User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2002, 06:34 PM   #481
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Lindolirian finally leaves his corner and walks out....

see second page close to the bottom... thats when i come in

[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: Lindolirian ]
Old 05-24-2002, 06:41 PM   #482
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Primrose: Well, this is definitely sobering.

Sam: To say the least.

Stacey: *Looking at her soiled dress* Well, it seems we're not really needed, here, you two. *Looks up at the swirling vortex* Let's go back to Bag End. I'm a mess.

Sam: [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Stacey: *Placing a hand on his shoulder* Frodo's okay, Sam--I'm sure he is.

Sam: Okay, Miss Stacey, if you say so.

*The three start walking off the feild in the direction they came*

Stacey: If anyone decides they actually need us, they only need to read this post to find out where we are.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-24-2002, 08:18 PM   #483
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Celeaewen saw the glittering figure aproach Child, and saw her faint dead away. Celeaewen, decided, sensibly, that since she had a certain talent for offending people, having any kind of conversation at all with one of the Valar was DEFINITLY not a good idea, so she broke and ran, trying to find a nice convenient place to hide. seeing as it was a Vortex, aka The Void, incredibly dangerous to ANYONE, Living or Dead, and ever-changeful, there is nowhere to hide but in the mass of people. Celeaewen only hoped that some one with a civil tounge in their head would do the talking. now where in the name of E-wait, best not do that she's right there, Was MITHIDAN?
Old 05-24-2002, 10:13 PM   #484
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After Birdie finishes LOLing through the last page of posts, the confusion (caused by her and Pio's inadvertent dual posts) seems to resolve into:
THE VOID!!

Birdie float/walks in nothingness. Absolute, complete, utter nada. The mother of all Voids Void.

Birdie has heard vague rumors of the Void in the discussion room, but is not real sure just what it is, since she pig-headedly refuses to buckle down and read the Silm. Frantically she pulls out Mithadan's PDA and signs on to her favorite cheat-sheet "The Encyclopedia of Arda"

"Void. Void. Void", she quickly scans the "V's". "It's not here!"

Thinking fast, she swing over to "Google" and types in "Tolkien+Void". The mighty search engine quickly supplies 20 pages of links.

"Let's see...Void...Ilúvatar...singing...Melkor...discord ...DISCORD!...more singing...more Void...more discord!" Birdie gets a sinking feeling in her stomach.

"I'M LOST!!!!"

"Child! Pio! Mithadan! Rose! Primrose! Lidarose! Tuberrose! ANYBODY"

A chair floats slowly by. Other than that, the Void is null.

OK, thinks Birdie, what did Ilúvatar do to get rid of the Void? He sang! That's it! I'll sing!

"Give my regards to Broad-way,
Remember me to Harold Square."

No, No! That can't be right. What to sing? What to sing?

And then softly to her own surprise, Birdie began to sing:

"In western lands beneath the Sun
the flowers may rise in Spring,
the trees may bud, the waters run,
the merry finches sing..."
Old 05-24-2002, 10:30 PM   #485
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Alone.
Completly alone.

Rose stood in the void. She had not relized it was the void because she had only started to read the Sil. But she felt afraid and lost. There was a thretening air about the place.

Then in the distance Rose hears a cry. It sounded like Birdland. She was going to go try to find her when she stopped for a moment.

Why did she want to help Birdie? Wasn't she one of the people ploting to use the REG for ransom? Nomater. They were all in the same boat now. She'd forget what had happed before.

As Rose searched she started to hear singing. Not knowing why Rose started to sing too. Her sweet voice (sorry to brag) in harmony with Birdie's.She felt her tension leave her as she sang:

"In western lands beneath the Sun
the flowers may rise in Spring,
the trees may bud, the waters run,
the merry finches sing..."

