The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2003, 03:32 PM   #1
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Thumbs up Tolkien pal C.S. Lewis to have his Chronicles of Narnia series made into movies!

According to <A HREF="http://www.Narnia.com," TARGET=_blank>www.Narnia.com,</A> there are efforts in the works for a big screen adaptation of Tolkien friend C.S. Lewis's classic <I>The Chronicles of Narnia</I>. Walden Media has links on it, and there have been rumblings about it. <P>These efforts have been very tight-lipped, but ongoing for years now. With the recent success of The Lord of the Rings and (gag) Harry Potter, the company has begun scouting for location and such, and rumor has it that good old WETA has been picked for use in the effects and props and such. In a recent interview with Lawrence Makoare by TheOneRing.net, "But over in New Zealand they are going to start filming The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.. there’s a [career] possibility there."<P>For fans of the only other works which might be considered equal and on level with Tolkien's <I>Rings</I> triology, this is exciting news indeed! Are there any other rumors that have been heard by the ears on this board? (And forgive me if this is considered off-topic for a Tolkien discussion, but it must surely be a matter of great interest to many LotR fans)
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote