p></p>
Maglor68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 09:31 AM   #79
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Ring

<BR><br><br> Here’s another obscure one, but I was wondering what LotR would be like if it was made as a mob movie…<br> <br> Bilbo --&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Robert De Niro (Paul Vitti in <i> Analyze This</i>)<br> Frodo – Al Pacino (Michael Corleone)<br> Sam – Joe Pesci (Tommy DeVito in <i> Goodfellas</i>)<br> Merry -- Tony Sirico (Paulie on <i> The Sopranos</i>)<br> Pippin -- Michael Imperioli (Christopher on <i> The Sopranos</i>)<br> Gollum – John Cazale (Fredo)<br> Gandalf –- Marlon Brando (Don Corleone – “Frodo, what have I ever done to you that you treat me with such disrespect?”)<br> Aragorn – James Gandalfini (Tony Soprano)<br> Legolas – Robert Duvall (Tom Hagen)<br> Gimli – Lenny Montana (Luca Brasi)<br> Denethor – Paul Sorvino (Paulie Cicero in <i> Goodfellas</i>)<br> Theoden – Dominic Chianese (Uncle Junior)<br> Boromir – James Caan ( Sonny Corleone)<br> Faramir – Ray Liotta (Henry Hill in <i> Goodfellas</i>)<br> Wormtongue – Joe Pantoliano (Ralphie on <i> The Sopranos</i>)<br> Arwen – Simonetta Stefanelli (Apollonia Corleone) <br> Saruman – Al Lettieri (Sollozo)<br> Galadriel – Lorraine Bracco (Tony’s shrink)<br> Fatty Bolger - Richard Castellano (Clemenza – “Leave the sword. Take the lembas.”)<br> The Gaffer – Abe Vigoda (Sal Tessio)<br> Orcs – Take your pick!<br> <p></p>
Old 07-15-2001, 11:18 AM   #80
Evenspire
Haunting Spirit

Ring

<BR>Cast</b><br><br> Bombadil: Red Skelton<br> <br> Frodo: Judy Garland or Mark Hammel<br> Gaffer: Walter Brennon<br> Sam: Martin Cheech<br> Merry: Martin Short<br> Eomer: Steve McQueen or Brad Pitt or Don Johnson<br> Pippin: Pee Wee Herman<br> Gandalf: John Houston (did voice in the cartoon movie)<br> Boromir: Mr. T.<br> Aragorn: Clint Eastwood (Do you feel lucky?)<br> Saruman:John Housman (Gandalf, here is a dime..)<br> Butterbur: Danny Devito<br> Faramir: McGuiver<br> or David Hasselhoff, Mandy Patemkin<br> Treebeard: Arnold Schwartzenegger<br> Bill Ferny: Don Adams<br> Gollum: Don Knotts <p></p>