[ May 25, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 05-24-2002, 10:35 PM   #486
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose kept singing as she tried to find Birdland. She tried to keep her voice as loud as possible. Maybe then others would hear and sing also. Rose didn't understand it, but she felt it would help.
Old 05-24-2002, 10:51 PM   #487
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

(Not part of the story)
Yay we're on page 13!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Back to the story)
Old 05-25-2002, 12:51 AM   #488
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Veritas and pio stood back to back - pio her sword drawn and Veritas brandishing her now blazing staff. The time space continuum had stretched itself out and folded over and rejoined itself like a giant mobius strip. No place to get off. From somewhere near she could hear Birdie singing. It seemed a hopeful song, and pio wondered what phantasms had prompted such a bright refrain in so grey a world. In counterpoint, she heard a harmony echo Birdie's song in a clear small voice. That must be Rosie, she thought.

'Where's Child?', she wondered out loud. Veritas motioned with her free hand toward a small heap just on the other side of the REG. 'Fainted, again?!', she said.

The two surveyed the area as best they could, before putting away their weapons. Stepping toward the now still and silent REG, Veritas prodded it with her staff to see what would happen. It looked normal, and somehow innocent just sitting there, its toggle switches now in the 'off' position.

'Veritas, let's get the laptop hooked back up to the REG and run some diagnostics. I think I see the cable link up dangling from your pocket.'

Once engaged, the REG seemed to develop a low level hum, desafinado, slightly off key. The laptop ran its dignostic check, but could find nothing wrong.

'Oh look!, said pio. 'There's a new ebony icon down there on the left. Looks like a Gate of some sort with the letters DoN inscribed on it. Click on it - let's see what we get.'

'You sure you want to do this?!' said Veritas. 'Remember the last time we clicked on an icon?'

'How much worse could things get?' replied pio. 'Besides, this is still a party, let's have some fun!'

'For an elf, your ideas of fun are very strange -- and dangerous.' pio just smiled and clicked on the icon. A vibrant sable screen appeared with 2 large, locked doors in the center, edged in silver. On each was a large star, and in the center of each star were set gems of pure dazzling light. Below the doors was set a many branched luminescent white tree and at its roots was inscribed the invitation - 'Do You Want To Play?'

Birdie, Rose in tow, and the now awakened Child had made their way to the scene at the laptop. The five looked at each other, and then looked back at the enticing screen. Child, ever the voice of reason, opened her mouth to urge caution. Birdie and Rose leaned toward her as if in agreement.

'Of course, we want to play!' said pio, finger moving toward the enter key. She winked at the others and motioned them nearer with her free hand.

'Click!'

The logo screen for the game came up.

DOORS OF NIGHT

click HERE to open

Such an innocent invitation. How could she refuse the choice.

The sound of that small 'click' was overshadowed by the collective gasp from the remaining four companions, swallowed up in darkness.

meanwhile, back at the ranch, er. . . um Fields of Cormallen, a small group of expert trackers led by Mithadan were preparing to pursue the REG and its abductors.
Old 05-25-2002, 01:33 AM   #489
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This time it was not a great void they came in, but it was like they landed on antoher planet;It is a village, with big houses, two under one roof, with a small park on the other side of the road.
"This can not be!! This is the place were a lived my childhood!!!" Veritas is screaming.
"No, you're mistaken, this is the place were my school used to be, that building over there!" Pio points at a little field with grass and trees.
"I don't see any school, nor two houses under on roof, this is Minas Tirith!" Child sais.
"Can it be, that we're all seeing something different? My eyes say that this is a forest." Birdie.
"I'm home! I'm home!" Rosie is dancing all over the place.
"No, you're not home, you're seeing an image from your memory." Pio's the first who dares to say what they were all thinking.
"What are we going to do now?"
"Make fun, that's were we came for!" Veritas tries to be a bit optimistic, but she isn't.
"How can you make fun, if you're all seeing different things?"
"If there's a way we came here, than there must be a thing that can take us back, or make that we see all the same."
Pio points at a laptop, the wizard programms it again, an dthey go into the forest of Birdie.

After a while, when the group was in the forest, Mithadan comes to the laptop with a few people...
Old 05-25-2002, 05:52 AM   #490
Veritas
Wight

Sting

After have walked for an hour or two, the Party comes to an old temple, overgrown with plants.

"Is this where we're looking for?" wishpers Child. The place seems to be so quiet and peaceful, they don't dare to talk loud.

Veritas walks over to the entrance, and the rest follows her.
In the tempel hall shines the sun through the high windows, and they see in the middle a grave.

Rose is the first one who talks:"Look, it is the grave of a person; 'Died on fourth Forelith 1119, in the First Age' I can't see wich name." She's wipes with her hand over the stone, but it seems as if the name's distroyed by someone.

"Why would the REG take us her?" Birdland doesn't understand, "And why is the name gone?" She looks around and walks over to a door, hidden after an old curton.
"Come over here, I see a light."
The Party follows her into a little room, only Pio stays by the grave, thinking about who it could be...

In the middle of the small room floats a shining thing in the air.
"It looks like a Silmarill, how strange..." Veritas can not make a clue out of all these things.

"Hé, guys, I think I now who it is!" The elf sais, "Come back, I'll show you."
When the rest of the party just steps into the big hall, Veritas sees a very known face at the entrance of the temple...

"I know who it is as well." Mithadan and it's trackers...
Old 05-25-2002, 06:59 AM   #491
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Celeaewen and Rosseil were in a bit of a fix. they were trying desperatly not to be noticed by the shining white figure, and trying not to arouse anything that might be living there. the only thing for it would be to band the remaining party surviovors together and- do nothing and hope that someone found a way out soon. Rosseil and Celeaewen wandred around, looking for other guests. instead, they found the laptop. it was pulsating AGAIN, and there were big black doors on the screen.then Rosseil and Celeaewen did the sensible thing. they broke and ran. as they were running, celeaewen tripped over a little black box-the REG. ROsseil picked it up, and tey ran some distace away from the evil laptop before setting it down and turning it over. Celeaewen's idea was to use the green wire to amuse herself until someone rescued them. Rosseil's ideas were a little more complex, running along the lines of rewiring the REG to take them all home. Celeaewen wrenched off the lid (which came quite easily after all it went through) and was elecrocuting herself with the wire. Rosseil pushed her out of the way, and began to mess with the wiring, trying to find out how it worked, while Celeaewen sat and sulked, plotting Veritas's extreme injuries
Old 05-25-2002, 01:55 PM   #492
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Question

"OOOOO" Frodo's head is spinning and he almost feels like throwing up. "Sam??? SAM????? SAM!!!! Where are you?"

OK a few questions, what has happened, what is a REG, and why am I in trouble??
Old 05-25-2002, 02:00 PM   #493
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

<<a REG is a Random Events Generator. they add strange things to the RPGs. i have no idea why you are in trouble.>>
Old 05-25-2002, 02:15 PM   #494
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Well, Mister Frodo, the short of it seems to be that most of the folks from the party are stuck in some kind of vortex or void. These are the last two quotes from our little group, thought up by Miss Stacey, who wanted to get out of it:
Quote:
Primrose:*Looking around at the swirling vortex* Eh--what happened?
Sam: I--DON'T know, Tiny Rose...

Stacey: Ai... *Pulls up her sleeve, revealing an odd-looking communicator/teleporter thing on her wrist that looks like it came out of an old Sid & Marty Kroft show (which it did). *Reaches out and grabs Sam's hand* Sam, grab Primrose.
When he does, Stacey pushes a red button on the side of the device, and the three disappear from the vortex
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stacey/Sam/Primrose: WHOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Thud. Boff! Ugh!
Stacey: *At the bottom of the two hobbits* Erg--could you two get off of me?

Primrose: *Rolls off of her father, who in turn climbs of off Stacey's back and helps her up* What in the name of Middle-Earth is going on here!?!?

Stacey: *Straightens her glasses* Y'got me, Prim.

Sam: *Looks up into the dark sky. Most of it is full of a slowly twisting purple mass, assumedly the vortex they just fell out of. He looks at Stacey's wrist.* What exactly is that contraption, Miss Stacey?

Stacey: *Covering it up again with her sleeve* Ah--to tell you the truth, I forgot what it's called. Let's just say it's what they call in my world "technology"--granted, 1970's technology, but...
Stacey: And you're not in trouble, that I know of, sir, Sam was just concerned 'cause he hadn't seen you since before everyone was supposed to have gotten sucked up. He, Prim and I were heading back to Bag End, but seeing as how you seem to have gotten missed by the vortex/void thing, we'll come back!
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-25-2002, 02:59 PM   #495
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio perused the wizard who was standing apart from the rest of the group, apparently caught in a different time loop. Veritas was gesturing and pointing and her lips moved as if talking with someone. The problem is, assesed pio, that the wizard dropped her staff on transport. 'This is going to hurt!', thought pio to herself, 'And me more than you!!'

Handling a wizard's staff is always a tricky situation. One can never know how it will react to the touch of someone other than its chosen wielder. Bending close to the staff, pio extended her index finger to within a fraction of an inch of the smooth wood. She could feel the thrill of electricity, like a living current, caress her fingertip as if tasting the intent. 'Mellon', murmured pio, as if incanting a protective spell. The wand extended it's power to engulf the elf and raising itself, positioned itself firmly within her grip. Pio raised the wand and touched Veritas, whose startled expression had just accompanied the word: Mithadan.

Veritas closed her eyes briefly, the power of the wand flowing into her, and then opened the to refocus on the here and now. Pio sttod looking at her own intact hand with amazement, and Birdie, Rose, & Child had gathered near to offer her their support if needed.

'Where are we?', asked the wizard, now fully restored to herself.

'Funny you should asked that question,' came a mellifluous voice from the shadows to their left.'I've been pondering that question for a very long time - a timeless time you might say.' 'But where are my manners. Welcome to my world, such as it is. It's lovely to hear voices, that is, other than my own ringing about in my head. Come tell me of the outer world? And how fares Middle Earth in this Age?'

It was a casually asked question, and Child, being the great elucidator that she was stepped forward to detail a short (for a hobbit, that is) history of events.

Her mouth opened and the wheels of thought were just about to be set in motion for a good long dissertation, when pio, her sword drawn stepped in front of her and hushed her with a shake of her head.

pio's eyes had grown large - to accomodate themselves for the lack of light in this place. She turned to face the Being in the Shadows and motioned the others to stand behind her.

'Give us your name, O Seeming Fair One', she demanded. 'If we are pleased, we will exchange information with you. Come forth and let us see you.'

'Such bravery for so such a small creature', mused the voice drawing nearer. 'But you are intruders in my world, and by courtesy should reveal yourselves to me.'

A dark figure stepped closer into the shading greyness. 'And as for 'choosing' to exchange information, we'll discuss that later. We have all the time we need to learn about each other.'
Old 05-25-2002, 03:37 PM   #496
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose,as she sang found Birdie.

They both stopped singing. Then before Rose could say anything Birdie put her finger to her lips. Then she grabed Rose by the arm and dragged her to where Pio and Veritas were sitting with a laptop. Child was walking over too. The screen said 'Do You Want To Play?' Rose was nervous but she found that she was curious too.Then they were transported again

For a moment Rose was happy to find she was back in Hobbiton. Then Pio said that it was just a projection of her memory. Rose then found herself in a forest.

They came to the unnamed tomb and Rose grew unesay. When she heard a voice behind her she quickly put her hand on her dagger. Rose wasn't about to trust the stranger.

Pio had motioned for Rose to stay behind her but when the stanger had spoken Rose rushed forward, her knife out.Her normally pleasant face was now suspitious.

"What do you mean by that?" she said."You better tell us whats going on or you'll be in trouble. It's five ageinst one as you see."

Old 05-25-2002, 04:07 PM   #497
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The figure in the shadows laughed softly at the young hobbit girl confrunting him.

"You better silence your miget or I might grow angry."
Old 05-25-2002, 07:51 PM   #498
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Midget, Child fumed, what do you mean by midget?

Child was making up all kinds of insulting responses inside her brain, but decided it might be better to keep her mouth closed and refrain from speech, at least for the moment. She had a sinking feeling that this was not going to be very good.

Her brain was splitting in half. She remembered waking up from her faint with the beautiful gold and silver Valar nodding over her. Never had Child felt so small. For the first time in her life,Child wished she was an Elf so that she might stay in this beautiful place they called the West.

Elbereth had bent over her. Child had thought she would be blasted to the ends of the earth. But the strangest thing had happened. Elbereth had leaned over her and laughed, a sweet and clear laugh like a tinkling bell.

Then she had said, "Well, little hobbit, you have definitely fallen into the wrong story. Go back with your friends and help them."

Then, all had gone black and she had woken up in the Void with her friends, and now this miserable large thing was calling her a midget!!
Old 05-25-2002, 08:09 PM   #499
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

"Well, Rose, we were obviously singing the wrong song."

At least Birdie seemed to have found most everyone she started out with, but the hardy Piosenniel seemed to view the shiny, mist shrouded stranger with the same trust you would afford a talking snake offering to sell you a used car. The usually erudite Child stood in tongue-tied dismay. And Birdie had one heck of a tension headache.

Had her singing summoned this creature out of the Void? If so, it was the first time Birdie's singing had ever drawn an audience.

"I should have sung something Elvish...or Valarish" Suddenly the song "Volare" got stuck in Birdie's head. Now she knew why she had wanted the REG in the first place. She'd been seeking more stability to her thought processes.

And all our petty thievery and prankishness had led us here, to the Big Kahuna. Or at least one of the Bigger Kahunas.

"Uh, excuse me, sir." squeaked Birdie, You're name wouldn't by chance start with an..."M"?
Old 05-25-2002, 09:29 PM   #500
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose was fumeing. Miget? She could tell Child was angry too. But who was this? Who did Birdie think it was?

Well that didn't matter. Rose wasn't going to trust him. She silently thanked all that was good that she had had the sence to snach a weapon beforehand.

Then Rose tried to think of all the people she had read about in the Sil so far that had names that started with 'M'. Then she froze. It couldn't be HIM? Could it?

Then the stranger stepped from the shadows to where they could all see him clearly.
Old 05-25-2002, 09:33 PM   #501
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

(This is not part of the story)

Um, I just want to say that this is some of the most fun I have ever had. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I wonder if last year's party was this exiting.

Anyway, thank you guys for a great time.

(back to the story)
Old 05-26-2002, 12:26 AM   #502
Veritas
Wight

Sting

As Veritas saw the person in the sunlight, she would say "Aah, it's ... on the tip of my tongue, who is he?"
"Welcome to my humble home, again, my friends." Rose didn't like his voice,too slimy.
"Home, a tombe is your home? Why do you want to prefer to live in this tombe?" Child was angry.
"If you're dead, you sometimes want to be at the place where they gave you your last honor. Although my friends were not so friendly." the gost admits.
"Say, are you, sorry, were you that friend of Gollum, that had the ring, and was killed by Gollum?" Birdie asks. Whe she sais Pio walks slowly towards the person, her heand on her sword, she didn't trust him, sertanly not when he was a friend of Gollum.

"YES, yes I was, I was it who found the ring, and that gollum took it from me." He cries, "And I want revenge, that's why I gave the REG to Mithadan, he would be able to found Gollum with his laptop, and bring him to me, using the REG, but YOU, you spoiled the hole thing! And now you're going to feel what it's like to be killed."
He storms to the Party, but Pio was faster and hits him with her sword, but because it was a ghost, it didn't matter.

Suddenly Mithadan and his three trackers came to help the gost and a heavy battle began.
Rose took one of the trackers, just as Child and Birdland.
Piosenniel was fighting with Mithadan, and the wizard was trying to do something with the gost, but that wasn't easy.
Old 05-26-2002, 05:12 AM   #503
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The Valar speak Quenya, Birdie. Jut to help in clarifying that. I Made it!! Somehow.... I realized that you were having allthe fun. Well.. Deagol??? Fancy meeting you. And I dont see why you call Child a midget, since your pretty much a hobbit youself, A southern Stoor of the Galdden Fields to be precise. You don't know me, but my cousin took the ring from Gollum, Smeagol he was to you. And What do you mean a tomb? I thougt your body was never found.
Heh! At least Icaought up to you!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 26, 2002: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]
Old 05-26-2002, 06:14 AM   #504
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rosa is still lieing on te ground sleeping and snoreing that could wake the dead.
"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!"
Old 05-26-2002, 06:44 AM   #505
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Celeaewen was bored, very bored, as were a good deal of the people stuck in the Void. the half of them hadnt red the Silm, and if they had, they didnt connect the dark place they were standing with that void, and Celeaewen simply was too bored to care if wayward evil Valar happend to visit. Rosseil,oon the other hand, had feverishly trying to figure out how to send them home.
" Let us hope our presence may go unnoticed"
Celeaewen stared. Something fishy was going on here.
Old 05-26-2002, 07:45 AM   #506
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

NOOO!!!!!!!! Please don't bring Gollum back!! He might decide my finger was good and want the rest of me!!!

Besides, half an hour of "my precious" would drive all of us mad.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:23 AM   #507
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

(Not part of story)

I don't know Child.

I thought we were dealing with Morgoth too.

Guess we just have to go with the flow.
(Back to story)
Old 05-26-2002, 12:07 PM   #508
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Rosseil continued fiddling with the wires, until she chucked the box at Celeaewen in frustration.
"Some help, PLEASE! I'm technologically challenged, i don't think I should be doing this without some HELP or I'll end up blowing us all up or something, I don't know what the h*ll to do with this!"
"OH, PRETTY WIRES!" squealed Celeae, reaching for a green wire, and was then shoulders & shaken by Rosseil, who was looking murderous.
"OH WOULD YOU JUST HELP ME PLEASE OR FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN!"
Old 05-26-2002, 02:04 PM   #509
Veritas
Wight

Sting

<<<It seems I have made a problem, Mithadan wasn't evil, but he was focused on the REG, and confused by Deagols appiration, and he's angry that the party spoiled his plans.
Mithadan, I'm sorry if I made you be evil.
Btw, who has said we were dealing with Motgoth, did I miss something in the posts, that's possible, so I think that's Deagols appiration was a misleading from Morgoth, and that it was the plan that Morgoth wanted to get Mithadan, for any reason. I think we must move on with the RPG as if nothing happened, and I feel REALLY SORRY about everything I've done wrong! Please forgive me.
I'll will delete this message about two days, when everyone involved read it.>>>

[ May 26, 2002: Message edited by: Veritas ]
Old 05-26-2002, 02:41 PM   #510
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

ooc:: Yes, we are facing Morgoth in the Void where he has been imprisoned for gadzillions of years for being overly inharmonious! I am going to do a deus ex machina here and pull the storyline together. Let's make this a good battle by sword and wit and words!::

The figure stepped from the shadow. What an incongruity of dark and light. His face was fair, filled with the beauty of the first created, but in his dark eyes were reflections of worlds crushed into dust by the chaos of his character. His smile took them all in, inviting them to be at ease, while in his eyes flashed lightning and danger. He spoke, and his voice was soothing, the words jarring:

'Turn that d@mned thing off! It's giving me a mega-headache trying to watch all of you cope with all the permutations of reality it's throwing off!'

'One does not simply turn the d@mned thing off.' returned Birdie shaking off her headache & channeling Boromir from the movie. 'Its workings are guarded by mysterious wirings . . . & besides, there is no *off* button!' Birdie had never been one to cower before a challenger, not even one as daunting as this.

'Yeah! What she said!!' came the firm hobbit voices of Child and Rosie in chorus. The steeliness of Birdie's reply had given them a shot of courage.

'No *off* button?!', queried the Being, advancing on the REG. 'Then what's this?' His slim finger touched the side of the unit, and a silver button appeared, as if it had always been there. One 'click' and the REG turned dark and silent.

He watched as all five figures wavered and shimmered in their positions, and finally refocused into solidity. Their eyes unglazed, became clear and took in there surroundings now with clear senses.

'They're beautiful and wondrous.', he thought to himself. 'See how the light still plays through every atom of their being.' He looked down at his own hands, and wondered if any such harmony still ran through him.

Veritas leaned on her staff, regarding his actions closely.

pio stepped forth once more, sword now secured in its scabbard. 'What is your name, Fair One? & how did you come to this place? & why do we find ourselves here?'

'My name is Morgoth.' came the simple reply. 'Or Melkor, among others I have had on Middle Earth. As to the How and Why of your question that will take some longer time to answer you than will be comfortable standing in this grey place. Come, let us go where we can sit and be comfortable, and ferret out such answers as we may. I have food and drink and some comforts here, such as they are. And you are welcome to them.'

The thought of resting somewhere and refreshing themselves overcame all inhibitions at present. The five followed Morgoth into the grey emptiness, walking closely together in a line - Birdie at point to scan for dangers, and pio at rear, her hand resting lightly on the pommel of her sword.

'Do you think there might be mushrooms?' asked Child, her stomach growling.

'I hope so!' piped in Rose. '& pints of rootbeer!'

'Make that wine, and I'm with you!', joined in Veritas.

'Steady on!' said Birdie - 'Take care!' echoed pio.

Further into greyness trudged the five.

& leading them surely was Morgoth, his fair face obscured by shadow.

[ May 26, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-26-2002, 03:41 PM   #511
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Mithidan and Trackers burst in(not just an apparition, real this time), as they saw the five being led away by a VERY frightening looking figure. Celeaewen squeaked. she had agreed to come with Mithidan, only to kill Veritas, and Rosseil had come along for the fun of it (twisted mind, eh?). only it seemed that Morogoth was going to kill Veritas, and the other four people as well. this did not bode well for anyone.
Old 05-26-2002, 04:22 PM   #512
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

not part of story:
I DO NOT HAVE A TWISTED MIND, I WAS SUPPORTING MY"FRIEND" CELEAEWEN, CELEAEWEN
really, people these days. u think someone is ur friend....o well
Old 05-26-2002, 04:41 PM   #513
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Ok let's see if I can fix this REG thing and bring everyone back. I hate machines."

Sam said "Umm.. Mr. Frodo?"
"What?"
"I don't know but I hear metal is a good conductor of ele.. elec.."
Frodo smiled "Electricity. And you're right, Sam." *oof camr the chan, jewel, and circlet*

"Hmm..... well these wires are broken. I may be able to put them...." POP!! FLASH!!!
The smell of burning was in the air.
"hmm... I'm all right!"
Old 05-26-2002, 05:35 PM   #514
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

(Not part of the story)
Thank you Pio. It was getting weird. Especally when I tried to fix things. I will be deleting my messed up posts.
We just have to read posts more carefully.
(Back to the Story)

"Arg, I should have read the rest of the Sil." Rose thought to herself. " I know almost nothing about this."

Rose was suspitious but the thought of food and rest overpowered her.

She whispered to Child. "I wouldn't mind those mushrooms but I don't think we should eat much. I still don't trust this thing. If he was anything like Sauron then I don't think he means well."

Rose cursed her empty stomach. It would be hard to resist a good meal. But she wouldn't be taken in so easily.
Old 05-26-2002, 06:30 PM   #515
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

Child's brain was racing feverishly at the very same time that her stomach was growling in a crescendo that would have made a good accompaniment to a dwarf battle song. She tried not to focus on her stomach, which was a natural act for a hobbit, but instead to think through the situation.

She still had her sodden copy of the annotated Silm with her. That had to be of some help. She did not understand how she could be talking to Morgoth, but this did seem to be the case. She vaguely remembered that Morgoth was supposed to crawl out of the Void at the end of the world to cause some serious mischief. Child didn't think the end of the world was here, but perhaps Morgoth had different ideas.

She turned and muttered to her companions, "I am no hero, believe me. But we have to be careful here. Whatever happens to us, and I mean whatever, we can not let this monster use us to crawl out of this pit. Everything we know and everyone we love will be toast, and all because we partied too long and perhaps were a bit too dedicated to our schemes of petty larceny." She was feeling a little guilty.

OK, said Birdland, exactly what do we need to find out? Does this lovely creature know what happened at the end of the Third Age? Does he know what Sam and Frodo did, and what happened to Sauron? Does he even know it's now the Age of Man? How much news gets through to the Void? Maybe we can probe him and get some answers to that. Those answers may help us. I almost wish we had one of the Children of Men here to help us.

Pio nodded: And where are Sam and Frodo? I can't tell if they're here in the void or managed to get back to reality. I think it would be a very, very bad idea for Morgoth to get hold of a Baggins or Gamgee in this situation, especially if he learns what happened to Sauron. And Ihope that Legolas or Gimli or Arwen or any of that crew are nowhere to be found.

Child shook her head: Shush, you guys. He's looking back at us and he doesn't look too kindly. We've got to be very, very careful. Now, what do we do next?
Old 05-26-2002, 06:55 PM   #516
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
I think it would be a very, very bad idea for Morgoth to get hold of a Baggins or Gamgee in this situation, especially if he learns what happened to Sauron.
Rose jumped when Pio said that.

She wondered if being Sam's wife would put her in danger.

*gulp* "Um..you guys. Would it be a problem if you started calling me Ms. Underhill?"

And there was another reason to be worried. Rose thought she had seen Frodo some ways behind them. He would definatly be in danger if Morgoth was looking for revenge.

Where was Sam?

[ May 26, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 05-26-2002, 07:18 PM   #517
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

"so what do we do now?" asked Rosseil, eying the bunch ahead of them.
" the sensible thing." siad Celeaewen
" yes, obviosly, go and rescue them" said Mithidan.
"err, thats not what i had in mind. more like turn tail and run"
Mithidan glared at her, then picked theri group uo into a faster pace.
" Why do i have the starngest feeling of impending doom?"
Old 05-26-2002, 07:20 PM   #518
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

"Well, whatever we do, we can't let The Big M. see the laptop or the PDA." whispers Birdie. "And even Child's annotated edition of the Silm would tell him far too much...if he could keep all the names straight."

"But," said Rose, "He'd never figure out how to log onto the laptop, could he?"

You saw how he called up the 'off' button on REG, didn't you?" said Pio. "If he can do that, he can hack the laptop or the PDA, no problem."

"And iIf he get a chance to read the board, said Veritas, "and finds out how much of a mess his acolyte Sauron made of the War of the Rings, and who actually defeated him? You go tell HIM that world domination was snatched from their grasp by 3-foot people with furry feet. He can't find out what we know. And the board will tell him everything! Everything!"

"Wellllll..." said Rose, "not everything. Hey! Do you think we could ask him about the Balrog wings? I'd really like to know one way or the other...

"No!"

"You know", said Child, "it would be kind of neat if we could ask him if he ever met Tom Bombadil..."

"NO!"
Old 05-26-2002, 07:25 PM   #519
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Morgoth glanced back at the companions, but his gaze was not fixed on them but at a point well behind them.

Pio turned, her elf eyes attempting to discern a target, her ears straining to catch a sound.

'To your left, just a little and at the place where we first met him.' whispered Veritas, motioning with her staff, which also served as a quasi-antenna at need.

There it was . . . small sounds of confusion and alarm and then a thick curtain of returning silence.

'Your friends won't be coming with us.' said Morgoth. 'They've been evicted for the moment and returned to their original positions.' His gaze took in the 5 companions. 'It's just you and I. & that will have to do for now.' His hand caressed the REG which he held lightly under one arm, his finger just leaving what appeared to be a 'reset' button. Even as he finger lifted from it, the button returned seamlessly to the smooth surface of the REG, and disappeared.

The 5 huddled together, questioning glances stealing between them. 'Friends, what friends?' asked Rose. 'I hope they got back ok, whoever they were.'

'Mithadan, probably' returned pio 'I'm sure I heard him tracking us at one point. He'll figure out something. Don't worry about him. We've got more present problems to sort out.'

'Morgoth!', called Birdie to their guide.'How is it that they were returned and we were not?' She was eager to learn all she could about the REG. She had plans for it still, providing they ever got out of here.

Morgoth smiled another utterly disarming smile and explained how the 5 were under his protection at the moment; that he had attuned himself to the REG and was able to adjust its focus as he needed.

He turned back to continue on their way - glancing back once at Rose, he narrowed his eyes, and then laughed. 'Wings, yes. Fly, no-- only if you toss them!'

Birdie blanched, regretting she'd said anything about the laptop or PDA.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:44 PM   #520
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Where was Sam?
Did you read my last posts, or was that just a story question?